PDA

View Full Version : A question for you wrestling fans..

Ceej
07-13-2006, 10:31 AM
What's the most enjoyable match you've witnessed live or seen on TV?

A couple of my favorites -

Mankind/Undertaker - Hell in A Cell
Rob Van Dam/Jerry Lynn - Hardcore Heaven '99
British Bulldog/Bret Hart - Wrestlemania in the Skydome (I think)
Dudleyz v. Hardyz - TLC
Mike Awesome v. Tanaka during the first ECW: One Night Stand.

Predarat
07-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Hulk Hogan vs The Ultimate Warrior in Wrestlemania VI.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-13-2006, 11:04 AM
I'd say The Rock vs. Stone Cold at Wrestlemania 19 in Seattle, but I was there so it's suffice to say that I barely saw it. So I'll go with HHH vs. Stone Cold at No Way Out in 2002.

Molitoth
07-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Shoji Nakamaki and Hiroshi Ono

IWA King of the Deathmatch. 1995

Sully
07-13-2006, 11:30 AM
Ben Askren v Jake Herbert

...sorry. I thought we were talking abut wrestling.

CanadianChief
07-13-2006, 12:02 PM
My favorite match was Randy "Macho Man" Savage vs Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat at Wrestlemania III. I still remember Macho Man jumping off the top rope with thatr ing bell and crushing Steamboats throat.

Nostradumbass
07-13-2006, 12:03 PM
In a square
with ropes 3 and turnbuckles 4
A maniac and a giant
fought once more.

Quatrain 1:3

Rain Man
07-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Megan versus Tiffany - "Naked Oil Cage Match"

Rain Man
07-13-2006, 12:05 PM
In a square
with ropes 3 and turnbuckles 4
A maniac and a giant
fought once more.

Quatrain 1:3

I read this as a prediction of a world war between Iran and the U.S.

wilas101
07-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Hogan vs Andre the Giant when Hogan body slammed the giant.

jspchief
07-13-2006, 12:13 PM
The one where the guy died.

They need to have more like that.

Nostradumbass
07-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Hogan vs Andre the Giant when Hogan body slammed the giant.

Thats what I said, bitch.

Quatrain 1:6

TrickyNicky
07-13-2006, 12:34 PM
Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart Cage Match at Summerslam. Best cage match ever IMO. I stopped watching wrestling shortly after that.

Ceej
07-13-2006, 12:37 PM
As previously mentioned, Awesome/Tanaka have had some intense matches.

Brock
07-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Mike Dibiase vs. Death.

wilas101
07-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Thats what I said, bitch.

Quatrain 1:6

My bad. I'd like to ammend my post to read:

"What nostra said." :)

4th and Long
07-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Lita's lips vs Trish's lips.

http://img289.imageshack.us/img289/8794/kod9di.gif

sedated
07-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Dudleyz v. Hardyz - TLC

triple ladder match, right?

that was the best tag-team I've seen since Saturday night at Mooo's mom's house.

unbelievable

Ceej
07-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Tables, ladders, chairs actually. But, I think they had more than 1-2 ladders during that match..

So, I suppose Triple Ladies Match could be appropriate too.

They had several, I don't recall the exact one but it had Bubba Ray and I believe Matt on the ladder being pushed over the ring onto like 2 stacks of 3 tables. It was pretty sweet.

sedated
07-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Tables, ladders, chairs actually. But, I think they had more than 1-2 ladders during that match..

So, I suppose Triple Ladies Match could be appropriate too.

They had several, I don't recall the exact one but it had Bubba Ray and I believe Matt on the ladder being pushed over the ring onto like 2 stacks of 3 tables. It was pretty sweet.

oh yeah, I remember.

the Dudleys loved their tables, and the Hardys could do some amazing acrobatic sh!t with the ladders.

it's amazing someone didn't get real f*cked up during that match

Ceej
07-13-2006, 12:55 PM
The ECW version of the Dudleyz were probably the most entertaining tag team ever.

grandllamajr
07-13-2006, 12:58 PM
I'll say Big Show vs Ric Flair tuesday on ECW

Ceej
07-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Haha yeah, it was pretty odd seeing Flair covered in thumbtacks.

Everytime I see Big Show just fling is opponent after each match I just ****in' laugh.

Brock
07-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Stay tuned for Ric Flair vs. IRS.(the real one)

Mr. Flopnuts
07-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Watching the Big Show break the whole ring down a few months ago was crazy. It was obviously staged but still............

DJJasonp
07-13-2006, 02:36 PM
My favorite match was Randy "Macho Man" Savage vs Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat at Wrestlemania III. I still remember Macho Man jumping off the top rope with thatr ing bell and crushing Steamboats throat.

If I remember correctly....that was the match that lasted forever with several "near pins" :) But that would get my vote...

Either that or Hulk Hogan/Mr. T vs. Volkoff and the Iron Sheik!!!

Jim Jones
07-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Eddie Guerrero vs. Brock Lesnar - No Way Out 2004

BigRock
07-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Didn't the TLC matches with the Dudleys and Hardys have Edge & Christian in them, too? Those were awesome matches.

Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin from WrestleMania in Chicago was probably the best one I saw.

Mecca
07-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Didn't the TLC matches with the Dudleys and Hardys have Edge & Christian in them, too? Those were awesome matches.

Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin from WrestleMania in Chicago was probably the best one I saw.

It's funny how after all those matches Edge is the only one who's any kind of star now.......

tyton75
07-13-2006, 02:46 PM
My Favorites were Goldberg coming out and just stomping people at the end of every show on WCW... he was freaking awesome

CoMoChief
07-13-2006, 02:46 PM
The Rock vs Hogan simply because it consisted both of my favorite wrestlers of all time. The match itself wasnt the greatest but I very much enjoyed it and didnt care who won.

The best match by far is the Undertaker Hell in a Cell match against Mankind.

jlscorpio
07-13-2006, 02:51 PM
anything from Mid-south Wrestling from 82-85

Swanman
07-13-2006, 02:52 PM
I'll go with some Ring of Honor matches (currently the top independent wrestling company).

Blood Generation vs. Do Fixer - "Supercard of Honor"

Samoa Joe & Bryan Danielson vs. Kenta & Marifuji - "Best in the World"

Any of the matches in the Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk series

Any of the matches in the Bryan Danielson vs. Roderick Strong series

ROH is huge on the east coast and in Ohio & Chicago.

bogie
07-13-2006, 02:55 PM
When Granny beat up Rebecca of Sunny Brook Farm. It looked so real.

keg in kc
07-13-2006, 03:21 PM
It's funny how after all those matches Edge is the only one who's any kind of star now.......If TNA can ever get a legitimate push going, Christian's one of their top faces.

I haven't seen a lot of good matches, but there've been some real 'oh shit' moments in the last few months.

JimNasium
07-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Kerry Von Erich vs. the Missing Link.

Mecca
07-13-2006, 03:37 PM
If TNA can ever get a legitimate push going, Christian's one of their top faces.

I haven't seen a lot of good matches, but there've been some real 'oh shit' moments in the last few months.

Problem being Christian sucks as a face, and they immediatly scooped any heat he had coming in and gave it to Sting.

Jim Jones
07-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Everything about TNA is just lame. So, so lame.

grandllama
07-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Mike Dibiase vs. Death.

Don't forget Owen Hart vs. Death... that happened right in KC

Mecca
07-13-2006, 04:18 PM

They have a few guys who can go, it's just a matter of they don't have any kind of big time feel about their promotion. A guy like Samoa Joe will likely end up in the WWE before to long.

keg in kc
07-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Problem being Christian sucks as a face, and they immediatly scooped any heat he had coming in and gave it to Sting.The whole Christian/Sting angle just doesn't work.

TNA's kind of weird. The wrestling itself is far and away better than anything any of the WWE brands do, but the storylines don't do anything for me (so, say, half of Impact is just boring and fast-forwarded through) and the PPVs I've managed to get my hands on have pretty much sucked.

keg in kc
07-13-2006, 04:20 PM
They have a few guys who can go, it's just a matter of they don't have any kind of big time feel about their promotion. A guy like Samoa Joe will likely end up in the WWE before to long.Oh, he's already in WWE. They just call him Umaga. (what an f'n joke...)

Mecca
07-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Oh, he's already in WWE. They just call him Umaga. (what an f'n joke...)

I don't really agree with that. Umaga is basically a manufactured gimmick by beating down scrubs and looking good. Samoa Joe is capable of putting on very very good matches.

The WWE at it's heart isn't about wrestling, half their roster isn't that talented. And the guys they have that are capable of really going are strapped down and not allowed to really show what they can do.

keg in kc
07-13-2006, 04:29 PM
I don't really agree with that. Umaga is basically a manufactured gimmick by beating down scrubs and looking good. Samoa Joe is capable of putting on very very good matches.That was the point...The WWE at it's heart isn't about wrestling, half their roster isn't that talented. And the guys they have that are capable of really going are strapped down and not allowed to really show what they can do.Yep. Although (unlike TNA) they really can put on some shows with their PPV's. With TNA, you see the same stuff on Impact that you pretty much see during their PPVs. Which is good and bad in a way; you can see really good wrestling (good...) but dont' have to pay for it (bad).

The thing I've hated most about the WWE since they absorbed WCW was having to see people like Flair in the ring. Wasting time on guys like that instead of getting fresh talent into the ring. Kind of like having Hulk Hogan on tomorrow night. I mean, it's fun watching Flair and Foley go at it in a sort of "wow, that would've been cool 10 years ago (maybe)" way, but christ, they treat Flair like he's just a notch below a main eventer on Raw, at whatever the hell his age is. The thing with Big Show on Tuesday was cool in the bloodbath sense, but anybody could've done that, why'd it have to be Flair?

If I wanted to see flabby old men half naked, I'd go to a country club locker room.

Now TNA does the same thing (no surprise, with the people running it), by bringing back guys like Steiner and Sting, and having a hack like Jarrett established as their top heel. Now he's a good heel, everybody hates him, he just can't do anything but whack people with guitars and occasionally give them "the stroke" in the ring.

Mecca
07-13-2006, 04:33 PM
They do that because to many people Flair is still a draw. And he's buddys with HHH who in many ways can determine what's going on in the company. They aren't building new stars because most of them are heavily deficient in one area or another and can't get it going.

Not to mention the guys they pick to build up are just retarded, Randy Orton comes to mind. Edge is the only person who they've done a nice job with and he's sort of hosed now because HHH is refusing to work with him. In essense Triple H runs that company, if he doesn't like you you're screwed.

keg in kc
07-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Sometimes the WWE will build up a guy that I hate, like Cena's push in the last couple of years (god, I hated him and his whole rap gimmick) and I end up liking the guy in the end. Hell, he may be my favorite face.

Orton I just don't get, though. He's all arrogance but doesn't do much in the ring. I don't like the whole arrogance angle ever, though. Former Hurricane, whatsisname, the cruiserweight champ, I frikkin can't stand to watch now. I loved seeing Lashley beat him down Friday.

Jenson71
07-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Last year, at Iowa Districts Class 2A, heavyweight division, a senior at Independence threw this huge mountain of a man (had to be 270 at least) onto his back less than a minute into the first period. Pinned him, and then later won state. He's a great athlete.

Sebolt's 4th state championship was cool, and seeing guys from my school (125 won state, 119 upset top ranked at state, ended up 8th) was cool too.

That is wrestling.

KingPriest2
07-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Oh, he's already in WWE. They just call him Umaga. (what an f'n joke...)

Umaga and Samoa Joe are 2 different people

Mecca
07-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Last year, at Iowa Districts Class 2A, heavyweight division, a senior at Independence threw this huge mountain of a man (had to be 270 at least) onto his back less than a minute into the first period. Pinned him, and then later won state. He's a great athlete.

Sebolt's 4th state championship was cool, and seeing guys from my school (125 won state, 119 upset top ranked at state, ended up 8th) was cool too.

That is wrestling.

Do NOT start that debate really, we aren't discussing that nor does this thread need to be turned into that. You know there are people that are fans of profesional wrestling that aren't stupid hillbillys.

Valiant
07-13-2006, 04:45 PM

Isnt that the one on Scifi?? They allow submission and tapouts.. Watched a good armbar on there, and some vicious headbutts..

Ohh and the strip show.. what ever wrestling show is on sci fi is the best out there rightnow...

Mecca
07-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Sometimes the WWE will build up a guy that I hate, like Cena's push in the last couple of years (god, I hated him and his whole rap gimmick) and I end up liking the guy in the end. Hell, he may be my favorite face.

Orton I just don't get, though. He's all arrogance but doesn't do much in the ring. I don't like the whole arrogance angle ever, though. Former Hurricane, whatsisname, the cruiserweight champ, I frikkin can't stand to watch now. I loved seeing Lashley beat him down Friday.

Helms was great back in the WCW when he was the cruiser champ busting out the vertebreaker, to bad the WWE took away all his moves. I really dislike Cena just because he's a horrid wrestler he basically has no talent. Edge is about the only guy who gets mainevent time I like anymore.

Mecca
07-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Isnt that the one on Scifi?? They allow submission and tapouts.. Watched a good armbar on there, and some vicious headbutts..

Ohh and the strip show.. what ever wrestling show is on sci fi is the best out there rightnow...

The ECW show is on scifi.....that's WWE promoted. TNA is on spikeTV.

bogie
07-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Do NOT start that debate really, we aren't discussing that nor does this thread need to be turned into that. You know there are people that are fans of profesional wrestling that aren't stupid hillbillys.

You're absolutely right. It's obvious you guys enjoy this form of entertaiment and that's cool. It's not for me, but who the f*ck cares.

CoMoChief
07-13-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm sorry folks, but the best wrestler ever as far as personality hands down is The Rock.

chief4life
07-13-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm sorry folks, but the best wrestler ever as far as personality hands down is The Rock.

yeah i would agree he was so funny

Jenson71
07-13-2006, 05:06 PM

It's not a debate. It was asked what wrestling match is the coolest I've seen. I said it.

keg in kc
07-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Umaga and Samoa Joe are 2 different peopleI had no idea. Thank you so much for pointing that out.

(Sarcasm alert. Sarcasm alert.)

Mecca
07-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Umaga is lucky to have Armando whatever his name is around or he probably wouldn't be over.

big nasty kcnut
07-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Best match was the angle benoit matchup alway good.

Tna ok but need to showcase other guys like matt bentley shwan micheal cousin or sonjay dutt.

Ecw need to let heyman and tommy dreamer do the booking instead of the wwe guys to make it unique.

4th and Long
07-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Umaga is lucky to have Armando whatever his name is around or he probably wouldn't be over.
Arrrrrrrrrrmandoooooooo Alejannnnnnnndroooooooo Estrrrrrrrradaaaaa!!!

TrickyNicky
07-13-2006, 06:27 PM
I change my vote to Samoa Joe vs. Kenta Kobashi in ROH.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-335788152603022118&q=samoa+joe+kobashi

2005 Match of the Year

Swanman
07-13-2006, 07:26 PM
I change my vote to Samoa Joe vs. Kenta Kobashi in ROH.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-335788152603022118&q=samoa+joe+kobashi

2005 Match of the Year

I bought that dvd from ROH just for that match. That is by far one of the stiffest matches I've ever seen. It's just terrible that Kobashi just found out he has cancer.

I haven't seen the match yet, but a lot of folks like Kenta vs. Low Ki better than Joe vs. Kobashi. It's a different kind of match, much more high-flying.

TrickyNicky
07-13-2006, 07:29 PM
I bought that dvd from ROH just for that match. That is by far one of the stiffest matches I've ever seen. It's just terrible that Kobashi just found out he has cancer.

I haven't seen the match yet, but a lot of folks like Kenta vs. Low Ki better than Joe vs. Kobashi. It's a different kind of match, much more high-flying.
I'll have to look into that then. I've seen Low Ki in Zero-1 and Kenta in Noah and like both.

Have you been to the wrestling scene and checked out Toukon Retsuden? They have a bunch of great japanese matches.

Heres a link:

http://www.dumbkitty.com/sites/thewrestlingscene/

Swanman
07-13-2006, 07:30 PM
They have a few guys who can go, it's just a matter of they don't have any kind of big time feel about their promotion. A guy like Samoa Joe will likely end up in the WWE before to long.

For selfish reasons, I hope Joe never ends up in WWE. They'll just saddle him with some horrendous gimmick and have him lose to the Undertaker in 2 minutes. Vince doesn't like guys that he did not "create", just look how he treated most of the big WCW names for the first couple years after they joined WWE.

Joe is best when he's allowed to work 30+ minute matches, so he's perfect for TNA and ROH (moreso for ROH, their big matches tend to run 45 minutes minimum). However, right now the only big guaranteed money is in WWE so I wouldn't blame him from that front.

jlscorpio
07-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Don't go Joe. Ask Vader why.

Bowser
07-15-2006, 08:02 PM
Suprised nobody has said Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka vs. Don "The Magnificant" Muraco in a cage where Snuka came off the top of the cage and hit Muraco.

And I always liked Steamboat.

listopencil
07-15-2006, 08:12 PM
My Favorites were Goldberg coming out and just stomping people at the end of every show on WCW... he was freaking awesome

Yeah, Goldberg was one of my favorites. I saw something just recently that had me just cracking up. Finley vs. Lashley on Smackdown-after Finley won he reached under the ring apron and pulled out a leprechaun. Then he threw the leprechaun at Lashley and it started beating Lashley's ass. A few minutes later he called the leprechaun back and put him back under the ring apron then walked backstage. God that was funny as hell. I've seen the leprechaun since doing things like humping guy's legs during interviews. Man, that leprechaun is some funny shit.

cdcox
07-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Rufus R. Jones vs. Handsome Harley Race.

listopencil
07-15-2006, 08:14 PM
So, anyway...I enjoyed the matches between the NWO and the WWF wrestlers way back when. Especially when they made up the Wolfpack. I won't pay to watch wrestling on TV so I never seee the pay per views but I've thought about renting them at the local video store for when crappy baseball pre-empts wrestling here. Any ideas of some good old pay per views to get?

listopencil
07-15-2006, 08:17 PM
Suprised nobody has said Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka vs. Don "The Magnificant" Muraco in a cage where Snuka came off the top of the cage and hit Muraco.

And I always liked Steamboat.

My sister got Steamboat and his partner's autographs at a match in Hampton Roads, Virginia a very long time ago. Jay Youngblood. That was the guy's name. Jay Youngblood and Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat. Good times. She was all atwitter.

big nasty kcnut
07-15-2006, 08:20 PM
well Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka vs. Don "The Magnificant" Muraco was a little before my time. Also another match i enjoyed is tommy dreamer vs.raven.

big nasty kcnut
07-15-2006, 08:22 PM
listopencil get one night stand 1 and 2 ecw also get wrestlemania dvd.

listopencil
07-15-2006, 08:25 PM
listopencil get one night stand 1 and 2 ecw also get wrestlemania dvd.

Thanx- which Wrestlemania? Any in particular?

Sam Hall
07-15-2006, 08:59 PM
I was fortunate enough to see the match that Bret Hart and Chris Benoit dedicated to Owen at Kemper Arena. I'm glad to mention this one. I felt like that match meant something special.

CoMoChief
07-15-2006, 09:08 PM
I attended the one where Owen Hart fell and died. He fell no more than 50ft from where I was sitting (I had great seats).

TrickyNicky
07-16-2006, 12:13 PM

Found it on google video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6351570473130326613&q=KENTA+Low-Ki

Swanman
07-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Found it on google video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6351570473130326613&q=KENTA+Low-Ki

Kenta does two of the coolest moves in all of pro wrestling: 1) Top rope falcon's arrow - starts off like a superplex but he turns it into a powerbomb-type manuever and 2) Go to Sleep - his finisher where he puts his opponent in a fireman's carry, throws them down a kicks him in the face on the way down.

KcMizzou
07-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Don't know that this belongs here, but I got a chuckle out of it. Check out the lady in front of this guy cracking up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK9v8ggTftg&search=WRESTLING%20CRYING

"It's still real to me damnit!"

Mecca
07-16-2006, 08:18 PM
For selfish reasons, I hope Joe never ends up in WWE. They'll just saddle him with some horrendous gimmick and have him lose to the Undertaker in 2 minutes. Vince doesn't like guys that he did not "create", just look how he treated most of the big WCW names for the first couple years after they joined WWE.

Joe is best when he's allowed to work 30+ minute matches, so he's perfect for TNA and ROH (moreso for ROH, their big matches tend to run 45 minutes minimum). However, right now the only big guaranteed money is in WWE so I wouldn't blame him from that front.

Alot of times Vince only burries guys who were made into big stars outside of his company. Right now, I'm not sure how much that would really fly I don't think that many people who watch WWE are aware of who Samoa Joe is. These are people who think John Cena is good for christ sake.

keg in kc
07-17-2006, 02:26 AM
These are people who think John Cena is good for christ sake.I like Cena. In WWE terms, he's no different than hall of famers like Hogan or the Rock or Austin. Charisma and looks sell, not talent or wrestling ability. That's nothing new.

Jesus, that Low-ki/Kenta match was amazing. Way better than the Samoa Joe match (I like Joe, just didn't think the match was anything). Senshi (Low-ki) is now the X-Division champ in TNA, using his double-stomp as a finisher. It's amazing watching these ROH matches, where finishers don't finish until a half hour into the match and there's been some brutal give-and-take, after watching prime time wrestling WWE or TNA style, where a finisher 2 minutes into a match after you've been dominated wins it.

And none of this "bad guy cheats to win" bullshit.

Ceej
07-17-2006, 06:21 AM
Sort of off topic, a couple of favorite finishers...

Justin Credible's Tombstone Piledriver off the top rope.
Chris Candido's (RIP) standing powerbomb off the top rope.

Ceej
07-17-2006, 06:23 AM
Oh, and also, New Jack's Stage Dive. How can you not enjoy a crazy black man diving out of the crowd 20-30 feet onto a guy on a table?

I also enjoyed Saturn and Kronus' finisher when they were known as the Eliminators. I just forget the name of it. One of them did a kick while the other did a leg sweep simultaneously.

TrickyNicky
07-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Double Elimination. That was a good finisher, and Joey Styles always sold it by screaming DOOUBLE ELIMINATIONNNN! in a high voice.

big nasty kcnut
07-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Best finisher the candian destroyer a flip piledriver

Also the c4 it a combo rock bottom moonsault it so sick.

jlscorpio
07-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Arabian Facebuster - SABU

Mecca
07-17-2006, 04:05 PM
I like Cena. In WWE terms, he's no different than hall of famers like Hogan or the Rock or Austin. Charisma and looks sell, not talent or wrestling ability. That's nothing new.

Jesus, that Low-ki/Kenta match was amazing. Way better than the Samoa Joe match (I like Joe, just didn't think the match was anything). Senshi (Low-ki) is now the X-Division champ in TNA, using his double-stomp as a finisher. It's amazing watching these ROH matches, where finishers don't finish until a half hour into the match and there's been some brutal give-and-take, after watching prime time wrestling WWE or TNA style, where a finisher 2 minutes into a match after you've been dominated wins it.

And none of this "bad guy cheats to win" bullshit.

In terms of talent he's comparable to Hogan for what they can do in the ring......The Rock was atleast a passable wrestler. Austin on the other hand at one time was a really good wrestler, injuries just took their toll on him after awhile.

Ceej
07-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Another finisher was one RVD/Sabu used when they were a tag team. They'd lay their opponent on a table and get on the turnbuckles opposite sides of the ring, RVD would do his 5 Star Frog Splash and Sabu his Arabian Facebuster. Good stuff.

I also agree, that flip piledriver is pretty amazing.

Swanman
07-17-2006, 05:56 PM
Alot of times Vince only burries guys who were made into big stars outside of his company. Right now, I'm not sure how much that would really fly I don't think that many people who watch WWE are aware of who Samoa Joe is. These are people who think John Cena is good for christ sake.

The problem for Samoa Joe in WWE would be that he doesn't fit into one of Vince's two fetishes: he's not a gym bunny and he's not a gigantic fatass (>400 lbs). Vince doesn't really know how to use guys that are just great in the ring. He's really lost it. Now that there's rumors that he's basically taken over the booking for ECW pretty much makes me lose interest in it completely. I almost threw up after watching Al Snow and Little Guido get absolutely squashed by two big stiffs in Mike Knox and Test. The only hope is if they actually use CM Punk the right way and give him a huge push, because he established for years in ROH that he's one of the best in-ring performers in the world.

Swanman
07-17-2006, 05:58 PM
In terms of talent he's comparable to Hogan for what they can do in the ring......The Rock was atleast a passable wrestler. Austin on the other hand at one time was a really good wrestler, injuries just took their toll on him after awhile.

In my opinion, from a pure wrestling skill perspective, Cena's better than Hogan. The difference is that Hogan only wrestled every so often back in the 80's and the storylines were built up over months and months (Savage, Andre, Zeus, etc.) so fans were dying to see him blow off his fueds during the PPVs. Now guys are wrestling at least once a week in big matches so their acts get stale very quickly.

Ceej
07-17-2006, 06:01 PM
Probably my favorite performer...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4866458502713520279&q=label%3Aecw

big nasty kcnut
07-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Speaking of wrestling i met divari and the great khali the great khaili is a big man he could crush your hand easily.

Ceej
07-18-2006, 01:54 AM
Some good ECW clips for you fans.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3542637869226967046&q=label%3Aecw

This one has the sick clip of Sabu being suplexed by Benoit and landing on his head.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5307951751058067325&q=label%3Aecw

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2242778557131304826&q=label%3Aecw

Mecca
07-18-2006, 02:50 AM
The problem for Samoa Joe in WWE would be that he doesn't fit into one of Vince's two fetishes: he's not a gym bunny and he's not a gigantic fatass (>400 lbs). Vince doesn't really know how to use guys that are just great in the ring. He's really lost it. Now that there's rumors that he's basically taken over the booking for ECW pretty much makes me lose interest in it completely. I almost threw up after watching Al Snow and Little Guido get absolutely squashed by two big stiffs in Mike Knox and Test. The only hope is if they actually use CM Punk the right way and give him a huge push, because he established for years in ROH that he's one of the best in-ring performers in the world.

That doesn't exactly surprise me........Most anyone who was associated with ECW is now to old or to broken down to be any kind of big time player now. Not to mention people who were ECW fans will absolutely shit on this no matter what they do I can't exactly blame Vince for taking the approach he's taking with it. The people who were "ECW" fans are very unwilling to accept much of anything.

Swanman
07-18-2006, 04:45 AM
That doesn't exactly surprise me........Most anyone who was associated with ECW is now to old or to broken down to be any kind of big time player now. Not to mention people who were ECW fans will absolutely shit on this no matter what they do I can't exactly blame Vince for taking the approach he's taking with it. The people who were "ECW" fans are very unwilling to accept much of anything.

The one direction they could take it, especially if they want an alternative to the "WWE style" is to make the promotion like ROH and really focus in on the wrestling aspect and get rid of all the sports entertainment crap (like Kelly doing the same strip every single week). Have 25-30 minute long matches and get rid of all the dead weight that can't perform in the ring. That will never happen, however. Vince will use ECW to push stiffs that he likes, but no one else likes.