PDA

View Full Version : Lendale White vs. Esera Tuaolo - Q&A session

Bootlegged
07-12-2006, 08:26 AM
ROFL

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

LENDALE LASHED OUT AT TUAOLO

Last month, former NFL defensive lineman Esera Tuaolo was the first openly gay player to speak at the rookie symposium.

Asked one attendee during Tuaolo's session, "Is it offensive if I call you a (PHAGGOT) if you are a (PHAGGOT)?"

Many readers were curious as to the identity of the person who asked the question. On Tuesday, we received a tip in this regard, and we then obtained confirmation from a league source.

The question, we're told, was posed by former USC tailback LenDale White, second-round draft pick of the Tennessee Titans.

White gained significant notoriety prior to the draft when he arrived at the USC Pro Day workout out of shape and unable to run. He didn't perform a 40-yard dash for scouts before April 29, and consequently fell out of the first round.

We suspect that there won't be much fallout from White's statement. If asked about it by anyone in the media, he'll surely deny it. Then, others who were in attendance surely will confirm it -- hopefully at some point on the record.

Heck, it could be a good idea for White to admit that he said it. It might go a long way toward building up his fan base in the red states, including the one in which he'll be playing his home games.

Rain Man
07-12-2006, 08:44 AM
Lendale, Lendale, Lendale.... :shake:

htismaqe
07-12-2006, 08:53 AM
What White asked is wrong. Dead wrong.

But why is Tuaolo speaking at a rookie symposium?

Brock
07-12-2006, 08:56 AM
What White asked is wrong. Dead wrong.

But why is Tuaolo speaking at a rookie symposium?

Diversity training.

htismaqe
07-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Diversity training.

Exactly.

The whole idea is laughable.

ChiTown
07-12-2006, 09:14 AM
I don't see the problem................

CoMoChief
07-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Note to Lindale, gay people are very sensitive.

Brock
07-12-2006, 09:30 AM

Since I doubt Lendale reads this board, let me apologize to you on his behalf.

noa
07-12-2006, 09:33 AM
I would have responded to Lendale, "Is it wrong to call you a fat, arrogant, lazy, F**K if you are a fat, arrogant, lazy F**K?"

ChiTown
07-12-2006, 09:36 AM
I would have responded to Lendale, "Is it wrong to call you a fat, arrogant, lazy, F**K if you are a fat, arrogant, lazy F**K?"

When in Rome..........

Predarat
07-12-2006, 09:51 AM
I am glad to have Lendale as a Tennessee Titan!!!

Brock
07-12-2006, 09:53 AM
I am glad to have Lendale as a Tennessee Titan!!!

I'd be proud to have the fat slug on my team as well.

Bootlegged
07-12-2006, 11:22 AM
I don't see the problem................

Having Tuaolo speak at the rookie symposium isn't a problem?

blueballs
07-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Pacman has a new friend

blueballs
07-12-2006, 11:34 AM
If V Young is a trouble child also
Fisher could be looking for a nw
coaching job

StcChief
07-12-2006, 11:45 AM

Note to Gay people...the whole world doesn't agree with your 'life style'
or are they required to be tolerant or PC twords you.

Go home a suck one.

ct
07-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Note to Gay people...the whole world doesn't agree with your 'life style'
or are they required to be tolerant or PC twords you.

Go home a suck one.

Nor do they need to go out of their way to deny their 'life style'.

Ultra Peanut
07-12-2006, 01:31 PM
OMG GO LENDALE

THATLL SHOW THEM QUEERS

jspchief
07-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Lendale White has really come of as a class act in the last 7 months. I look forward to seeing him flame out of the league.

CupidStunt
07-12-2006, 01:35 PM
Mo Clarett with boobs.

Spicy McHaggis
07-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Lendale White has really come of as a class act in the last 7 months. I look forward to seeing him flame out of the league.

I did see on draft day he was reading Maurice Clarett's book "10 ways to throw your future away".

And in case you're wondering step one is: Get fat. Like, orca fat.

Ultra Peanut
07-12-2006, 02:01 PM
I think it's fair to say he's accomplished step one.

Spicy McHaggis
07-12-2006, 02:05 PM
I think it's fair to say he's accomplished step one.

And people say he's not motivated to reach his goals.

Iowanian
07-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Is it ironic that at a training session, where NFL players are being taught to accept the views of other players, that anyone having a view in the target audience is not allowed to have his own?

"Gheys are fabulous for the league adn we have to accept all opinions" NFL Spokesperson

"I don't want a ghey in the shower with me" nfl player

"well, thats an unacceptable viewpoint and namecalling is wrong, biggot" league

Iowanian
07-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Its unfortunate that his $.10 head is going to ruin the chances of his million dollar talent.

DaKCMan AP
07-12-2006, 02:12 PM

then don't take a shower

jspchief
07-12-2006, 02:13 PM
Is it ironic that at a training session, where NFL players are being taught to accept the views of other players, that anyone having a view in the target audience is not allowed to have his own?

"Gheys are fabulous for the league adn we have to accept all opinions" NFL Spokesperson

"well, thats an unacceptable viewpoint and namecalling is wrong, biggot" leagueYea, they always force their damn "equality" views on the racists too, but frown when the racist responds by calling someone a n*gger. Weird.

Bootlegged
07-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Why has there been no questioning of the source of this story?

It's a travesty and a rush to judgement.

htismaqe
07-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Yea, they always force their damn "equality" views on the racists too, but frown when the racist responds by calling someone a n*gger. Weird.

Comparing the state of being black with the state of being homosexual is absurd and insulting.

ChiTown
07-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Having Tuaolo speak at the rookie symposium isn't a problem?

You missed my point. I don't see a problem with what the knucklehead said to Tuaolo.....

;)

jspchief
07-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Comparing the state of being black with the state of being homosexual is absurd and insulting.They are trying to teach a little tolerance. For someone to respond by calling the guy a f*ggot during the seminar, IMO is the same level of despicable as racism.

I'm not talking about the state of being either black or gay. I'm talking about the state of being an asshole that goes around calling people things like f*ggot or n*gger.

Why is f*g censored on this board?

Chiefnj
07-12-2006, 03:11 PM

"

Don't you think there is a difference between being tolerant as opposed to being "taught to accept the views of other players"? I don't think it was a class forcing them to "accept the views" of others; that's the church, not the NFL. [cross-thread humor].

htismaqe
07-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Don't you think there is a difference between being tolerant as opposed to being "taught to accept the views of other players"? I don't think it was a class forcing them to "accept the views" of others; that's the church, not the NFL. [cross-thread humor].

What does it have to do with their jobs?

htismaqe
07-12-2006, 03:17 PM
They are trying to teach a little tolerance. For someone to respond by calling the guy a f*ggot during the seminar, IMO is the same level of despicable as racism.

Why is f*g censored on this board?

Because it's offensive.

Suggesting it's as offensive as ******...well, it isn't...

jspchief
07-12-2006, 03:18 PM
What does it have to do with their jobs?Appeal to as many fans as possible so the NFL makes more money.

That's my guess.

Iowanian
07-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Yea, they always force their damn "equality" views on the racists too, but frown when the racist responds by calling someone a n*gger. Weird.

NFL players call each other that all the time. I've heard it on national TV.

I'm not saying that White was right in his statements.

Nevermind.

Chiefnj
07-12-2006, 03:21 PM
What does it have to do with their jobs?

What does tolerance have to do with a football players job on the field? Promote locker room unity I guess. I think the league's big worry is that a player (a representative of the NFL) is going to stand up in front of a reporter and make insensitive and/or non-pc comments that would become national ESPN headlines.

The symposiums, as I understand it, have a lot of talks that don't really involve "their jobs" - things like saving for the future, not knocking up dozens of women (aka the DT class), dealing with old friends who ask you for money, etc.

jspchief
07-12-2006, 03:24 PM
NFL players call each other that all the time. I've heard it on national TV.

I'm not saying that White was right in his statements.

Nevermind.My point is, it's one thing to object to what you perceive as an assault on your values. It's something entirely different to respond by calling the guy derogatory names.

htismaqe
07-12-2006, 03:34 PM
What does tolerance have to do with a football players job on the field? Promote locker room unity I guess. I think the league's big worry is that a player (a representative of the NFL) is going to stand up in front of a reporter and make insensitive and/or non-pc comments that would become national ESPN headlines.

The symposiums, as I understand it, have a lot of talks that don't really involve "their jobs" - things like saving for the future, not knocking up dozens of women (aka the DT class), dealing with old friends who ask you for money, etc.

Those are all "life lesson" classes. Unless they're gay themselves, where is the "life lesson" in mandatory diversity training?

jspchief
07-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Well, apparently at least one person there was in need of it, if he thinks it's OK to go around calling gay people f*ggots.

Chiefnj
07-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Those are all "life lesson" classes. Unless they're gay themselves, where is the "life lesson" in mandatory diversity training?

The life lesson is don't stand up in front of a microphone and say something stupid that will embarass the league and force them to incorporate more life lesson classes in next years symposium.

htismaqe
07-12-2006, 03:39 PM
The life lesson is don't stand up in front of a microphone and say something stupid that will embarass the league and force them to incorporate more life lesson classes in next years symposium.

So basically they're caving to PC pressure in an effort to save some money...

Chiefnj
07-12-2006, 03:42 PM

The caving into the ever changing moral standards of America.

Psyko Tek
07-12-2006, 05:46 PM

and gay defensive linemen are usually very big

Rain Man
07-12-2006, 05:48 PM

Any organization in America that has people dealing with the media trains them about how not to embarrass the organization. To ignore that risk would be ludicrous. To ignore that risk in the NFL, which has both extremely high media coverage and a high proportion of unsophisticated people dealing with the media, would be a mistake of titanic scale.

Bootlegged
07-12-2006, 05:50 PM
You missed my point. I don't see a problem with what the knucklehead said to Tuaolo.....

;)

I know - I was being ironical. Or trying to be. I need a drink.