PDA

View Full Version : Got a Good alternative to Motorola Phone Tools

memyselfI
06-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Cuz MPT sucks.

It won't recognize it's own freakin phones. Somehow they don't make drivers for the the two Motorola phones I've had. Anyone got any good third party alternatives?

Vegas_Dave
06-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Cuz MPT sucks.

It won't recognize it's own freakin phones. Somehow they don't make drivers for the the two Motorola phones I've had. Anyone got any good third party alternatives?

What phones are you using. I had to hunt down a driver for my RAZR phone but eventually found it... once you got the driver, MPT is actually pretty dang good.

memyselfI
06-24-2006, 05:16 PM
What phones are you using. I had to hunt down a driver for my RAZR phone but eventually found it... once you got the driver, MPT is actually pretty dang good.

An old V188 and a new V360. I finally got MPT to recognize both using the drivers for V400. Go figure.

Vegas_Dave
06-24-2006, 05:22 PM
Yeah thats weird but once you get it to recgonize, MPT is a pretty nice little ap.

SLAG
06-24-2006, 07:57 PM
I have had some trouble with MPT but now that im with nextel Motorola makes special programs just for IDEN handsests.... RSS (CARRIER, SUPERAGENT), WEBJAL, LABJAL (we dont talk about LABJAL), IDEN Phone Book, and IDEN Media Xfer program) You can control alot of your phone and enable hidden features with some of these programs....