PDA

View Full Version : Is This Creepy?

Donger
06-29-2006, 03:42 PM
My wife just came home from the grocery store with a bizarre story. She was stopped by a woman, about 40, that claimed to be a 'talent scout.' The woman said that she would like to take 'test shots' of our daughter, who was with my wife at the time.

WTF does that mean?

sedated
06-29-2006, 03:44 PM
'test shots'... WTF does that mean?

I, personally, don't endorse medical testing on children

Moooo
06-29-2006, 03:45 PM
My wife just came home from the grocery store with a bizarre story. She was stopped by a woman, about 40, that claimed to be a 'talent scout.' The woman said that she would like to take 'test shots' of our daughter, who was with my wife at the time.

WTF does that mean?

It means to run away, quickly....

Moooo

Tribal Warfare
06-29-2006, 03:46 PM
modeling agency? Is your a daughter teen or adolescent?

Donger
06-29-2006, 03:46 PM
modeling agency? Is your daughter teen or adolescent?

She's almost three.

Tribal Warfare
06-29-2006, 03:47 PM
She's almost three.

Okay it's ****ed up then

OnTheWarpath15
06-29-2006, 03:48 PM

WTF does that mean?

It means that when/if you agree to the "test shots", the "scout" will fill your head full of BS.....pitch to you that your daughter could become a model.....blah, blah, blah.

Then, once they've got you all hyped up, they proceed to tell you that she'll need to take "classes" at some rigoddamndiculous cost to you.

Just a talent/modeling agency looking for suckers, IMO.

bogie
06-29-2006, 03:50 PM
She's almost three.

Did the woman have a card? Does she have a studio? Does she have references? Obviously you or your wife will be at the shoot. Worst that can happen is the woman is a lousy photographer and it was a waste of time. Otherwise, maybe you get a lot of nice pictures of your 3 year old.

hypersensitiveZO6
06-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Don't give her the child. I would keep it.

bogie
06-29-2006, 03:51 PM
It means that when/if you agree to the "test shots", the "scout" will fill your head full of BS.....pitch to you that your daughter could become a model.....blah, blah, blah.

Then, once they've got you all hyped up, they proceed to tell you that she'll need to take "classes" at some rigoddamndiculous cost to you.

yea, if they're legit, you don't need to pay for anything.

Saulbadguy
06-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Did the lady rub her nipples against you? Just wondering.

Donger
06-29-2006, 03:55 PM

Thank you.

RockChalk
06-29-2006, 03:57 PM
same sh*t happened to me when i was a kid. went to the agency and they proceeded to tell my parents i needed to take some classes. we passed.

Donger
06-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Did the lady rub her nipples against you? Just wondering.

No, I wasn't there. And, I don't think the lady was retarded.

StcChief
06-29-2006, 04:24 PM
always looking for cute kids to model stuff.....magazine local news paper dept store stuff.

Some folk I know did it couple times. Easy money for kids
or free clothes.

WilliamTheIrish
06-29-2006, 04:42 PM
same sh*t happened to me when i was a kid. went to the agency and they proceeded to tell my parents i needed to take some classes. we passed.

Your folks figured those classes were too tough?

SPchief
06-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Your folks figured those classes were too tough?

ROFL

ouch

Mr. Laz
06-29-2006, 05:23 PM
lots of babies do commercial work etc.

could be legit, could be a scam :shrug:

the key is if they want you to pay for anything .... test shots should be paid for by them.

Rain Man
06-29-2006, 05:31 PM
If I was single, I would make up some swimsuit model talent agency business cards to keep in my wallet, just in case. I'll bet you could get yourself a lot of amateur posing that way.

And no, I'm not talking about kids. Swimsuits require an adult figure. Or at least a naive late teen figure.

58-4ever
06-29-2006, 05:35 PM
Or at least a naive late teen figure.

mmmmmm

Psyko Tek
06-29-2006, 05:47 PM
mmmmmm

rainman, you now maybe an accessory

Moooo
06-29-2006, 05:50 PM
rainman, you now maybe an accessory

Accessory? Its all good as long as they're over 18...

Moooo