PDA

View Full Version : 80 people dressed in blue polos and khakis cause a scene at BestBuy...

teedubya
07-01-2006, 02:50 PM
http://static.flickr.com/44/138534842_ea5c7d240f.jpg?v=0

The idea for this mission was submitted by a stranger via email. Agent Slavinsky wrote in to suggest I get either a large group of people in blue polo shirts and khakis to enter a Best Buy or a group in red polo shirts and khakis to enter a Target. Wearing clothing almost identical to the store's uniform, the agents would not claim to work at the store but would be friendly and helpful if anyone had a question. There aren't any Targets in Manhattan, so I decided to go with the two-story Best Buy on 23rd Street.

MORE > http://www.improveverywhere.com/mission_view.php?mission_id=57

Hammock Parties
07-01-2006, 02:57 PM
This is awesome.

tyton75
07-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Funny idea... and you must have a lot of time on your hands

KCChiefsMan
07-01-2006, 04:14 PM
golly, so what was the point of this? to see what it's like to be questioned by a customer? Imagine if people with that much time on their hands did something positive, this country could be in better shape...couldn't it GoChiefs?

el borracho
07-01-2006, 04:20 PM
golly, so what was the point of this? to see what it's like to be questioned by a customer? Imagine if people with that much time on their hands did something positive, this country could be in better shape...couldn't it GoChiefs?
Dude, you have nearly 4,000 posts on an internet bulletin board. Why are you complaining about what others do with their free time?

Demonpenz
07-01-2006, 04:27 PM
reminds me of the time i got done reffing an alumni tourny then stopped off at foot locker

Mr. Flopnuts
07-01-2006, 04:32 PM
ROFL By far my favorite line......

A little while later, an older woman with a handful of products walked past me at one point muttering to herself, "Everyone in this goddamned store is wearing a blue shirt and nobody knows a thing!"

TinyEvel
07-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Pretty funny, I guess.
Reminds me of the time I went to Home Depot wearing an orange T-shirt. Customers started asking me product questons. I worked at a home Improvement warehouse (HomeBase) for nine years through High School/College, so I ended up answering all their questions, people were lining up waiting to ask me questions. After about an hour helping one guy plan his whole outdoor lighting scheme, teaching a woman how to install a dimmer switch, and showing a guy how to replace his antisiphon valve in his toilet, I bailed with my stuff.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-01-2006, 04:40 PM
ROFL

“I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”
“You’re kicking me out?”
“No, I’m not saying that.”
“Ok, then I can stay?”
“You’re not buying anything.”
“I’m waiting for my friend, just watching TV while I wait.”
“I’m asking you to leave.”
“Are you kicking me out?”
“No.”

KCChiefsMan
07-01-2006, 04:44 PM

almost 4K in posts in 4 years.... :rolleyes:

KCChiefsMan
07-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Dude, you have nearly 4,000 posts on an internet bulletin board. Why are you complaining about what others do with their free time?
4K posts, in 4 years.... :rolleyes:

Adept Havelock
07-01-2006, 05:06 PM
4K posts, in 4 years.... :rolleyes:

So, you waste time on internet BB's w/out even being productive enough to contribute? :p

KcMizzou
07-01-2006, 05:08 PM
So, you waste time on internet BB's w/out even being productive enough to contribute? :pHe's got a point, KCCM. We're going to need to know how many 100 post threads you've started. :hmmm:

Adept Havelock
07-01-2006, 05:19 PM
He's got a point, KCCM. We're going to need to know how many 100 post threads you've started. :hmmm:

ROFL

chief2000
07-01-2006, 05:20 PM
somebody must have tried this before and stolen something. Why are they so paranoid ?

banyon
07-01-2006, 05:59 PM
This is great. Like a nonviolent version of Fight Club. :clap:

milkman
07-01-2006, 06:07 PM
somebody must have tried this before and stolen something. Why are they so paranoid ?

Because they are almost certain that these people actually know something about what they're selling.

StcChief
07-01-2006, 07:27 PM
this happened some time back in NYC if this is the same deal. Drove the BestBuy folks nuts funny as hell.

Something cool to do once for the experience.

Hydrae
07-01-2006, 07:27 PM
I think this one is a better prank: http://www.improveverywhere.com/mission_view.php?mission_id=30

KCChiefsMan
07-01-2006, 08:57 PM
this is almost as bad as those 5 idiot hippies in Atlanta that backed up the entire highway going exactly the speed limit

Hammock Parties
07-01-2006, 11:15 PM
I think it's just people having a good time.

teedubya
07-01-2006, 11:40 PM
http://www.vimeo.com/clip:68614

this is the Best Buy Video clip... funny shit.

Phobia
07-02-2006, 01:20 AM
Uh. I indirectly taught some kids to swim - and stuff.

Bearcat
07-02-2006, 09:41 AM
"This is absolute nonsense. If you go back in there, you're getting a summons and you'll be going to jail." He walked away and an agent said "Okay, so now we've established where the line is. You can go in once, but you can't go in again." I said, "Are we banned from Best Buy for life?" Everyone shivered.

Then, someone else: "Where's the nearest Blockbuster?"

ROFL

Rain Man
07-02-2006, 09:49 AM
It seemed kind of funny, but at the same time, the further I read, the more I kind of felt bad for the Best Buy managers. I could see them thinking that it was some sort of setup to steal a bunch of stuff or cause a problem.

The Starbucks one was kind of funny too. I could have fun with that one.

Sully
07-02-2006, 09:49 AM
That's it.

I'm gonna do this at a strip club.
I'm wearing their uniform, and am going to see if anyone thinks I work there..

(this joke funnier to those who have seen me.)

gblowfish
07-02-2006, 10:16 AM
What I thought was funny was the Best Buy people were getting all freaked out about the use of cameras...that these pranksters probably bought at Best Buy!

The prank with setting up a tuxedoed men's room valet at the Times Square McDonalds was pretty hilarious too.

FAX
07-02-2006, 10:30 AM
I have nothing to say, except that I'm outposting everybody at the moment.

Plus, I wonder if Mr. Rain Man still likes chicken noodle soup. Or, alternatively, if he has developed an aversion to same.

It strikes me that if someone were attacked by a person wielding stroganoff, you might not order it much even if you were living in Russia or one of the old Soviet territories.

FAX

Saulbadguy
07-02-2006, 10:32 AM
I like the cell phone symphony.

|Zach|
07-02-2006, 11:10 AM
It seemed kind of funny, but at the same time, the further I read, the more I kind of felt bad for the Best Buy managers. I could see them thinking that it was some sort of setup to steal a bunch of stuff or cause a problem.

If I was a manager I would have put the place on complete lockdown...

FAX
07-02-2006, 11:13 AM
This prank would pose real problems for the BB manager.

Honestly, the only practical way to deal with the confusion would be to require all the real employees to remove their clothes.

FAX