PDA

View Full Version : How are Players Scouted Is it Fixed?

SLAG
06-26-2006, 11:10 PM
Is it possible for players to intentionally mess up or fugg up when a certin teams scouts are vistiting?

just curious...

SoCalBronco
06-27-2006, 01:27 AM
I don't think anything is fixed regarding scouting. Every team has a group of college scouts, each assigned to a different region and those guys are on the road most of the year in that region scouting prospects. The teams put together a database on these guys and start tracking players before their even draft eligible and track their progress. Sometimes they rely on scouting services to do the first line of evaluation on a player and then if they are interested they go from there. There are two services, everyone in the NFL uses one of them. One is BLESTO scouting, I forgot the name of the other, but they generate reports for teams on players and then the teams track who they are interested in, much more closely. The regional scout goes to practices, talks to the kid's coaches, watches film, attends games etc.

When you get to the postseason, you can't really fix anything. When your working out, you are working out in front of everyone. At the scouting "bowls" (e.g. shrine, hula, blue-gray, senior), scouts from every team are there. At the combine, the same. At your pro day, the same.

ct
06-30-2006, 09:29 AM
I think absolutely yes! All you need is for this guy to loaf a bit, or drop some idiot response in an interview to scare off an undesireable team. Risky game, but wouldn't surprise me a bit.