25 runs in the last 12 innings :banghead: :banghead: :cuss: :cuss:

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2006, 06:42 PM
27 and climbing

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2006, 06:43 PM

tk13
06-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Good thing I have White Sox players on my fantasy teams.

Then to add insult to injury Edmonds just killed himself and had to come out of the game trying to save another home run.

Frazod
06-21-2006, 07:03 PM
I get to watch this in person tomorrow night. :banghead:

tk13
06-21-2006, 07:10 PM
If Mr. chosen one Reyes gets lit up like this tomorrow night St. Louis might meltdown into the river. Reyes has never really had to face an offensive team like this, they've always kinda picked and chose his spots. I can also safely say that the Royals don't pitch the Sox well, but we do a lot better than this. :p

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Good thing I have White Sox players on my fantasy teams.

Then to add insult to injury Edmonds just killed himself and had to come out of the game trying to save another home run.

I do too, Jermaine Dye :banghead:

JBucc
06-21-2006, 07:28 PM
That's not good

WilliamTheIrish
06-21-2006, 07:43 PM
Umm..... This is real shame.

You StL fans don't have any idea what real shiot pitching is.

Moooo
06-21-2006, 08:23 PM
I take great happiness in this. Being here in Springfield, all I heard all last year and the year before is "OHHH! Your Royals are soooo horrible compared to our #1 in the NL Cardinals!!!"

Well, I know they still have a long way to go, but I still enjoy seeing them be Royal-esque once in a while. I can only hope this string of luck continues.

Moooo

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2006, 08:25 PM
I take great happiness in this. Being here in Springfield, all I heard all last year and the year before is "OHHH! Your Royals are soooo horrible compared to our #1 in the NL Cardinals!!!"

Well, I know they still have a long way to go, but I still enjoy seeing them be Royal-esque once in a while. I can only hope this string of luck continues.

Moooo

Everyone gets smoked from time to time. This two day glimpse into your franchise's suckitude is enough for me for a long, long time.

Moooo
06-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Everyone gets smoked from time to time. This two day glimpse into your franchise's suckitude is enough for me for a long, long time.

Just wait... two games... is nothing! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

Moooo

Frazod
06-21-2006, 09:04 PM

You StL fans don't have any idea what real shiot pitching is.

Please. When was the last time KC got torched for 20 runs? I'd take any pitcher the Royals have over that c#cksucker Mulder. I'll even throw in a six-pack of Coors Light to sweeten the deal.

WilliamTheIrish
06-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Please. When was the last time KC got torched for 20 runs? I'd take any pitcher the Royals have over that c#cksucker Mulder. I'll even throw in a six-pack of Coors Light to sweeten the deal.

I can tell you it was Sept of 04. Against the same White Sox.

Saturday night game, I'm in the dugout suites. They score 21 runs. Beat the ever lovin' snot out of the Royals that night.

On Fan Appreciation Night no less.

Pitt Gorilla
06-21-2006, 09:12 PM

You StL fans don't have any idea what real shiot pitching is.Yes they do; they actually WANTED Suppan.

Miles
06-21-2006, 09:12 PM

I have read some reports that said he may skip his next start. Something isn't right with him and he is only throwing in the mid 80's.

Im less worried about Marquis who just tends to get rocked on occasion.

Moooo
06-21-2006, 09:14 PM

Mulder for Hernandez... Make it so.

Moooo

Miles
06-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Yes they do; they actually WANTED Suppan.

He is a really solid #4 starter and has pitched well in the playoffs.

Pitt Gorilla
06-21-2006, 09:18 PM
He is a really solid #4 starter and has pitched well in the playoffs.I suppose he might be ok in the NL; in the AL, he got torched.

Moooo
06-21-2006, 09:35 PM
No response to trading Hernandez... is he too crappy? We have Affeldt, he sucks...

WE'LL GIVE YOU BOTH FOR MULDER!!!

Moooo

tk13
06-21-2006, 09:38 PM
The AL looks way better than the NL right now... the entire NL is just one big clump of teams. No one stands out. The Mets really, that's it... and I'm not sure they're a sure thing either. They choked one away tonight.

The Cardinals could be right there with them, their record is good but they still don't seem to have the consistency they've had the last couple years. There truly is parity in the National League. It's really 100% up in the air regarding who's gonna make the playoffs and win out. The Pirates and Cubs are about the only teams out of it. Even the Marlins have gotten back into the race.

|Zach|
06-21-2006, 09:54 PM
Damn thats a lot of runs.

Frazod
06-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Damn thats a lot of runs.

It would be a lot of points in a football game.

|Zach|
06-21-2006, 09:57 PM
It would be a lot of points in a football game.
Just think if we would have had 12 of those added to the Chiefs score of last years Bills game.

Miles
06-21-2006, 09:58 PM
At least it sounds like Pujols will be back on Monday.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2006, 09:59 PM
We have a lot of holes this year. Our Outfield situation is deplorable, we need another front-line starter as Mulder obviously isn't up to it, and our 2B situation is a disaster as always. With the exception of Wainwright, our bullpen sucks ass, too.

Frazod
06-21-2006, 10:02 PM
The amazing thing about last night's game (tonight's game I missed because I mercifully worked late) was how fast those runs were scored. Mulder was working fast, and it seemed like every hit came off a first pitch. The White Sox scored 10 runs in about 5 minutes. I'd never seen anything like it. It literally took the Cardinals longer to bring in the reliever.

Wow.

There's a pretty big divide between the best the AL has to offer and the best the NL has to offer right now. The last two World Series speak volumes toward that end.

tk13
06-21-2006, 10:04 PM
We have a lot of holes this year. Our Outfield situation is deplorable, we need another front-line starter as Mulder obviously isn't up to it, and our 2B situation is a disaster as always. With the exception of Wainwright, our bullpen sucks ass, too.
Good luck filling those holes considering nobody is in a seller mode. That's really going to make things interesting. One big advantage the Royals have in the trade market, for sure....haha. As much as people like to slag baseball it really has been more competitive the last few years. There's only about a month before the trade deadline and there are literally only 4 or 5 teams that really might look to sell. KC, Cubs, Pirates, D-Rays, and maybe the Braves and Nationals, although if they get hot they're really not out of it.

I'm sure in another month some other teams might fall out of it, but we're almost half way through the season and about 23-25 teams still have a legitimate playoff shot with a good 2nd half.

Miles
06-21-2006, 10:04 PM

Of the position players the only thing that worries me is the LF situation. The platoon has been good enough so far but I am not sure it will hold up.

Miles is starting to suck a bit but has a decent glove. I wouldnt mind seeing Luna take over the job full time.

Probably the most pressing need is another starter if Mulder keeps this up.

Frazod
06-21-2006, 10:07 PM

I screamed bloody murder when they traded Haren for Mulder in the first place. Not only do they let him go, but they also let Williams, Kline, King and Tavarez go, while keeping that overrated piece of shit Isringhausen. I don't know if LaRussa's responsible for this idiocy or if it is, indeed, Jockety, but somebody needs their ass kicked.

And I've never liked LaRussa, either. That sonofabitch has cost us more than he's ever given us.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2006, 11:25 PM
I screamed bloody murder when they traded Haren for Mulder in the first place. Not only do they let him go, but they also let Williams, Kline, King and Tavarez go, while keeping that overrated piece of shit Isringhausen. I don't know if LaRussa's responsible for this idiocy or if it is, indeed, Jockety, but somebody needs their ass kicked.

And I've never liked LaRussa, either. That sonofabitch has cost us more than he's ever given us.

I'm glad we got rid of King, he was a fatass malcontent. Woody was 40 years old, and wanted to go back to SD, I'm fine with that. Kline and LaRussa were done after he flipped him off. Do you remember Tavarez in game 4 of the '04 LCS. I was literally afraid he was going to commit a homicide in the middle of his meltdown...that guy has always been crazy.

I think that Jocketty has done a great job, with the exception of the Mulder trade. The Larry Walker deal was highway robbery for us, the Rolen deal was outright theft, he drafted Pujols, and he fleeced Schuerholtz in the JD Drew trade. Reggie Sanders (although I hate him in October), Tony Womack, Grudz, all flourished in St.L.

What bothers me more is that he had no money to work with this offseason despite the fact that the franchise was moving into a new fuggin stadium. We needed to pick up one of the following three guys (Juan Pierre, Luis Castillo, Brian Giles) and we got none of them. None would have broken the bank, and all were positions of need.

If you are going to be pissed about this year, I think you need to go after ownership. With that said, we still could pick up a decent corner outfielder without having to trade our left nut.

Moooo
06-21-2006, 11:28 PM
If you are going to be pissed about this year, I think you need to go after ownership.

As a KC fan, I laugh at this statement, with tears in my eyes...

Moooo

tk13
06-21-2006, 11:39 PM
That is an interesting discussion. If you've ever seen Cardinals tickets, they aren't cheap. Especially this year now that you have to go on stubhub or one of the other sites where prices are jacked up. But even at face value, a seat right behind the dugout at the K is the same price as a LF corner seat in the 3rd deck at Busch, or a 4th deck seat behind home plate. Not to mention all the specialty seating areas and party rooms they have now.

Think about that, they literally charge three times the ticket price the Royals do and draw over twice as many people. Their payroll should be astronomically ahead of the Royals. They spend more money but it's not an insane difference, 30 or 40 million I'd guess. I don't know what Forbes said the Cardinals profit was last year but you'd think it'd be a pretty good chunk of change.

Miles
06-21-2006, 11:46 PM
Think about that, they literally charge three times the ticket price the Royals do and draw over twice as many people. Their payroll should be astronomically ahead of the Royals. They spend more money but it's not an insane difference, 30 or 40 million I'd guess. I don't know what Forbes said the Cardinals profit was last year but you'd think it'd be a pretty good chunk of change.

I think its roughly 44 million higher than KCs. I would like to see it increased by a few more million but it really isn't low for their market.

tk13
06-21-2006, 11:58 PM
I think its roughly 44 million higher than KCs. I would like to see it increased by a few more million but it really isn't low for their market.
Yeah, I'm sure they'll be able to add salary, Walt is usually pretty good at pulling a rabbit out of his hat. I'm not sure who's out there to trade for though. Especially pitching, there's just no pitching out there because the handful of teams that aren't in the hunt are the ones that don't have it to begin with...haha.

Miles
06-22-2006, 12:02 AM
Yeah, I'm sure they'll be able to add salary, Walt is usually pretty good at pulling a rabbit out of his hat. I'm not sure who's out there to trade for though. Especially pitching, there's just no pitching out there because the handful of teams that aren't in the hunt are the ones that don't have it to begin with...haha.

I really haven't heard of much out there in the way of bats either. Someone like Craig Wilson is sure to be available but I don't see him as much of an upgrade. I think its going to go down to around the trade deadline this year before more becomes available.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-22-2006, 12:23 AM
I really haven't heard of much out there in the way of bats either. Someone like Craig Wilson is sure to be available but I don't see him as much of an upgrade. I think its going to go down to around the trade deadline this year before more becomes available.

Wait and see who craps out in the NL West.

Miles
06-22-2006, 12:27 AM
Wait and see who craps out in the NL West.

Actually I could see going after Luis Gonzalez. He seems like one of those old guys that works well for a short time in STL.

CoMoChief
06-22-2006, 12:29 AM
Ah what could have been.......Damon Dye Beltran.

****!!!!!!!!!!!

CoMoChief
06-22-2006, 12:29 AM
Actually I could see going after Luis Gonzalez. He seems like one of those old guys that works well for a short time in STL.

I wouldnt be surprised to see the Cards or Yanks land Carlos Lee from MIL.

Moooo
06-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Ah what could have been.......Damon Dye Beltran.

****!!!!!!!!!!!

Be strong. Choke back the tears man.

Moooo

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-22-2006, 12:33 AM
I wouldnt be surprised to see the Cards or Yanks land Carlos Lee from MIL.

We'd have to give up Reyes in all likelihood :deevee:

tk13
06-22-2006, 12:34 AM
I'm not sure the Cards have enough in their system to get a guy like that, unless they trade Reyes or Wainwright.

Miles
06-22-2006, 12:37 AM
I'm not sure the Cards have enough in their system to get a guy like that, unless they trade Reyes or Wainwright.

They really don't. They have some decent prospects down in AA but a more MLB ready prospect is usually what it takes to get a player like Lee once the bidding starts

I really don't think they can trade either Reyes or Wainwright at this point with three of their starters being FAs next year. Hell I think it may even be four but I am not positive on Suppan.

StcChief
06-22-2006, 05:27 AM
Yeah. Mulder has issues. big time.
Marquis usually gives up 4-5
But the O carries him.

Cards ran into a buzz saw in White Sox.
Real test for Reyes tonight.

Miles
06-22-2006, 04:35 PM
I get to watch this in person tomorrow night. :banghead:

At least Pujols will be back tonight.

Frazod
06-22-2006, 04:55 PM
At least Pujols will be back tonight.

Thinking he wasn't playing (as late as today those lying bastards said he wasn't playing), and not wanting to actually watch a AAA pitcher get run through the White Sox wood chipper in light of the bloodletting of the past two games, I sold my tickets this morning to a friend of mine who is a Sox fan.

F#CK

:cuss:

tk13
06-22-2006, 04:57 PM
ROFL

Now watch Pujols hit two homers and Reyes throw a shutout.

Frazod
06-22-2006, 04:59 PM
ROFL

Now watch Pujols hit two homers and Reyes throw a shutout.

That would be my luck, yes. :banghead:

ChiefsCountry
06-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Darn Pujols is back. I was hoping Cardinal fans could suffer longer. By the way the Royals have won 4 straight.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-22-2006, 05:37 PM
I get to see Pujols on saturday. F*cking A bitches.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Thinking he wasn't playing (as late as today those lying bastards said he wasn't playing), and not wanting to actually watch a AAA pitcher get run through the White Sox wood chipper in light of the bloodletting of the past two games, I sold my tickets this morning to a friend of mine who is a Sox fan.

F#CK

No offense, dude, but you remind me of my dad. You're like an anti-fan. Reyes may be the most major-league ready of any prospect in the minor leagues at this point. Pitchers get roughed up from time to time--but it isn't the end of the world. The guy is a future 18 game winner--at least.

teedubya
06-22-2006, 05:49 PM
hearing Cards fans whine about lack of success is kind of cute.

tk13
06-22-2006, 06:03 PM
I'm actually looking forward to this Astros game on ESPN tonight. Not because of Clemens, but I want to see Liriano pitch.

banyon
06-22-2006, 06:07 PM
I hope all of their arms fall off and are replaced with hooks.

htismaqe
06-22-2006, 06:35 PM
No offense, dude, but you remind me of my dad. You're like an anti-fan. Reyes may be the most major-league ready of any prospect in the minor leagues at this point. Pitchers get roughed up from time to time--but it isn't the end of the world. The guy is a future 18 game winner--at least.

Reyes is the least of the Cards worries. Young guys sometimes struggle.

The guy that bothers me is MULDER. Damn near .500 record and he's just looked SHITTY. He's supposed to be the ace.

CoMoChief
06-22-2006, 06:47 PM

The guy that bothers me is MULDER. Damn near .500 record and he's just looked SHITTY. He's supposed to be the ace.

Carpenter is the ace.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-22-2006, 06:49 PM

Carp won the Cy Young last year. Mulder was brought in as a #2 and has pitched like a #7 starter. There is no one else in the NL I'd rather have than Carpenter.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-22-2006, 06:50 PM
I know Pujols is 0-2, but how has he looked in his first two at bats? Good plate coverage? Is he moving well?

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Mulder on the DL...I'd hope to f*ck something was wrong with him.

tk13
06-22-2006, 07:04 PM
The Cardinals must think the White Sox have been stealing signs. Or they suspect it. Reyes has been perfect so far, but the catcher is still going through a billion signs and changing it up like a runner is on 2nd base. The announcers were trying to guess the pitch and were failing. They must think something fishy is going on.

tk13
06-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Reyes is just unfair. This is an offense that's scored 33 runs the last two nights and they look totally befuddled tonight. Taking a no-no into the 7th inning.... I wish the Royals could develop somebody like this.

frazod probably wants his tickets back now. :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-22-2006, 07:46 PM
"Roids" Thome took one deep of of him in the 7th.

The Cards need to step it up, no way this kid deserves to lose this game.

Frazod
06-22-2006, 08:40 PM

Well, let's see. In order to have attended this game, I would have had to get up early and drive to work, been stuck in traffic for an hour and a half, then take the subway to the ghetto, then sit though a boring ass pitchers' duel and watch Albert go 0 for 4, then get chased around by a bunch of drunken imbecile Sox fans with brooms. I might be back to my car downtown by now.

I'd rather watch paint dry than a pitchers' duel. Especially one we lost. Dumping those tickets was a good call for me. If you don't like it, I really don't give a shit.

I love people who try to tell others how to be fans. No wonder you've built up such a fan club here. :shake:

Miles
06-22-2006, 10:14 PM
I'd rather watch paint dry than a pitchers' duel. Especially one we lost. Dumping those tickets was a good call for me. If you don't like it, I really don't give a shit.

I really enjoy them if the pitchers are on like tonight rather than the hitters just sucking. Though they are not much fun to watch at the park since you can't see any of the location or movement.

Frazod
06-22-2006, 10:24 PM
I really enjoy them if the pitchers are on like tonight rather than the hitters just sucking. Though they are not much fun to watch at the park since you can't see any of the location or movement.

Several years ago my wife and I went to a Braves/Cards game in St. Louis (the wife is a huge Braves fan). We were sitting in the bleachers on a sick, swampy hot day with no breeze. Both starters threw complete game shutouts through 9 innings, but then St. Louis lost in the 10th. There was no offense, barely any hits, nothing save hot, humid misery and my wife busting my balls all the way back to Chicago. :#

I HATE PITCHERS DUELS

The best game I ever personally saw was a Mets/Cubs game at Wrigley. The pitching sucked and the wind was blowing out, and the final score was 14-10. That was awesome.

Sure-Oz
06-23-2006, 12:39 AM
sucks losing a game on a 1 hitter lol

StcChief
06-23-2006, 05:52 AM
Reyes pitched a great game, much better than I expected against their O.

Mulder sent to DL. about time.

Moooo
06-23-2006, 07:15 AM
In other news, the Royals swept someone... It's like reverseo world for one series, Cards getting swept by an AL Central team, Royals sweeping a NL Central team... eerie...

Moooo

StcChief
06-23-2006, 07:51 AM
yeah wierd Royals sweep anyone.

Asstros and Reds lose so we're still 4 up.

Get Albert back on track and fix the pitching.

KChiefs1
06-26-2006, 09:22 PM
They gave up 10 runs tonight vs the Cleveland Indians.

Frazod
06-26-2006, 09:23 PM
They gave up 10 runs tonight vs the Cleveland Indians.
Jesus. :shake:

The comical thing is that they're still in first. What a joke.

tk13
06-26-2006, 09:27 PM
The Cards pitching has just been horrific. It's amazing how an entire pitching staff just flipped a switch and started tanking hard. What's even more amazing is they really haven't lost much ground and are still maybe the 2nd best team in the NL. I can't remember an entire league looking as bad as the NL looks right now.

KChiefs1
06-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Jesus. :shake:

The comical thing is that they're still in first. What a joke.

They do play in the Big 12 North er I mean the NL Central right?:shake:

Frazod
06-26-2006, 09:31 PM
The Cards pitching has just been horrific. It's amazing how an entire pitching staff just flipped a switch and started tanking hard. What's even more amazing is they really haven't lost much ground and are still maybe the 2nd best team in the NL. I can't remember an entire league looking as bad as the NL looks right now.

To be fair, on the occasional night they don't suck, the offense tanks.

Yeah, the NL sucks balls. Its the Mets and the 15 dwarfs.

VonneMarie
06-26-2006, 09:32 PM
I have a feeling that Tards pitching staff will get better this weekend.

Frazod
06-26-2006, 09:32 PM
I have a feeling that Tards pitching staff will get better this weekend.

Don't count on it.

VonneMarie
06-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Don't count on it.
I won't. I lied. :D

Miles
06-26-2006, 09:34 PM
They do play in the Big 12 North er I mean the NL Central right?:shake:

It would be a similar comparison if Big 12 north teams had gone to the national championship game the past two seasons. The NL central is hardly a weak division.

VonneMarie
06-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Keep tanking, baby! :)

Miles
06-26-2006, 09:37 PM
The pen has decided to compelty suck at the same time as the starters. Before this shit they were 4th in the league in team ERA. Who knows what the hell they are at now.

WilliamTheIrish
06-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Hey, they've got that lawyerly genious in the dugout to make it all better.

Poor Birds.....