PDA

View Full Version : KC's RBs ranked #2 in ESPN "Ultimate Depth Chart"

Moooo
06-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Woot Woot!

Though San Diego got first... *grumble grumble...*

Moooo

Edited to add, sorry if repost, just let it fall to the bottom if it is...

big nasty kcnut
06-26-2006, 11:44 PM
No not a repost but kc number 2 on what the only reason san deigo is number 1 is darren sproles that it. Chiefs have priest and larry johnson.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-26-2006, 11:47 PM
No not a repost but kc number 2 on what the only reason san deigo is number 1 is darren sproles that it. Chiefs have priest and larry johnson.

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I'll take LJ and Priest over ANY tandem in the NFL maybe all time.

beer bacon
06-26-2006, 11:49 PM
That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I'll take LJ and Priest over ANY tandem in the NFL maybe all time.

The stated reason for putting us at #2 was the loss of T-Rich.

Moooo
06-26-2006, 11:50 PM

Yep. As a matter of fact, one of them (I can't keep their names straight), said, "I really want to put KC first, but..."

Moooo

big nasty kcnut
06-26-2006, 11:51 PM
True but we can use kris wilson as fullback and or turley.

Moooo
06-26-2006, 11:53 PM
According to them we have a top 5 QB and a top 2 RB corps... I'll take that. We don't need to have a #1 RB, #2 in this little list will do just fine...

Moooo

Mr. Flopnuts
06-26-2006, 11:56 PM

F*ck that, and f*ck them. ESPN are a bunch of haters ROFL

Miles
06-27-2006, 12:12 AM
Yep. As a matter of fact, one of them (I can't keep their names straight), said, "I really want to put KC first, but..."

Moooo

That is reasonable enough. Preist playing still seems a bit questionable as well.

Rausch
06-27-2006, 01:02 AM
Indeed. The ability of Tomlinson to be completely shut down in about 4 games a year demonstrates true dominance...

Halfcan
06-27-2006, 01:19 AM
I think KC will be #1 at the end of the year in Rushing Yardage and Rushing TD's. To me that beats anything ESPN could say.

06-27-2006, 01:25 AM
I think KC will be #1 at the end of the year in Rushing Yardage and Rushing TD's. To me that beats anything ESPN could say.

So.... You think you know more than ESPN? :hmmm: ROFL

greg63
06-27-2006, 01:28 AM
So.... You think you know more than ESPN? :hmmm: ROFLWell, that's not too difficult. ROFL

NITE PLANET!

htismaqe
06-27-2006, 04:34 AM
Everyone seems to forget that Priest hasn't said he's coming back yet.

SCChief
06-27-2006, 04:43 AM
So.... You think you know more than ESPN? :hmmm: ROFL

I think my 9-year-old daughter knows more than ESPN.

Hehehehehehe.

DaKCMan AP
06-27-2006, 05:30 AM
EAST COAST BIA....oh wait.

penguinz
06-27-2006, 06:17 AM
True but we can use kris wilson as fullback and or turley.
We are going to use our right tackle as a fullback? MORON!

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-27-2006, 06:25 AM
If Priest returns he's the best back in the NFL. And Larry Johnson is even better than him. Let them say what they want. At the end of the day KC will lead the league in rushing.

jspchief
06-27-2006, 07:57 AM
Everyone seems to forget that Priest hasn't said he's coming back yet.What htismaqe seems to forget is that Priest hasn't said he's retiring yet.

htismaqe
06-27-2006, 08:00 AM
What htismaqe seems to forget is that Priest hasn't said he's retiring yet.

Nope, he's too busy visiting doctors looking for a favorable prognosis.

Brock
06-27-2006, 08:03 AM
Nope, he's too busy visiting doctors looking for a favorable prognosis.

Either that or working out and getting ready.

jspchief
06-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Nope, he's too busy visiting doctors looking for a favorable prognosis.Or milking it to avoid TC like more than a few veterans have been known to do in the past.

To be fair to the people at ESPN, there have been more suggestions that Priest will return than that he won't. Edwards has said on numerous occasions that he expects him back. So going off the information that exists, rather than speculation, I think it's reasonable that the ESPN guys assume he'll be back.

DJay23
06-27-2006, 08:06 AM
They didn't even mention Darren Sproles. They talked almost as much about Lorenzo Neal as they did Tomlinson.

htismaqe
06-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Or milking it to avoid TC like more than a few veterans have been known to do in the past.

To be fair to the people at ESPN, there have been more suggestions that Priest will return than that he won't. Edwards has said on numerous occasions that he expects him back. So going off the information that exists, rather than speculation, I think it's reasonable that the ESPN guys assume he'll be back.

My opinion is also based on information that exists. It's just not public.

Fish
06-27-2006, 08:33 AM
My opinion is also based on information that exists. It's just not public.

Have you been under Athan's desk again?

htismaqe
06-27-2006, 08:35 AM
Have you been under Athan's desk again?

Athan's a hack.

jspchief
06-27-2006, 08:36 AM
My opinion is also based on information that exists. It's just not public.And that's fine. You may very well be right.

But you can't exactly expect everyone else here to accept "Everyone seems to forget that Priest hasn't said he's coming back yet" when it's based on your top secret info.

We have the coach of the team saying one thing, and you saying another. With all due respect to your knowledge of football, you can't hardly blame people for putting more faith in Edwards than in your unsubstantiated claims.

htismaqe
06-27-2006, 08:41 AM
And that's fine. You may very well be right.

But you can't exactly expect everyone else here to accept "Everyone seems to forget that Priest hasn't said he's coming back yet" when it's based on your top secret info.

We have the coach of the team saying one thing, and you saying another. With all due respect to your knowledge of football, you can't hardly blame people for putting more faith in Edwards than in your unsubstantiated claims.

ABSOLUTELY.

I know you've been rather vocal in your opposition to my opinion. I have no problem with that. The only time I've ever taken exception is when you accused me of changing my story, which I've never done. Some things I expected to happen have not happened, that is true. However, the main point of my opinion (that Priest will not play next year) can't be proven yet.

All of that being said, I've never expected anyone to "buy" my opinion, and I've never expressed or implied that they should. All I've ever done is STATE my opinion, based on what I know.

Ironically, the statement I made earlier that you responded to had NOTHING to do with my opinion. :D I was simply stating that ESPN may have docked us a few points because Priest's future is still somewhat in question.

istas
06-27-2006, 08:42 AM
One of the ex-jocks said he expects LJ to be the NFL MVP.
Very high praise but they also mentioned the lack of a proven
fullback (T-Rich) :banghead: and Welbourn retiring will hurt us.

OG Hutchinson leaving Seattle dropped Alexander to 3rd and the fact
that LT has Oneal at fullback made them 1st.

CupidStunt
06-27-2006, 09:18 AM
LT > LJ
Chargers' backups > Chiefs' backups (including a crippled Holmes or not)
Neal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cruz

What's the debate?

DJay23
06-27-2006, 09:35 AM
LT > LJ

If you had to have him for one game maybe and that's a HUGE maybe. LT can do a little more than LJ.

If you have to have him for a whole season, I'll take LJ. LJ has shown up in every game he's started. Can't say the same for LT.

DaKCMan AP
06-27-2006, 09:40 AM

Michael Turner and Darren Sproles?? :spock:

CupidStunt
06-27-2006, 10:47 AM
3.8 ypc Holmes (PRE-injury), Quentin Griffin and Dee f'ing Brown?

Yeah, i'd take Turner and Sproles over them any day of the week.

As far as LT vs LJ, at this point in their careers - it's not even close. Johnson has to do it for a whole season on top of what he's already done, improve his blocking and then i'll consider him over LT -- and i'm one of the bigger LJ homers around... or so I thought.

DaKCMan AP
06-27-2006, 11:13 AM
As far as LT vs LJ, at this point in their careers - it's not even close. Johnson has to do it for a whole season on top of what he's already done, improve his blocking and then i'll consider him over LT -- and i'm one of the bigger LJ homers around... or so I thought.[/

LT has to do it for a full season too. He's never had more than 7 100-yard games in a single season.

LJ had 10 last season in only 9 starts.

The Red Sea
06-27-2006, 11:31 AM
The way I see it is, if Priest Does come back its simple...

1st down - LJ knocks'em Dead (6-8 Gainer)
&
2nd down - The Priest gives them their final Blessings..on the way to another 1st down(2-3yrds) or the Promise Land!

When this plan comes up short & its third & long the weakest defenders prob been picked out by now you go to that side... TG,EK etc..

In my mind I know this is Marty Ball again...but you know this is NOT the offense Marty had to try that strat..if Marty had this offense with THAT old defense we more than likely wouldve gotten to the show!
The possibilty of Our Defense stepping up with this offense we have is whats keeping me from breaking down in tears at the whiff of some Marty Ball style of playing. ARGH!

At any rate I for one can not wait to see LJ play this FULL season!

bringbackmarty
06-27-2006, 11:37 AM
LT > LJ
Neal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cruz

What's the debate?
LT>LJ
:shake:
quit playing madden and watch some games. Larry Johnson is unstoppable, and without a doubt, the best rb in the league. Not the most complete, but unstoppable when he carries the ball.

CupidStunt
06-27-2006, 11:54 AM
LT has to do it for a full season too. He's never had more than 7 100-yard games in a single season.

LJ had 10 last season in only 9 starts.

That's one way of spinning it.

Here's another:

LT - multiple 16-start seasons
LJ - none

Blocking and receiving are also factors, btw.

vailpass
06-27-2006, 11:55 AM
LT>LJ
:shake:
quit playing madden and watch some games. Larry Johnson is unstoppable, and without a doubt, the best rb in the league. Not the most complete, but unstoppable when he carries the ball.

Are you not including blocking on passing downs or pass catching ability in that assesment?

IMHO this ranking is moot; Priest will not want to play after suffering a neck injury and is searching for a way to keep as much $$ as possible by getting a doctor to declare him unfit to play.

The Chiefs will sport the "Alphabet Soup" backfield of LJ & Q and it will be a pretty damn good one so long as Roaf and Co. hang on one more year.

Mr. Laz
06-27-2006, 11:56 AM
i imagine if they knew that Holmes was coming back we would of been #1.

CupidStunt
06-27-2006, 11:57 AM
quit playing madden and watch some games.

Good argument.

My retort: you're an idiot.

LT>LJ
Larry Johnson is unstoppable, and without a doubt, the best rb in the league.

You're right. All the NFL coaches, players and analysts who say LT is the best -- and many of them say he's the best PLAYER in football -- are wrong.

All bow to your mightyness (homerism).

LT>LJ
Not the most complete, but unstoppable when he carries the ball.

Unfortunately for whatever smidgen of an argument you had, RBs need to be complete.

You can't be just a good runner. LJ is a solid receiver but he's not in LT's league, and he has a ways to go as a blocker.

It's a shame that your red shades filter his poor performance/s out.

htismaqe
06-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Good argument.

My retort: you're an idiot.

You're right. All the NFL coaches, players and analysts who say LT is the best -- and many of them say he's the best PLAYER in football -- are wrong.

All bow to your mightyness (homerism).

Unfortunately for whatever smidgen of an argument you had, RBs need to be complete.

You can't be just a good runner. LJ is a solid receiver but he's not in LT's league, and he has a ways to go as a blocker.

It's a shame that your red shades filter his poor performance/s out.

The NFL is about winning games, not collecting stats. LJ is much more capable of carrying a team than LT...

CupidStunt
06-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Oh, is that so?

Guess you're right.

LJ for teh win.

htismaqe
06-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Oh, is that so?

Guess you're right.

LJ for teh win.

I offered you an alternative explanation. If you wanna get all pissy about, take your ball and go home, that's fine with me.

TinyEvel
06-27-2006, 03:46 PM
ESPN: Everyday Stupid People Nowledge

Mr. Laz
06-27-2006, 04:29 PM
The NFL is about winning games, not collecting stats. LJ is much more capable of carrying a team than LT...

after 3/4 of a season as a starter, that's a bit of a stretch.

R&GHomer
06-27-2006, 04:41 PM
That's one way of spinning it.

Here's another:

LT - multiple 16-start seasons
LJ - none

Blocking and receiving are also factors, btw.

Here is another:

LJ- Starts 16 games and shaters every single nfl rushing record.

milkman
06-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Oh, is that so?

Guess you're right.

LJ for teh win.

If you think back to about 3 seasons ago, when Brees was playing pretty poorly, and they switched to Flutie, the Chargers did have to rely on Tomlinson to carry them, and I believe they won about 4 games(?).

The Chiefs rode LJ last season, and put put together a record breaking string of 100 yard games, and was unstoppable.

So, yeah, I believe we've already seen the proof of Parker's claim.

That being said, with Priest's return in question and T-Rich already gone, I would agree with ESPN's choice of the Chargers as the #1 RB group.

hypersensitiveZO6
06-27-2006, 07:36 PM
They had Larry as their MVP next year so I don't give a **** if we're second.