View Full Version : Santonio Holmes arrested again

Mr. Laz
06-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Former Buckeye Holmes charged with domestic violence
Associated Press
Monday, June 19, 2006 11:49 AM

GENE J. PUSKAR | AP
Santonio Holmes during Steelers mini-camp last month

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes was charged with domestic violence and assaulting a woman early today, police said, his second arrest since being taken in the first round of the NFL draft in April.

Holmes, who starred at Ohio State, was arrested at an apartment just after midnight and taken to the Franklin County jail, Sgt. Loucious Hollis said. Holmes, 22, is scheduled to remain in jail until his arraignment Tuesday on charges of domestic violence and simple assault, both misdemeanors.

Police spokesman Sgt. Michael Woods said police received a call from a female who said the father of her child had assaulted her. While the officers were making their report at the apartment, Holmes returned and was arrested without incident.

Police would not release the woman's name or details about what Holmes was accused of doing.

Before the draft, Holmes said he was hopeful that he would go high in the draft so he could support his three children.

The Steelers did not return a message seeking comment.

Holmes, a native of Belle Glade, Fla., was arrested previously in Miami Beach, Fla., on a charge of disorderly conduct during a Memorial Day weekend crackdown by local authorities.

Steelers coach Bill Cowher criticized Holmes the following week, but said he wouldn't hold the incident against the former Ohio State receiver.

“Whatever he did wrong, I don't think he handled it properly,” Cowher said then. “I think he'll learn from it and understand the scrutiny he's under. We have not talked face to face about it. I don't have any long-term concerns.”

Holmes, who red-shirted as a freshman when Ohio State won the national championship, led the Buckeyes in receiving last season with 53 catches for 977 yards and 11 touchdowns. He gave up his final season of eligibility to make himself available for the draft.

jspchief
06-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Ohio State, the new Miami

StcChief
06-19-2006, 02:00 PM
but occifer Football is violent sport.

J Diddy
06-19-2006, 02:00 PM
There's one of these jerkoffs every year it seems

HemiEd
06-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Ohio State, the new Miami

yep, I agree. Sirius 124 at lunch time, the old Dallas guy (can not remember is name) said that Ohio State runs a clean high class program. wtf!

jlscorpio
06-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Nice pick, Kowaa

Halfcan
06-19-2006, 07:51 PM
What a loser. Gotta love Lawyers, their clients get busted and the always say they are disapointed in the accusor, or the system. "My Client cannot wait to clear this in court" Yeah-I bet.

CoMoChief
06-19-2006, 08:01 PM
What a loser. Gotta love Lawyers, their clients get busted and the always say they are disapointed in the accusor, or the system. "My Client cannot wait to clear this in court" Yeah-I bet.

What else are they supposed to say. I would imagine that these lawyers are good ones getting paid the high dollars so it would be stupid to criticize your client no matter what he did.

Fish
06-19-2006, 08:05 PM
2.... 2 arrests.....

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/7478/count5ew.jpg

Mecca
06-19-2006, 09:30 PM
You have to wait and see what the nature of this is. A woman can claim domestic violence and get a guy arrested when nothing happened.....

Halfcan
06-19-2006, 09:31 PM
You have to wait and see what the nature of this is. A woman can claim domestic violence and get a guy arrested when nothing happened.....

Holmes sounds like your kind of player.

Miles
06-19-2006, 09:40 PM

Definitly a wait and see kind of arrest.

Miles
06-19-2006, 09:42 PM
One thing of note is the article said mother of his child and that he has 3 children. At only 22 he may be on the Shawn Kemp path.

Mecca
06-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Holmes sounds like your kind of player.

Just pointing out the facts, domestic violence arrests can turn into a bunch of nothing. So before jumping all over the guy I'll wait until something that is actually factual comes out.

Mecca
06-19-2006, 09:43 PM
One thing of note is the article said mother of his child and that he has 3 children. At only 22 he is on the Shawn Kemp path.

He has super sperm! He'll get a job down at the clinic helping out those women who don't think they can get pregnant.

Moooo
06-19-2006, 09:45 PM
What else are they supposed to say. I would imagine that these lawyers are good ones getting paid the high dollars so it would be stupid to criticize your client no matter what he did.

"My client is completely guilty, however he makes enough money that HOPEFULLY we will be above some petty law like assault..."

Moooo

Halfcan
06-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Just pointing out the facts, domestic violence arrests can turn into a bunch of nothing. So before jumping all over the guy I'll wait until something that is actually factual comes out.

I am glad he is not a Chief-you know how I feel about thugs like this. Of course he could have been in the wrong place at the wrong time (TWICE).

Mecca
06-19-2006, 09:49 PM
I am glad he is not a Chief-you know how I feel about thugs like this. Of course he could have been in the wrong place at the wrong time (TWICE).

You're going to tell me you'd rather have a team of nice guys that goes 2-14 than a team of guys you don't like that goes 14-2 right.......

The real irony of all this is people act like Terrell Owens is the devil yet he's never been arrested or been in any kind of trouble.

Garcia Bronco
06-19-2006, 09:51 PM
The MAdden Curse strikes again

Miles
06-19-2006, 09:53 PM

What the hell else do you expect his attorney to say? "Seems like my client may be guilty, and I hope my future disciplinary hearing goes well."

Mecca
06-19-2006, 09:55 PM
The MAdden Curse strikes again

Something happened to Shaun Alexander?

KcMizzou
06-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Something happened to Shaun Alexander?Yeah, the North Koreans nuked Seattle.

Garcia Bronco
06-19-2006, 09:58 PM
Something happened to Shaun Alexander?

I believe cowher will be on the new one. I could be mistaken

Halfcan
06-19-2006, 09:58 PM
You're going to tell me you'd rather have a team of nice guys that goes 2-14 than a team of guys you don't like that goes 14-2 right.......

The real irony of all this is people act like Terrell Owens is the devil yet he's never been arrested or been in any kind of trouble.

I think we allready covered this. Yes, I feel Pro Players should stay out of jail and not embarass their teams and cities. Has he signed a contract yet??

I don't think Todor is the devil, just the most arrogant player ever. I will take Jerry Rice over that assclown anyday. It is a shame his off field antics will always overshadow what a great athlete he really is.

Mecca
06-19-2006, 09:59 PM
I believe cowher will be on the new one. I could be mistaken

Cowhers on that coach simulation game EA is putting out, Alexanders on the Madden 07 cover.

Thig Lyfe
06-19-2006, 10:00 PM
did not mislead with thread header

nuthooks

Jim Jones
06-20-2006, 06:53 PM

Does Santonio Holmes have some Superbowl Trophies we don't know about? It's not too much to ask that your first round pick not get arrested (twice) before he ever suits up for your team, is it?