PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Gordon is a Punk?

John_Locke
07-09-2006, 04:56 PM
knocked the 17 car out to win

or was it just racing?

discuss

Mr. Flopnuts
07-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Jeff Gordon is not a punk. He's a fag.

rad
07-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Just tradin' paint with 42 of your closest friends!

Bugeater
07-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Jeff Gordon is not a punk. He's a Rump Ranger.
Actually he's both. It's a moot point anyway because Kenseth ran out of gas.

John_Locke
07-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Kyle Petty was 29th. I would so love for him to win one!!!

edit to add 28th

Mr. Flopnuts
07-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Fag should not be filtered. In France it is known as a cigarette. Wait, France, nevermind.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Fag should not be filtered. In France it is known as a cigarette. Wait, France, nevermind.

I guess it's not filtered. I wonder what mod changed it....... not that it really matters.

John_Locke
07-09-2006, 05:01 PM
throwing the bottles was just a classless act

Bugeater
07-09-2006, 05:02 PM
throwing the bottles was just a classless act
What are you talking about, did I miss something?

John_Locke
07-09-2006, 05:05 PM
What are you talking about, did I miss something?

when gordon was taking his victory lap, fans threw bottles onto the track at his car.

I don't care who it is, that just is rude and classless

Mr. Flopnuts
07-09-2006, 05:07 PM
when gordon was taking his victory lap, fans threw bottles onto the track at his car.

ROFL ROFL ROFL Who would've ever guessed NASCAR fans to be rude and classless.

jspchief
that just is rude and classlessGee, really hard to imagine from 150k Nascar fans. :rolleyes:

Deberg_1990
"No, no, he didn't slam him, he didn't bump him, he didn't nudge him... he *rubbed* him. And rubbin, son, is racin"

Bugeater
07-09-2006, 05:08 PM

:doh!: I did miss that.

I heard the announcers saying something as Gordon was entering victory lane, I was wondering what they were talking about.

rad
07-09-2006, 05:10 PM
Gee, really hard to imagine from 150k Nascar fans. :rolleyes:

So are mullets and pick-up trucks that probably cost more than their "dwelling".

Mr. Flopnuts
07-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Don't believe that Jeff Gordon's gay? Click the link.

http://www.wqyk.com/documents/randd_timw_gordon.mp3

kcxiv
07-09-2006, 05:14 PM
He didnt do it on purpose, Kenseth tried to stay low and Jeff had a run. I am NO Gordon fan, but he didnt do it on purpose.

Bwana
07-09-2006, 05:14 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL Who would've ever guessed NASCAR fans to be rude and classless.
LOL: Exactly what I was thinking. Say it isn't so! What next, donk fans will start tossing small hard objects you stick in flashlights? Wait.......

rad
07-09-2006, 05:16 PM
LOL: Exactly what I was thinking. Say it isn't so! What next, donk fans will start tossing small hard objects you stick in flashlights? Wait.......
ROFL

When did that happen?

Bwana
07-09-2006, 05:25 PM
ROFL

When did that happen?

Hint: Ask Dale Carter.

Bugeater
07-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Don't believe that Jeff Gordon's gay? Click the link.

http://www.wqyk.com/documents/randd_timw_gordon.mp3
:shake:

Mr. Flopnuts
07-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Hint: Ask Dale Carter.

He doesn't remember though. He sucked all of the mercury out of them to make some hyper form of crack cocaine.

Adept Havelock
07-09-2006, 05:30 PM
"No, no, he didn't slam him, he didn't bump him, he didn't nudge him... he *rubbed* him. And rubbin, son, is racin"

ROFL
Thank you Mr. Duvall.

jaxchiefsclub
07-09-2006, 09:00 PM
I hate Gordon he's a whining little beeyotch.

However, NASCAR needs to come up with a better method of determining aggressive driving.

Clint Bowyer was black flagged for the same type of situation earlier this season in a Busch race. I think if you gain a position because of your actions you should be sent to the end of the longest line no matter who you are.

alanm
07-09-2006, 09:07 PM
I hate Gordon he's a whining little beeyotch.

However, NASCAR needs to come up with a better method of determining aggressive driving.

Clint Bowyer was black flagged for the same type of situation earlier this season in a Busch race. I think if you gain a position because of your actions you should be sent to the end of the longest line no matter who you are.
You may hate him, but both he and Tony Stewart are the best technical drivers out there. I think it's because both he and Stewart also did open wheel racing as well. Can't wait to see Montoya next year. :thumb:

Spicy McHaggis
07-09-2006, 11:09 PM

They let a bunch of Cleveland Browns fans in?

chefsos
07-09-2006, 11:36 PM
...I think if you gain a position because of your actions you should be sent to the end of the longest line no matter who you are.Well, yeah, but I think it's not so much the one position you gain as much as it is the 22 positions the other guy loses. On the other hand, a little frontier justice can go a long way...If NASCAR doesn't handle it, then we (drivers) need to handle it. And that's OK.

BTW, I think the bottle and can fusillade from the stands is funny, and relatively harmless. You're gonna hurt a guy who's inside a car, wearing a helmet?

Eleazar
07-09-2006, 11:54 PM
And people have been deriding soccer for a month... least it ain't nascar...

Garcia Bronco
07-10-2006, 06:12 AM
The other guy did it to Gordon the other month. All is fair.

DaKCMan AP
07-10-2006, 06:26 AM
It's not a sport and I'm not a redneck, so who cares.

cadmonkey
07-10-2006, 07:59 AM
Payback is a bitch, kenseth did the same thing to Jeff at Bristol.

Chief Henry
07-10-2006, 08:07 AM
Kenseth checked up a bit because the 42 car was to his right. Someone else posted it here that its all irrelavent anyway because kenseth ran out of gas anyway.

Kenseth let up on the gas with Gorden on his ass and that my friends is an accident 9 times out of 10

Bugeater
07-10-2006, 08:43 AM
It's not a sport and I'm not a redneck, so who cares.
Wow, there's an original thought. If you don't care don't click on the thread dumbass.

DaKCMan AP
07-10-2006, 08:46 AM
Wow, there's an original thought. If you don't care don't click on the thread dumbass.

I care about sharing my opinion on what I believe is a boring exhibition of a non-athletic event. :thumb:

rad
07-10-2006, 09:58 AM
I care about sharing my opinion on what I believe is a boring exhibition of a non-athletic event. :thumb:

Lets see you drive a racecar for that long at that speed in those conditions.

You obviously don't like Nascar,(neither do I for that matter) so what do you know about it's athleticism?

That's what I thought.

DaKCMan AP
07-10-2006, 10:51 AM

You obviously don't like Nascar,(neither do I for that matter) so what do you know about it's athleticism?

That's what I thought.

It takes skill, not athleticism.

alanm
07-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Don't delude yourself. Those guys are better athletes than half the NFL. They have to be for health reasons. On average they lose 15-20 lbs a race.

Sure-Oz
07-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Cole Trickle is the best racer evar!!

DaKCMan AP
07-10-2006, 11:23 AM
Don't delude yourself. Those guys are better athletes than half the NFL. They have to be for health reasons. On average they lose 15-20 lbs a race.

Oh, I know it. Many of them are great athletes. However, the best driver with the best car wins, and driving is a skill that does not require athleticism.

burt
07-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Jeff Gordon is not a punk. He's a Rump Ranger.

You have, obviously, NOT seen his ex. or current........

Sfeihc
Jeff Gordon has needed an a$$-kicking for a long time.

alanm
Cole Trickle is dead. The character was modeled after Alan Kulwicki. He died in a crash about 12 yrs ago. :shake:

vailpass
07-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Any "sport" that has it's origin in the moonshine running toothless hillbillies of Kentucky and Virginia has GOT to have an interesting fan base.

chief husker
07-10-2006, 11:49 AM

Rubbin is racin.

rad
07-10-2006, 12:05 PM

Golf takes skill, not athleticism. Is that not a sport?

Sure-Oz
07-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Cole Trickle is dead. The character was modeled after Alan Kulwicki. He died in a crash about 12 yrs ago. :shake:
i loved days of thunder and didnt know that, crazy! :shake:

DaKCMan AP
07-10-2006, 12:19 PM

Golf takes skill AND athleticism.

cadmonkey
07-10-2006, 12:26 PM

The Drivers maintain a constant heart rate of around 170 beats per minute for over 3 hours, the only other sport that can say that is cycling.

Don't say these guys are not athletes. I'm f*cking tired of people thinking you can only be an athlete in a sport that uses a ball. Seriously, open up your f*cking minds to other things.

True, some of the drivers look a bit fat and out of shape but that never stopped people from calling John Daley, John Kruk, David Ortiz, 99.9% of NFL linemen athletes.

DaKCMan AP
07-10-2006, 12:30 PM
The Drivers maintain a constant heart rate of around 170 beats per minute for over 3 hours, the only other sport that can say that is cycling.

Don't say these guys are not athletes. I'm f*cking tired of people thinking you can only be an athlete in a sport that uses a ball. Seriously, open up your f*cking minds to other things.

True, some of the drivers look a bit fat and out of shape but that never stopped people from calling John Daley, John Kruk, David Ortiz, 99.9% of NFL linemen athletes.

If you look up a few posts I said that many of them are great athletes. That, however, does not make racing an athletic sport/event.

And there are many sports that don't require the use of a ball: track, swimming, rowing, wrestling (not that fake crap) to name a few.

Calcountry
07-10-2006, 01:07 PM
throwing the bottles was just a classless act Tapping somebody at that speed is a case of high skill and athleticism, battling it out for scarce real estate.

Head butting somebody on the soccer field, now that is classless.

Garcia Bronco
07-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Race car drivers are not athletes at all...dehydrating yourself doesn't make you an athlete...however..it is a sport...and a dangerous one. Those guys are not weak hearted or minded.

Garcia Bronco
07-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Golf players are at best semi-athletes

Calcountry
07-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Race car drivers are not athletes at all...dehydrating yourself doesn't make you an athlete...however..it is a sport...and a dangerous one. Those guys are not weak hearted or minded.You are not only completely full of yourself, but full of shit to make a statement like that.

Calcountry
07-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Golf players are at best semi-athleteshere is another one.

You are joke dude. Rediculous.

What constitutes an athlete in your mind? Somebody who is on roids, all ripped out like, like, Homo NOW ski?

vailpass
07-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Golf players are at best semi-athletes

Tiger Woods' wife gives me a semi at least.

Calcountry
07-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Tiger Woods' wife gives me a semi at least.I wanna hear what the "at worst" assesment of golfers athleticism is.

Bugeater
07-10-2006, 03:25 PM
DING! We have a winner! Golf gets a free pass because it's fan base is mostly upper-class elitists. NASCAR gets questioned because it's fans are generally from the lower end of the socio-economic scale.

Calcountry
07-10-2006, 03:37 PM
DING! We have a winner! Golf gets a free pass because it's fan base is mostly upper-class elitists. NASCAR gets questioned because it's fans are generally from the lower end of the socio-economic scale.Ding nothing. They both are athletic.

Why must a person wear shoulder pads to be an athlete? According to Garcia that is the true test of an Athlete.

HOMONOWSKI=raw athlete.

In my book, the most awesome feat of athleticism is Takeru Kobayashi, that dude can eat.

Valiant
07-10-2006, 03:41 PM

That's what I thought.

Shit I have seen people play xbox for ten straight hours and not get up and even pee... I think they have a nascar driver beat on athleticism, if those are the qualifications... Bowling, racing, darts are not athletic skills nor ahletic sports...

Valiant
07-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Shit I have seen people play xbox for ten straight hours and not get up and even pee... I think they have a nascar driver beat on athleticism, if those are the qualifications... Bowling, racing, darts are not athletic skills nor ahletic sports...

Shit golf isn't much of a sport outside of walking five miles in four hours.. Wei can outdrive most men with her scrawny arms, just need proper technique and maybe a adam's apple...

Bugeater
07-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Ding nothing. They both are athletic.

Why must a person wear shoulder pads to be an athlete? According to Garcia that is the true test of an Athlete.

HOMONOWSKI=raw athlete.

In my book, the most awesome feat of athleticism is Takeru Kobayashi, that dude can eat.
I meant they are in the same category, no matter which one you put them in. I don't care if someone says racing isn't a sport, as long as they agree that golf isn't either then. Problem is, most people don't see it that way. Golf is accepted as a sport, but NASCAR isn't.

Bugeater
07-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Yeah, you can really feel the g-forces when you're playing a video game. :rolleyes:

rad
07-10-2006, 04:09 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sport

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/athlete

Enjoy your heapin' helpin' of crow.

Calcountry
07-10-2006, 04:13 PM
I meant they are in the same category, no matter which one you put them in. I don't care if someone says racing isn't a sport, as long as they agree that golf isn't either then. Problem is, most people don't see it that way. Golf is accepted as a sport, but NASCAR isn't.They are both sports, and they both require athletes.

Calcountry
07-10-2006, 04:16 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sport

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/athlete

Enjoy your heapin' helpin' of crow.I hope you aren't talking to me? Cause I believe those definitions fit both golfing and racing.

chiefs4me
07-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Jeff Gordon has needed an a$$-kicking for a long time.

has needed????? Who kicked his ass and when did it happen????:rolleyes:

OldTownChief
07-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Yeah, you can really feel the g-forces when you're playing a video game. :rolleyes:

That and I doubt it's 130 degrees in GoChiefs mom's basement.

chiefs4me
07-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Tapping somebody at that speed is a case of high skill and athleticism, battling it out for scarce real estate.

Head butting somebody on the soccer field, now that is classless.

:clap:

Calcountry
07-10-2006, 04:23 PM
That and I doubt it's 130 degrees in GoChiefs mom's basement.I don't know, gamers can tolerate a lot of chit when they are caught up in a game.

Valiant
07-10-2006, 04:49 PM

If they were not straped down with a five point harness and rode the car like a bull G-force might matter, does it take skill to hold onto a railing bar on a roller coaster????

People confuse 'sport' with 'athletics' too much... ****ing eating contests and Flip cup are considered sports for crying out loud..

OldTownChief
07-10-2006, 04:54 PM
If they were not straped down with a five point harness and rode the car like a bull G-force might matter, does it take skill to hold onto a railing bar on a roller coaster????

People confuse 'sport' with 'athletics' too much... ****ing eating contests and Flip cup are considered sports for crying out loud..

You ever rode a bull?

rad
07-10-2006, 04:57 PM
I hope you aren't talking to me? Cause I believe those definitions fit both golfing and racing.

No, not you. It was for those that said they weren't sports.

Calcountry
07-10-2006, 05:18 PM

People confuse 'sport' with 'athletics' too much... ****ing eating contests and Flip cup are considered sports for crying out loud..Kobiyashi is a world famous athlete.

alanm
07-10-2006, 05:43 PM
DING! We have a winner! Golf gets a free pass because it's fan base is mostly upper-class elitists. NASCAR gets questioned because it's fans are generally from the lower end of the socio-economic scale.
Are you kidding me. Have you even seen the prices for NASCAR tickets?
The cheapest ones are about the same as nose bleed tickets at Arrowhead. Down close to the action you're paying upwards of $1000 :eek:

Nzoner
07-10-2006, 06:43 PM

First off my dislike for NASCAR is well known here at CP,however,after taking my first NASCAR ride along a few weeks ago you're analogy is way off because on a coaster you don't have to steer and you can close your eyes.

The ride along didn't make me like NASCAR but it gave me a greater respect for what they do.

GoHuge
07-10-2006, 07:43 PM
So do the non sport non athlete guys think all forms of motorsports are not actual sports? Go strap yourself to a motocross bike and go around a track for a few laps balls out, then say these guys aren't athletes. I've done both (well Petty Driving Experience) but trust me, do it and you'll get it.

OldTownChief
07-10-2006, 07:55 PM
So do the non sport non athlete guys think all forms of motorsports are not actual sports? Go strap yourself to a motocross bike and go around a track for a few laps balls out, then say these guys aren't athletes. I've done both (well Petty Driving Experience) but trust me, do it and you'll get it.

That's why I brought up the bull riding. I've done that and trust me, those guys make MOST NFL players look like pussy's.

Valiant
07-10-2006, 08:29 PM
You ever rode a bull?

Actually about a dozen times, now did I successfully stay on the eight seconds.. no...

I have mastered riding them evil goats though...

Valiant
07-10-2006, 08:34 PM

God I am going to let my redneck side show here.. I used to race fourwheelers back in HS all the time out by Buckner MO, and in Springfield during the summer( tricked banshee and 250r) and to compare that to nascar is a joke... Nascar is like paint drying compared to quads and bikes...

OldTownChief
07-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Actually about a dozen times, now did I successfully stay on the eight seconds.. no...

I have mastered riding them evil goats though...

And you compare riding a bull to driving a car?

Valiant
07-10-2006, 08:54 PM
And you compare riding a bull to driving a car?

No riding a bull requires athletic ability, driving a car does not...

chiefs4me
07-10-2006, 09:00 PM
You ever rode a bull?

yep...:D

wait, does a fake one count???:hmmm:

rad
07-10-2006, 09:52 PM

Not your car....

Apparently that's the only thing you can relate it to.

Valiant
07-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Not your car....

Apparently that's the only thing you can relate it to.

Did you read any of the conversation??? If you didn't you can scroll up and see the differences in opinions of the two sides...

Bugeater
07-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Are you kidding me. Have you even seen the prices for NASCAR tickets?
The cheapest ones are about the same as nose bleed tickets at Arrowhead. Down close to the action you're paying upwards of $1000 :eek:
I'm not necessarily referring to the ones who attend the races as that's changed in the last 10-15 years, I'm referring to the core group of fans that NASCAR has it's roots with.

rad
07-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Did you read any of the conversation??? If you didn't you can scroll up and see the differences in opinions of the two sides...

I read them.

You don't think NASCAR drivers are athletes

And I'm saying you have never driven a racecar.

Valiant
07-10-2006, 11:25 PM
I'm not necessarily referring to the ones who attend the races as that's changed in the last 10-15 years, I'm referring to the core group of fans that NASCAR has it's roots with.

Anybody seen the reality racing show that pits the northern state teams vs. the southern state teams in 20 races...

They have to alter or build the cars for each race/derby/mudrun... This week they have a special kids bus race on a figure 8 track, and a combo car(not sure what it is really called) race that slices the fronts of two cars together in opposite directions and both drivers have to steer the one car... One driver is in the normal position, the other has his car backwards and has to keep the rear steering in control with the front driver...

Last week was a mud run with hills and pits, and the other was a race with cars towing trailers that were destroyable...

Very interesting...

Cartman
07-10-2006, 11:29 PM
NASCAR sux. Bad. "Turn Left." Story over.

Valiant
07-10-2006, 11:33 PM
I read them.

And I have raced atv's on closed and open tracks, and nascar races are creampuff compared to that in their safe, air conditioned, harnessed car.. It takes skill to drive a racecar, it does not take any athletic ability to drive a car...

3hours in a car where it is AC'd in the car or your suit, Helmets have fluid tubes so the drivers to not get dehydrated.. Most have piss pouches... They are strapped into the car so G-force does not whip them around in the cab on sharp turns...

Nascar drivers have the skill and ability to make quick decisions on driving the car, that does not equate into athletic ability... If you think they are athletes then poker, golf, bowling, darts are athletic events also...

Bugeater
07-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Anybody seen the reality racing show that pits the northern state teams vs. the southern state teams in 20 races...

They have to alter or build the cars for each race/derby/mudrun... This week they have a special kids bus race on a figure 8 track, and a combo car(not sure what it is really called) race that slices the fronts of two cars together in opposite directions and both drivers have to steer the one car... One driver is in the normal position, the other has his car backwards and has to keep the rear steering in control with the front driver...

Last week was a mud run with hills and pits, and the other was a race with cars towing trailers that were destroyable...

Very interesting...
Haven't seen that, I suppose it's on SPEED channel and I don't have that.

Bugeater
07-10-2006, 11:44 PM
NASCAR sux. Bad. "Turn Left." Story over.
You suck. Bad. "Neg Rep". Story over.

Cartman
07-10-2006, 11:45 PM
You suck. Bad. "Neg Rep". Story over.

"Neg Rep?" wtf is that?

Bugeater
07-10-2006, 11:48 PM
I read them.

I have a really really hard time calling the drivers "athletes" myself, and I like NASCAR. That's where the sport/not a sport rub begins, but once again, if golfers are athletes, so are the drivers.

Bugeater
07-10-2006, 11:49 PM
"Neg Rep?" wtf is that?
Hold on a second, and then check your profile.

Cartman
07-10-2006, 11:51 PM

I'm a new user. Profile...give me a minute or two.

Bugeater
07-10-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm a new user. Profile...give me a minute or two.

Valiant
07-10-2006, 11:57 PM
Haven't seen that, I suppose it's on SPEED channel and I don't have that.

I think it might be on spike because I do not have speed either..

Bugeater
07-10-2006, 11:59 PM
I think it might be on spike because I do not have speed either..
I do have Spike but I never watch it, maybe I'll look for it. Any idea what the name of the show is?

Cartman
07-11-2006, 12:02 AM

Bugeater? Is that kike for Rump Ranger or something?

Valiant
07-11-2006, 12:02 AM
I have a really really hard time calling the drivers "athletes" myself, and I like NASCAR. That's where the sport/not a sport rub begins, but once again, if golfers are athletes, so are the drivers.

Nascar and racing is a sport.. It is not just a athletic sport, it requires skill and brains not just athletic skill...

A good example imo, is dannika patrick and michelle wei( they are not masculine in any way) yet they compete agianst men and beat them or outhit them regularly.. I know I can out drive Wei maybe once, but that chick technique is awesome and keeps getting better...

But that is my biggest argument is that people confuse that just because it is a sport the peopleare athletic... (****ing wireless keyboardd is pissing me off)

Bowling is not athletic, but to be great at it you needs tons of skills...

Cartman
07-11-2006, 12:03 AM
How come every time I type in fag, it posts as "rump ranger"

Valiant
07-11-2006, 12:04 AM
I do have Spike but I never watch it, maybe I'll look for it. Any idea what the name of the show is?

carpocaylpse and it is on spike...

Bugeater
07-11-2006, 12:05 AM
How come every time I type in Rump Ranger, it posts as "rump ranger"
Because you're a n00b.

Cartman
07-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Because you're a n00b.

And you're a dick. What's your point? Oh, I forgot; you don't have one.

Bugeater
07-11-2006, 12:08 AM
And you're a dick. What's your point? Oh, I forgot; you don't have one.
Which one don't I have, a dick, or a point?

Cartman
07-11-2006, 12:09 AM
Which one don't I have, a dick, or a point?

Okay. That was funny. Don't care who you are.

OldTownChief
07-11-2006, 05:36 AM

I guess I misunderstood you then.

cadmonkey
07-11-2006, 06:46 AM
What I think is funny is that people are getting their panties all up in a bunch because Gordon did something that drivers were doing for years and years in order to win races.

Dale Sr., one race at Bristol if memory serves, spun Terry Labonte into the wall on the final lap inorder to win the race. Everyone saw it, everyone knew it was intentional, and everyone knew Terry would get him back. Dale just had to make sure he didn't let aterry get into a position to do it.

Critics have been beating up on NASCAR for being to watered down lately and now that drivers are making the racing fun again the rip them again.

Gordon is 7th all time in wins and he knows how to do it. He spun Kenseth going into an easy turn not going back onto the back stretch which gets dangerous. He spun him "fair". Gordon and Kenseth are even as of this point.

And over all, coming into these threads simply makes my vagina hurt. I'm tired of dealing with the same old arguments of weather racing is or ins't a sport. If these drivers are or are not athletes. "I do what these guys do everytime I go to the store"

They are driving cars that are twice as heavy and have twice the horsepower of anything we drive..........f*ck it, its really not worth the effort to go into this anymore.

Race car drivers are no better athletes then place kickers and punters but they get a free pass because they play football...........i have been broken!

GoHuge
07-11-2006, 09:46 AM
What I think is funny is that people are getting their panties all up in a bunch because Gordon did something that drivers were doing for years and years in order to win races.

Dale Sr., one race at Bristol if memory serves, spun Terry Labonte into the wall on the final lap inorder to win the race. Everyone saw it, everyone knew it was intentional, and everyone knew Terry would get him back. Dale just had to make sure he didn't let aterry get into a position to do it.

Critics have been beating up on NASCAR for being to watered down lately and now that drivers are making the racing fun again the rip them again.

Gordon is 7th all time in wins and he knows how to do it. He spun Kenseth going into an easy turn not going back onto the back stretch which gets dangerous. He spun him "fair". Gordon and Kenseth are even as of this point.

And over all, coming into these threads simply makes my vagina hurt. I'm tired of dealing with the same old arguments of weather racing is or ins't a sport. If these drivers are or are not athletes. "I do what these guys do everytime I go to the store"

They are driving cars that are twice as heavy and have twice the horsepower of anything we drive..........f*ck it, its really not worth the effort to go into this anymore.

Race car drivers are no better athletes then place kickers and punters but they get a free pass because they play football...........i have been broken!
Couldn't agree more. Gordon Kenseth...Even Steven. Next......