PDA

View Full Version : Back From Alaska

Buster's Dad
06-27-2006, 03:50 PM
We just got back Sat, from a great 2 weeks in Alaska, saw some beautiful country, caught some nice Halibut, visited DENALI NATIONAL PARK.
Saw Mt. McKinley in all of its glory, what a beautiful untamed place to visit. will post more later still trying to get back in to our daily routine :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Saulbadguy
06-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Cruise?

KingPriest2
06-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Saw Mt. McKinley in all of its glory, what a beautiful untamed place to

No you saw Denali. NO Mt Mckinley.

Jilly
06-27-2006, 04:06 PM
I bet the wildlife was awesome.

KingPriest2
06-27-2006, 04:08 PM
I went there in 93 with my brother we drove up took a week. Left June 12 got to Fairbanks the 19th. Camped out We drove up the Dalton Hiway Went to Deadhorse on June 21 and camped out north of the Artice circle from the 20 to the 22 The drove back down to Fairbanks and the Denali. Went rafting outside of the park. Camped out at Polychrome for 4 days. Went down to Anchorage and then HOmer to do Halibet fishing. We were in Valdez for the 41h. No firewoks up there but is was dark enough for it. Then we drove to San Fran and REno back to Portland over to North Dakota and Minnesota. Got back home on July 19th Over 15000 miles driven in 5 weeks.

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Hope you took some pics

Buster's Dad
06-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Saw Mt. McKinley in all of its glory, what a beautiful untamed place to

No you saw Denali. NO Mt Mckinley.
I suppose you were there and know what I saw ass hole, we were in denali national park, the weather was clear and we saw Mt, McKinley, the tallest mountain in north america. we have a whole bunch of pictures of it.
no cruise, we visited my wife's brother at Homer.

2bikemike
06-27-2006, 04:44 PM
My wife and I are flying up to Anchorage on the 6th of July. We spend 3 niignts in Denali and then we are taking a cruise south. Its been quite a while since I have had a vacation and I am really looking forward to it.
My preference is not to cruise but to fly somewhere and spend all my time. But my wife really wants to take a cruise.

dred
06-27-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm booking tickets this week so I can go back for my 20 year reunion, in North Pole, AK. (about 15 miles outside Fairbanks)

Prob just spend a week up there, but should be fun.

Can't wait to experience the Summer Solstice again.

PastorMikH
06-27-2006, 05:59 PM
I'll bet it really was depressing going back home to SW Kansas after a trip like that.

I remember being depressed going back to Ulysses after my vacations - even if my vacation was just to eastern Kansas.

KingPriest2
06-27-2006, 10:56 PM
I suppose you were there and know what I saw ass hole, we were in denali national park, the weather was clear and we saw Mt, McKinley, the tallest mountain in north america. we have a whole bunch of pictures of it.
no cruise, we visited my wife's brother at Homer.

Damn dude don't get all bent up about it.