PDA

View Full Version : Just snapped out of my meat-induced coma...

dtebbe
07-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Man.. I didn't know if I was going to make it!

We went to Fogo de Chao last night and OH MY GOD. 15 kinds of meat, all you can eat, served up right on your table. And they were prime cuts, baby! Well woth the $46 price per person.

My favorite 3 were:
Bottom Sirloin
Filet
Hand-stuffed pork sasuage

http://www.fogodechao.com/dining.htm

DT

Demonpenz
07-16-2006, 09:41 PM
glad to see you and denver chief are getting along

SBK
07-16-2006, 09:47 PM
I've heard that place is great, haven't been yet. I'm pretty much addicted to Maggianos.

listopencil
07-16-2006, 09:48 PM
How are the meat curtains there? Lots of sauce?

dtebbe
07-16-2006, 10:05 PM
I've heard that place is great, haven't been yet. I'm pretty much addicted to Maggianos.

I love Maggianos too. To be worth it you have to be a SERIOUS meat-eater to get your $$ worth at Fogo. But all of the cuts are like what you would get in the finest steakhouse, and the service is just awesome. My advice, sleep in till noon the day of the visit, have a bagel when you wake up, and then make a reservation at Fogo for about 8p, and eat nothing till you get there.

If you like Greek food, Kyma (which is right up the street from Fogo) is very, very good. Pricey, but excellent. There is another Greek place off Juniper that is just as good and less expensive - Avra Greek Tavern. And as far as steak, McKendricks is hands down my favorite in ATL.

DT

Bugeater
07-16-2006, 10:22 PM
http://meatamanda.illnourished.com/images/meat.gif

Iowanian
07-16-2006, 10:26 PM
I was tempted to make a joke about that being the reason denverchief hasn't been around much....but that would be cliche

Probably whats keeping mrblonde away....that prison meat induced coma.

SBK
07-17-2006, 12:50 AM
I was tempted to make a joke about that being the reason denverchief hasn't been around much....but that would be cliche

Probably whats keeping mrblonde away....that prison meat induced coma.

ROFL

Prison meat induced coma. That ones pretty bad. :)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
07-17-2006, 01:09 AM
That place is amazing!!! :drool:

Ultra Peanut
07-17-2006, 04:30 AM
glad to see you and denver chief are getting alongMasterstroke.

Phobia
07-17-2006, 05:38 AM
I've been pimping that place for a long time. I've actually taken several members of this site there when they came through Houston.

NLU Tailgater
07-17-2006, 09:18 AM
It's a real carne-val. he he he....

I saw a bunch of the Chiefs O-lineman at the one in Dallas (Addison) the night before the Cowboys last year. Not sure that would be my night before gameday meal, but I am sure their metabolisms can handle it.
Too bad we blew that game....