PDA

View Full Version : Metal Head thread and poll...

Rausch
07-01-2006, 05:29 AM
Is Rob Zombie the heir apparent to Ozzy/Sabbath?...

Braincase
07-01-2006, 06:36 AM
Up until his untimely death, I'd have been inclined to say Dimebag, but Zombie is alright.

One guy I'd keep an eye on for the long run is Ville Valo from the group H.I.M.

jlscorpio
07-01-2006, 07:30 AM
This is proposterous. Zombie isn't in Ozzy's league and never will be. ALL his shit sounds exactly the same. By this stage in his career, Ozzy had made 4 all-time classic albums with Sabbath and one on his own. IMO, Whie Zombie was better than his solo work, and it isn't even in the conversation with original Sabbath. There will never be another Ozzy or Ozzy, Iommi, Geezer, and Ward...

headsnap
07-01-2006, 07:34 AM
Ozzie? :spock:

morphius
07-01-2006, 08:39 AM
It is hard to say, but at Ozzfest a few years back, Rob was better up there then Ozzy was, and I wasn't even a big fan of Zombie till seeing him live in that concert.

ZepSinger
07-01-2006, 08:49 AM
They broke the mold after Ozzie.

Z

milkman
07-01-2006, 09:12 AM
They broke the mold after Ozzie.

Z

It was an accident, cause they were high and drunk.

Deberg_1990
07-01-2006, 10:47 AM
I see Zombie having more of a long term future as a movie director. He does have some real talent there.

Reaper16
07-01-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm throwing up at the first choice.
Rob's okay though. Good live show. Can't say that he really plays metal, though.

KcMizzou
07-01-2006, 12:37 PM
I see Zombie having more of a long term future as a movie director. He does have some real talent there.I remember when he was talking about starting a chain of horror themed amusement parks. Sounded like great fun.

I like RZ because his schtick is a little different. He's more camp than anything. Rather than blood and devil worship... it's haunted houses, Frankenstein, wolfman, etc. I enjoy his "act" as much as his music.

Btw... Thunderkiss '65 is still my favorite.

Blackened
07-01-2006, 01:23 PM
It is hard to say, but at Ozzfest a few years back, Rob was better up there then Ozzy was, and I wasn't even a big fan of Zombie till seeing him live in that concert.

I agree 100% Never was much of a Zombie fan, but he killed as the closing
band on stage two at Ozzfest in '05.

It would be silly to try and compare his career with Ozzys though...

htismaqe
07-01-2006, 02:32 PM
I think Rob is a better filmmaker than musician myself.

Moooo
07-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Ozzy and Black Sabbath were pioneers, something Rob Zombie is not. The torch will not be as bright, but it could very well be passed on to him.

Moooo

petegz28
07-01-2006, 03:36 PM
No one will replace Ozzy. Bands don't even write songs the same way anymore.

Pitt Gorilla
07-01-2006, 04:40 PM
This is proposterous. Zombie isn't in Ozzy's league and never will be. ALL his shit sounds exactly the same. By this stage in his career, Ozzy had made 4 all-time classic albums with Sabbath and one on his own. IMO, Whie Zombie was better than his solo work, and it isn't even in the conversation with original Sabbath. There will never be another Ozzy or Ozzy, Iommi, Geezer, and Ward...I agree. Rob's new song sounds just like his older stuff. Honestly, it's getting old. Back in the days of White Zombie, I might have thought great things were to come. His music just hasn't "grown" at all. I'd take Jonathan Davis over Zombie, but neither is an Ozzy.

Psyko Tek
07-01-2006, 06:04 PM
saw white zombie once, must have been in 96, scorpions opened, they were middle act,

Alice Cooper closed, and kicked everybodies ass that night,

Rausch
07-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Ozzie? :spock:

No, vicodin.

I've got some pretty unbearable pain in my lower feft abdomen and I've eaten enough to down an Oprah...

Nightwish
07-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Rob's fun as hell to watch, and his music is listenable. But he's not in the same ballpark with Ozzy/Sabbath, or even Dio/Sabbath or Gillian/Sabbath. American and British metal has long been evolving into something not very metal. And the real metal that remains in the US/British scene is either getting to the end of their careers (Ozzy/Sabbath, Maiden, Priest, Metallica, Megadeth, etc.) or is aimed at too small a market to really carry the metal torch (death metal, black metal, metalcore, etc.). If there is going to be a worldwide heir apparent to the Ozzy/Sabbath throne, it'll probably come out of middle Europe, where the American traditional, Euro and NWBHM sound is still very much alive. At one point, I almost thought Iced Earth might be able to step up to the plate and carry the torch of American/British traditional metal styles (they're considered power metal, but their sound is more akin to traditional NWBHM heavy metal than to the European power metal scene), but they haven't done much since they picked up Tim Owens from Judas Priest. Of course, Shaeffer has been concentrating more on Demons & Wizards, so that probably has something to do with IE's lack of productivity of late.

Loki
07-01-2006, 08:31 PM
He's a deciple, and he's ok, but he's not all that.

however, if you have the chance to see him live, go do it. i've seen him
with white zombie and by himself a few times. great shows. very fun
and very LOUD. the go-go dancers are a nice touch also. ;)