PDA

View Full Version : HAHAHA J.J. Redick Got a D-Dub

rageeumr
06-13-2006, 09:41 AM
I hate J.J. Redick, and I'll admit, most of the reasons that I hate him are in this list (http://www.armchairgm.com/mwiki/index.php?title=10_Reasons_Why_You_Hate_JJ_Redick)
But I still find this funny.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2006/news/story?id=2482061

J.J. Redick, a likely first-round pick in this month's NBA draft, was arrested for driving while impaired early Tuesday and has was released on $1,000 bond, a Raleigh-Durham, N.C., television station reported.

WTVD, citing a police report, said that Redick was arrested at 1:03 a.m. in Durham, N.C., after the former Duke star made an illegal U-turn to avoid a police checkpoint.

The television station reported that Redick is scheduled to appear in a Durham court on July 17.

The NBA draft is scheduled June 28 in New York City. How an arrest will affect Redick's draft status is unclear, though it may not hurt it, according to ESPN.com's Andy Katz.

Redick had previously pulled out of scheduled workouts with Orlando and Boston this week. Previously, he had worked out for Golden State, Utah, Houston and Seattle.

Among the teams reportedly interested in Redick is Houston, which has the No. 8 pick.

Redick, who won the 2006 Wooden Award as the nation's top college player, shot 47 percent from the field, 42 percent from 3-point range and 85 percent from the free throw line in leading Duke to a 32-4 record. He finished his career with 2,769 points and the record 457 3-pointers.

Fish
06-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Ha Ha.... dumbass Redick...

DUKE SUCKS!

Demonpenz
06-13-2006, 09:46 AM
dick vitale bailed him out

ct
06-13-2006, 09:47 AM
ROFL

That pic in your list link is classic!!

Ultra Peanut
What a dumb****.

rageeumr
dick vitale bailed him out

Actually the reason he got pulled over in the first place was because Vitale's head kept hitting the steering wheel while Dick was fellating him.

Demonpenz
06-13-2006, 09:52 AM
redick failed a sobriety field test including sinking a 3 pointer with a man in his face

ChiefsfaninPA
06-13-2006, 10:00 AM
redick failed a sobriety field test including sinking a 3 pointer with a man in his face

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

noa
06-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Pulling an illegal U-turn to avoid the checkpoint is the classic way to get busted. Cops always lookout for that. Sometimes, they even set up fake checkpoints and only go after the people who are pulling the U-turns.

Infidel Goat
06-13-2006, 11:37 AM
.11, reportedly.

I don't think it will affect his draft status in the least.

In fact, I suspect he is shooting up the BailBlazers draft chart.

BWillie
06-13-2006, 02:30 PM
I bet I'm the only one who likes JJ Reddick on this board. I really hope he proves people wrong and becomes a major force in the NBA next year. What this guy did last year was nothing short of amazing.

DJJasonp
06-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Dick Vitale, lead counselor for Reddick, has informed the judge presiding over Reddick's hearing that he will be utilizing the dreaded Chewbacca defense.

Hootie
06-13-2006, 02:37 PM
I bet I'm the only one who likes JJ Reddick on this board. I really hope he proves people wrong and becomes a major force in the NBA next year. What this guy did last year was nothing short of amazing.
how the hell is a 6'3" white guy with no athleticism going to become a 'major force'?

Can he shoot? Yes. Could he score some points? Probably. Can he become a 'major force'? Hell no. Unless you considered Steve Kerr a major force.

BWillie
06-13-2006, 02:44 PM
how the hell is a 6'3" white guy with no athleticism going to become a 'major force'?

Can he shoot? Yes. Could he score some points? Probably. Can he become a 'major force'? Hell no. Unless you considered Steve Kerr a major force.

Exactly. Which is exactly why I'm rooting for him. There is always a place for shooters in the NBA. I personally see him maxing out at 17 PPG, but he might not get enough court time because I can't see him guarding most SG's like Kobe and the likes.

When I look at how much improvement Reddick has had since his freshman year it's startling. If he puts that kind of effort and improves that much in the NBA, who knows what can happen.