PDA

View Full Version : SAUSAGE!!!!!!

TinyEvel
06-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Have you ever sent an all-company email?

I sent this one, and it ALMOST got me fired.

Two women (Shannon and Amanda) were leaving our ad agency to go work on the Jimmy Dean sausage account at another agency. They asked me to write "one of your funny emails" to invite everyone out for drinks after work on their last day.

I do not endorse nor condone this type of email writing. Use better judegement. Your actual mileage may differ, etc.....

(here's the email)

So, tonight we’ll gather at Baja Cantina to bid farewell to Shannon and Amanda, who’ll be going to TBWA/Chiat to work on the Jimmy Dean’s sausage account. That Jimmy Dean sure is a lucky guy to have two fine woman like these working on his sausage ‘round the clock.

Working on Jimmy Dean’s sausage must be a big responsibility. Let’s all hope that Shannon and Amanda can get a firm grip on Jimmy Dean’s sausage and work it into that tight, almost impenetrable place in consumers’ heads.

It’s no easy task to put Jimmy Dean’s sausage on the lips of consumers. What if focus group participants don’t like the taste of Jimmy Dean’s sausage in their mouth? Jimmy Dean’s sausage would be harder than ever, and could Shannon and Amanda handle Jimmy Dean’s sausage in a situation like that? I think so. I even believe, firmly, that they will make Jimmy Dean’s sausage grow to unprecedented size.

I can see them riding Jimmy Dean’s sausage to the top of that agency. And once Jimmy Dean’s sausage is satisfied with it’s impressive growth and consumers are grabbing Jimmy Dean’s sausage wherever they can, I bet Shannon and Amanda will be tapped to tag team once again on one of Chiat’s other food accounts, say, Uncle Ben’s Long Grain.

So join us at Baja Cantina tonight to wish them good luck and give them a spunky send-off!

--Jason

Hammock Parties
06-30-2006, 11:21 PM
You are Abe Froman?

greg63
06-30-2006, 11:27 PM
So what about that e-mail could anyone possible find offensive??? :rolleyes: :p

Moooo
06-30-2006, 11:28 PM
So what about that e-mail could anyone possible find offensive??? :rolleyes: :p

Maybe the Jewish community?

Moooo

TinyEvel
06-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Did anyone think this was gping to be a TGI Friday's thread?

--Vegetable medleyyyyyyeeeah!

greg63
06-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Maybe the Jewish community?

Moooo

ROFLROFL

greg63
06-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Did anyone think this was gping to be a TGI Friday's thread?

--Vegetable medleyyyyyyeeeah!

Not me.

KCChiefsMan
07-01-2006, 12:14 AM
I'm pretty sure 90% of companies would have canned your butt for that

Logical
07-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Funny as hell, probably saved your ass because the people who would have fired you laughed and then could not bring themselves to do the job.

TinyEvel
07-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Funny as hell, probably saved your ass because the people who would have fired you laughed and then could not bring themselves to do the job.

BINGO!

Bwana
07-01-2006, 06:06 AM
LOL, nice work. If I would have sent that, I would have been getting a phone call that I had to report to Indy for 3 days of sensitivity training. :D

shaneo69
07-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Have you ever sent an all-company email?

I sent this one, and it ALMOST got me fired.

Two women (Shannon and Amanda) were leaving our ad agency to go work on the Jimmy Dean sausage account at another agency. They asked me to write "one of your funny emails" to invite everyone out for drinks after work on their last day.

I do not endorse nor condone this type of email writing. Use better judegement. Your actual mileage may differ, etc.....

(here's the email)

So, tonight we’ll gather at Baja Cantina to bid farewell to Shannon and Amanda, who’ll be going to TBWA/Chiat to work on the Jimmy Dean’s sausage account. That Jimmy Dean sure is a lucky guy to have two fine woman like these working on his sausage ‘round the clock.

Working on Jimmy Dean’s sausage must be a big responsibility. Let’s all hope that Shannon and Amanda can get a firm grip on Jimmy Dean’s sausage and work it into that tight, almost impenetrable place in consumers’ heads.

It’s no easy task to put Jimmy Dean’s sausage on the lips of consumers. What if focus group participants don’t like the taste of Jimmy Dean’s sausage in their mouth? Jimmy Dean’s sausage would be harder than ever, and could Shannon and Amanda handle Jimmy Dean’s sausage in a situation like that? I think so. I even believe, firmly, that they will make Jimmy Dean’s sausage grow to unprecedented size.

I can see them riding Jimmy Dean’s sausage to the top of that agency. And once Jimmy Dean’s sausage is satisfied with it’s impressive growth and consumers are grabbing Jimmy Dean’s sausage wherever they can, I bet Shannon and Amanda will be tapped to tag team once again on one of Chiat’s other food accounts, say, Uncle Ben’s Long Grain.

So join us at Baja Cantina tonight to wish them good luck and give them a spunky send-off!

--Jason

That's some good work. I would've promoted you.

Adept Havelock
07-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Good one. The fact it was damn funny likely saved your ass from some mandatory "sensitivity" training. You know, one of those classes where they teach you how to show respect for chicks and fat broads.

Psyko Tek
07-01-2006, 05:06 PM
great stuff

the have Baja in montana?

is baja montana idaho?

TinyEvel
12-02-2008, 01:45 AM
This was another good one.