PDA

View Full Version : So I'm listening to The Vault

Nzoner
06-15-2006, 01:26 PM
today on Sirius radio and the dj comes on and says,"Welcome to the,HOLY SHIT!I can't believe they just played ____________ station."

He then proceeded to play Catholic Girls from Frank Zappa's Joe's Garage project.Just thought I'd share,I love satellite radio.

StcChief
06-15-2006, 02:20 PM
today on Sirius radio and the dj comes on and says,"Welcome to the,HOLY SHIT!I can't believe they just played ____________ station."

He then proceeded to play Catholic Girls from Frank Zappa's Joe's Garage project.Just thought I'd share,I love satellite radio.

got Zappa- Joe Garage off torrent to replace LP....Alot of good old stuff out there.

Nzoner
06-15-2006, 02:38 PM
got Zappa- Joe Garage off torrent to replace LP....Alot of good old stuff out there.

Yep,even growing up in the 70's I'm discovering some great stuff I missed out on.

Reaper16
06-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Joe's Garage = sooooooooooo good.
"Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?" may just be the pinnacle of human achievement.

Nzoner
06-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Joe's Garage = sooooooooooo good.
"Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?" may just be the pinnacle of human achievement.

For being so young you never cease to impress me with your music tastes.

Reaper16
06-15-2006, 02:57 PM
For being so young you never cease to impress me with your music tastes.
I tend to deeply explore the things that I involve myself in. Music is an important part of my life, so I find myself going on deep treks inside the vast metaphoric cave that it is. Zappa came pretty early to me, as a long time buddy's dad had pretty much his whole discography.

CosmicPal
06-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Ha ha...I've actually heard Joe's Garage on the Vault before....it's one of my favorite stations on Sirius.

I've actually heard them play the entire version of "Mountain Song" by The Allman Brothers. That song clocks in at about a half hour long....you'd NEVER hear that on regular radio.

Reaper16
06-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Ha ha...I've actually heard Joe's Garage on the Vault before....it's one of my favorite stations on Sirius.

I've actually heard them play the entire version of "Mountain Song" by The Allman Brothers. That song clocks in at about a half hour long....you'd NEVER hear that on regular radio.
This station sounds awesome.

StcChief
06-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Dish Net has it..Nice at times to put it on.

Never know what you will hear.

HemiEd
06-15-2006, 03:58 PM
What number is the station please?

CosmicPal
06-15-2006, 04:30 PM
What number is the station please?

Channel 16 on Sirius radio

Sfeihc
06-15-2006, 05:15 PM
I love Sirius, The Vault and Jam On ROCK. NFL Radio is really good, too. It offers more than one set of ears can listen to.

Nzoner
06-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Never know what you will hear.

Yep,how people can listen to classic rock on regular radio is beyond me,I mean if the jock says here's a little Led Zep the odds are very good you'll be able to guess what song it's going to be.

Reaper16
06-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Yep,how people can listen to classic rock on regular radio is beyond me,I mean if the jock says here's a little Led Zep the odds are very good you'll be able to guess what song it's going to be.
It's a single-dominated world in radio. They need to attract the largest amount of listeners they can, so they tend to only play the songs most likely to do just that. It's sad that a lot of great bands get thier whole discography reduced down to 5-7 songs in the collective conscious of most people.
The band that I've found really suffers from this is Black Sabbath. Everytime the radio plays something; heck, anytime you ask a professed Sabbath fan to name his/her fav tracks, you hear the same things. "Iron Man," "Paranoid," "War Pigs," etc. That band has an absolutely voluminous catalog of excellent material that goes virtually unlistened to.

Nzoner
06-15-2006, 09:30 PM
It's a single-dominated world in radio. They need to attract the largest amount of listeners they can, so they tend to only play the songs most likely to do just that. It's sad that a lot of great bands get thier whole discography reduced down to 5-7 songs in the collective conscious of most people.
The band that I've found really suffers from this is Black Sabbath. Everytime the radio plays something; heck, anytime you ask a professed Sabbath fan to name his/her fav tracks, you hear the same things. "Iron Man," "Paranoid," "War Pigs," etc. That band has an absolutely voluminous catalog of excellent material that goes virtually unlistened to.

Agreed.I couldn't tell you the last time I've listened to any of those songs.Lately,when it comes to Sabbath I've been on a Megalomania kick.

Reaper16
06-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Agreed.I couldn't tell you the last time I've listened to any of those songs.Lately,when it comes to Sabbath I've been on a Megalomania kick.
Megalomania is a favorite of mine. The "Sabotage" album is generally overlooked. Symptom of the Universe is another Sabbath fav of mine that comes from that album. (It's nearly the first thrash metal song; proto-thrash, if you will.)

HemiEd
06-16-2006, 05:40 AM
Channel 16 on Sirius radio

Thanks, I will try that today. I am pretty tired of hearing about Steve McNair on the NFL channel.

OldTownChief
06-16-2006, 05:47 AM

I'm going to get it. A friend of mine that I ride with every Sat. night into Wichita has it. He usually has it on Howard Stern.

cadmonkey
06-16-2006, 07:15 AM

I have to agree, SATELITE IS THE BEST! I haven't listened to anything else since I got mine.

I am hooked on Octane 20.

Undertaker #59
06-16-2006, 07:48 AM
I love my Sirius.

It is also nice to finally hear some Zappa on the radio.

If you are a Zappa fan, check out Zappa Plays Zappa. I saw them last Tuesday night. If you do not know what this is, Dweezil put together a brilliant young band and is touring playing the music of his father with some help from Napoleon Murphy Brock and some cameos by Steve Vai and Terry Bozzio. It was an amazing concert.

Nzoner
06-16-2006, 08:17 AM
I love my Sirius.

It is also nice to finally hear some Zappa on the radio.

If you are a Zappa fan, check out Zappa Plays Zappa. I saw them last Tuesday night. If you do not know what this is, Dweezil put together a brilliant young band and is touring playing the music of his father with some help from Napoleon Murphy Brock and some cameos by Steve Vai and Terry Bozzio. It was an amazing concert.

Thanks for the head's up.