PDA

View Full Version : I wish I liked watching baseball

bogie
07-11-2006, 01:57 PM
But I don't! I'm really, really, really, really, really, really, really, tired of it! It dominates all the sports shows. HomeRun Derby...YAWN, All Star game YAWN! The season is sooooo long and there are sooooo many games. I'd rather watch a dominoes tournament. Football can't get here soon enough for me.

bogie
07-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Cool, the All-Star game is going to start soon!

bogie
07-11-2006, 05:06 PM
21 first time All-Stars. Must be a bad year for veteran baseball players.

bogie
07-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Manny Ramirez not playing. Manny being Manny.

4th and Long
07-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Manny Ramirez not playing. Manny being Manny.
ManRam

bogie
07-11-2006, 05:10 PM
The announcers are saying the All-Star game isn't important. I thought the winner got home field advantage during the World Series. Sounds kind of important to me.

bogie
07-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Is Ozzie Guillen the manager for AL? How do managers get chosen? Now that I think of it, how do players get chosen? Do the fans vote like on American Idol?

bogie
07-11-2006, 05:15 PM
ManRam

Out with a knee infury. The comissioner isn't happy about it. Neither is Ortiz.

Miles
07-11-2006, 05:15 PM
21 first time All-Stars. Must be a bad year for veteran baseball players.

More like lots of great young players this year.

bogie
07-11-2006, 05:17 PM
More like lots of great young players this year.

Sounds like a lot of the veterans don't want to play in the All-Star game. I heard they ask them if they want to be on the ballot before they send the ballots out. Is that true?

Fish
07-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Is Ozzie Guillen the manager for AL? How do managers get chosen? Now that I think of it, how do players get chosen? Do the fans vote like on American Idol?

Well if you liked baseball you'd probably know........

They give out ballots at all the MLB games a month or so before the All-Star break..... you can vote and turn in the ballot...

Or they have an on-line system set up now...

bogie
07-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Pujols is a monster. .319 batting average.

Sure-Oz
07-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Freddy Sanchez>Pujols .358 avg lol

alnorth
07-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Sounds like a lot of the veterans don't want to play in the All-Star game. I heard they ask them if they want to be on the ballot before they send the ballots out. Is that true?

That is not true.

If someone is elected to the starting lineup or are selected by the manager as a reserve player, they could then back out, but there are not very many veterans who do that.

bogie
07-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Well if you liked baseball you'd probably know........

They give out ballots at all the MLB games a month or so before the All-Star break..... you can vote and turn in the ballot...

Or they have an on-line system set up now...

I know, I know. I'm trying to get in to this. AL has dominated, 8-0-1 in the last 9 years. WOW! NL needs to get their sh*t together. Thanks for the info KC Fish.

Coach
07-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Out with a knee infury. The comissioner isn't happy about it. Neither is Ortiz.

If I was selected, and I have a knee injury, I would rather stay at home to rest up my injury. If the commish isn't happy with it, I'd tell him to go f**k himself. I don't get paid from the All-Stars. I get paid from whoever the baseball franchise I play for. I'm sure they'd want me to be resting and get ready for the second half of the season.

bogie
07-11-2006, 05:27 PM
That is not true.

If someone is elected to the starting lineup or are selected by the manager as a reserve player, they could then back out, but there are not very many veterans who do that.

Interesting, I thought I heard they asked prior to creating ballots. Thanks for the correction.

bogie
07-11-2006, 05:29 PM
If I was selected, and I have a knee injury, I would rather stay at home to rest up my injury. If the commish isn't happy with it, I'd tell him to go f**k himself. I don't get paid from the All-Stars. I get paid from whoever the baseball franchise I play for. I'm sure they'd want me to be resting and get ready for the second half of the season.

Ortiz wasn't happy about it, but he understood that Manny needed to rest his knee.

bogie
07-11-2006, 05:32 PM
What is a 5-tool player? The announcer say there are 7, 5-tool players in the NL.

bogie
07-11-2006, 05:44 PM
A 5 tool player is one that has great speed, can hit for average, hit for power, a great throwing arm and is excellent defensively. Now I knw.

58-4ever
07-11-2006, 05:45 PM
What is a 5-tool player? The announcer say there are 7, 5-tool players in the NL.

Hit for Avgerage, Hit for Power, Defense, Speed, Throwing Arm (I think this is the list)

:bong:

58-4ever
07-11-2006, 05:46 PM
A 5 tool player is one that has great speed, can hit for average, hit for power, a great throwing arm and is excellent defensively. Now I knw.

1 minute. Damn. :mad:

Coach
07-11-2006, 05:48 PM

It's a player who can hit for average, hit for power, can steal bases (or runs very fast), excellent glove (defense) and throwing arm strength. Most of them players are usually outfielders.

bogie
07-11-2006, 05:50 PM
1 minute. Damn. :mad:

yea, but I had to look it up. I suspect you already knew.
Thanks!

bogie
07-11-2006, 05:52 PM
It's a player who can hit for average, hit for power, can steal bases (or runs very fast), excellent glove (defense) and throwing arm strength. Most of them players are usually outfielders.

I think they were saying other than the pitcher and one other player, 7 of the 9 starters on NL All-Star team are considered 5 tool players. If that's true the NL should kill 'em.

bogie
07-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Nice piece on past All-Star games. Sports video editors are among the best in the business.

58-4ever
07-11-2006, 06:03 PM
I think they were saying other than the pitcher and one other player, 7 of the 9 starters on NL All-Star team are considered 5 tool players. If that's true the NL should kill 'em.

The NL sucks. Really bad. I would say that the top 5 teams in baseball are all American League teams.

bogie
07-11-2006, 06:10 PM
That's what I hear. History seems to prove that as well.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Baseball just has way too many waiting periods. You watch for hours and there's only about 25 minutes of actually playing time. And when they do play, it's rarely that exciting. Then again, I'm a Royal Fan.

bogie
07-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Baseball just has way too many waiting periods. You watch for hours and there's only about 25 minutes of actually playing time. And when they do play, it's rarely that exciting. Then again, I'm a Royal Fan.

I know it's been very rough on Royal fans. I'm sorry for you. I do love to go to the ballpark and watch the games. I've been to a couple of Dodgers games and had a great time. Of course, I had lots of beers and Dodger dogs.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-11-2006, 07:12 PM
I know it's been very rough on Royal fans. I'm sorry for you. I do love to go to the ballpark and watch the games. I've been to a couple of Dodgers games and had a great time. Of course, I had lots of beers and Dodger dogs.

That's how to watch baseball!