PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen and Derrick Johnson

HemiEd
06-28-2006, 09:04 PM
I have been thinking a lot about these two guys and how they may play this year. DJ's second year in the system, no longer a rookie. Jared Allen should see some help with pressure from the other side. Should be exciting don't you think? What kind of year do you think they will have?

milkman
06-28-2006, 09:11 PM
I still believe that the overall performance of the defense depends on what kind of play we get in the middle of the line.

If anyone, Sims, Dalton, Reed, Edwards ( I won't even bother mentioning Siavii), can become any kind f force, it will free up Allen and Hali, giving them the opportunity to create havoc in the backfield, and for Kawika, DJ and Fox (who'll beat out Bell) to make plays.

DJ will be better because he is more accustomed to the speed of the game, and better prepared.

Fish
06-28-2006, 09:12 PM
As far as Allen.... I think he'll raise his average and prove to be a reliable end..... He and Hali should push each other throughout the season.....

I expect a BIG year out of DJ.... I think with the balls-out attack mentality of the defense this year, he's gonna break loose and really be able to attack the line.. I'm much more worried about Bell's role than I am DJs........

Moooo
06-28-2006, 09:14 PM
As far as Allen.... I think he'll raise his average and prove to be a reliable end..... He and Hali should push each other throughout the season.....

I expect a BIG year out of DJ.... I think with the balls-out attack mentality of the defense this year, he's gonna break loose and really be able to attack the line.. I'm much more worried about Bell's role than I am DJs........

I'm not seeing Hali being much more than just a solid starter... He won't be much better than Hicks this year, IMO (but he should still get the start).

Moooo, who is a practical, yet big Hali fan

BIG K
06-28-2006, 09:20 PM
DJ will be better because he is more accustomed to the speed of the game, and better prepared.

That's of course, assuming they release him to do what he does best....

HemiEd
06-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Fox (who'll beat out Bell) to make plays.

Do you have the confidence in Herm Edwards to make that decision?

milkman
06-28-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm not seeing Hali being much more than just a solid starter... He won't be much better than Hicks this year, IMO (but he should still get the start).

Hali isn't fast, but he does have a quick, almost explosive first step, and will be able to abuse a number of RTs.

He'll get at least double Hicks sacks, and be better in run defense, which is Hicks' only positive.

blueballs
06-28-2006, 09:26 PM
how come Jared
dosen't get called by
his intials?

Moooo
06-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Hali isn't fast, but he does have a quick, almost explosive first step, and will be able to abuse a number of RTs.

He'll get at least double Hicks sacks, and be better in run defense, which is Hicks' only positive.

I hope you're right...

Moooo

blueballs
06-28-2006, 09:28 PM
ooooo
I gat mail

milkman
06-28-2006, 09:28 PM
That's of course, assuming they release him to do what he does best....

What DJ does best, really, is defend against the pass, and making plays at the point of attack.

Moooo
06-28-2006, 09:29 PM
What DJ does best, really, is defend against the pass, and making plays at the point of attack.

To go out on a limb...

I think he was are karmic retribution for Donnie going to the Chargers. Especially in a Cover 2 scheme, DJ could REALLY take off...

Moooo

|Zach|
06-28-2006, 09:29 PM

milkman
06-28-2006, 09:30 PM
how come Jared
dosen't get called by
his intials?

Because we then might confuse him with that Subway guy. :)

Actually, you know, I think I might start calling Allen and Hali, Subway, making QB sandwiches.

HemiEd
06-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Nice Picture Zach!

BIG K
06-28-2006, 09:33 PM

I agree with you. I am just curious if he will be allowed to play to his potential in this 'new system'......

milkman
06-28-2006, 09:46 PM
I agree with you. I am just curious if he will be allowed to play to his potential in this 'new system'......

DJ was born to play cover two.

Think Derrick Brooks.

jlscorpio
06-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Derrick Brooks is who I've heard him compared to more than anyone else...

Rausch
06-28-2006, 10:42 PM

I'm not a big fan of Hali's strength or ability to shed blockers but given the choice teams will double Allen before Hali. That alone should help him out until he's proven his NFL worth...

Hammock Parties
06-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Because we then might confuse him with that Subway guy. :)

Actually, you know, I think I might start calling Allen and Hali, Subway, making QB sandwiches.

Oh my GOD.

A moniker has been coined.

SUBWAY!

jspchief
06-29-2006, 04:29 AM
DJ was born to play cover two.

Think Derrick Brooks.I agree. Johnson should excel in the Cover 2.

Warrior5
06-29-2006, 06:00 AM
As milkman accurately stated, the entire defense hinges on the play of the interior linemen. I was desperately hoping the Chiefs would pick up a run-stuffing, pocket collapsing monster in the off-season, but alas...

The Allen - Hali bookends should compliment each other nicely.

Consequently, DJ, with a year under his belt, will be better.

Bell, if utilized IAW his strengths, should be a force at the LOS.

It's all about attacking the center of gravity, the QB, and that starts with a consistent push in the middle.

StcChief
06-29-2006, 06:04 AM
Cover 2 is a good fit for DJ

Bell? Fox could beat him out speed could be the factor

DTs got to start making a difference Reed/Edwards?

Allen/Hali will be fine.

DaKCMan AP
06-29-2006, 06:30 AM
how come Jared
dosen't get called by
his intials?

because Jared
Allen happens to
be a white guy

Lzen
06-29-2006, 07:52 AM

You forgot to add "except when the other team runs cutbacks and bootlegs".

HemiEd
06-29-2006, 09:28 AM

I agree with all of this. I am anxious to watch their progress and see how Fox does on his come back from the injury.

hypersensitiveZO6
06-29-2006, 10:09 AM
I've yet to see DJ do anything "magical" as said by Dick Vermeil. I hope he is more agressive this year and more of a presence. He has the ability to disrupt any play and I think he will this year.

Jared Allen will continue to improve his all around game with being a much bigger factor this year against the run. As much as I like Kawika Mitchell, Jared Allen will prove to be the main leader/motivater of the defense.

Hali will be rusty at first. I think he and Eric Hicks will rotate, but Hali will get most of the playing time. He should play all passing downs and toward the middle of the season will show his great motor.

DaKCMan AP
06-29-2006, 10:14 AM
hali-luya

hypersensitiveZO6
06-29-2006, 10:15 AM
how come Jared
dosen't get called by
his intials?

JA? maybe cause it means jackass? :shrug:

hypersensitiveZO6
06-29-2006, 10:30 AM
hali-luya

Its a funny story. I was talking to a friend and speaking of the "Liberian Nightmare." He misunderstood me and thought I talking about a good friend of ours (Sarah) who is a librarian. Hence, now she's the "librarian nightmare."

Hog Rider
06-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Oh my GOD.

A moniker has been coined.

SUBWAY!

From SUBPAR to SUBWAY.

It's about time!

hypersensitiveZO6
06-29-2006, 10:43 AM
From SUBPAR to SUBWAY.

It's about time!

I'll take a 6 inch Jake Plummer with american cheese, lettuce, and mustard.

Ebolapox
06-29-2006, 11:32 AM
I'll take a 6 inch (penis of) Jake Plummer with american cheese, lettuce, and mustard.

:spock:

Brock
06-29-2006, 11:33 AM

that's ****ed up.

hypersensitiveZO6
06-29-2006, 11:33 AM
:spock:

I was afraid of that. Subway doesn't offer 0.5 inches. :shrug:

FAX
06-29-2006, 11:34 AM

Well, it's back to Taco Bell for me.

FAX

Thig Lyfe
06-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Awesome picture, Zach.

DJ had a pretty good rookie year, and I think when Hali takes the starting job, we'll have two young and powerful rushers on the ends who can potentially take away the passing game, forcing teams to run straight into DJ and Kawika.

The less we have to drag the secondary into the play, the better, and I think the young players in the box are just the group to make that happen.

CupidStunt
06-29-2006, 12:01 PM
Do you have the confidence in Herm Edwards to make that decision?

Absolutely. Absolutely no question about it.

And that's just one of many reasons I much prefer Edwards to Vermeil, regardless of whether i'd have preferred a different new head coach.

Herm will play young players.

CupidStunt
06-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Nice picture. Got anymore? :hmmm:

HemiEd
06-29-2006, 06:11 PM
hali-luya

ROFL