PDA

View Full Version : It's Official. Women no longer need us.

4th and Long
07-11-2006, 06:09 AM
Women could make sperm
:spock: :banghead: :cuss:
[Posted: Tue 11/07/2006]

A new scientific breakthrough may lead to women in future being able to produce sperm.

Scientists in England have turned stem cells from am embryo into sperm which are capable of producing offspring.

The breakthrough is likely to lead to new advances in treating male infertility and even the possibility that women could manufacture sperm.

http://www.irishhealth.com/content/image/9863/image001.jpg

The researchers at Newcastle University say that the advance, when developed further, could help men with certain types of infertility to become fertile and even one day could enable a lesbian couple to have children that genetically would be their own.

The experiment used embryo cells to produce seven baby mice, six of whom lived into adulthood, although the survivors suffered adverse events of the kind seen in cloning experiments.

The researchers isolated embryonic stem cells from an embryo only a few days old consisting of a cluster of cells. The cells were grown in a laboratory and screened to isolate the spermatogonial stem calls which were grown and then injected into female mouse eggs and grown in early stage embryos.

The research team says its project will aid the understanding of the biological process through which sperm is produced, which should help in the future treatment of infertility.

It is hoped that this new knowledge could be translated into treatments for men whose sperm is dysfunctional, although could be some years into the future.

The research was published in the journal Developmental Cell.

http://www.irishhealth.com/?level=4&id=9863

KCFalcon59
07-11-2006, 06:49 AM
The end is near!!!!!!

ROYC75
07-11-2006, 06:57 AM
You mean now they won't want any milkshakes ? :eek:

Braincase
07-11-2006, 07:20 AM
Correction: Women no longer need you.

They'll always want me around... :p

Lonewolf Ed
07-11-2006, 07:25 AM
Interesting. But, without men around, who will they get to take out the trash, whose spirit will they break, and so forth?

jspchief
07-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Interesting. But, without men around, who will they get to take out the trash, whose spirit will they break, and so forth?Yep.

Without men to vent on, their cat-fighting will run them into extinction within a few decades.

ck_IN
07-11-2006, 08:06 AM
And who will open their jars and get their chocolate at absurd hours when they're feeling crampy?

Simplex3
07-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Yep.

Without men to vent on, their cat-fighting will run them into extinction within a few decades.
Dude, just ask them and they'll tell you all about how much better the world would be if they ran it.

Of course wars would last forever, you'd fight them against your allies, and be fought over people wearing white shoes after Labor Day, but all of that is perfectly reasonable. Oh, and don't forget the monthly nuking we'd all endure, you selfish A**HOLE!

Logical
07-11-2006, 08:21 AM
Good to see scientific advances such as this with Stem Cells. We really need to get off the dime in the US and start allowing full blown stem cell research.

Gonzo
07-11-2006, 08:25 AM
Well, at least we know GoChiefs life won't change much.

Stinger
07-11-2006, 08:45 AM
Good to see scientific advances such as this with Stem Cells. We really need to get off the dime in the US and start allowing full blown stem cell research.

Not to turn this political (not my intention) but is it not already legal to do full stem cell research, they just can't use government money to fund it. But the private sector is still allowed to do it fully? Just asking (once again not trying to bait a political discussion)

Moooo
07-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Not to turn this political (not my intention) but is it not already legal to do full stem cell research, they just can't use government money to fund it. But the private sector is still allowed to do it fully? Just asking (once again not trying to bait a political discussion)

Yes, sir.

Moooo

Hammock Parties
07-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Well, at least we know GoChiefs life won't change much.

Who will they get to fix their computers?

HemiEd
07-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Not worried, who is going to change the oil and keep the car clean. :D

Moooo
07-11-2006, 08:58 AM
I'll start worrying whenever this technology becomes cheaper than a dinner and a dozen roses. Until then, I think guys are safe.

Moooo

Hammock Parties
07-11-2006, 09:01 AM
Women still need a good deep-dicking once in awhile. I mean, so I've been told.

Logical
07-11-2006, 09:15 AM
Yes, sir.

Moooo

Not true, only research based on a very old batch of stem cells is allowed. No harvesting of new stem cells is allowed at this point in time.

noa
07-11-2006, 09:17 AM
I support any technology that encourages more lesbianism.

sedated
07-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Women still need a good deep-dicking once in awhile. I mean, so I've been told.

sure, vibrators will get her off

but whose gonna pin her against a wall, give her a good spankin, flip her around, and go to town?

luv
07-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Not worried, who is going to change the oil and keep the car clean. :D
Auto Magic/Jiffy Lube?

Rain Man
07-11-2006, 09:33 AM
sure, vibrators will get her off

but whose gonna pin her against a wall, give her a good spankin, flip her around, and go to town?

The mailman?

luv
07-11-2006, 09:34 AM
I'll start worrying whenever this technology becomes cheaper than a dinner and a dozen roses. Until then, I think guys are safe.

Moooo
Now there's logic you can't argue with.

BIG_DADDY
07-11-2006, 09:37 AM
As if the world wasn't being femanized fast enough.

Yellowbutter72
07-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Women can take their cars to Wal-Mart to have the oil changed and they can go to a car wash to clean the car!!! That is not what we need men for!

jspchief
07-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Women can take their cars to Wal-Mart to have the oil changed and they can go to a car wash to clean the car!!! That is not what we need men for!So when you get your oil changed at Walmart, does the Oil Fairy do it?

HemiEd
07-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Women can take their cars to Wal-Mart to have the oil changed and they can go to a car wash to clean the car!!!

But, but who is going to remind them to do this? :p

luv
07-11-2006, 10:52 AM
I take mine in every 3000 miles. Tune-up every 10,000 miles. Brakes and tires as needed. I need tires and an alignment very soon, but I'm trying to hold out until March or April when I get my car paid off. Then I'll have the extra money to get it done. By then, my brakes will probably need to be checked, too.

Fish
07-11-2006, 10:58 AM

I expect in a woman's world..... they will simply turn automobiles and other such "complicated" devices into disposable units.....

When the car/mower/microwave quits working..... get a new one.......

I've seen many a woman use this technique already....

Coach
07-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Ah great. The pussification continues. :shake:

luv
07-11-2006, 10:59 AM
I expect in a woman's world..... they will simply turn automobiles and other such "complicated" devices into disposable units.....

When the car/mower/microwave quits working..... get a new one.......

I've seen many a woman use this technique already....
Some of us know about preventive maintenance.

HemiEd
07-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Some of us know about preventive maintenance.

I am impressed, really! You are the exception.

StcChief
07-11-2006, 11:55 AM
I take mine in every 3000 miles. Tune-up every 10,000 miles. Brakes and tires as needed. I need tires and an alignment very soon, but I'm trying to hold out until March or April when I get my car paid off. Then I'll have the extra money to get it done. By then, my brakes will probably need to be checked, too.

If you need alignment and tires.. Next March/April can't come fast enough. Alignment or real bad tires will happen quick. Might want to think about that before then or you 'll wreck on a wet day with tires wearing on edges.

3000 oil change ...good

10K Tuneup ? what have they told requires this?

Front brake rotor pads ~60K

Free honest advise...Get ready be really taken to the cleaners regarding your car without Men around.

luv
07-11-2006, 12:18 PM
If you need alignment and tires.. Next March/April can't come fast enough. Alignment or real bad tires will happen quick. Might want to think about that before then or you 'll wreck on a wet day with tires wearing on edges.

3000 oil change ...good

10K Tuneup ? what have they told requires this?

Front brake rotor pads ~60K

Free honest advise...Get ready be really taken to the cleaners regarding your car without Men around.
Tune-up isn't every 10,000 miles? I guess I just get mine inspected every other year. For me, that's about 10,000 miles. In April, the guy told me that I would be ready for new tires soon, and that my brake pads were wearing unevenly.

Whenever I take my car in, I always ask the guy if that's the quote somewhere else is going to give my boyfriend when he has time to take it somewhere else (I don't have a boyfriend, but they don't know that).

StcChief
07-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Tune-up isn't every 10,000 miles? I guess I just get mine inspected every other year. For me, that's about 10,000 miles. In April, the guy told me that I would be ready for new tires soon, and that my brake pads were wearing unevenly.

Whenever I take my car in, I always ask the guy if that's the quote somewhere else is going to give my boyfriend when he has time to take it somewhere else (I don't have a boyfriend, but they don't know that).

In the future (without men)......:rolleyes: The fake boy friend story won't work...

10K year pretty low miles. check your car manual in the 'regular' service level. With low miles/year option applies here.

Uneven break wear. sounds like a caliper may be sticking a bit. which may cause it to seem like alignment issue.

I find buying the life time alignment (Firestone) for $120 pays for it self after two trips. I do it twice a year....

luv
07-11-2006, 12:26 PM
In the future (without men)......:rolleyes: The fake boy friend story won't work...

10K year pretty low miles. check your car manual in the 'regular' service level. With low miles/year option applies here.

Uneven break wear. sounds like a caliper may be sticking a bit. which may cause it to seem like alignment issue.

I find buying the life time alignment (Firestone) for $120 pays for it self after two trips. I do it twice a year....
I couldn't imagine life without men. I may not have one of my own, but they come in handy everywhere. I don't think you guys have anything to worry about.

How expensive would the caliper thing be to fix, if that's what it is?

StcChief
07-11-2006, 12:35 PM
I couldn't imagine life without men. I may not have one of my own, but they come in handy everywhere. I don't think you guys have anything to worry about.

How expensive would the caliper thing be to fix, if that's what it is?

Front brake caliper may just need cleaning. But if you take off the wheel just go ahead to look at it / clean it. The may fix it. Replacement already? How many miles? Front brake pads ~$50 (ceramic) for both wheels. Out of warantee?

Will they need to grind rotor? Hopefully not needing replacment. some cars put on factory cheap ones....can't really be ground more than once.

Install? Total everything (parts/labor) < $200

bogie
07-11-2006, 12:38 PM
So if my wife says she wants another baby, I can say go **** yourself and she'll say okay.

luv
07-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Front brake caliper may just need cleaning. But if you take off the wheel just go ahead to look at it / clean it. The may fix it. Replacement already? How many miles? Front brake pads ~$50 (ceramic) for both wheels. Out of warantee?

Will they need to grind rotor? Hopefully not needing replacment. some cars put on factory cheap ones....can't really be ground more than once.

Install? Total everything (parts/labor) < $200
They're not squeaking yet. That's usually when I take it in for brakes. If they haven't even started squeaking yet, then they shouldn't need new rotors, should they? I just want to get it checked out since the guy that inspected my car said they were wearing unevenly. I know it's time for new tires. It's been a few years since I got new ones, and they sometimes squeal when turning corners.

Thanks for the advice.

StcChief
07-11-2006, 12:40 PM
So if my wife says she wants another baby, I can say go **** yourself and she'll say okay.

Yep.... Next step is the 'Hot Beef injector' do it yourself pregency kit.

Can you say Asexual reproduction.

The Rick
07-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Crap! There goes my ability to say to my wife when she tells me she wants another baby:

"Huh? What? YOU are in need MY sperm? I don't know about that. I kind of have a headache. Plus, I'm not really in the mood. And, I just don't know if I have the energy tonight for that."

Of course, then I get over it pretty quickly...

StcChief
07-11-2006, 04:07 PM
They're not squeaking yet. That's usually when I take it in for brakes. If they haven't even started squeaking yet, then they shouldn't need new rotors, should they? I just want to get it checked out since the guy that inspected my car said they were wearing unevenly. I know it's time for new tires. It's been a few years since I got new ones, and they sometimes squeal when turning corners.

Thanks for the advice.

Well....squeeking is the brake pad wear indicator, usually means 5K miles. more left on brakes.

If uneven wear is happening (inside / outside rotor pad)
It could be the wheel bearing is wearing out. angled wear on pad.

If pad wear is straight across and just inside/outside pad wearing more... not wheel bearing. likely caliper hanging up at times.

you might hear that with window down radio off after car warms up a few brake stops.... hanging caliper piston will cause brake noise. rubbing sound.

Yellowbutter72
07-11-2006, 04:11 PM
When you buy a car the dealership gives you a book on regular maintenance so that should be a no brainer!! :)

BucEyedPea
07-11-2006, 05:43 PM
That means men are still left for:
• removing hard-to-twist ketchup bottle tops
• getting things from shelves that are too high

:D

VonneMarie
07-11-2006, 05:46 PM
We never needed you.

Coach
07-11-2006, 05:53 PM
We never needed you.

Lies. All lies. :p

VonneMarie
07-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Lies. All lies. :p
Why do you think they invented toys? :p

listopencil
07-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Why do you think they invented toys? :p

Because a woman masturbating is incredibly hot.

FringeNC
07-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Once the personal shrink android is invented, that's when women really won't need us.

BucEyedPea
07-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Once the personal shrink android is invented, that's when women really won't need us.

:huh: What?
Bounce those kinda problems off a man?

No way...NEVER works...because men are too goal orientated and think those things are supposed to be solved.:shake:

That just ain't right! :harumph:

:D

Yellowbutter72
07-11-2006, 07:53 PM
I think the men in here are getting a bad rap. If you really love the man you are with, isn't that need enough?

THE KING
07-11-2006, 08:10 PM
That sucks.