PDA

View Full Version : Kris Wilson in Idaho on Friday ?

ROYC75
06-13-2006, 04:35 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060613/ap_on_sc/bigfoot_exhibit

Idaho museum to open Bigfoot exhibit

POCATELLO, Idaho - The director of the Idaho Museum of Natural History says it won't matter whether Bigfoot is farce or fact when a new exhibit opens Friday.

Linda Deck, who is also curator of the Bigfoot exhibit, said the museum is taking a neutral position and simply displaying artifacts that involve the legendary creature that some say lives secretly in the Northwest.

"As human beings we make sense of our world in a variety of different ways," Deck told the Idaho State Journal. "We've got our myths, legends and beliefs and a very scientific way of knowing about our world, too, where we make hypotheses and test things and learn and change what we think."

But for Bigfoot believers, it could be a treasure trove.

Included in the exhibit is the Patterson-Gimlin film that shows a large creature striding away before turning and looking directly at the camera.

In the clip the creature steps on a branch. That branch is included in the exhibit. The branch was used to calculate the creature's height at 6-foot-6, said Dave Mead, exhibits director at the museum.

Also on display is a flannel jacket worn by the late Rene Dahinden, who spend 40 years in search of Bigfoot. He wore the jacket during a series of commercials for Kokanee beer.

Other objects in the exhibit include American Indian depictions of Bigfoot, a stick thought to have been twisted by one of the creatures, art and sculptures of Bigfoot, hair samples said to be from a Bigfoot, a cast of an impression said to be of a Bigfoot's elbow, and other evidence gathered by people involved in the search for Bigfoot.

Jeff Meldrum, an anatomy professor at Idaho State University and a local Bigfoot expert, said the exhibit will give visitors a new way to consider the subject.

"I think the (museum's) approach is a very thought-provoking one that recognizes there are a variety of dimensions to the experience of Bigfoot," Meldrum said. "The exhibit attempts to use the topic of Bigfoot as a springboard to analyze different ways of knowing. A variety of those things intersect with the subject matter at hand."

Mead said he expects the Bigfoot exhibit to rival an exhibit the museum had 15 years ago that featured automated dinosaurs.

"Bigfoot is along the same lines of attraction," said Mead. "He's mysterious and big."

blueballs
06-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Scanlon is out
Bigfoot is in

Bigfoot VS Train

Bobbi Short just published a neat report...

My name is Rita . I live in Orange Co. California.

In 1945, my great grandfather George Kuhn told me a story about the time his train hit a large Ape creature and bent the cow catcher on his train. This was in the 1880's and he was the engineer on a train that ran along the borders of the U S and Canada. It was night, and all of a sudden their train hit something and they stopped the train, because the cow catcher
was dragging on the tracks. At first they thought it was a moose, but when they all got out with their lanterns, they discovered this huge smelly Ape, hung up in the catcher. They had only lanterns for light, and they were in a forest, basically in the middle of
nowhere. It took most of the crew to pick it up and lift it into an open flat car. They noticed it was structured differently from an Gorillaor Ape, and smelled so bad, the crew got the smell on them. They left it in flat car, because it took at least 2 hours to straighten out the cow catcher. Good thing my great grandfather was also a
blacksmith. They were at least 2 hours from the next water tower and station of sorts.

The brake man noticed Indians sneaking around in the forest, but he thought they had disappeared. When they were ready to go, the crew checked on their smelly passenger, but he was gone. They looked for tracks and decided the Indians had dragged it away into the forest and across a stream. They found the tracks and pieces of hair and of course the smell. They washed up in the stream and were glad to get rid of it. The smell had even remained in the flat car. My great grandfather took pieces of the hair back, and gave it to a doctor he knew in Michigan.

They had all decided the creature had escaped from a circus or sideshow. Great grandfather thought it was 8 feet tall and weighed at least 500 lbs. It took six men to carry it off the tracks.

When my daughter was a student at California State University at Fullerton in 1986, I met a Professor of Anthropology. The reason I was there, was I donated Indonesian Fighting Swords to her dept. They were very old and had belonged to my late husband. I just didn't feel comfortable having them in my home anymore. I noticed in her office she had information on the walls about Big Foot. I told her the story and she believed it was documented.

My great grandfather said the Ape had a different face than what he remembered of a Gorilla. He said the teeth were like humans, but extremely wide and large. The body hair was thick dark brown, with light tipping and the eyes were large and dark. He said they agreed it was male because of it's genitalia. Grandfather continued as a railroad engineer on the Colorado Wyoming line until he retired in 1925. He fought off outlaws with his six shooter from the cab. I have a photo of Grandfather with the crew, stopped in Eads Colorado, with a large cannon hole in the side of the engine. This was in 1898, when some outlaws on horses pulled up an old Confederate cannon along the tracks, and fired at the engine. The crew chased them away, but left the train damaged. They were on their way to Durango carrying bank money from Denver.

Grandfather would never tell stories that were not true. he was a devout Methodist, and said his prayers so loud every night, the whole house could hear him. He had originally come from Amish in Mercer Co. Pa., but left to fight for the Union in the Civil War. His father did not accept his decision, and he never returned to Mercer Co. He was born in 1845 and died in 1947, in Claremont California.

Thank you, Rita

Halfcan
06-17-2006, 10:22 PM
The musuem sounds very cool. Bigfoot is not a myth. There absolutely is such a creature and will eventually be discovered.

on the other hand

Kris Wilson is the Myth. Has anyone ever seen him on a football field??