PDA

View Full Version : Delta Airlines

JimNasium
06-24-2006, 05:26 PM
I will never fly with this airline again if I have the choice. I was trying to get to Springfield from Philly on Friday. Severe thunderstorms and a radar problem in Atlanta conspired against me and my connecting flight from Atlanta to Springfield was cancelled. That's fine. I understand that problems like this are at times unavoidable. What I don't understand is how Delta wanted to make it right.

First, I'm on my own for the hotel and incidentals. Secondly, they wanted to get me home today by sending me from Atlanta to Chattanooga, Chattanooga to Cincy and finally Cincy to Springfield. In other words, Delta wanted me to spend an additional 12 hours in backwater airports to get my tired body home. Thanks to my own initiative and willingness to standby for a redeye to Cincy and my willingness to exist on 4 hours sleep I was able to make it into town this morning although my bags are somewhere else. The best way to describe 90% of Delta's workforce would be apathetic. It's no wonder they are experiencing the difficulties that they are. I don’t know how those of you that travel for a living make it.

Demonpenz
06-24-2006, 05:33 PM
delta did a fine job for me last time. They made me feel right at home and I showed up early.

JimNasium
06-24-2006, 05:38 PM
delta did a fine job for me last time. They made me feel right at home and I showed up early.
I wish I would have had your experience. :banghead:

Demonpenz
06-24-2006, 05:39 PM
i would go a step further and say delta maybe is the best thing to ever happen to me.

JimNasium
06-24-2006, 05:41 PM
i would go a step further and say delta maybe is the best thing to ever happen to me.
Now you are baiting me you evil bastard! :cuss:

ExtremeChief
06-24-2006, 05:57 PM
if you'd only paid more attention to the signs..

JimNasium
06-24-2006, 06:02 PM
if you'd only paid more attention to the signs..
I was actually considering drinking at 7:00 a.m. at the airport bar.

chiefs4me
06-24-2006, 06:13 PM
I was actually considering drinking at 7:00 a.m. at the airport bar.

Well, why didn't you??

JimNasium
06-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Well, why didn't you??
A beer wouldn't have settled well with my eggs and bacon.

chiefs4me
06-24-2006, 06:27 PM
A beer wouldn't have settled well with my eggs and bacon.

Mimosa....B Mary....V&OJ.......:D

Mr. Flopnuts
06-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Hmm.

VAChief
06-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Delta has royally screwed me on two flights this year...most recently on my return trip from Vegas the first of this month. They constantly overbook, cancel, or are late with their flights causing you to miss your connection. They need a massive overhaul of their customer service as well.

They called me at 5:30am on my return day from Vegas to tell me my flight was having maintenance problems and wouldn't leave till around 12:30pm (orginally scheduled for 10:45am). No problem since I still had plenty of time to catch my connection. I go ahead and go to the airport at 9:00, the clerk confirms that they are still behind and the ETD was still 12:30. She even said the jet was still not even at their airport. I decide to wait to go through security around 11 so I could hang out with my girlfriend. It turns out the jet was in Las Vegas, they got it ready on time and actually left early (of course no call to my cell even though I am on their list to call for changes). I was so p***ed, and I wasn't the only one, there were several left behind. I ended up spending the night in Cincy and missing a day of work. They gave me travel allowances for the night and a 100$ voucher for future travel...Whooppe! A**clowns!

ChiefsLV
06-24-2006, 07:23 PM
I had a similar experience on Delta flying from Vegas to Buffalo last year for a wedding. I was supposed to leave Friday night but when I got to the airport they informed me my flight was cancelled for maintenance reasons and that the only flights out were the next day. They also told me they would not put my on another airline or give me a hotel room for the night. Not that I needed a hotel room in my home city anyway, but I had to call my brother back to pick me up after he had already gone to bed and then spend the night at his house and have him take me back the next day. Due to the delay, I missed the rehearsal dinner the next evening for the Sunday wedding. The flight to and from Buffalo had a connection each way in Atlanta. To make a long story short, every single flight or connecting flight I was on for the entire trip was either late or cancelled. I didn't get back home till 12:00 am when I was supposed to get home at 6:00 pm that night. I complained and got the famous $100 voucher which I never used anyway because I'll never fly Delta again. So I learned two things from my little mishap: 1. Don't fly Delta. 2. Don't take a trip with connecting flights, even if it costs $150 more for the whole trip

Bwana
06-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Delta is the devil!!

SLAG
06-24-2006, 07:46 PM
how can a Airline Overbook?

I mean there are X # of seats on a 757 X= Avaiable # of Tickets

Where do you get the Extra people?

Deberg_1990
06-24-2006, 07:50 PM

Ive wondered this exact same thing for years....can someone pelase explain this phenomenom??

Al Czervik
06-24-2006, 07:56 PM

Airlines always try to oversell the flight since about 10%, on an average, dont show up for the flight.

DELTA stand for:

Doesnt
Ever
Leave
The
Airport

CosmicPal
06-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Ive wondered this exact same thing for years....can someone pelase explain this phenomenom??

Pilots need to make their connections too.

Phobia

People say they're going to show up and then they either call to cancel or don't show up at all. It's really not that difficult to understand.

SLAG
Airlines always try to oversell the flight since about 10%, on an average, dont show up for the flight.

DELTA stand for:

Doesnt
Ever
Leave
The
Airport

Damn they are Retarded....

I would not have bailed out the Air Lines if I was G W

Hydrae
06-24-2006, 08:00 PM
On an opposite note, Frontier Airlines did wonderful customer service for my MIL a couple years ago. She was flying from Portland, Or to Austin and had to change planes in Denver. Turns out that unknown to us, she had not been taking her medications for her dementia issues that had been creeping up and she missed the flight in Denver. I get a call from baggage claim in Denver wanting to know when someone was coming to pick her up since she thought she was at her destination. By that time she had missed the flight!

Frontier then fed her and had someone ensure she made the next flight a couple hours later. Meanwhile, her dog made the connection of course. I live an hour from the airport and didn't want to sit for two hours waiting for the second flight to come in and sure wasn't driving back and forth all night long. The people at the ticket counter took care of the dog until she got in, shared their brisket and water, walked him, the whole nine yards. I will forever tell people that Frontier knows customer service!

SLAG
06-24-2006, 08:00 PM
People say they're going to show up and then they either call to cancel or don't show up at all. It's really not that difficult to understand.
there should be a penality... NO refunds... and a $200 No Show/Late Cancallation Fee if they cant resell the seat...

That should make people show up on time... i mean if your going to fly you better show up

CosmicPal
06-24-2006, 08:04 PM
On an opposite note, Frontier Airlines did wonderful customer service for my MIL a couple years ago. She was flying from Portland, Or to Austin and had to change planes in Denver. Turns out that unknown to us, she had not been taking her medications for her dementia issues that had been creeping up and she missed the flight in Denver. I get a call from baggage claim in Denver wanting to know when someone was coming to pick her up since she thought she was at her destination. By that time she had missed the flight!

Frontier then fed her and had someone ensure she made the next flight a couple hours later. Meanwhile, her dog made the connection of course. I live an hour from the airport and didn't want to sit for two hours waiting for the second flight to come in and sure wasn't driving back and forth all night long. The people at the ticket counter took care of the dog until she got in, shared their brisket and water, walked him, the whole nine yards. I will forever tell people that Frontier knows customer service!

That's nice. :clap: