PDA

View Full Version : German soccer coach steps down

Reaper16
07-12-2006, 12:09 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=373764&cc=5901
Associated Press

FRANKFURT, Germany -- Juergen Klinsmann, who coached Germany to a third-place finish at the World Cup, stepped down Wednesday and was replaced by his assistant, Joachim Loew.

Klinsmann told reporters he was leaving to spend more time with his California-based family.

"I feel burned out," said a tearful Klinsmann, adding that he would take a six-month vacation. "I have a great wish to be back with my family and my children."

Loew, 46, had worked with Klinsmann during his two-year coaching stint.

"He was never an assistant; he was a partner, who had his own areas of responsibility," Klinsmann said.

German soccer federation co-president Gerhard Mayer-Vorfelder thanked Klinsmann for a "wonderful time" and said "your performance was incredible."

Loew's two-year deal runs to the end of the 2008 European Championship in Switzerland and Austria.

Klinsmann's rejuvenated team went beyond expectations by finishing third, after losing to eventual champion Italy 2-0 in the semifinals.

Klinsmann, 41, had no previous coaching experience when he took over an ailing German squad two years ago.

After Germany beat Portugal 3-1 to take third place, Klinsmann said he would think about his future over the next few days and consult with his family.
----------------------------------------------

Hmmmm. :hmmm: There already was speculation before this that Klinsmann could replace Bruce Arena as U.S. coach. I don't see why he'd step down from a team that would be one of the favorites to win it all in 2010.

Beatlemanu
07-12-2006, 12:13 PM
A six-month vacation? Wow, I wish I could take one of those...

I read a report somewhere saything that he didn't want the US job, but you never know, he lives here...

DaKCMan AP
07-12-2006, 12:13 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=143568

Phobia
07-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Assistant manager at local McDonalds resigns. Interesting.

Ultra Peanut
07-12-2006, 01:40 PM
Assistant manager at local McDonalds resigns. Interesting.Is the assistant manager at the local McDonald's in line to make $3,000,000/yr as the head coach of the US National Team?

pr_capone
07-12-2006, 02:08 PM
Is the assistant manager at the local McDonald's in line to make $3,000,000/yr as the head coach of the US National Team?

The US has a national soccer team??? :hmmm:

Iowanian
07-12-2006, 02:09 PM
When the Fug did this become "soccerplanet"?

vailpass
07-12-2006, 02:15 PM
US Soccer fan: your 2 weeks out of the closet has ended.

You had your little tournament, ESPN tried to cram it down our throats and guess what: WE STILL DON'T CARE!

Go back into your holes; we'll see all 345 of you in four years

|Zach|
07-12-2006, 03:03 PM
This would be a nice pick up.

beer bacon
07-12-2006, 03:14 PM

You had your little tournament, ESPN tried to cram it down our throats and guess what: WE STILL DON'T CARE!

vailpass: stop posting in this thread.

vailpass
07-12-2006, 03:49 PM
vailpass: stop posting in this thread.

BeerBacon:
Why do you make this unreasonable request? Are you one of the 345 US soccer fans, along with the illustrious company of islamamama?

penguinz
07-12-2006, 03:59 PM
BeerBacon:
Why do you make this unreasonable request? Are you one of the 345 US soccer fans, along with the illustrious company of islamamama?In the other thred you said 72 fans. You can't even keep your numbers straight. You have lost all credibility.

DJay23
07-12-2006, 03:59 PM

Know what I do when I see a thread about a topic I don't care about?

I don't open it.

penguinz
07-12-2006, 04:03 PM

I don't open it.
It takes a functioning brain to grasp that concept.

vailpass
07-12-2006, 04:16 PM

I don't open it.

So Phobia, Capone, and 'Wanian get a pass from your oh-so-unique guidelines huh?

Let's not be disengenuous here junior, what you mean to say is that because I am a Bronco you choose to kick your young-boy knowledge in my direction. Correct?

vailpass
07-12-2006, 04:17 PM
In the other thred you said 72 fans. You can't even keep your numbers straight. You have lost all credibility.
ROFL Would you care to lick my golden ball?

penguinz
07-12-2006, 04:19 PM
ROFL Would you care to lick my golden ball?We all know that is impossible because you lost both of them in a freak bigwheel accident.

DJay23
07-12-2006, 04:48 PM
So Phobia, Capone, and 'Wanian get a pass from your oh-so-unique guidelines huh?

Let's not be disengenuous here junior, what you mean to say is that because I am a Bronco you choose to kick your young-boy knowledge in my direction. Correct?
A) It hadn't occurred to me that you are a Broncos fan.

B) Who cares whose post I picked out, the point was intended toward anyone on any thread they apparently had no interest in.

C) I'm not a, "young boy" as you put it.

D) You may want to take my previous advice a step ahead. If you are concerned about people picking on you or not taking your posts seriously because you are a Broncos fan, you may want to consider not even contributing to this board.

1) Try to fight your innate Bronco fan wiring and stop being a whiny bitch.

vailpass
07-12-2006, 05:08 PM
A) It hadn't occurred to me that you are a Broncos fan.

B) Who cares whose post I picked out, the point was intended toward anyone on any thread they apparently had no interest in.

C) I'm not a, "young boy" as you put it.

D) You may want to take my previous advice a step ahead. If you are concerned about people picking on you or not taking your posts seriously because you are a Broncos fan, you may want to consider not even contributing to this board.

1) Try to fight your innate Bronco fan wiring and stop being a whiny bitch.

ROFL Fair enough DJ. I'm just f'ing around killing time til the season starts.

vailpass
07-12-2006, 05:09 PM
We all know that is impossible because you lost both of them in a freak bigwheel accident.

ROFL