PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer for ''Rocky Balboa''

Hammock Parties
07-10-2006, 06:18 PM
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1445130&sdm=web&qtw=640&qth=400

Not sure what to think...looks like it could REALLY suck but goddamit you just have to love ROCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Fire Me Boy!
07-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Hmmm... I'll probably see it because I like Rocky, but it's probably gonna be kind of sad. I'm at least glad they're acknowledging the fact that he's old and slow. "Blunt force power..."

Sure-Oz
07-10-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm just glad I saw these action stars like him and arnold growing up. He def. looks old as heck, ill likely see it but it probably will suck, but rock 5 sucked and i saw that. He is also doing Rambo also. Not sure if thats a good idea, like arnold doing t3 which was a joke imo. Noticed that Talia Shire isnt in it, wonder why hehe

tk13
07-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Ohhhh yeah. This is what I'm talkin about. As long as it has a real training montage and the music, I'm happy.

Deberg_1990
07-10-2006, 07:18 PM
hahaha......Looks pretty dang good. I guess im just a sucker for 70's and 80 nostalgia. How could you not get worked up over that great Bill Conti score playing over the trailer? This will be a guilty pleasure, i can feel it....

Hammock Parties
07-10-2006, 07:20 PM
I'm going to have to agree with tk and Deberg. I've never seen a Rocky movie in the theater. I'm going to the opening midnight showing (hopefully there will be one) to enjoy it and root for Rocky with a huge crowd. :)

Deberg_1990
07-10-2006, 07:23 PM
I'm going to have to agree with tk and Deberg. I've never seen a Rocky movie in the theater. I'm going to the opening midnight showing (hopefully there will be one) to enjoy it and root for Rocky with a huge crowd. :)

It looks like it doesnt have one original bone in its body. Basically looks like a remake of Rocky, 2, 3 and 4....but oh well....still looks like fun.

Bring on Rambo 4 and Die Hard 4 baby!!

Bwana
07-10-2006, 07:32 PM
On it, looks sweet.

Coach
07-10-2006, 07:33 PM
As long it has that "Eye of the Tiger" music on it.

Halfcan
07-10-2006, 07:43 PM
I will watch it o DVD.

Halfcan
07-10-2006, 07:44 PM
How are they going to do another Rambo-Coloniel Troutman is dead??

4th and Long
07-10-2006, 07:48 PM
As long it has that "Eye of the Tiger" music on it.
I find it amusing that the singer (Dave Bickler) for that group (Survivor) is now the guy that does the background voice for the Budweiser Real Men Of Genius commercials.

I may actually go see this one at the theater. Haven't done that since Rocky II.

tommykat
07-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Tried the link, won't work. Any other ideas?

Hammock Parties
07-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Tried the link, won't work. Any other ideas?

Click this link and install.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=1847&s=66

Then try again.

tommykat
07-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Click this link and install.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=1847&s=66

Then try again.

Tried that and it said not to install...oh well. Thanks anyway.

Hammock Parties
07-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Tried that and it said not to install...oh well. Thanks anyway.

Install it, please.

Mile High Mania
07-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Unless Rocky loses in the end or dies in the ring... you already know how the story ends. Underdog boxer... grass roots type training... against all odds versus a boxer that is bigger and stronger.... Rocky defies the odds.

I'm not interested at all, but I'll watch it when it is played every weekend on TNT or USA in about 3 years.

Halfcan
07-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Unless Rocky loses in the end or dies in the ring... you already know how the story ends. Underdog boxer... grass roots type training... against all odds versus a boxer that is bigger and stronger.... Rocky defies the odds.

I'm not interested at all, but I'll watch it when it is played every weekend on TNT or USA in about 3 years.

More like 3 months, a weekend at the movies, straight to DVD, then HBO, then TNT.

Deberg_1990
07-10-2006, 10:16 PM

Like i mentioned earlier, its basically a remake of all the other Rocky films. Isnt that why we love these films though??? Nobody wants to see a Rocky film stray from the formula that works, because then you end up with Rocky 5 which sucked.

07-10-2006, 10:24 PM

I don't know. I could see them breaking form the format and having him lose a decision or something. I don't expect that but it would be a shocker.

4th and Long
07-10-2006, 10:26 PM
If Balboa doen't die by the end of this movie (in the ring or later from head trauma), I'll be pissed. If they can kill Captain Kirk and not kill Balboa, there's something terribly wrong here.

PastorMikH
07-10-2006, 10:36 PM
I have this strange feeling that he will get whipped to a pulp the entire fight, fall down 2x and get back up saying he ain't going down no more, stand there while the kid hits him in the face, then in the last round knock the kid out. Oh, and his wife will oppose the fight until just before the fight.

I'll probably rent it on DVD to watch, but unless there are a lot of high reviews, that's about all I'll do. Face it, the series has been downhill since Rocky 2.

07-10-2006, 10:38 PM
I have this strange feeling that he will get whipped to a pulp the entire fight, fall down 2x and get back up saying he ain't going down no more, stand there while the kid hits him in the face, then in the last round knock the kid out. Oh, and his wife will oppose the fight until just before the fight.

I'll probably rent it on DVD to watch, but unless there are a lot of high reviews, that's about all I'll do. Face it, the series has been downhill since Rocky 2.

He was at a gravesite laying down flowers, at least it looked like it. Is Talia Shire even in this movie. I have a feeling her character may have passed away due to her absence in the trailer.

4th and Long
07-10-2006, 10:40 PM
He was at a gravesite laying down flowers, at least it looked like it. Is Talia Shire even in this movie. I have a feeling her character may have passed away due to her absence in the trailer.
Coulda been Mick's grave.

tk13
07-10-2006, 10:41 PM

Adrian's supposed to be dead in the movie. So that'll be different.

And actually, if I remember correctly, Stallone wanted to kill Rocky in Rocky V, but the studio said no way, so they had to revise the movie and you saw what they ended up with.

Personally, knowing that, I think that's the kicker to make the movie interesting... they could kill him. We really don't know. Stallone wanted to do it before. I hope they don't, I think that'd be too depressing, but it's possible.

07-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Coulda been Mick's grave.
Thought of that too. It is her absence from the movie that makes me think it is her though. I just checked some of the cast sites and haven't found her name yet.

4th and Long
07-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Adrian's supposed to be dead in the movie. So that'll be different.

And actually, if I remember correctly, Stallone wanted to kill Rocky in Rocky V, but the studio said no way, so they had to revise the movie and you saw what they ended up with.
If the movie were not already in the can, I'd suggest someone register www.balboamustdie.com

Mosbonian
07-10-2006, 10:44 PM
It's been all over the trades that "Adrian" dies in the movie...if you watch the trailer, you see another woman talking to and hugging Rocky.

I'll wait to see more on the movie before I decide to see it in the theater.

I enjoy watching the whole series for the very reason they are made...the underdog wins.

mmaddog

Eleazar
07-10-2006, 10:45 PM
hearts on fire
strong desire

Mosbonian
07-10-2006, 10:49 PM
from rockyfans.com:

"It wasn't immediately clear whether Talia Shire, who appeared in five previous "Rocky" films as the boxer's love interest, Adrian, will return in the sixth installment, said Stuart Herriot, a spokesman with Revolution Studios, which is co-producing the film.

"In the script, she did pass away, but it's unsure whether she might appear in a flashback or in older footage," Herriot said. "It's too early in the production to tell."

mmaddog

Hammock Parties
07-10-2006, 11:04 PM
If Balboa doen't die by the end of this movie (in the ring or later from head trauma), I'll be pissed. If they can kill Captain Kirk and not kill Balboa, there's something terribly wrong here.

Captain Kirk didn't die.

Smoke
07-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Yeah, he didn't and I'm sad I know that fact.

07-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Captain Kirk didn't die.

Explain? I was not aware of this.

And yes I have read the Shatner trek books. They are not offically part of the universe though.

Cartman
07-10-2006, 11:31 PM
"Adrian! eh.....Aaaa--Dri----AANNNNNNNNN!"

Valiant
07-10-2006, 11:34 PM
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1445130&sdm=web&qtw=640&qth=400

Not sure what to think...looks like it could REALLY suck but goddamit you just have to love ROCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

I ****ing hate apple media.. hopeflly imdb.cm has the alternative choic like normal..

****ing wireless mouse is going out...

Hammock Parties
07-10-2006, 11:36 PM
I ****ing hate apple media.. hopeflly imdb.cm has the alternative choic like normal..

Um...just use quicktime alternative.

Cartman
07-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Um...just use quicktime alternative.

You use "QuickTime" for your girlfriends too?

tk13
07-10-2006, 11:38 PM

There's a Windows Media version here. Don't know if that helps you or not.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/rockybalboa.html

Fire Me Boy!
07-11-2006, 06:12 AM
from rockyfans.com:

"It wasn't immediately clear whether Talia Shire, who appeared in five previous "Rocky" films as the boxer's love interest, Adrian, will return in the sixth installment, said Stuart Herriot, a spokesman with Revolution Studios, which is co-producing the film.

"In the script, she did pass away, but it's unsure whether she might appear in a flashback or in older footage," Herriot said. "It's too early in the production to tell."

mmaddog
Why don't people go to IMDB.com? It lists Talia Shire in the cast in "archival footage". She will not be in the film, except in a flashback capacity. I'm sure she'll be in a training montage.

4th and Long
07-11-2006, 06:14 AM
Why don't people go to IMDB.com? It lists Talia Shire in the cast in "archival footage". She will not be in the film, except in a flashback capacity. I'm sure she'll be in a training montage.
i.e., One less cast member for Stalone to put on the payroll.

Baby Lee
07-11-2006, 06:33 AM
I don't know. I could see them breaking form the format and having him lose a decision or something. I don't expect that but it would be a shocker.
Someone needs to watch the first Rocky just once more.

tomahawk kid
07-11-2006, 06:56 AM

I think I read somewhere that she refused to be in the movie, so Stallone killed her off in the script.

Valiant
07-11-2006, 07:04 AM
There's a Windows Media version here. Don't know if that helps you or not.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/rockybalboa.html

Imdb had the windows version like normal...

Seriously Gochiefs you use Quicktime, makes me feel sick just thinking about that crap media player...

Valiant
07-11-2006, 07:05 AM
I think I read somewhere that she refused to be in the movie, so Stallone killed her off in the script.

I would have killed her too, that has to be the world's uglyiest leading lady...

InChiefsHeaven
07-11-2006, 07:18 AM
I would have killed her too, that has to be the world's uglyiest leading lady...
I disagree, by Rocky III she was much better looking.

Roseanne, now that is one ugly leading lady...

chagrin
07-11-2006, 07:42 AM
Can someone please post this in another format. My fuggin job will not let me download the latest activeX or flash, etc. DAMNIT!!!!!

Iowanian
07-11-2006, 07:58 AM
They screwed the pooch on this idea.

If Sylvester wanted to rejuvenate the Rocky franchise, what he should have done, was start
training his Son....to begin his first shot at the title vs Clubber Lang's illegitimate son.

Hammock Parties
07-11-2006, 08:05 AM
Imdb had the windows version like normal...

Seriously Gochiefs you use Quicktime, makes me feel sick just thinking about that crap media player...

What?

I don't use quicktime.

I use quicktime alternative. It's free, fast, and works perfectly.

kepp
07-11-2006, 10:18 AM

Think of it like rooting for Plummer every year.

KingPriest2
07-11-2006, 10:57 AM

This is a production pic

I believe this is after the fight

KingPriest2
07-11-2006, 11:28 AM
http://www.rockybalboaassets.com/RBB/movies/rocky_titles_high.rm

KingPriest2
07-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Clubber Lang to Return
20/09/2005

Former THE A TEAM star MR T is set to reprise his role of CLUBBER LANG in the upcoming ROCKY VI film.

The 1980s icon played ROCKY BALBOA's tough, non-nonsense opponent in ROCKY III and he'll reteam with SYLVESTER STALLONE in the latest instalment of the boxing film franchise.

According to movie gossip website www.moviehole.net, Mr T, real name LAWRENCE TUREAUD - won't be the only former Rocky star returning for the new movie - RICHARD GANT and BURT YOUNG are also set to return for the sixth film.

Stallone has been creating interest for the movie, which

KingPriest2
07-11-2006, 11:35 AM
The Stax Report on Rocky Balboa
Exclusive first look at the sixth installment!
by Stax
November 4, 2005 - Stax here with an exclusive first look at Rocky Balboa! Sylvester Stallone has written and will star in and direct Rocky Balboa, the sixth installment in the franchise that launched with the 1976 Best Picture winner. Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Columbia Pictures and Revolution Studios will bankroll the movie; Columbia will distribute it. Filming begins next month in L.A. and Philadelphia.

Now issuing a MINOR SPOILER alert ...

"Rocky Balboa is about everybody who feels they want to participate in the race of life, rather than be a bystander," Stallone announced. "You're never too old to climb a mountain, if that's your desire."

Revolution Studios founder Joe Roth added, "As a past champion, Rocky Balboa is once again a regular guy who has to find himself and deal with real life. This film brings Rocky's story full circle."

Indeed, from the draft I read, Rocky Balboa, like Rocky V before it (the last "last Rocky movie"), returns "The Italian Stallion" to his Philly roots and strips him of his fortune but not his fame. Rocky now runs a restaurant where patrons come in just to hear some old fight stories. Yearning for a shot at proving to himself that he still has it, Rocky manages to get relicensed as a fighter. This move catches the attention of the camp of heavyweight champ Mason Dixon. After a recent computer match-up had Rocky beating Dixon (shades of the Rocky Marciano-Muhammad Ali computer bout), the possibility of a real match-up proves too enticing for both parties to resist.

The bout isn't for the title. It's meant for publicity and charity, nothing more. (Dixon needs to boost his image and to get the pay-per-view and moneymaking crowd interested in him again after a series of all too easy fights.) But what was supposed to just be for show soon takes on a greater meaning for both men. If Rocky does indeed want to unload and get into a real fight with Dixon then the champ will have no qualms about shutting him down ... or so he hopes.

There are several returning characters, most notably Paulie (Burt Young) and Rocky's son. The latter is called Robert Jr. here and will not be played this time by Sly's own son, Sage, as he was in Rocky V. I can confirm that the script even includes a cameo by Mr. T's Clubber Lang, just as Ringside Report recently claimed.

The most surprising cameo, however, was by a character who appeared way back in the first Rocky. Mickey? No. Apollo Creed? Nope, he's dead, too. I'm not saying who it is as I liked the reveal but their inclusion added a nice level of poignancy and nostalgia. As Roth said in his statement, this sequel does indeed bring Rocky's saga full circle.

Rocky Balboa is about rediscovering one's self-esteem. Rocky himself doesn't seem to suffer from any real lack of confidence but he knows he's not the dinosaur people are making him out to be and wants another chance to prove it. Rocky is essentially a kind-hearted, working class schmoe out to make people feel better and more confident about themselves, strolling the blue collar streets of Philly ready to dispense a chestnut of wisdom to someone in need.

In other words, he's the Italian-American Fat Albert.

Rocky's son Robert is the one who really seems to have lost his fighting spirit. Robert, who has pursued an office career, is trying to make his own way in the world and, as with all sons of famous fathers, lives in the shadow of a larger-than-life figure.

Theirs is not really an estranged or difficult father-son relationship – there's clearly love between them – but Robert is oversensitive to people's judgments about himself and his father. He's simply trying to blend in and everytime his father shows up, he is judged against him and embarrassed by the spectacle. Rocky, for his part, wants to shake Robert out of the complacency that has made him grow soft.

Even the "antagonist" of the piece, heavyweight champ Mason Dixon, isn't all bad. He knows he's grown soft, too, living large and all that. He is a brand to people now not a man. This fight presents a challenge to him; even though everyone says he can take Rocky in his sleep, Rocky's fear and spirit give him an edge that Mason has lost.

Mortality plays a large role in this story. Obviously, Rocky's age is an issue but there are other ghosts from the past haunting these proceedings. The most notable is one that I won't disclose but it should be obvious since their name hasn't been mentioned here or in any news reports thus far. It's a bold exclusion that humanizes Rocky even more.

My biggest gripes with the story was its leisurely pace and Rocky's penchant for playing street philosopher. While it wasn't boring, the story doesn't really take off until Rocky goes for his license a little over halfway through. Then we're basically jumping right into the action; the last act is the big fight. There were a few scenes, particularly between Rocky and Robert Jr., that ambled on a little too long where Rocky kept dispensing one-liners about believing in yourself and such. A little tightening up would be good.

Overall, though, Rocky Balboa was a simple but enjoyable stroll down memory lane. Like an aging fellow, it moved a little slower and rambled on more than its younger self did but it's also wiser and more seasoned now. While it wasn't as bombastic and fresh as past installments, I'd advise you against making the same mistake as the champ's opponents have by counting Rocky Balboa out. – STAX

KingPriest2
07-11-2006, 11:45 AM
A Look At The "Rocky VI" Script
Posted: Sunday April 16th, 2006 12:57pm
Source: Dark Horizons
Author: Garth Franklin

'Elijah' has sent in this very thorough review and breakdown of the "Rocky Balboa" film script, giving us a glimpse at what we can expect late 2006/early 2007:

"The cover reads "Rocky VI". The title has changed since then, and lets hope this is not the shooting script. I am one of those who didn't necesarily HATE Rocky V. For better or worse, that is pretty much the only direction the story could have gone at that time (supposing one must make a Rocky V). Sure watching Tommy Morrison try to act is enough to give one AIDS (it happened once to a guy I knew), but otherwise its OK. In theory, Rocky V: not a bad idea. So we have Rocky VI. And its really Rocky I and V rolled into one. "Rocky Balboa" in ways is a stand alone film. One could almost watch this with total disregard for the other five movies.

This is really the story of what one does with the rest of their life after their soulmate has died. What does one do when your boy's all grown up, your love is long gone, few friends surround you, and all that's left are stories of who you once were? And for the first half of the script, it is a heavy-handed stroll down memory lane. It mostly consists of Rocky saying "Remember this from Rocky 1? Remember that from Rocky 1?". A reluctant Paulie placates Rocko' as he follows him around visiting all the landmarks of Rocky lore. The good thing is Paulie is still Paulie. If anything, he's got his shit way more together than Rocky does. Paulie is resigned to a life in the meat factory (yep, THAT meat factory). But the point is, he's trying to move on and face the same shit one just faces in life. Rocky simply lives in the past. Tellin' stories about fights with Creed and things Mickey said, all while grilling up some steaks in his own little "Rocky's" restraunt. And so, round and round the first half of the script goes.

It should be noted though, that the absence of Adrian is sort of liberating in a way. With the death of Mickey and Apollo, the death of Adrian is the next logical step. But also as a narrative device, Adrian has always tended to stop the plot to a grinding halt. In all the movies, her "dont do it/you can do it" mumbo jumbo is what MADE the others so predictable and formulaic. Without her, Rocky and indeed the plot come off a little...lost. But I think Stallone knows what he is doing by doing this. Not since Rocky 1, has a Rocky movie been so much about character study. I get down on the first half of the story only because it is a bit heavy handed and repetitious with the whole "Remember Rocky 1?" motif. Yeah we remember it. How about Rocky VI? But again in theory, Stallone is on the right track. I personally hope the rewrites reflect this.

And then there's the second half. Rocky reapplies for his boxing license, reinvigorated to see that an ESPN computer simulated matchup estimates that Rocky would beat current champ Mason "The Line" Dixon. Holy shit. Mason "the Line" Dixon. Holy shit. What parent would name their kid that? Apparently the same type that would name theirs Apollo Creed, Clubber Lang, Ivan Drago, Tommy Gunn or Union Cane. But given the tone of THIS STORY it just seems a little...gratuitous. Speaking of which, there is indeed a training montage but I somehow doubt we'll get any tacky (though highly motivational) power-rock thrown over this one. Again the tone of this film (aside from the strolls down memory lane) does not scream SEQUEL. I think this will be a different movie. Less self-absorbed, less faithful to the Rocky conventions (in all their tackiness). but shit what do I know. The guys name is Mason the Line Dixon and Rocky is gonna need a training montage to protect himself from getting ****ed up.

From here we see how Rocky's renewed course in life affects those around him. Paulie realizes that resigning himself to waste away is not the same thing as "living". He's in, all-or-nothing with Rocky on this final trip. Rocky befriends MARIE and her wayward son. This is the same Marie that Rocky walked home in Rocky 1. This, my friends, is where Stallone brings it home. Thematically, the Rocky/Marie relationship is the point of the entire Rocky story (all six movies). Not Adrian, but little Marie. What did Rocky try to tell her? "They wont remember you, they'll just remember the rep. I'm gonna use a bad word: Whore.../ Screw you Rocky!" Marie has since, blown it. She didn't take his advice. Stallone wonderfully introduces Marie (before we know she's "Marie"): She's a woman who looks like she's made one too many mistakes in her life." She doesn't really act as the replacement Adrian, and appropriately no romantic relationship develops between her and Rocky, but she is the female lead. And her unexpected re-involvement in the story really, to me, spells out the simple point of the whole Rocky saga: It's never too late to start doing something with your life. Or to at least TRY to do start doing something with your life. Paulie and Marie and her son help Rocky on his unlikely way back to the ring.

Some shortcomings: Robert. Rocky's son. What a punk-ass bitch. I wanted to reach into the script and beat the shit out of this guy. Or at least shake him. Hitting is wrong. What a prick. How many times does this guy give his dad the cold shoulder? Inexplicably he's somewhat embarassed by his father. Robert has gone corporate. Totally un-involved with 'the streets' or boxing. He is embarassed by his father's latest stunt to return to the ring, despite the fact that his co-workers think his father is the shiz-nit. Eventually he comes around and joins Rocky's team. Yay. Sort of a forgetable development. AND...

Mason Dixon. He has a little more heart than Apollo but essentially his situation is the same as Apollo's and Union Cane. In fact he seems to be Union Cane from Rocky V redux. Another black champ whose all glam and "got no respect" according to critics. Here I feel, Stallone missed an opportunity. He once again took the road most travelled. Mason isn't a bad guy per se, he's just the same whiny bitch that Union, Tommy, and Apollo were. Like Rocky, he has something to prove, and Stallone nicely hammers that point. But still, one wishes (and by one, I mean me) that Stallone could have whipped up a far different type of contender. Mason need not be a supervillain like Drago or Clubber, and indeed he's not portrayed as such. Stallone writes it as if its two good guys fighting to make the same point. Mason is a little more down-to-Earth than Apollo. He's not an angry young buck. But if Stallone wanted to pair Rocky up against another decent guy, why not throw out all the rest of the cliches that hobble Mason? Aren't there ever any motivating factors for a black athlete in the Rocky movies other than "respect". It's been done to death.

AND.....SPOILER SPOILER

Rocky doesn't die. In this draft, the fight comes to a standstill just like in Rocky 1 (nice touch). Mason breaks his hand during the fight but fights on. This is wonderful because it gives Mason some heart. Oh and Clubber makes a cameo as one of the commentators on the fight. Seems that Clubber went on a downward spiral after his loss in Rocky III and has since found Christ. Anyway back to my eventual qualm: Mason wins by decision. That's fine, Rocky made his point. BUT. This whole script sort of lends itself to Rocky dying. I know Stallone initially drafted Rocky to die in Rocky V, and so that idea must still be floating in his head. But Rocky V wasn't building to his death. Was a good move on the producer's part to nix that idea. "Balboa" however deserves that ending. It deals far more with mortality, usefullness, uselessness and at-long-last reunions than any of the other movies. It just feels as if Rocky deserves to go. He wants to be with Adrian. I'm not dead-set on Rocky dying. It just feels that thematically and tonally Stallone could get away with it in this story. And to start cracking jokes about a Rocky VII would unduly undermine the point of "Balboa". But apparently Stallone has shot four endings for the movie. Maybe he'll sneak Rocky's death into one of those and try it out in post.

THE FINAL ANALYSIS

Tighten up Mason's character, tone down on Robert's dickishness, and ease up on the first half with all the Rocky 1/Adrian stuff and Stallone could have a fine Rocky film on his hands. In terms of characterization its second only to Rocky 1. The fight ranks high but more so in an emotional sense rather than a situational one (i.e. Drago). Bottom line I'd say it's better than Rocky V. With the best possible rewrites it could be a more important/interesting/inspiring story than Rocky 2 or 3. Nothing beats the original. And Rocky IV is just ****ing out of this world, as we all know. Funny to think the Rocky that I read in Rocky VI is the same guy who went to Russia and wiped Ivan Drago's super-blood from his brow with the American flag. That movie has so much Survivor pumping through it's balls-to-the-wall "I'm gonna get you" veins that I don't think anything compares. Holyshit. I'm gonna go watch Rocky IV right now. Till then, don't fear for "Rocky Balboa". It's going to be okay".

KingPriest2
07-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Rocky's Ring Record

YoPaulie

Kissimmee,FL
ADD TO FRIENDS
VOTE FOR ME
E-MAIL ME

POSTED Saturday, April 22, 2006 08:59:39 AM
What is Rocky's record? I think his record is 56-22. When he fights Creed the first time and he is entering the ring the announcer says that he is 44-20. He loses that fight to Creed, therefore 44-21. He then beats Creed and becomes the champ at 45-21. In Rocky III he is said to have successfully defended the title 10 times (55-21) before losing to Clubber (55-22). He then beats Clubber (56-22), becoming a two time heavyweight champ. From what I understand that is his final fight because the fight in Rocky IV is an exhibition. I don't remember if he had any fights prior to that in Rocky IV or if he retires after the second Clubber Lang fight. Anyone have any idea about knockouts? I didn't catch the number in his introduction in the first Creed fight and I think all ten defences were knockouts, they show clippings of all defences in he beginning of Rocky III. Creed II and Lang II were also KOs. Anyone?

Fire Me Boy!
07-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Wow... somebody has a lot of time to waste today.

Predarat
07-11-2006, 04:36 PM
I'll probably just because its Rocky. Most likely a matinee, hell 5 bucks for a bad movie isnt terrible considering i've paid 50 bucks to watch some bad football.

mikey23545
07-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Yep, I'm a sucker for a Rocky movie. I'm sure I'll go see it.

Anybody who doesn't think the original "Rocky" was one of the best sports movies ever made is all messed up, or just "too cool", or dead inside.
That movie always brought up the same feeling inside of me that got me rooting for a young upstart league's entry in Super Bowl I, and started a lifelong fanaticism for Red and Gold which persists to this day....

Thig Lyfe
07-14-2006, 10:40 PM
The most pathetic part of the whole trailer is how they pretend that boxing is still relevant.