PDA

View Full Version : Royals Try for 5 Straight....

petegz28
06-23-2006, 08:07 AM
Ok I know we played the other worst team in baseball the last 3 games but you hear often that sometimes you jsut need some wins no matter who it is against.

Come from behind wins at that are really showing some potential for this team.

Gathright is already showing he is an improvment to this team. I watched the guy beat out a bunt when the 3rd basemen was already in on him ready for it.

Redman?? WTF is this guy? Ok so he gives up some runs early but really pitches a hell of a game. His last 5 outings have been very good with some sprinkles of great.

Keppel? A rookie that wsa bashed on 810 when we brought him up who again is pitching within himself and showing a lot of consistency (so far)

Teahen 2.0. The trip back to AAA is showing it was productive and why not to send guys to AA from the big leagues.

Grudz..best off season pick up. This guy is nothing short of great right now for a #2 hitter and 2nd basemen.

Emil Brown has kep his errors to a minimum and is playing solid.

Dayton Moore's attidue seems to be infecting the team. There is a aura right now I sense. You can "feel" the change. Maybe it is a sugar high from the Moore signing but if his first trade says anything it says he is smart. Howell for Gathright and a minor leaguer? ALL DAY LONG BABY!

I hope for good things from the Royals in the next few years.

Our pitching still is below par but we have been in a lot of games we have lost. I think we are getting closer to actually being a .500 club next year than we may of thought a month ago. We will see after the All-Star break if they can at least play bogey golf from here on out.

Yes, before you even ask ...I am jonsing for football

Moooo
06-23-2006, 08:09 AM
Your optimism makes me happy, but as long as Affeldt and Hernandez are on our roster, I will still be worried... I hate the both of them...

Moooo

RockChalk
06-23-2006, 08:12 AM
I have a feeling that Affeldt will be dealt before the trade deadline, maybe a throw in on a Sanders deal

petegz28
06-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Your optimism makes me happy, but as long as Affeldt and Hernandez are on our roster, I will still be worried... I hate the both of them...

Moooo

Affeldt is tradebait. Hernandez coudl still be a #5 guy or #4 if he can get consistent.

We will see what this Hochevar kid has her ein August or September I am guessing.

Jilly
06-23-2006, 08:21 AM
who would be stupid enough to trade for Affeldt?

RockChalk
06-23-2006, 08:25 AM
who would be stupid enough to trade for Affeldt?

The Yanks

Eleazar
06-23-2006, 08:44 AM
Affeldt could bring in a prospect. And a fresh start for him someplace else might be a good thing.

Demonpenz
06-23-2006, 08:47 AM
affelt has nasty stuff. He was just ****ed with too much here. Make him a starter and run him out there every 5th day for a couple years

banyon
06-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Where are the Gathright hatas now?

Jilly
06-23-2006, 08:59 AM
affelt has nasty stuff. He was just ****ed with too much here. Make him a starter and run him out there every 5th day for a couple years

I think I could agree with that except that he is so inconsistent and since he has been so messed with here, is he messed up for life now though?

Sure-Oz
06-23-2006, 09:12 AM
I think Affeldt def. have to get a start somewhere else, we have ****ed with him too much, he never is comfortable iwth his role. nice guy too, always signs autographs and takes pics, i just hope he is succesful somewhere but it likely wont be here. Gathright trade i like alot, we needed speed!

SCTrojan
06-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Pete, your enthusiasm, as always, is infectious. I like the way Keppel has pitched to this point. He kept them in the ballgame his last time out, even though he was struggling. The Astros didn't blow the game open until the bullpen took over, albeit a bit early because of his struggles.

I have some cautious optimism at this point. Would love for them to continue the win streak against the Brewers tonight.

DanT
06-23-2006, 11:05 AM
I think that Affeldt has some bright days ahead of him in baseball. He's just not getting what he needs from the Royals, it seems to me.

Deberg_1990
06-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Whats the latest with Grienke??

Fish
06-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Some good points.....

I know I've been enjoying watching them a lot more the last week or so.... there seems to be some new life stirring within the team. Not that they can do much with it this season, but they aren't playing like they don't give 2 shits anymore.....

cookster50
06-23-2006, 11:36 AM
Read something yesterday that said he was 2-1 with a 8.XX era in 4 rehab starts.

Apparently, some people call him ProZack and others thing that is insensitive and whien about it.

Thats all the news I know.

Deberg_1990
06-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Read something yesterday that said he was 2-1 with a 8.XX era in 4 rehab starts.

Apparently, some people call him ProZack and others thing that is insensitive and whien about it.

Thats all the news I know.

Man, i hope he makes it back for the sake of the organization, but at this point its not looking too good. Im so sick of seeing our pitchers over the past 15 years flame out after 1 or 2 seasons. Hopefully Moore will rebuild the whole organization from the ground up and develop decent pitching again.

petegz28
06-23-2006, 11:43 AM

Who really cares? I am sorry but I think Grienke was over-hyped. Going on his 3rd year as a big leaguer and I am yet to be colored impressed.

beavis
06-23-2006, 12:04 PM
I thought I heard on the radio yesterday that they had optioned him to Wichita, but I could be wrong about that.

beavis
06-23-2006, 12:05 PM
Who really cares? I am sorry but I think Grienke was over-hyped. Going on his 3rd year as a big leaguer and I am yet to be colored impressed.
Only a tard like you wouldn't see the potential that Greinke has.

tk13
06-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Greinke had about 2 good starts and 2 bad starts, I do believe. He was optioned back to AA because his "rehab" time was up. I'm not ready to give up on him. This is still like spring training to him. If it takes him a while to get settled in again, so be it.

Infidel Goat
06-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Make him a starter and run him out there every 5th day for a couple years

Affeldt has never had real success as a starter, though.

I say we continue to use him in middle relief, hope that he puts up some good numbers in that sort of usage again, and trade him if he regains his stuff.

Right now, however, his trade value has to be very low.

Sure-Oz
06-23-2006, 12:40 PM
You don't give up on the #6 pick that easy, he is way too young to give up hope. I hope he does well in AA and comes back up soon!

ChiTown
06-23-2006, 12:50 PM

Look, this kid has ton's of talent. He's just a mental equivalent of child.

If/when he gets his head on straight, he'll be a heck of a pitcher. No need to give up quite yet.

bkkcoh
06-23-2006, 01:30 PM
I think it is a huge mistake to draft pitchers from high school. they are too immature, both mentally and physically, to handle the rigors of professional baseball.

How many of the high school pitchers that have been drafted, have truly panned out in the pros. (winning record in the majors over a 5 - 7 year period)

Ok, I know that is easy to say, but isn't it true? I realize that pitchers in the draft is a crap shoot, but, I wonder what the percentage of pitchers that are drafted that never pitch in the majors or only a couple of years.

I know there are a lot of pitchers in the Royals system that wont have a long and bright career.........

Deberg_1990
06-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Look, this kid has ton's of talent. He's just a mental equivalent of child.

If/when he gets his head on straight, he'll be a heck of a pitcher. No need to give up quite yet.

I cant help but think that Grienke is the next Rick Ankeil...the kid who flamed out for the Cards like 5 or 6 years back. I think now hes actually a position player for them???

tk13
06-23-2006, 02:56 PM
I cant help but think that Grienke is the next Rick Ankeil...the kid who flamed out for the Cards like 5 or 6 years back. I think now hes actually a position player for them???
That was a little different. Ankiel actually forgot how to pitch. Greinke appearently had some kinda anxiety or social disorder. He didn't have a great year last year, but he was in the top 10 in ERA the first two months, went south, then the final month was actually pitching well again. Greinke's problem had nothing to do with being on the field, it was being off the field and dealing with teammates/public/press.

Demonpenz
06-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Affeldt has never had real success as a starter, though.

I say we continue to use him in middle relief, hope that he puts up some good numbers in that sort of usage again, and trade him if he regains his stuff.

Right now, however, his trade value has to be very low.

they never have given him a chance. The blister problem is gone run him out there every day if he sucks oh well, but stop with this back and forth bullshit from the pen and the rotation

sedated
06-23-2006, 05:50 PM
they never have given him a chance. The blister problem is gone run him out there every day if he sucks oh well, but stop with this back and forth bullshit from the pen and the rotation

they gave him that chance at the beginning of this season, and he SUCKED

Hammock Parties
06-23-2006, 06:01 PM
I agree with ya pet, I feel like there is a better aura around this team. They've come back a lot lately from being 4 or 5 runs down, and even that one 7 run come back to win by 5. Alls we needs to do is get rid of the bumbling idiot Berroa, and i think right there, we'd be a 500 club. Berroa hits into way too many DPs, and strikes out in crucial situations and, um.... ****ing drops the pop up in the infield.... that right there is saying enough about that dumbass

petegz28
06-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Only a tard like you wouldn't see the potential that Greinke has.

Yeah? A tard like me? What the f*ck good is potential if he can't ge this ass on the mound???

I know that is all I heard from Baird too and I forgot you were his BF.

I know..all our answers rest on a superstar pitcher that punches cars when celebrities get divorced and can't even get his ass on the mound to pitch like shit and get paid bank.

Thanks. You have proven you should be heading up our scouting department.

Sure-Oz
06-24-2006, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't flat out cut greinke, thats just stupid, keep him in the minors till he gets some confidence going. Hell he had no spring training, that is what him in AA is for, as long as he is ready for next year in the bigs im happy! His potential is probably greater than any of our other pitchers and he has pitched well in the majors before unlike the others.

KevB
06-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Yeah? A tard like me? What the f*ck good is potential if he can't ge this ass on the mound???

I know that is all I heard from Baird too and I forgot you were his BF.

I know..all our answers rest on a superstar pitcher that punches cars when celebrities get divorced and can't even get his ass on the mound to pitch like shit and get paid bank.

Thanks. You have proven you should be heading up our scouting department.

You realize Greinke's 22 years old, right?