PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen as BACKUP QB ??? Per ESPN...

Kerberos
06-21-2006, 07:52 PM
Just doing some light reading and I find out that BASTARD Jared Allen is moonlighting as a backup QB for the Bucs.

:cuss: dammit carl

ROFL

Go to the link and click on Jared Allen in the paragraph they mention him in.

ROFL

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2492864

Bucs backup QB McCown to have knee surgeryBy Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Tampa Bay quarterback Luke McCown, a third-year veteran who was expected to contend for the No. 2 job behind starter Chris Simms on the Bucs' depth chart, will undergo surgery to repair a partially torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and will miss at least the start of the regular season.

McCown, 24, injured his knee June 13 during an organized team activities non-contact session when he rolled to his right and then planted to scramble upfield. McCown was able to walk off the field and the injury was not considered serious at the time. Subsequent tests on the knee indicated that surgery was necessary to repair the damage.

The full extent of the injury will not be known until during surgery.

Coach Jon Gruden announced Tuesday, as the Bucs began a three-day minicamp, that McCown will have surgery later this week. The Bucs are cautiously optimistic that McCown, acquired from the Cleveland Browns in a trade during the 2005 draft, could be available for at least part of the 2006 season.

"Right now, he won't be with us for the early part of the season," Gruden acknowledged. "But knowing Luke McCown like I do, he'll be back sooner than most guys."

If the damage to the ACL is no worse than expected, and there are no complications, it's likely McCown will start the season on the physically unable to perform list. That would allow him to return to the active roster after the sixth game of the season. Were the Bucs to place McCown on injured reserve, which they hope to avoid, he would be sidelined for the entire 2006 campaign.

Gruden termed the physically unable to perform option "a good possibility."

The loss of McCown, the Browns' fourth-round choice in the 2004 draft, leaves Tampa Bay with four quarterbacks on the roster. In addition to Simms, the depth chart includes six-year veteran Tim Rattay, first-year veteran Jared Allen, who was with the Bucs in camp last summer and who played in the NFL Europe League this spring, and rookie Bruce Gradkowski, a sixth-round choice in this year's draft.

The Bucs may not immediately seek out another quarterback but, given Gruden's penchant for collecting players at the position, it's a good bet Tampa Bay will add another veteran before training camp begins. Said Gruden: "If we bring in a guy, we're going to bring in a guy with a purpose."

Arguably the most athletic of the quarterbacks on the roster, McCown, a former Louisiana Tech standout, said he is a fast healer and should be back on the field at some point during the season. Even if he returns, McCown will be coming back without the benefit of having been through training camp, a key for any young quarterback.

McCown has appeared in five games, and started four, with all his playing time coming for the Browns in his rookie season. He did not take a snap for the Bucs in 2005. He has completed 48 of 98 attempts for 608 yards, with four touchdown passes, seven interceptions and a passer rating of 52.6.

Phobia
06-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Hahahaha

Ha
Ha

Ha

I Have No Imagination
06-21-2006, 07:54 PM
I hope Sims does well, he is on my fantasy team.

KCChiefsMan
06-21-2006, 08:15 PM
nuthook worthy?

Hammock Parties
06-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Hahahaha

Ha
Ha

Ha

rxrider is sooooooooo funny I burst my insides laughing!!!

Kerberos
06-21-2006, 08:25 PM
GoCheeze is sooooooooo ghey It makes me want to puke.

:Lin:

nuthook worthy?

Come on man, It was actually posted and not just a speculation on my part or anything!!

:evil:

milkman
06-21-2006, 08:26 PM
rxrider is sooooooooo funny I burst my insides laughing!!!

He is, no doubt, easily amused.

Kerberos
06-21-2006, 08:31 PM
He is, no doubt, easily amused.

Come on .... It was a little funny!!

blueballs
06-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Michael Strahan
funny

Hammock Parties
06-21-2006, 08:44 PM

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5986/sw9vd.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

milkman
06-21-2006, 08:52 PM

No.
Not the slightest little bit.

RealSNR
06-21-2006, 11:09 PM
I don't see what you're laughing about. McCown is having surgery. That's not funny at all. Jared Allen has a lot on his plate now.

Rausch
06-21-2006, 11:13 PM
Jared Allen as BACKUP QB ??? Per ESPN...

KCChiefsMan
06-22-2006, 12:49 AM
When I read the thread title, I started thinking to myself...huh...well that might be badass.....BUT!!

Rausch
06-22-2006, 01:00 AM
When I read the thread title, I started thinking to myself...huh...well that might be badass.....BUT!!

CHENZ A!
06-22-2006, 02:27 AM
**** this

he'd have to change his number

Rausch
06-22-2006, 02:32 AM
The stuk-pidity in this thread exceedes even my reservoir of sarcasm...

OldTownChief
06-22-2006, 05:18 AM
nuthook worthy?

Yep, Nuthooks.

Inspector
06-22-2006, 05:47 AM
I hit him with a pool stick at a bar last night.

Kerberos
06-22-2006, 05:56 AM
I hit him with a pool stick at a bar last night.

And Jared was pretty pissed I am guessing?

Inspector
06-22-2006, 09:25 AM
And Jared was pretty pissed I am guessing?

I also found out that I can still run pretty fast.