PDA

View Full Version : What do men want.....

luv
06-17-2006, 03:41 PM
.....besides Chiefs stuff? Tomorrow's Father's Day. So far, I've gotten mine a couple of sprinklers (to water his lawn and keep the dogs busy & cool) and an attachment type of thing for his grill. What else? I may end up getting him something Chiefs, but I at least want to try to be different. I was thinking a punching bag to hang in the garage (I could use it to). A good one is gonna run me $150-200, so that's out of the question.

Nothing too expensive. Maybe $20-30.

:shrug:

Bwana
06-17-2006, 03:45 PM
What do men want.....

Heh!

luv
06-17-2006, 03:53 PM
What do men want.....

Heh!

I figured it would make you men look. While you're here, you could at least give me some ideas (for Father's Day, not "what men want"). :p

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2006, 03:53 PM
.....besides Chiefs stuff? Tomorrow's Father's Day. So far, I've gotten mine a couple of sprinklers (to water his lawn and keep the dogs busy & cool) and an attachment type of thing for his grill. What else? I may end up getting him something Chiefs, but I at least want to try to be different. I was thinking a punching bag to hang in the garage (I could use it to). A good one is gonna run me $150-200, so that's out of the question.

Nothing too expensive. Maybe $20-30.

:shrug:

Get him a big knife.

el borracho
06-17-2006, 03:54 PM
Food and drink are always good. Trips and/ or tickets are good.

I wouldn't get something hobby related unless you know that the person really wants that item. Otherwise you end up buying crap that the person feels obligated to hang onto.

p.s. Unless he has told you different then I would guess that if he really wanted a punching bag he would have one already.

luv
06-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Food and drink are always good. Trips and/ or tickets are good.

I wouldn't get something hobby related unless you know that the person really wants that item. Otherwise you end up buying crap that the person feels obligated to hang onto.

p.s. Unless he has told you different then I would guess that if he really wanted a punching bag he would have one already.
Yeah, I know. I can't think of anything that he doesn't already have (Chiefs) in his basement. And we're probably talking a Wal-Mart gift at that, so it won't be anything too special.

Bwana
06-17-2006, 04:04 PM
I figured it would make you men look. While you're here, you could at least give me some ideas (for Father's Day, not "what men want"). :p
Hmmm? Fair enough...........you can never go wrong with fine whisky or firearms. (Note to Luv) Don't give him both, or he may end up featured on an episode of COPS.

Rain Man
06-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Men want breadmakers. I was very pleased to get a breakmaker for Christmas in 2004, and I still use it a lot.

Coach
06-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Maybe a 20-30 dollar gift card from Lowe's or Home Depot? :shrug:

ImAWalkingCorpse
06-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Sirius Sattelite Radio ( if he doesnt have it already).

luv
06-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Men want breadmakers. I was very pleased to get a breakmaker for Christmas in 2004, and I still use it a lot.
That's actually not a bad idea. He already got a rice cooker he uses alot for making jumbalaya. He could make some sort of jalapeno bread to go with it. How much do they usually cost? Guess I could go to Wal-Mart online to get an idea.

luv
06-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Maybe a 20-30 dollar gift card from Lowe's or Home Depot? :shrug:
Also a very good idea. He's looking at getting new blinds for his living room.

jspchief
06-17-2006, 04:11 PM
You could always get him a good man movie on DVD. The Godfather trilogy is always a good one.

Rain Man
06-17-2006, 04:13 PM
That's actually not a bad idea. He already got a rice cooker he uses alot for making jumbalaya. He could make some sort of jalapeno bread to go with it. How much do they usually cost? Guess I could go to Wal-Mart online to get an idea.

Actually, I didn't see your price range when I posted this. I think they start in the $100 range and go up from there.

Sometimes men just want bread.

luv
06-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Actually, I didn't see your price range when I posted this. I think they start in the $100 range and go up from there.

Sometimes men just want bread.
Actually, I found a Sunbeam brand 2-pound bread maker for $39.88.

Rain Man
06-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Actually, I found a Sunbeam brand 2-pound bread maker for $39.88.

That seems like a good deal.

rad
06-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Buy him a $30 steak from a good butcher.

luv
06-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Buy him a $30 steak from a good butcher.
Also not a bad idea. I don't know though. Hate to spend $30 on something that will be gone in 30 minutes. I think I'm teeter-tottering between the bread maker and the Lowe's gift card.

Rain Man
06-17-2006, 04:23 PM
The breadmaker will make him think of you with every loaf.

luv
06-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Well, I'm taking whatever it is over to him tonight. Time to take a shower and head outta here. Who knows? Maybe I will see something once I get there that just has his name written all over it (so to speak).

Blackened
06-17-2006, 04:30 PM
http://www.geocities.com/bigcory94533/raiderettetoshare.jpg

FAX
06-17-2006, 04:31 PM
Not to pour cold water on your bread, Ms. luv, but what if he likes it too much?

You know, and starts making bread like crazy and eats bread morning, noon, and night and swells up like a giant dough-infused hairless gorilla and then drinks a coke that interacts with the yeast and starts to develop tremendous volumes of internal gasses which distends his abdomen and makes him float off into the air and get hit by a passing plane and causes a horrible crash when the plane strikes an apartment complex at 400 miles per hour where people are trying to watch Monk reruns and stuff?

FAX

rad
06-17-2006, 04:34 PM
Not to pour cold water on your bread, Ms. luv, but what if he likes it too much?

You know, and starts making bread like crazy and eats bread morning, noon, and night and swells up like a giant dough-infused hairless gorilla and then drinks a coke that interacts with the yeast and starts to develop tremendous volumes of internal gasses which distends his abdomen and makes him float off into the air and get hit by a passing plane and causes a horrible crash when the plane strikes an apartment complex at 400 miles per hour where people are trying to watch Monk reruns and stuff?

FAX

That's why she should get him a $30 steak.

luv
06-17-2006, 04:38 PM
1. Dad hates the Raiders.
2. He likes his women to be of legal age.

luv
06-17-2006, 04:39 PM

FAX
Then I would get my inheritance.

blueballs
06-17-2006, 04:50 PM
premium membership

Blackened
06-17-2006, 04:55 PM
1. Dad hates the Raiders.
2. He likes his women to be of legal age.

Understood...But he don't know what he's missin'
;)

Bowser
06-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Men want some peace and ****ing quiet.

*BONUS*

I won't cost you a dime.

Bowser
06-17-2006, 05:21 PM

Since when did Tonya Harding try out for the Skankerettes? And how did she not become a Skankerette?

stevieray
06-17-2006, 05:23 PM
take him out to dinner.. the best thing you can give him is your time.

4th and Long
06-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Amen to that.

Coach
06-17-2006, 05:25 PM
If your father is into sports and movies, you could get him a movie "Glory Road"

Blackened
06-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Since when did Tonya Harding try out for the Skankerettes? And how did she not become a Skankerette?

:LOL: :shrug: :spock:

plbrdude
06-17-2006, 08:13 PM
time is good. take him out to eat and to see a movie. hard to go wrong w/a gift card from a home center too. ifn he likes to read a good book would do well. if he likes to grill, gen-aire has got a killer stainless steel grill at lowes. though that may over shoot your budget by $850 or so.

big nasty kcnut
06-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Get him a pc game or give him a gift card to his fav. resturant or store.

go bo
06-17-2006, 08:29 PM
speaking as a father and grandfather, it doesn't really matter so much what you get them...

what they like the best is the fact that you are there, expressing your love...

having said that, the breadmaker would be my suggestion...

chiefs4me
06-17-2006, 08:35 PM
A new fly fishing pole....

morphius
06-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Understood...But he don't know what he's missin'
;)
You can tell this is a Raider fan, who else would want their Daughter to dress up like this for them on fathers day.

just creepy, ewwww.

Halfcan
06-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Be practical

$30 in gas for his mower!
Take him to lunch at his favorite bar and grill.
A new straw hat for when he is riding his mower.
A tank of gas for the BBQ grill.
10 pounds of fudge.
Two months of Netflicks.
A couple of Hank JR. CD's.
A year subscription to Playboy.
A year subscription to WPI-lol sorry TOO EXPENSIVE and useless.
A Hamm radio or a CB so he can talk to weirdo's and truckers.
Get your Mom some Victoria Secrets stuff-give the catalogs to your dad-he wins twice.
Meat of the Month Club-Next month is T-Bones
A pair of nice walking shoes.
A paid night in a motel for your parents.
A telescope for a new hobbie-or peeping
One Paid parking ticket to the Chiefs game and a beer inside of Arrowhead-$75.00-lol

Or just try being yourself and hang out with him-that would be the best gift anyone could get.

|Zach|
06-17-2006, 09:51 PM
I never understood this whole what would a gender want approach to gift giving. I think its such a personal thing from one unique person to another.

luv
06-17-2006, 10:13 PM
I watched a movie with him while I was over there, and he grilled a few brat burgers. I'm gonna head over there sometime tomorrow to try some of the bread he's going to try making in the morning.

luv
06-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Be practical

$30 in gas for his mower!
Take him to lunch at his favorite bar and grill.
A new straw hat for when he is riding his mower.
A tank of gas for the BBQ grill.
10 pounds of fudge.
Two months of Netflicks.
A couple of Hank JR. CD's.
A year subscription to Playboy.
A year subscription to <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a>-lol sorry TOO EXPENSIVE and useless.
A Hamm radio or a CB so he can talk to weirdo's and truckers.
Get your Mom some Victoria Secrets stuff-give the catalogs to your dad-he wins twice.
Meat of the Month Club-Next month is T-Bones
A pair of nice walking shoes.
A paid night in a motel for your parents.
A telescope for a new hobbie-or peeping
One Paid parking ticket to the Chiefs game and a beer inside of Arrowhead-$75.00-lol

Or just try being yourself and hang out with him-that would be the best gift anyone could get.
Dad and I usually hang out every few weeks. I'm over there all the time while he's at work to borrow a raft in the pool to lay out on. :)

Bugeater
06-17-2006, 10:18 PM
I watched a movie with him while I was over there, and he grilled a few brat burgers. I'm gonna head over there sometime tomorrow to try some of the bread he's going to try making in the morning.
Wtf is a brat burger?

luv
06-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Wtf is a brat burger?
A bratwurst (sp?) shaped like a hamburger patty instead of it's usual shape.

rad
06-17-2006, 10:24 PM
At least it wasn't a scatburger, right luv?

(no, you probably won't ever live that down)

Bugeater
06-17-2006, 10:26 PM
A bratwurst (sp?) shaped like a hamburger patty instead of it's usual shape.
Huh, I've never heard of that before. Must be a Missouri thing.

luv
06-17-2006, 10:27 PM
At least it wasn't a scatburger, right luv?

(no, you probably won't ever live that down)
I would if no one ever mentions it again. :p

milkman
06-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Wtf is a brat burger?

Ask Jeffery Dahmer.

Monkeylook4food
06-17-2006, 10:31 PM

They're actually not half bad.

luv
06-17-2006, 10:33 PM
https://www.johnsonvillestore.com/shopping.php?menu_level_idnum=19502

Johnsonville makes them.

Bugeater
06-17-2006, 10:40 PM
https://www.johnsonvillestore.com/shopping.php?menu_level_idnum=19502

Johnsonville makes them.
I'll have to tell the Mrs to look for them when she goes shopping. I'm surprised I've never seen them before, I wonder if the stores even carry them here.

luv
06-17-2006, 10:43 PM
I'll have to tell the Mrs to look for them when she goes shopping. I'm surprised I've never seen them before, I wonder if the stores even carry them here.
You've probably never seen them because the Mrs does all the shopping. :p

Bugeater
06-17-2006, 10:51 PM
You've probably never seen them because the Mrs does all the shopping. :p
I've been to grocery store before. :cuss:

ChiefaRoo
06-17-2006, 10:59 PM
If he's a man's man he probably would like one of these

luv
06-17-2006, 11:01 PM
If he's a man's man he probably would like one of these
He has three dogs and two or three cats. Maybe four cats. Not sure if a few have died or just roamed off. There are two that hang around the house....outside.

Monkeylook4food
06-17-2006, 11:03 PM
He has three dogs and two or three cats. Maybe four cats. Not sure if a few have died or just roamed off. There are two that hang around the house....outside.

From a tree?

luv
From a tree?
ROFL

ChiefaRoo

Perfect gift then! No need to thank me :)

luv
06-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Perfect gift then! No need to thank me :)
Too late. Already got him the breadmaker.

Monkeylook4food
06-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Too late. Already got him the breadmaker.

I think you can fit a cat.

Bowser
06-17-2006, 11:10 PM

As long as the cat is hermetically sealed.

luv
06-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Maybe a kitten.

sedated
06-18-2006, 12:38 AM

tuna and antifreeze might be a good gift :shrug: