View Full Version : See-thru propane tanks for BBQ etc.. GENIOUS

theultimatekcchiefsfan
07-13-2006, 09:17 PM
:drool:
Dont see the price listed though.
http://litecylinder.com/index.html

Simplex3
07-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Hmmm, or you could do like I do and keep a full spare in the garage at all times.

ChiefsFire
07-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Hmmm, or you could do like I do and keep a full spare in the garage at all times.

ditto

Moooo
07-13-2006, 10:33 PM

Or use charcoal if its really a make or break issue for you to see how full your tank is.

I think is a cool ideal nonetheless, but I wonder if its as strong as a full metal tank.

Moooo

listopencil
07-13-2006, 11:12 PM
I don't know anything about propane tanks except what I learned from King Of The Hill. Is that test video they have on their site indicative of a high quality container?

PastorMikH
07-14-2006, 01:48 AM
I don't know anything about propane tanks except what I learned from King Of The Hill. Is that test video they have on their site indicative of a high quality container?

One thing I noticed is the test tank did not explode or rupture, spewing flaming gas like a flamethrower like the steel ones can do. It just started leaking gas which burned up in the fire.

KC Jones
07-14-2006, 08:02 AM

yeah... and then if you're a lazy sumbitch like me you forget to have the spare filled after you swap it out. Next thing you know they're both out when you have steaks on the grill and it's late on a Sunday.

:banghead:

DMAC
07-14-2006, 08:05 AM
yeah... and then if you're a lazy sumbitch like me you forget to have the spare filled after you swap it out. Next thing you know they're both out when you have steaks on the grill and it's late on a Sunday.

:banghead:That's the adventure part of it, Jones!!!

ExtremeChief
07-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Some of them have a strip on the side that you can put water on that will show the level.

Or, you could just use a pellet grill.

htismaqe
07-14-2006, 08:53 AM
Propane = grilling

Propane <> BBQ

;)

Donger
07-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Neat idea, but why don't more people who use gas to grill just hook up to their home's natural gas supply?