PDA

View Full Version : Tech job question - DST Systems in KC

ct
07-06-2006, 10:28 AM
Any KC locals know anything about DST Systems? Looking for local buzz, not the website or stock reports (already looked around).

Thanks in advance!

ct
07-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Having a hard time getting the Mrs. on board with this idea, moving to KC that is. Not convinced I want to either.

Haven't been offered anything, don't know if I will, but would like any info to be informed who these guys are.

Dartgod
07-06-2006, 11:27 AM
DST is one of the biggest employers in the KC area, I believe. My brother and SIL both work there, although not on the tech side. I know of a few other people that work there and have never heard a bad thing about them. I have no first hand knowledge though, so take my post FWIW. :shrug:

ct
07-06-2006, 02:58 PM
DST is one of the biggest employers in the KC area, I believe. My brother and SIL both work there, although not on the tech side. I know of a few other people that work there and have never heard a bad thing about them. I have no first hand knowledge though, so take my post FWIW. :shrug:

Thanks!

DaneMcCloud
07-06-2006, 06:31 PM
My brother worked there for several years, up until 1998. He was 31 at the time and was quite aware that they wouldn't promote anyone younger than 40 to an upper level management position.

He moved to Austin to work for Dell computers and has been a Vice President for more than 2 years.

ct
07-07-2006, 07:46 AM
My brother worked there for several years, up until 1998. He was 31 at the time and was quite aware that they wouldn't promote anyone younger than 40 to an upper level management position.

He moved to Austin to work for Dell computers and has been a Vice President for more than 2 years.

This does not concern me, as upper management is NOT in my future. Unless I start my own biz.

Thanks for the insight guys, much appreciated.