PDA

View Full Version : Because we dont have enough Big Ben threads..... Ben now listed in Fair condition

pr_capone
06-13-2006, 03:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2482701

PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger could be released from the hospital in three to five days after the Steelers' quarterback was thrown from his motorcycle without a helmet and left with a mild concussion and multiple facial fractures.

His condition was upgraded Tuesday to fair, and doctors said the Super Bowl star fractured his upper and lower jaw bones and broke his nose. He also sustained head lacerations in addition to losing two teeth and chipping several others.

"His brain is functioning normally," said Dr. Larry Jones, chief of trauma at Mercy Hospital. He said added Roethlisberger was "alert and awake" and with his family.

The 24-year-old player was riding his black 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa, a powerful bike, when he collided with a car late Monday morning, police said.

Roethlisberger, who became the youngest quarterback to lead a team to the Super Bowl title in February, initially was listed in serious but stable condition before and after seven hours of surgery Monday.

Nobody has been cited in the crash and police will not release information until an accident reconstruction is complete, police spokeswoman Tammy Ewin said.

Pittsburgh television station KDKA reported Tuesday that police are checking whether the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback had a license.

Sources told the TV station that Roethlisberger had a license to operate a car but has never had a Pennsylvania motorcycle license.

Roethlisberger was not wearing a helmet when he crashed and says he prefers not to wear one. Pennsylvania's law requiring motorcycle helmets was repealed in 2003.

In May 2005, Cowher warned him about safe riding after Cleveland tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was injured in a motorcycle accident. Winslow tore knee ligaments and was lost for the season.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

cdcox
06-13-2006, 03:44 PM
I think it bears reapeating that Ben was the youngest QB ever to win a SB.

Ben was the youngest QB ever to win a SB.

chiefqueen
06-13-2006, 03:57 PM
He's in fair condition........expect him to be downgraded for a day or two after Cowher gets through with him.

jidar
06-13-2006, 03:58 PM
I hear Ben was the youngest quarterback ever to faceplant on a windshield.

Rain Man
06-13-2006, 04:34 PM
He's in fair condition........expect him to be downgraded for a day or two after Cowher gets through with him.

(Giggle.)

bkkcoh
06-14-2006, 11:37 AM
I think Big Ben paid a tremendous price.......

mcan
06-14-2006, 12:50 PM
I think Big Ben paid a tremendous price.......

That's wrong... Funny... But wrong.

:thumb:

Gonzo
06-14-2006, 01:43 PM

headsnap
06-14-2006, 05:51 PM
I bet the dumba$$ would love to start the season without the helmet on just so he could feel the wind in his hair!!!!!!!!!!

no pity for 'organ donors!!!!'

RealSNR
06-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Ty Law threads > Big Ben threads