PDA

View Full Version : john lydon

penguinz
06-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Has anyone made more of a music career with no vocal talent?

MOhillbilly
06-19-2006, 03:51 PM
i hate that ****in guy and the whole plastic punk scene that came from it.

htismaqe
06-19-2006, 03:53 PM
There were some okay US punk bands...ok, there was the Ramones.

But I consider the whole British thing more of a fashion movement than musical movement.

MOhillbilly
06-19-2006, 03:53 PM
ps
"WE ARE THE NEW BREED"!

MOhillbilly
06-19-2006, 03:55 PM

But I consider the whole British thing more of a fashion movement than musical movement.

noway dude some of the hardest rockin shit ever came before and after the S/P media campaighn.

penguinz
06-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Punk is some of the best music ever.

Adept Havelock
06-19-2006, 04:22 PM

Dead Kennedys, Feederz, Minor Threat, Circle Jerks, (early)Black Flag and (early)Suicidal Tendencies?

Guess it's just a matter of taste as to what qualifies as "OK" punk. Personally, I'd take any of them over the Ramones. :shrug:

patteeu
06-19-2006, 05:22 PM

Yes, Bob Dylan.

Megbert
06-19-2006, 11:36 PM
DK "give me convenience or give me death" was one of the first punk tapes I bought at Mikes Rekkids in Leavenworth.

MOhillbilly
06-20-2006, 07:05 AM
Stiff little fingers
Slaughter and the Dogs
The vibrators
im pretty sure are all pre sex pistols craze.

POst sex pistols UK you get sham 69(hersham boys) sounds like hard working class Clash. The Blitz(Voice of a Generation) what can i say,so hard, so good, so brutal,makes the stuff coming out in the states in the early 80s seem soft and gay.The Violators(summer of 81) the title track is one of the greatest pop punk sing alongs ever.
then you get shit like red alert,combat 84,4-skins(super good)section 5,last resort(king of the jungle) is one of the altime hardskin LPs.

shit the list goes on forever.

PunkinDrublic
06-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Stiff little fingers
Slaughter and the Dogs
The vibrators
im pretty sure are all pre sex pistols craze.

POst sex pistols UK you get sham 69(hersham boys) sounds like hard working class Clash. The Blitz(Voice of a Generation) what can i say,so hard, so good, so brutal,makes the stuff coming out in the states in the early 80s seem soft and gay.The Violators(summer of 81) the title track is one of the greatest pop punk sing alongs ever.
then you get shit like red alert,combat 84,4-skins(super good)section 5,last resort(king of the jungle) is one of the altime hardskin LPs.

shit the list goes on forever.

I love the early late 70's early 80's British Oi! Cock Sparrer, the 4-skins, the business. I just bought the best of Blitz the other day and it doesn't get much better than that. Chaos UK is another one of my faves.

chagrin
06-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Yes, Bob Dylan.

Bingo

MOhillbilly
06-20-2006, 11:00 AM
I love the early late 70's early 80's British Oi! Cock Sparrer, the 4-skins, the business. I just bought the best of Blitz the other day and it doesn't get much better than that. Chaos UK is another one of my faves.

its amazed me the past 5-7 years how many mainstream bands have come outta the woodwork saying the Blitz was a major influence in there style and yet in the mid-late 80s & early 90s no mention.:hmmm:

htismaqe
06-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Dead Kennedys, Feederz, Minor Threat, Circle Jerks, (early)Black Flag and (early)Suicidal Tendencies?

Guess it's just a matter of taste as to what qualifies as "OK" punk. Personally, I'd take any of them over the Ramones. :shrug:

:hmmm: I don't consider any of those bands "punk". I listened to all those bands when I was a skater. Those were skater bands.

wutamess
06-20-2006, 12:33 PM

Brittany Spears, Tyra Banks, Jennifer Lopez To name a few.

MOhillbilly
06-20-2006, 12:59 PM
:hmmm: I don't consider any of those bands "punk". I listened to all those bands when I was a skater. Those were skater bands.

no diffrence imo.

Reaper16
06-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Oh, yeah? I listened to those bands in the car when working at Little Ceasars. Those were pizza delivery bands. But my buddy, he worked at Price Chopper's dairy section when he listened to those bands. He says they were grocer's freezer bands. Heh.

How long has "skater" been a genre of music, anyway?

htismaqe
06-20-2006, 03:03 PM
no diffrence imo.

I guess the difference for us was chucks and tats vs. spiky green hair and being gay... :D

MOhillbilly
06-20-2006, 03:25 PM
I guess the difference for us was chucks and tats vs. spiky green hair and being gay... :D

YAGAHDDAHMSCENESTER!:harumph:

htismaqe
06-20-2006, 03:32 PM
YAGAHDDAHMSCENESTER!:harumph:

ROFL

It just goes to show you how ****ed up the whole idea of genres is.

I was listening to Black Flag at the same time as Jane's Addiction and the Chili Peppers. None of them really played the same type of music, but they were all bands we skated to...

MOhillbilly
06-20-2006, 03:37 PM
ROFL

It just goes to show you how ****ed up the whole idea of genres is.

I was listening to Black Flag at the same time as Jane's Addiction and the Chili Peppers. None of them really played the same type of music, but they were all bands we skated to...

KMFDM got alot of play-agh!

htismaqe
06-20-2006, 03:38 PM
KMFDM got alot of play-agh!

ROFL

We listened to ST non-stop for like a year.

Suicidal! Suicidal! Suicidal!

MOhillbilly
06-20-2006, 03:47 PM
ROFL

I still listen to alot of ST-feel like shit de javu is an amazing LP.
Shit i have Drink Fight ****(Beowulf song/VB/Suicidal Band) inked on me.

htismaqe
06-20-2006, 03:49 PM
I still listen to alot of ST-feel like shit de javu is an amazing LP.
Shit i have Drink Fight ****(Beowulf song/VB/Suicidal Band) inked on me.

That's my favorite ST album.

MOhillbilly
06-20-2006, 03:52 PM
That's my favorite ST album.

pick up the Beowulf Dual CD that was re-released(check your head/Beowulf)

its ****ing awesome.

Adept Havelock
06-21-2006, 06:27 PM
ROFL

Where's my PEPSI? :cuss:

KC Jones
06-22-2006, 06:07 AM
Brittany Spears, Tyra Banks, Jennifer Lopez To name a few.

Nice list, but I'd argue Madonna has less vocal talent and has certainly made more of a career out of it than any of them.

Adept Havelock
06-22-2006, 07:17 PM

Two Words: Sid Vicious.

Ever heard his version of "My Way?" :shrug:
Of course, he had the decency to die much sooner than John Lydon/Rotten

penguinz
06-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Sid had no career as a vocalist.

jlscorpio
06-22-2006, 08:52 PM
How will I laugh tomorrow when I can't even smile today?

MOhillbilly
06-23-2006, 06:30 AM
How will I laugh tomorrow when I can't even smile today?

Its on feel like shit deja vu / controlled by hate