PDA

View Full Version : Stick it to Glass

redbrian
06-12-2006, 09:53 PM
The best way for Royals fans and the City of Kc to stick it to Mr. Glass the way he has stuck it to all the fans and tax payers would be to stage a boycott of Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club stores.

It’s time to vote with your feet and your pocket book, join the movement don’t spend another red penny at Wal-Mart or Sam’s

Moooo
06-12-2006, 09:56 PM
The best way for Royals fans and the City of Kc to stick it to Mr. Glass the way he has stuck it to all the fans and tax payers would be to stage a boycott of Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club stores.

It’s time to vote with your feet and your pocket book, join the movement don’t spend another red penny at Wal-Mart or Sam’s

Nothing quite as funny as seeing the little guy try to stick it to the big guy... gotta love capitalism...

I do admire your passion and enthusiasm.

Moooo

JBucc
06-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Does he even work for Wal-Mart anymore? I'm not really sure how that would do anything besides, well, nothing.

Halfcan
06-12-2006, 10:00 PM
I don't go to Walmart or Sams-screw them both. The best way is to stay away from the Royals.

VonneMarie
06-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Berrora has to be one of the dumbest players we have!

How many times has this idiot got thrown out stretching singles into doubles this year? :cuss:

VonneMarie
06-12-2006, 10:02 PM
On the other hand, he just made it a 1 run game.

tk13
06-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Does he even work for Wal-Mart anymore? I'm not really sure how that would do anything besides, well, nothing.
He's on the board of directors, but he isn't the CEO/Chairman/Top dog/whatever he was like he used to be.

redbrian
06-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Nothing quite as funny as seeing the little guy try to stick it to the big guy... gotta love capitalism...

I do admire your passion and enthusiasm.

Moooo

Hell this could work,

Was it over when the Germans
bombed Pearl Harbor?

BWillie
06-12-2006, 10:09 PM

Nothing like NOT supporting thousands of workers in your local area just to prove a point to Mr. Glass, a point that he won't even care about. Trust me, if all of the Wal-Marts blew up in the KC area I don't think it would hurt Glass financially one bit.

redbrian
06-12-2006, 10:10 PM

He still gets a fat paycheck from those folks, this screws the folks who screwed the Royals, boycotting the Royals only hurts the Royals, come on folks stop buying your cheap overseas sweat shop goods from the bastard.

redbrian
06-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Nothing like NOT supporting thousands of workers in your local area just to prove a point to Mr. Glass, a point that he won't even care about. Trust me, if all of the Wal-Marts blew up in the KC area I don't think it would hurt Glass financially one bit.

You mean the underpaid workers who could be making good bucks at mom and pop shops if Glass and his gang of thugs had not put them out of business, hell they can make more on the dole than what they get at those stores (and better hours too).

wazu
06-12-2006, 10:17 PM
If Wal-Mart ceased to exist at all, David Glass would still be a bazillionaire. Boycotting Wal-Mart would just be "sticking it" to myself. I'll go to whatever store has the best combination of location, selection, and price (in that order). Wal-Mart generally wins all three categories.

redbrian
06-12-2006, 10:24 PM
If Wal-Mart ceased to exist at all, David Glass would still be a bazillionaire. Boycotting Wal-Mart would just be "sticking it" to myself. I'll go to whatever store has the best combination of location, selection, and price (in that order). Wal-Mart generally wins all three categories.

To each his own, I prefer to pay more for better quality and service.

BigRedChief
06-12-2006, 10:31 PM
There are so many groups boycotting Walmrt right now and it doesn't faze them. Good passion. Wrong Idea.

KCBOSS1
06-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Glass doesn't work for Wal-mart anymore, although I think he owns a ton of stock. Staying away from Walmart probably won't hurt him and everybody is already staying away from the Royals.

BWillie
06-12-2006, 11:07 PM
You mean the underpaid workers who could be making good bucks at mom and pop shops if Glass and his gang of thugs had not put them out of business, hell they can make more on the dole than what they get at those stores (and better hours too).

Wrong. Wal-Mart employees on average are paid alot better than you may think. In fact, there are may retailers out there such as Target that have lower starting wages than Wal-Mart. When I was a supervisor two years ago I made $10.35/hr while I was in college at 21 years old part time. Pretty good pay no? I also worked at Sears, and let me tell ya the pay is alot better at Wal-Mart/Sam's Clubs than that unorganized chain. Did you know Wal-Mart offers benefits now to part-time workers? What other retailer can attest to that? Virtually none. My friend works at best buy, if he works a 9 hour shift he gets one break. If Wal-Mart employees work 9 hours, they get one hour lunch, and two paid fifteens.

You seem to support the mom and pop stores who employ a few people right? Well I'd rather shop at a place that supports hundreds of thousands of employees plus thousands in your own community who stock the sheleves, accountants, wal-mart pharmacists, cashiers, optical techs, all the way down to the guys that drive the trucks to the stores. So you'd rather pay twice as much for the same product at the local mom and pop drugstore so Mr. Johnson has the right to get paid 8 dollars an hour to sleep behind the counter?

I just get sick and tired of the badger of Wal-Mart. If you are going to badger Wal-Mart then do so to all retailers that take advantage of cheaper unskilled labor and the high volume low price low margin strategy. I don't see people bitching about all the guys working at 711's for 5.25 an hour.

beavis
06-12-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm amazed at the hatred thrown Glass' way. People forget that if it weren't for him, the Royals would probably be playing in Mexico City by now.

KCBOSS1
06-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Honestly, I kind of agree, i think. The Royals are in a catch 22 spot. They are going to have to sign stronger players to draw fans, but they are going to have to have a more desirable place to play to be attractive to better players which means having stronger fan support.

I actually look for some baseball comedy movie to include them as the professional "bad news bears" like they did the Indians several years back. What was the name of that movie with Charlie Sheen? It might help us some.

Hammock Parties
06-12-2006, 11:30 PM
He's the former CEO of walmart, and now is on the board of directors that prety much overlooks the ceo and helps makes decisions about the company. so he is very much apart of walmart, just not as much as when he was the ceo.

Hammock Parties
06-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Wrong. Wal-Mart employees on average are paid alot better than you may think. In fact, there are may retailers out there such as Target that have lower starting wages than Wal-Mart. When I was a supervisor two years ago I made $10.35/hr while I was in college at 21 years old part time. Pretty good pay no? I also worked at Sears, and let me tell ya the pay is alot better at Wal-Mart/Sam's Clubs than that unorganized chain. Did you know Wal-Mart offers benefits now to part-time workers? What other retailer can attest to that? Virtually none. My friend works at best buy, if he works a 9 hour shift he gets one break. If Wal-Mart employees work 9 hours, they get one hour lunch, and two paid fifteens.

You seem to support the mom and pop stores who employ a few people right? Well I'd rather shop at a place that supports hundreds of thousands of employees plus thousands in your own community who stock the sheleves, accountants, wal-mart pharmacists, cashiers, optical techs, all the way down to the guys that drive the trucks to the stores. So you'd rather pay twice as much for the same product at the local mom and pop drugstore so Mr. Johnson has the right to get paid 8 dollars an hour to sleep behind the counter?

I just get sick and tired of the badger of Wal-Mart. If you are going to badger Wal-Mart then do so to all retailers that take advantage of cheaper unskilled labor and the high volume low price low margin strategy. I don't see people bitching about all the guys working at 711's for 5.25 an hour.

I agree with you 100% about walmart. ive worked for walmart for almost 2 years now, im making about 8 dollars an hour, which is decent and helps me through college. Insurance there is prety good for college aged kids, definitely not too great for families. Walmart goes into communities and gives people there jobs that werent there before, the only people walmart brings with the store are prety much the managers. Walmart also has people move up through the company so you dont have to go to college to become a manager that could make around 30-40k a year which aint too bad. Walmart just gets a lot of flac for running smaller businesses out of town, but here walmart gives small businesses tax free stuff which helps them immensely, along with charitable organizations and stuff. People just make fun of walmart because they're perceived as the big bad evil, but they definitely help more than they hurt.

But i would say that the uppers are all totall jackasses and dont really care anything about the employees or the customers, the only reason the company is still employee oriented(thought a lot less now than it used to be) is because Sam Walton had a lot of things put into place that the new uppers cant really change.

ChiefsfaninPA
06-13-2006, 04:46 AM
Is this the same David Glass that took over Walmart after Sam Walton stepped down? If it is, the Royals will be screwed. If he runs that organization the way he ran Walmart..........it will be forever until you guys have a successful season. This is the same guy who they said took the soul out of walmart for his lack of passion for the associated and customers. So he probably feels the same way about the fans.

06-13-2006, 04:55 AM
I agree with you 100% about walmart. ive worked for walmart for almost 2 years now, im making about 8 dollars an hour, which is decent and helps me through college. Insurance there is prety good for college aged kids, definitely not too great for families. Walmart goes into communities and gives people there jobs that werent there before, the only people walmart brings with the store are prety much the managers. Walmart also has people move up through the company so you dont have to go to college to become a manager that could make around 30-40k a year which aint too bad. Walmart just gets a lot of flac for running smaller businesses out of town, but here walmart gives small businesses tax free stuff which helps them immensely, along with charitable organizations and stuff. People just make fun of walmart because they're perceived as the big bad evil, but they definitely help more than they hurt.

But i would say that the uppers are all totall jackasses and dont really care anything about the employees or the customers, the only reason the company is still employee oriented(thought a lot less now than it used to be) is because Sam Walton had a lot of things put into place that the new uppers cant really change.

You can update your sig now. Just FYI :)

Eleazar
06-13-2006, 05:09 AM
:rolleyes:

Walmart does not own the Royals. Glass is not the CEO of Walmart anymore. This would not hurt him. I say again - :rolleyes:

jjjayb
06-13-2006, 06:32 AM

I've worked for those mom and pop stores and believe me, they don't pay all that great. And Pop was a pain in the ass to work for too. Mom and Pops kids also worked there. They sucked but they were still my bosses. Blood is thicker than performance afterall. I always loved it when Mom would come in when she was in a bad mood and take it out on me for no reason other than she could. Too bad I didn't have anyone to go to and try to put a stop to it because her husband was the boss and he wouldn't make her straighten up for fear of sleeping on the couch. Insurance? What's that. Mom and pop didn't have insurance for their employees. Sick days? Vacations days? Heh. Yeah right. 401K? Nope.

Yep, working for Mom and Pop is so much better.

Eleazar
06-13-2006, 06:36 AM
Mey tread wins teh weetart of tee day awart!

teedubya
06-13-2006, 09:15 AM
I just took the lenses out of my glasses, and the glass windows out of my house.

I hate GLASS.

Bob Dole
06-13-2006, 09:25 AM
Bob Dole heard that Glass really likes cashews. We should all go to Wal~Mart and buy all the cashews so he can't have any.

htismaqe
06-13-2006, 09:29 AM

I hear Beijing is nice this time of year.

StcChief
06-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Stick it to Glass? Don't buy Royals tickets now.

STH well he's got there money this year DONOT showup.

FringeNC
06-13-2006, 11:05 AM
He still gets a fat paycheck from those folks, this screws the folks who screwed the Royals, boycotting the Royals only hurts the Royals, come on folks stop buying your cheap overseas sweat shop goods from the bastard.

Are you suggesting the workers in these third world countries would be better off if the sweatshops closed?

morphius
06-13-2006, 11:09 AM
If you want to keep the pressure on Glass, just keep the national jokes going about the Royals. He didn't even seem to make a move until this year when the national sports networks and the like started cracking on the Royals.

With his latest deal with revoking the press passes he is even getting more pressure. Keep it up nationally so that his friends start to make cracks to him and he may finally do something.