PDA

View Full Version : Superman Returns filmed in Australia.

chief2000
06-27-2006, 04:08 PM
I don't know if I like that there was no filming in Kansas.

Why didn't the state do something to get it filmed around here ?

http://indie.imdb.com/name/nm0000008/news

Mile High Mania
06-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Can you imagine getting actors interested in doing a movie that was filmed in Kansas?

DaneMcCloud
06-27-2006, 05:22 PM
I don't know if I like that there was no filming in Kansas.

Why didn't the state do something to get it filmed around here ?

http://indie.imdb.com/name/nm0000008/news

It's much less expensive, because of the unions, to film in Australia than the United States. For years, Vancouver has doubled as an American city in TV and movies because it's cheaper there to pay film licenses and crews than in the US.

Fox has a huge backlot outside of Sydney where Superman Returns was filmed (as were all three recent Star Wars episodes). The Governator recently created a film panel that urges the studios to film more frequently in California and has decided to give tax credits for productions that stay in state.

As far as Kansas is concerned, I'm sure that Singer & company found the appropriate background in Australia.

Frazod
06-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Can you imagine getting actors interested in doing a movie that was filmed in Kansas?

I can't imagine anyone being interested in anything being done in Kansas.

Bob Dole
06-27-2006, 05:43 PM
For whatever reason, Shreveport, LA has been getting a lot of film industry business lately.

Not really sure where that push came from...

DaneMcCloud
06-27-2006, 05:49 PM
For whatever reason, Shreveport, LA has been getting a lot of film industry business lately.

Not really sure where that push came from...

I would assume from tax credits, since that state is probably low on commerce. But that's only a guess.

Frazod
06-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Chicago squeezed itself out of the film industry for several years by assraping all the production companies (which, of course, is a Chicago speciality). When the movie Chicago was filmed in Toronto, that seemed to serve as a wake-up call. Apparently Comrade Daley & Company have scaled back on the abuse somewhat.

KChiefs1
06-27-2006, 05:57 PM
have any great movies been made in the state of Kansas or Missouri?

Frazod
06-27-2006, 06:00 PM
have any great movies been made in the state of Kansas or Missouri?

Last one I know of was Ride with the Devil. Not a great movie, but it was pretty good.

Frazod
06-27-2006, 06:02 PM
According to the Missouri Film Commission's website, the following movies were filmed in Missouri:

American Flyers
Article 99
Big Brass Ring, The
Control
Escape From New York
Hail, Hail, Rock 'N' Roll:
The Chuck Berry Story
Hoop Dreams
Kansas City
King Of The Hill
Larger Than Life
Mr. & Mrs. BridgeNational Lampoon's Vacation
Painting, The
Paper Lion
Paper Moon
Park Day
Paulie: A Parrot's Tale
Planes, Trains & Automobiles
Ride with the Devil
Silence
Tom Sawyer
White Palace
Winding Roads

FAX
06-27-2006, 06:06 PM
There was also, "The FAXES Almost Die: Lost As Hell In Mark Twain National Forest", Mr. frazod.

Of course, that was just a home movie.

FAX

4th and Long
06-27-2006, 06:07 PM
http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/2687/crikey8bq.jpg

Deberg_1990
06-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Escape From New York

I was VERy surprised to learn from listening to the DVD commentary that alot of the New York scenes were filmed in St Louis.....pretty interesting.

FAX
06-27-2006, 07:04 PM
I was VERy surprised to learn from listening to the DVD commentary that alot of the New York scenes were filmed in St Louis.....pretty interesting.

Me too, Mr. Deberg_1990.

What's funny is that the director found that St. Louis would serve well as a sort of post-apocalyptic New York.

FAX

chief2000
06-27-2006, 07:09 PM
rep for that.

Eleazar
06-27-2006, 07:14 PM
According to the Missouri Film Commission's website, the following movies were filmed in Missouri:

Article 99

I thought that I read that was filmed at the hospital where I was born, which was called St. Mary's. It was downtown but I guess isn't there anymore.

Eleazar
06-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Last one I know of was Ride with the Devil. Not a great movie, but it was pretty good.

Yeah, I watched it because I grew up not far from the James farm and such. Not a terrible movie, not great. Kind of cool to hear the names of places you knew and stuff.