PDA

View Full Version : The Breakup

jspchief
06-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Went and saw the movie The Breakup yesterday. It stars Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaugn.

I have to admit, it was really good. I thought it was going to be a shitty chick flick, but it turned to be funny as hell. Anyone in a relationship will enjoy it because it's hits the bullseye so often when it comes to arguments.

Any of you guys that want to make your girl think you're giving in to her on a movie choice, this is the one.

BucEyedPea
06-17-2006, 04:31 PM
...shitty chick flick.

Hey! Not any shittier than dude shoot 'em up flick! :)

Vegas_Dave
06-17-2006, 04:39 PM
I will disagree with this.

The movie has its moments:

ANISTON: "hey, my sister has been through a lot"
VAUGHN: "yeah, alot ... OF D*CK!"

ANISTON: "she was on vacation!"
VAUGHN: "she slept with the entire Cardinals Offensive line! she WAS the vacation!"

hehehe, that was good. The scene where he gets beat up by the "gay" brother, funny stuff...

But I would not go watch this movie again unless it was guaranteed to get me some serious play from my wife. Period.

Plus, Vaughn turned out to be a total pussy boy at the end. What the hell was up with that ending? B*tch.

4th and Long
06-17-2006, 05:17 PM
The little woman and I saw "The Breakup" this past week. Although it was a decent comedy, the ending sucked, while leaving room for a sequel, I suppose.

They also blurred the Jennifer Aniston naked ass shot.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaKCMan AP
06-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Plus, Vaughn turned out to be a total pussy boy at the end. What the hell was up with that ending? B*tch.

You should have known....you're married ;)

shaneo69
06-17-2006, 05:40 PM

I haven't seen either movie, but didn't Wedding Crashers have a pussy ending too?

The Bad Guy
06-17-2006, 09:02 PM

Didn't blur it in the one I saw.

Booya.

Vegas_Dave
06-17-2006, 09:56 PM
You should have known....you're married ;)

Damn skippy. :hump:

but my wife got em fake boobies... and I play with them daily.

4th and Long
06-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Didn't blur it in the one I saw.

Booya.
Blur was a poor choice of words. She was purposely put out of focus in the background while he was in focus in the foreground.

Sure-Oz
06-17-2006, 10:23 PM
the title says it all, not really a date movie imo, had its funny moments tho

BucEyedPea
06-17-2006, 10:57 PM
The little woman...

I know you're in the Kansas area, but I really hope she's not a munchkin' or that she knows you call her this.
ROFL

greg63
06-17-2006, 11:09 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but would like to. Thanks for the review jsp. :thumb:

4th and Long
06-17-2006, 11:12 PM
I know you're in the Kansas area, but I really hope she's not a munchkin' or that she knows you call her this.
ROFL
You find that funny? :spock:

Did you take any severe blows to the head in your youth or are you naturally this fugging stupid?

greg63
06-17-2006, 11:23 PM
You find that funny? :spock:

Did you take any severe blows to the head in your youth or are you naturally this fugging stupid?

:hmmm:ROFL

KC_John
06-18-2006, 06:59 AM
I liked the movie alot myself,and ill agree with everyone else the ending wasnt that great.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2006, 07:02 AM
Personally, I think that was a butt double in that 'nude' scene. The movie had its funny parts, and I think it was a fairly honest representation of what goes on in a relationship, but goddamn, that bitch (Aniston) crazy in that movie. When she went out on a date with another guy, my fiancee said, "Big f*cking deal, he's just going to find another girl to screw" ROFL

SCTrojan
06-18-2006, 07:14 AM
I saw it when it first came out. Agree that the ending sucked. And although the movie had its moments, I thought it tried to be a slapstick comedy/drama/poignant look at relationships/romance movie and in the end didn't accomplish any of it. Not a bad movie, but neither was it a great movie, IMO.

Prince22
06-18-2006, 07:19 AM
I thought it was decent with some good laughs. I saw the movie with my girlfriend and needless to say I was in the doghouse afterwards. The entire movie I seemed to be the clone of Vince Vaughns character. Here's your warning. Dont see this movie with your girlfriend.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2006, 07:20 AM
I thought it was decent with some good laughs. I saw the movie with my girlfriend and needless to say I was in the doghouse afterwards. The entire movie I seemed to be the clone of Vince Vaughns character. Here's your warning. Dont see this movie with your girlfriend.

:spock: My fiancee sided with VV through the whole movie...I guess that's why we're getting married in 3 weeks.

Vegas_Dave
06-18-2006, 08:04 AM
:spock: My fiancee sided with VV through the whole movie...I guess that's why we're getting married in 3 weeks.

You do know that during dating/engagements, women only do False Advertising.

See that movie after you're married and then repost. :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2006, 08:12 AM
We've lived together the last 2 years. I'm fully aware of the product. She also cried during the "I love you" scene towards the end...it was genuine.

Chief Pote
06-18-2006, 08:42 AM

Now that would piss me off.

Prince22
06-18-2006, 09:50 AM

Does she have a sister?

Chan93lx50
06-18-2006, 10:02 AM
The Shot of her ass was a body double. She said it was during an Oprah Interview.

No I don't watch Oprah, my wife relayed me that information when she caught me with my tongue hanging out of my mouth.

Sure-Oz
06-18-2006, 10:10 AM
The Shot of her ass was a body double. She said it was during an Oprah Interview.

No I don't watch Oprah, my wife relayed me that information when she caught me with my tongue hanging out of my mouth.
well that sucks

ChiefsCountry
06-18-2006, 10:18 AM
I thought it was a good movie, really spun different. The ending sucked, but I think it was bc most of us wanted them to get back together like most movies end.

CoMoChief
06-18-2006, 10:34 AM
The little woman and I saw "The Breakup" this past week. Although it was a decent comedy, the ending sucked, while leaving room for a sequel, I suppose.

No way they make a sequel out of that. Yes the ending did suck although throughout the movie it did hit the bullseye on the way me and my gf argue sometimes. VV is funny as hell in this movie.