PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Playoff predictions

Mr. Flopnuts
07-05-2006, 10:45 AM
espn.com just released their playoff predictions and they have us playing Denver at Investco in the wild card round. They also have us pulling off an upset victory and advancing to play Pittsburg in the 2nd round. The buck stops there though. If that were to play out, as predicted how would you feel about the season? Would it be satisfactory to you? I know we all want a super bowl every year, but would a playoff win in Denver against the much hated Broncos soothe your soul?

ct
07-05-2006, 10:47 AM
With a new HC and OC, a playoff victory over the Broncos would make me happy. Something to build on right there!!

MOhillbilly
07-05-2006, 10:56 AM
With a new HC and OC, a playoff victory over the Broncos would make me happy. Something to build on right there!!

would you really be happy?

Mr. Kotter
07-05-2006, 10:57 AM
AFC Championship (where anything can happen) or bust for me....otherwise, I'll feel cheated.

I know it's Herm's first year, but the talent drain could begin next year in earnest....

Rain Man
07-05-2006, 10:59 AM
I'm going to have to review how the playoff system works. I haven't had to worry about anything past the first round for a while.

htismaqe
07-05-2006, 10:59 AM
it would be a step in the right direction.

StcChief
07-05-2006, 11:01 AM
Let's start by beating them in week 2 at Incestco.

So the playoff game will be at Arrowhead. :p

Mr. Kotter
07-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Let's start by beating them in week 2 at Incestco.

So the playoff game will be at Arrowhead. :p

As long as they would WIN that one too, and not choke like '97....:banghead:

milkman
07-05-2006, 11:05 AM
My satisfaction level would depend entirely on the contributions of the defense, and the contributions of young guys on offense.

If that scenario played out, but the defense doesn't improve from last season, and guys like Parker, Thorpe, and Cruz don't step up and make contributions, then I wouldn't be satisfied, because this team would be just about ready to crash and burn after that.

If, however, the D and the young offensive players step up, and we also get a glimpse of growth from future O-Line contributers like Svitek, Sampson and Black (at guard), then I think this would be a huge step in the right direction.

noa
07-05-2006, 11:05 AM
ESPN preseason playoff predictions are always right.

ct
07-05-2006, 11:09 AM
would you really be happy?

OK, happy? No. Knowing our o-line could very well be 40% retired next year, anything short of SB victory is not enough.

CupidStunt
07-05-2006, 11:12 AM
I'd love to see it, if only for the fact that Edwards would accomplish more than one season than Crybaby did in five.

milkman
07-05-2006, 11:19 AM
OK, happy? No. Knowing our o-line could very well be 40% retired next year, anything short of SB victory is not enough.

The one positive constant in the Carl era is that he has consistently fielded SB caliber O-Lines.

That is the one area of his GM responsibilities that he seemingly excels at.

Calcountry
07-05-2006, 11:25 AM
espn.com just released their playoff predictions and they have us playing Denver at Investco in the wild card round. They also have us pulling off an upset victory and advancing to play Pittsburg in the 2nd round. The buck stops there though. If that were to play out, as predicted how would you feel about the season? Would it be satisfactory to you? I know we all want a super bowl every year, but would a playoff win in Denver against the much hated Broncos soothe your soul?I wonder if the ESPN depth guys ever did a show, that had the team that is most likely to be affected by unforseen injuries?

I hope somebody has links to all of their smarts for some end of the season laughs.

MOhillbilly
07-05-2006, 11:29 AM
The one positive constant in the Carl era is that he has consistently fielded SB caliber O-Lines.

That is the one area of his GM responsibilities that he seemingly excels at.

yeah no shit. i dont get it. :banghead:

hypersensitiveZO6
07-05-2006, 11:50 AM
I saw it. They were debating the idea of the Chiefs winning in Pittsburg. They almost had us winning. Then they brought up the playoff winning statistic and gave Pitt the win. ESPN is being very generous with our team this offseason. Sort of scares me.

Calcountry
07-05-2006, 12:05 PM
I saw it. They were debating the idea of the Chiefs winning in Pittsburg. They almost had us winning. Then they brought up the playoff winning statistic and gave Pitt the win. ESPN is being very generous with our team this offseason. Sort of scares me.It could be worse, it could be Sports Illustrated doing this.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-05-2006, 12:24 PM
It could be worse, it could be Sports Illustrated doing this.

You should post that in the negative predictions thread.

Frazod
07-05-2006, 12:29 PM
To beat those cheating pricks at home would almost be better than a Super Bowl.

ALMOST

ChiefsOne
07-05-2006, 12:30 PM
I am not going to be happy until we get a Superbowl win. I can live with some down years and a competitive team every so often. But not a life time of disappointment? :cuss:

bobbything
07-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Any time Salisbury predicts KC to win, they fall flat on their ass. Consider this season over.

Manila-Chief
07-05-2006, 01:27 PM
Any time Salisbury predicts KC to win, they fall flat on their ass. Consider this season over.

It wasn't Salisbury ... it was the guy on the other end of the set ... Mike??? I noticed this guy thinks the Chiefs have what it takes this year. All 3 said if the game is at Arrowhead then it would be a KC win.

Happy? NO!!! Anything short of a SB victory and I will not be a happy camper. But, yes, a playoff win will be better than what we have experienced the last many (started to write few years but it has been too long :-)

I think we have a shot at going all the way or we can fall way back ... especially if Herm scales the O way back to Marty ball.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-05-2006, 02:51 PM
I think we're gonna win a playoff game this year. But then I always do. I'm a homer. I wouldn't be happy with that scenario. The closer we get to the prize, the more it will hurt when we fall. Making the superbowl would not be a success to me. It would be a disaster if we went and lost it. Look at the stats on losing superbowl teams. My theory is if we don't win it all, give me the highest possible draft pick we can get without losing to division rivals.

milkman
07-05-2006, 06:55 PM
I think we're gonna win a playoff game this year. But then I always do. I'm a homer. I wouldn't be happy with that scenario. The closer we get to the prize, the more it will hurt when we fall. Making the superbowl would not be a success to me. It would be a disaster if we went and lost it. Look at the stats on losing superbowl teams. My theory is if we don't win it all, give me the highest possible draft pick we can get without losing to division rivals.

And you wonder why you're old dad never gives you any credit.