PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsNation...

kc1977
07-18-2006, 06:13 AM
What is this thing anyways? It sounds pretty retarded. I signed up so I would be able to purchase single game tickets two days earlier, but as far as I can tell, I can't log in to anything. Is there really anything to this, or is this just another way to collect $10 and not put it towards signing Ty Law?

greg63
07-18-2006, 06:21 AM
What is this thing anyways? It sounds pretty retarded. I signed up so I would be able to purchase single game tickets two days earlier, but as far as I can tell, I can't log in to anything. Is there really anything to this, or is this just another way to collect $10 and not put it towards signing Ty Law?

Sure there is; there's this really neat graphic.

DaFace
07-18-2006, 07:21 AM
The major benefit as I see it is that you get to buy single-game tickets ahead of everyone but Jackson County residents. That goes for playoff tickets, too.

"Single game tickets go on sale July 31 and August 1 to Jackson County residents, August 2 to CHIEFS NATION members, August 3 to Season Ticket Holders and August 4 to the general public. Tickets will go on sale at 8:00 am all week."

That could make a big difference in where you get seats, I'd think. Or whether you get seats at all, when it comes to the playoffs.

DaKCMan AP
07-18-2006, 07:29 AM
Thank you for contributing to the Lamar Hunt Retirement Fund. Your donation is appreciated and we look forward to taking more of your money in the future.

Lzen
07-18-2006, 07:29 AM
...is this just another way to collect $10...

Phobia
07-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Chiefs nation is the new Coke Classic.

DMAC
07-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Chiefs nation is the new Coke Classic.More like Crystal Pepsi.

luv
07-18-2006, 10:54 AM
The major benefit as I see it is that you get to buy single-game tickets ahead of everyone but Jackson County residents. That goes for playoff tickets, too.

"Single game tickets go on sale July 31 and August 1 to Jackson County residents, August 2 to CHIEFS NATION members, August 3 to Season Ticket Holders and August 4 to the general public. Tickets will go on sale at 8:00 am all week."

That could make a big difference in where you get seats, I'd think. Or whether you get seats at all, when it comes to the playoffs.
That is BS, IMO. Someone who spends a measely $10 to get on a site gets priority over someone who has spent $790 for a season ticket (and who only gets just one season ticket)? Complete BS.

greg63
07-18-2006, 10:58 AM
That is BS, IMO. Someone who spends a measely $10 to get on a site gets priority over someone who has spent $790 for a season ticket (and who only gets just one season ticket)? Complete BS.

Did ya get my PM?

KCTitus
07-18-2006, 10:58 AM

?? You have a ticket to every single game that will be yours unless you decide not to renew. Why would you want a single game ticket?

luv
07-18-2006, 11:08 AM
?? You have a ticket to every single game that will be yours unless you decide not to renew. Why would you want a single game ticket?
For instance, my dad has two seson tickets. There is someone who always goes to the game with him. A few times a year, I like to go (usually around my birthday in November and around New Years). Either the person who usually goes with him has to not go, or we try to score a ticket somewhat close to where his seats are at.

KCTitus
07-18-2006, 11:11 AM
For instance, my dad has two seson tickets. There is someone who always goes to the game with him. A few times a year, I like to go (usually around my birthday in November and around New Years). Either the person who usually goes with him has to not go, or we try to score a ticket somewhat close to where his seats are at.

I fail to see the problem to give others priority to single game tickets even given that situation.

luv
07-18-2006, 11:13 AM
I fail to see the problem to give others priority to single game tickets even given that situation.
I guess I would be more inclined to give someone priority who has already spent at least $790 over someone who has spent $10.

KCTitus
07-18-2006, 11:16 AM
I guess I would be more inclined to give someone priority who has already spent at least $790 over someone who has spent $10.

They already have priority...they get their ticket--to every single game--before all the others in that list.

luv
07-18-2006, 11:20 AM
They already have priority...they get their ticket--to every single game--before all the others in that list.
I'm talking about purchasing other tickets. Even season holders might want to do that every once in awhile. Say for gatherings (such as the CP gathering in October). I'm sure they are members of Chiefs Nation, but why should they have to spend the $10 extra dollars to get priority whenever they have already spent quite a bit?

I'm not trying to change your opinion. I'm just stating mine.

SPchief
07-18-2006, 11:22 AM

So what you are saying is that the chiefs should hold off selling single game tickets to the people who probably can't afford to pay for season tickets. But can afford to pay $10 to get priority for said single game tickets, so that every season ticket holders can check to see if they need single game tickets for their friends/family members?

greg63
07-18-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm talking about purchasing other tickets. Even season holders might want to do that every once in awhile. Say for gatherings (such as the CP gathering in October). I'm sure they are members of Chiefs Nation, but why should they have to spend the $10 extra dollars to get priority whenever they have already spent quite a bit?

They probably figure that they've spent so much already; they wouldn't mind spending an extra $10.00 bucks. :shrug:

htismaqe
07-18-2006, 11:24 AM

You paid to be a season ticket holder. As such, you've received your season tickets.

Season ticket holder status should have ZERO bearing on single-game tickets. You didn't pay for that when you bought season tickets.

KCTitus

Again, why would a season ticket holder need a second seat? It's near impossible to sit in two seats at once.

If we want to refer to your specific instance, why dont you pony up the 10 bucks for dad so he can get you a ticket if you want?

luv
So what you are saying is that the chiefs should hold off selling single game tickets to the people who probably can't afford to pay for season tickets. But can afford to pay $10 to get priority for said single game tickets, so that every season ticket holders can check to see if they need single game tickets for their friends/family members?
That a little extreme, but yes. And it's not like they're having to wait until they open the gates or something. They're still getting them in advance. They just have to wait one more day.

luv
07-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Again, why would a season ticket holder need a second seat? It's near impossible to sit in two seats at once.

If we want to refer to your specific instance, why dont you pony up the 10 bucks for dad so he can get you a ticket if you want?
Can I borrow $10?

greg63
07-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Can I borrow $10?

...Better ask what the interest rate is. :D

KCTitus
07-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Can I borrow $10?

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/careertools

luv
07-18-2006, 11:41 AM
http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/careertools
LOL

I was kidding. I do have a job.

KCTitus
07-18-2006, 11:47 AM
LOL

I was kidding. I do have a job.

...or you could move to Jackson County. Then you'd really have priority on all those tickets.

luv
07-18-2006, 11:49 AM
...or you could move to Jackson County. Then you'd really have priority on all those tickets.
That would make for a looong drive to work in Nixa...lol.

greg63
07-18-2006, 11:51 AM
That would make for a looong drive to work in Nixa...lol.

Do you get paid for milage?

KCTitus
07-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Do you get paid for milage?

Good idea...at 40 cents @ mile, you'd probably have 10 bucks in no time to get priority.

greg63
07-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Good idea...at 40 cents @ mile, you'd probably have 10 bucks in no time to get priority.

:hmmm:

ChiefsCountry
07-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Ok I talked to someone at the Chiefs, here is the scoop on ChiefsNation. Its basically just a fan club of the Chiefs. Now for single game tickets, it goes Jackson County, then season ticket holders and ChiefsNation, then general public. Also she said that its still in the development stage so expect things to be a little rough at first.

DaFace
07-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Ok I talked to someone at the Chiefs, here is the scoop on ChiefsNation. Its basically just a fan club of the Chiefs. Now for single game tickets, it goes Jackson County, then season ticket holders and ChiefsNation, then general public. Also she said that its still in the development stage so expect things to be a little rough at first.

According to their website, anyway, you've got the order wrong. ChiefsNation comes before PSL holders. Could be a typo I guess. :shrug:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/tickets/single_game_tickets/

kc1977
07-18-2006, 02:47 PM

If this is the case, I want my $10 back. This is the reason that I joined the "Nation".

LocoChiefsFan
07-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah there is supposed to be some kind of membership card mailed out. I payed for this months ago. Still nothing. I know, I know.... SUCCKKKKEEEERRR!!!!!