PDA

View Full Version : traveling to Arrowhead: Which home game should I choose???

TinyEvel
06-17-2006, 01:04 AM
I'll to be going to my FIRST EVER game at Arrowhead this year.

Flying solo, but hoping to hook up with great fans and rage/have a great time.

So, which game do you recommend I choose?

9/10 Cincy season opener

10/1 San Fran sucker-beater

11/19 Joakland: Close, but we embarass the Traiders (this WOULD be sweet, since I live in L. A., and HATE all Raider fans)

What do you think?

06-17-2006, 01:12 AM
Normally I would say Oakland but in that group, I would go for the season opener.

Taco John
06-17-2006, 01:28 AM
If Oakland was better, I'd reccommend them. But the energy of opening day would be a pretty neat experience. I'd go for that if I were you.

Bowser
06-17-2006, 01:29 AM
If Oakland was better, I'd reccommend them. But the energy of opening day would be a pretty neat experience. I'd go for that if I were you.

Agreed.

Mojo Rising
06-17-2006, 02:09 AM
Go to the Niners game or the home opener. I have been going back to games for the 11 years I have lived in Cal and my strategy has always been to go to the more competitive games.

I am starting to have a change of heart after last years Philly game. I saw the only home loss. It is a long flight home after a loss.

I am going back for the Home Opener this year. The Arrowhead vibe on opening day can't be matched.

The weather will be good for both games.

TinyEvel
06-17-2006, 02:55 AM
Okay, so right now I'm looking at a 3rd row upper level single ticket at the 47 yd-line, for 125 bucks.
Is that a fair price?

Should I stay in KC the night before the game? Or the night after?

Both?

Hammock Parties
06-17-2006, 03:10 AM
I'm going to make a week of it and go to the Oakland and Denver games. Oakland on Sunday, Denver on Thursday. It's going to be the week from heaven.

Dartgod
06-17-2006, 06:08 AM
Okay, so right now I'm looking at a 3rd row upper level single ticket at the 47 yd-line, for 125 bucks.
Is that a fair price?

Both?
That's a good seat. If it were me, I'd spring for it.

REDHOTGTO
06-17-2006, 08:24 AM
little pricy on the seat but i'd take the oakland game, there's a lot of extra action just because it's the faider hater's game. the mood is really cool, all the fans really get into the game more than usual, the only better game is the donkey's.

Monkeylook4food
06-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Is that a fair price?

Both?

You'll be able to get a single ticket just before the game for well under face value if you have huge stones. Plus, the Arrowhead ticket office should have plenty of singles available when they start selling to the GP in July. I'd save yourself $70 and get them from the Chiefs.

I'd definitely stay the night after, especially if you're of the heavy drinking persuasion.

StcChief
06-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Homeopener for sure. Can't beat the atomosphere etc.

Sam Hall
06-17-2006, 08:49 AM
I've seen Denver play here a few times, and it's hard to beat that atmosphere. Of course, the one time I saw Oakland wasn't bad either. The Denver game is always huge.

Warrior5
06-17-2006, 10:02 AM
I recommend Donks or Grayders, in that order. Whenever that vile scum come here, Arrowhead rocks from the hate factor.

Sure, opening day will be fun, but just remember, you'll be flying from 70-80 degrees with no humidity into seats with no shade, ~100 degrees and high humidity.

You'll enjoy the November games better.

DMAC
06-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Opening day always kicks arse, man. The weather is warm and the tailgating is perfect.

Rain Man
06-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Go see the 49ers game. It'll be worth it just to see Montana and Rice.

RedandGold
06-17-2006, 10:35 AM
I make a point to hit the home opener regardless of who we're playing. After that, I go for Denver and/or Oakland.

Hammock Parties
06-17-2006, 11:04 AM
Go see the 49ers game. It'll be worth it just to see Montana and Rice.

When did the Chiefs start playing college teams?