PDA

View Full Version : Ominious Headline from The Onion Jan 00

Baby Lee
07-07-2006, 03:07 PM
The Onion is apparently on vacation, and cycling through headlines of prior years. This article was a little unsettling in retrospect.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31850?issue=4227&special=2000

Ultra Peanut
07-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Awesome.

Eric Harris was a visionary, too:

JimNasium
07-07-2006, 03:10 PM
The Onion is apparently on vacation, and cycling through headlines of prior years. This article was a little unsettling in retrospect.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31850?issue=4227&special=2000
Help a brutha out who cannot access this site from work.

Ultra Peanut
07-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Millennium Actually Starts In 2001, Terrorists Note
January 19, 2000 | Issue 36•01

DAMASCUS, SYRIA–With the world breathing a collective sigh of relief following the violence-free passage into the year 2000, an international coalition of terrorists issued a reminder Monday that the new millennium does not actually begin until Jan. 1, 2001. "Technically speaking, we are now in the last year of the 20th century," said Mahmoud al-Habib, a spokesperson for the terrorist organization Hamas. "Since there was no year zero, next New Year's Eve is the real time to detonate bombs in Times Square and blow commercial airliners out of the sky." Speaking from a secret bunker in the Kashmir hills, Osama bin Laden agreed. "We were all set to blow up the Eiffel Tower," bin Laden said, "when one of my suicide bombers pointed out that it should actually be done next Jan. 1, not this one. I suppose we'll just have to wait."

Baby Lee
07-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Help a brutha out who cannot access this site from work.
Millenium Actually Starts in 2001, Terrorists Note
The site won't let me cut and paste, so rather than type it all out;

The story is that the terrorists noted that they still have all of 2001 to stage their attacks before the millenium. They still have time to bomb Times Square and blow planes out of the sky. OBL is quoted as being 'set to blow up the Eiffel Tower 12/31/99,' but they decided to wait.

JimNasium
07-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Millennium Actually Starts In 2001, Terrorists Note
January 19, 2000 | Issue 36•01

DAMASCUS, SYRIA–With the world breathing a collective sigh of relief following the violence-free passage into the year 2000, an international coalition of terrorists issued a reminder Monday that the new millennium does not actually begin until Jan. 1, 2001. "Technically speaking, we are now in the last year of the 20th century," said Mahmoud al-Habib, a spokesperson for the terrorist organization Hamas. "Since there was no year zero, next New Year's Eve is the real time to detonate bombs in Times Square and blow commercial airliners out of the sky." Speaking from a secret bunker in the Kashmir hills, Osama bin Laden agreed. "We were all set to blow up the Eiffel Tower," bin Laden said, "when one of my suicide bombers pointed out that it should actually be done next Jan. 1, not this one. I suppose we'll just have to wait."
Spooky.