PDA

View Full Version : bummer... I just got shot down for a job :(

KC Jones
06-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Dear KC Jones,

Thank you for taking the time to interview with TheCompany.

We are fortunate to have many qualified candidates apply to each of our positions. We have reviewed the qualifications of each candidate and after careful consideration, we have determined that the credentials of other candidates may better fit our needs at this time.

Please accept our best wishes and thank your for your interest in TheCompany.

Sincerely,

Person-who-writes-letters
Corporate Recruiter
TheCompany

I thought I did quite well in the technical phone interview today - apparently so well they got off the phone and said "hell no". I wasn't even a "hmm... hold on to the resume and we'll see who else comes in". I haven't been turned down for a job that I actually interviewed for in ages. This is quite the ego bruising. I guess I should really commit the entire J2EE spec to memory rather than just referring to it when I need to.

Well... time for a beer. :toast:

Mr. Kotter
06-27-2006, 06:25 PM
The HR guy at TheCompany reads the Planet....and is a Bush man. ;)

Seriously though....keep your chin up. Could be a better opportunity waiting for you elsewhere. :thumb:

Sully
06-27-2006, 06:28 PM
It's my fault.
Things rarely work out great for me. But a few weeks back I got the opportunity to start working on my dream job.

It may have thrown the whole planet (and Planet) off kilter. It's okay to just go ahead and blame me.

mlyonsd
06-27-2006, 06:30 PM
That sucks man. Good luck.

Adept Havelock
06-27-2006, 06:38 PM
That's a damn shame. Better luck next time! KBO.

Rain Man
06-27-2006, 07:03 PM
You can use my logic. If they don't hire you, they're stupid, and who wants to work for someone who's stupid?

Chief Pote
06-27-2006, 07:06 PM
I've been turned down for a job in the past...all things happen for a reason. I later find out that the shit hit the fan at the place and I would have been miserable. Ahh living the clean life...some would say.

FAX
06-27-2006, 07:14 PM
All will be well, Mr. KC Jones.

Remember, everytime God closes a door, he unzips a gorgeous woman's trousers.

FAX

KC Jones
06-27-2006, 07:15 PM
You can use my logic. If they don't hire you, they're stupid, and who wants to work for someone who's stupid?

I do - if they're stupid I can take advantage of them and work 10 hours a week while posting on the planet the other 30+

:D

It's not that big of a deal. I already have a decent enough job, I just wanted to see what else is out there and jump ship if my dream gig happens to be available. So far though, nobody is paying 6 digits to rub down top female models in photo shoots.

JBucc
06-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Time to get out the eggs and toilet paper rolls. Do you know where the boss lives?

Mosbonian
06-27-2006, 09:47 PM
So far though, nobody is paying 6 digits to rub down top female models in photo shoots.

That's because you probably have several guys who would pay six figures to be able to do that....

mmaddog

Phobia
06-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Somebody posted a thread about how he rubbed his wife's feet for half an hour in exchange for a job. You might search the archives.

Moooo
06-27-2006, 10:13 PM
This is for the better, would you really wanna work for a place called, "TheCompany?" I mean, you KNOW they're gonna be sketchy with a name like that.

First they're showing you, "the ropes." Then, before you know it you're in too deep.

Moooo

Otter
06-27-2006, 10:59 PM
The only logical thing to do at this point is to duct tape a bunch of road flares to your chest and march in there and demand that job be yours.

Bugeater
06-27-2006, 11:27 PM
I thought I did quite well in the technical phone interview today - apparently so well they got off the phone and said "hell no". I wasn't even a "hmm... hold on to the resume and we'll see who else comes in". I haven't been turned down for a job that I actually interviewed for in ages. This is quite the ego bruising. I guess I should really commit the entire J2EE spec to memory rather than just referring to it when I need to.

Well... time for a beer. :toast:
Beer. Now there's a temporary solution.

Logical
06-28-2006, 12:06 AM
All will be well, Mr. KC Jones.

Remember, everytime God closes a door, he unzips a gorgeous woman's trousers.

FAXNow there is a philosophy to get your hand into.

Logical
06-28-2006, 12:08 AM
Mr KC Jones,

I think much of your abilities based on postings here, and I must point out that I think you would have been unhappy at the CIA. You seem more suited to Health and Human Services. Best of Luck

President Bush

StcChief
06-28-2006, 05:25 AM
If you have to know the J2EE spec by memory you don't wanna work there.

It's more about what you have done in JAVA.

Solving problems and finding answers / solutions.
Is the skill I would be looking for in an interviewee.

F'em move on.

KC Jones
06-28-2006, 06:32 AM
If you have to know the J2EE spec by memory you don't wanna work there.

It's more about what you have done in JAVA.

Solving problems and finding answers / solutions.
Is the skill I would be looking for in an interviewee.

F'em move on.

yeah... that's my philosophy too. When I interview I ask modeling, problem solving, and algorithm/data structure problems. Any idiot and can look up the spec if they don't know something off the top of their head. I also tend towards core Java and JVM questions.

Lin Elliot
06-28-2006, 06:37 AM
You should give up on finding a job using Java. Cobol mainframe programming is where it's at now. Java is so '90s.

By the way, do you know anyone looking for a good looking kicker who hates cold weather?

Dartgod
06-28-2006, 06:42 AM
Dear KC Jones,

Thank you for taking the time to interview with TheCompany.

We are fortunate to have many qualified candidates apply to each of our positions. Unfortunately, you were not one of them. We have reviewed the qualifications of each candidate and after careful consideration, we have determined that that we got more laughs out of your interview than all the others combined.

Please accept our best wishes for success in your future job cleaning the peep show stalls at your local adult book store and thank you for your interest in TheCompany.

Sincerely,

Person-who-writes-letters
Corporate Recruiter
TheCompany
Fixed your post...

:p

MahiMike
06-28-2006, 06:56 AM
You don't have enough syllables in your name to even be considered for a technical job anymore...(

MOhillbilly
06-28-2006, 06:57 AM
my cousin went to apply at some armory depot kinda place in KC. when he took the psyc. test they told him he had a screw loose.
talk about a shot to the ego. im not sure hes applied for a job since.

KC Jones
06-28-2006, 07:02 AM
You don't have enough syllables in your name to even be considered for a technical job anymore...(

Heh - currently I'm on a team of 20 developers. One is from Korea, and 18 are from India. It's pretty surreal at times. Instead of having bagels or chips in team meetings we have curry spiced banana chips and other things like that.

sedated
06-28-2006, 07:41 AM
If you need some extra cash, I think Hog Farmer could use some help retrieving boar semen (you just have to have a big mouth and control over your gag reflex.

Phobia
06-28-2006, 07:52 AM
my cousin went to apply at some armory depot kinda place in KC. when he took the psyc. test they told him he had a screw loose.
Looks like they were right.

FAX
06-28-2006, 07:53 AM

Holy Jesus.

What a sad story, Mr. MOhillbilly.

FAX

Otter
06-28-2006, 07:59 AM

Should have showed up Monday Morning at their door naked except for a santa hat over his bird with a blow up doll under one arm and a walkie talkie in the other hand.

Leave them guessing.

MOhillbilly
06-28-2006, 08:13 AM
Looks like they were right.

yeah i dont get it. i love him, but dont understand how a man that can work..... wont.

Braincase
06-28-2006, 08:13 AM

Foreigners without green cards and a doctored employment history?

StcChief
06-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Heh - currently I'm on a team of 20 developers. One is from Korea, and 18 are from India. It's pretty surreal at times. Instead of having bagels or chips in team meetings we have curry spiced banana chips and other things like that.

So how creative are these foreign developers. I have been un-impressed

Ones here I've seen Don't seem to beable to think independantly and work from specs alone. Are more interested in advancing their own and
aren't real team players IMO. They don't share.... seem more interested in their own kind getting ahead.

Mr. Laz
06-28-2006, 11:04 AM
bummer... I just got shot down for a job :(
Better than getting shot down at a job

:shrug:

laz
~always looking for the positive~

vailpass
06-28-2006, 12:23 PM

F that crap; how do you stand it?
If you get tired of it move into the Defense industry; it is certainly more "red, white, & blue" on this side.