PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever bring your kids to work?

Saulbadguy
07-11-2006, 03:10 PM
There is a guy here that always brings his kids to work. All 5 of them. They've messed around in peoples cubicles, broken shit, and they make alot of noise.

Is this acceptable?

Donger
07-11-2006, 03:12 PM
There is a guy here that always brings his kids to work. All 5 of them. They've messed around in peoples cubicles, broken shit, and they make alot of noise.

Is this acceptable?

In a classic work environment, no; that's too many and too frequently.

I work from home, so my kids come in every once in a while.

4th and Long
07-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Saul,

You should drop a neg rep bomb on the kids. That seems to be your solution to most things you don't agree with.

ChiTown
07-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Fk no, it's not acceptable....especially not all 5 of them. Some people think it's cute and they want to show off their kids. I always thought it was annoying and wanted to beat the crap out of the parents.

When we would have a baby, my wife would bring the kid in to show it off around lunch time. She would stay for 5-10 minutes, and then we'd roll to lunch. If it was bring your kid to work day, then no problem. Other than that, kids need to stay away from busy office environments, imo. It's a distraction and a pain in the a$$ to your co-workers.

RockChalk
07-11-2006, 03:15 PM

Is this acceptable?

Wow, you are barking up the right tree here.

This lady brings her two daughters in almost everyday, especially during the summer. Now she is the daughter of the boss, but still. It's very hard to work when you have kids running through the halls screaming and then playing games on the internet in the office next to you.

Kids should be banned.

Saulbadguy
07-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Wow, you are barking up the right tree here.

This lady brings her two daughters in almost everyday, especially during the summer. Now she is the daughter of the boss, but still. It's very hard to work when you have kids running through the halls screaming and then playing games on the internet in the office next to you.

Kids should be banned.
This is a similar situation. Too cheap to pay for summer camp or a babysitter, I assume?

bogie
07-11-2006, 03:16 PM
It is not acceptable. Do you work with a small company? Our HR dept. would freak because of the whole insurance thing. Having a kid or two visit so they can see what Dad or Mom do for a living is one thing, but your guy is abusing that.

Hydrae
07-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Only on BYCTWD (which they absolutely love).

Frazod
07-11-2006, 03:21 PM
I assume the offender is the big boss, or somebody who has juice or knows where the bodies are buried. :shake:

It is absolutely unacceptable.

I personally recommend a campaign of after-hours terrorism against the cubicle/office of the offender. Maybe if enough of HIS shit gets broken, he'll get the message.

StcChief
07-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Years ago on a Sat. never again.

Baby Lee
07-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Don't let them find your nap lair under your desk!!!

htismaqe
07-11-2006, 03:28 PM
I've brought my TWO kids to work for a FEW MINUTES at a time.

What he's doing is not acceptable.

keg in kc
07-11-2006, 03:50 PM
No, but I do drop the kids off at the pool regularly.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-11-2006, 03:53 PM
No, but I do drop the kids off at the pool regularly.

I thought that was the Cosbys?

Eleazar
07-11-2006, 03:54 PM
I can see if your kids come in for 5 minutes or so.

More than that is effing rude. It's an office, not a daycare center.

Chiefnj
07-11-2006, 04:14 PM
very hard to work when you have kids running through the halls screaming and then playing games on the internet in the office next to you.

Distracts you from posting on the Planet?? I hate when that happens.

Bugeater
07-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Never, too unsafe of an environment. Years ago when I was doing commercial construction some drywallers brought their kids on "Bring your Kids to Work Day" and were letting them climb all over the scaffolding. That didn't go over real well.

Iowanian
07-11-2006, 06:27 PM
It must be the environment.

I'm routinely asked/nagged to bring mine in.