PDA

View Full Version : As of July the 1st, Kansas will begin issuing concealed carry permits again.

pr_capone
06-29-2006, 01:24 PM
http://theflyoverzone.blogspot.com/2006/03/bullseye-veto-on-concealed-carry.html

Bullseye! Veto on Concealed Carry Overriden by Kansas House

That was quick! Hot on the heels of last night's Senate vote, the Kansas House just overrode the concealed carry veto. It has been 12 years since the Kansas legislature overrode a governor's veto, and Gov. Sebelius just earned that distinction. The House vote was 91-33, giving supporters of the measure seven votes more than the two-thirds majority necessary. The Senate voted Wednesday night to override the veto, 30-10, with three votes more than needed.

The law will take effect July 1st, with requirements to pass a gun safety course, a background check, and prohibitions against carrying firearms in schools, churches, libraries and courthouses. Kudos to Senator Phil Journey, a Haysville Republican, for his long and determined fight for the statute. His past efforts were thwarted by two previous vetoes, one in 1997 by Gov. Graves, and another in 2004 by Gov. Sebelious.

The third time was a charm for Senator Journey, an outspoken advocate for gun owner's rights. Gov. Sebelious, a Democrat, has a 60% approval rating in this largely Republican state, despite taking positions not in step with most Kansans. So far, no strong Republican has emerged to challenge her in this fall's election.

Will this affect you in any way shape or form?

R&GHomer
06-29-2006, 01:33 PM
I had a concealed weapons permit in Washinton state. I will probably get one here in KS. Not that I would ever use it, but I could if I wanted to, and that my friends is what the 2nd amendment is all about.

jspchief
06-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Unpossible.

Just yesterday Big Daddy told me there is never any positive gun legislation.