PDA

View Full Version : Sirius $50 rebate, did you get yours?

HemiEd
07-03-2006, 03:44 PM
We bought a new Sirius Sportster around Christmas, that was $150 with a $50 mail in rebate. It was about a month ago we realized that we had not received the rebate. They said they sent it but it must have gotten lost, miraculously in a couple of weeks we had it. Seems kind of fishy to me, I think they plan on people forgetting. Howard Stern does not need my $50.

Baby Lee
07-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Got it [or rather my parents who bought it for me as an X-mas gift did].

HemiEd
07-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Got it [or rather my parents who bought it for me as an X-mas gift did].

Good, maybe it was an honest mistake.

Bob Dole
07-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Since the subject is already open...

Bob Dole recently got the factory installed version with a 6 month sub. Any way to get a deal on the service when the free period is up?

HemiEd
07-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Since the subject is already open...

Bob Dole recently got the factory installed version with a 6 month sub. Any way to get a deal on the service when the free period is up?

I bought a year service for something like $140. Do not know of any other deal, but look forward to finding out.

*edit* I had not idea one of these would work in a Mazda. :D

Redcoats58
07-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Me and my wife both have sirius and I dont think they sent me our rebates back, because like you said they must count on you forgetting.

Bob Dole
07-03-2006, 07:01 PM
I bought a year service for something like $140. Do not know of any other deal, but look forward to finding out.

*edit* I had not idea one of these would work in a Mazda. :D

It came integrated with the factory Bose system. Bob Dole doesn't even know where the actual box is located (though the antenna is obvious). Bob Dole has spent more time listening to Octane than expected, and it will sure come in handy when Bob Dole has to travel during the holidays...

HemiEd
07-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Me and my wife both have sirius and I dont think they sent me our rebates back, because like you said they must count on you forgetting.

Wow, that is why I started the thread. Hope you get your money, we had to call them.
Here is what they said to us:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

"Upon researching your inquiry, we also found the $50 rebate was mailed out and has not been cashed. We have forwarded your inquiry to the appropriate team to reissue a $50 rebate check to the mailing address on file. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for this to process. (took about 10 days)."

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

HemiEd
07-03-2006, 07:17 PM
It came integrated with the factory Bose system. Bob Dole doesn't even know where the actual box is located (though the antenna is obvious). Bob Dole has spent more time listening to Octane than expected, and it will sure come in handy when Bob Dole has to travel during the holidays...

I bet that is a great system.
I hate to admit it, but the best pleasant suprise I have ever rented was a Mazda 626. I loved the car over in Hawaii.
I got ours because I could not find any Chiefs game coverage in Eastern Iowa. I ended up driving back here during a couple games last year from Wichita due to Dad's health. I was pissed and shocked that there was no coverage out there.

Redcoats58
07-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Wow, that is why I started the thread. Hope you get your money, we had to call them.
Here is what they said to us:

"Upon researching your inquiry, we also found the $50 rebate was mailed out and has not been cashed. We have forwarded your inquiry to the appropriate team to reissue a $50 rebate check to the mailing address on file. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for this to process. (took about 10 days)."

damn sounds like a scam.

Bob Dole
07-03-2006, 10:58 PM
I bet that is a great system.
I hate to admit it, but the best pleasant suprise I have ever rented was a Mazda 626. I loved the car over in Hawaii.
I got ours because I could not find any Chiefs game coverage in Eastern Iowa. I ended up driving back here during a couple games last year from Wichita due to Dad's health. I was pissed and shocked that there was no coverage out there.

All of Bob Dole's family still lives in SWMO, so Bob Dole runs in to a lot of the game-on-radio issues during the holidays. It will be nice to have a broadcast if/when game day and travel day align.