PDA

View Full Version : Tom Watson Leading Sr. US Open......

ROYC75
07-07-2006, 03:32 PM
So far, 2nd rd @ -4 in the clubhouse. Up by 1 with a small group left on the course.

ChiefsFanatic
07-07-2006, 06:48 PM
So far, 2nd rd @ -4 in the clubhouse. Up by 1 with a small group left on the course.

Go Tom, Go.

bogie
07-07-2006, 06:51 PM
I like Tom Watson. Then again, I like most pro golfers. It seems to be a good class of people in golf.

kcfanintitanhell
07-07-2006, 06:54 PM
I remember when I was teaching at the Toon Shop in Prairie Village Tom would occasionally drop in to say hi to the owner, who he played golf with once in awhile. He'd take an acoustic guitar or two off the rack and play them. Wasn't too bad. I was surprised at how short he was.

teedubya
07-07-2006, 06:56 PM
I hate Tom Watson. Then again, I hate most golfers.

bogie
07-07-2006, 06:56 PM
That's right, Tom's from KC. No wonder I like him.

bogie
07-07-2006, 07:00 PM
I hate Tom Watson. Then again, I hate most golfers.

Were you beat up by a golfer as a kid? I hope my 8 year old girl takes up golf. Good people play golf.

Mr. Laz
07-07-2006, 07:02 PM
:clap:

Go Tommy!! PBJ

kick that fogie butt

Eleazar
07-07-2006, 07:05 PM
I remember when I was teaching at the Toon Shop in Prairie Village Tom would occasionally drop in to say hi to the owner, who he played golf with once in awhile. He'd take an acoustic guitar or two off the rack and play them. Wasn't too bad. I was surprised at how short he was.

I ran into him a summer or two ago when I was going through the turnstiles to a Royals game. I was kind of surprised that he was going in the gate with his ticket just like anybody else. One of my buddies said hello and he shook our hands and stuff. Nice guy.

teedubya
07-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Were you beat up by a golfer as a kid? I hope my 8 year old girl takes up golf. Good people play golf.

Nah, I just hate Golf avatars.

kcfanintitanhell
07-07-2006, 07:11 PM
I ran into him a summer or two ago when I was going through the turnstiles to a Royals game. I was kind of surprised that he was going in the gate with his ticket just like anybody else. One of my buddies said hello and he shook our hands and stuff. Nice guy.
Yea, a very nice guy. I wanted very much to ask him how I could correct my slice but I resisted.
Corrected it myself, turned it into a duck hook. :cuss:

HemiEd
07-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Tom is a Class guy from what I have seen, and I really like Prairie Dunes.

bogie
07-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Nah, I just hate Golf avatars.

:)

Eleazar
07-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Yea, a very nice guy. I wanted very much to ask him how I could correct my slice but I resisted.
Corrected it myself, turned it into a duck hook. :cuss:

haha. I'm sure you would not have been the first person to ask him that.

I have heard though that being a bit further away from the ball can help. It's your swing plane being too steep that causes it or something?

Sorry if that is a dumb comment... I'm by no means an expert (I just started playing in March or so) but for some reason I have never sliced the ball. When I blow a shot most of the time it's just pushed straight right. It's not spinning, it just takes off on a straight line like 45 degrees from the target line that it should have.