PDA

View Full Version : Sonics to OKC in 2007-08

58-4ever
07-18-2006, 04:31 PM
This sucks. I was starting to like the Hornets' team: Chris Paul, Peja Stoyakovic, Desmond Mason, Tyson Chandler, David West. Those guys are going to the playoffs.

SEATTLE (AP) — A group from Oklahoma City has agreed to buy the Seattle SuperSonics and the Seattle Storm, the Sonics said Tuesday.

The Basketball Club of Seattle, which owns the Sonics and the Seattle Storm of the WNBA, will sell the team to the Professional Basketball Club LLC, headed by Oklahoma City businessman Clay Bennett. Bennet said at an afternoon news conference in Seattle that whether the Sonics remain in Seattle for the long term would depend on whether the team can reach an agreement with the city to replace or renovate KeyArena.

"It is not our intention to move or relocate the teams," Bennet said.

No price was immediately reported, but Sonics majority owner Howard Schultz said the team turned down higher bids from groups that sought to move the Sonics immediately.

"It is really impossible to communicate how difficult this decision has been for us to make," Schultz said.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

HemiEd
07-18-2006, 04:52 PM
So why would you make the thread title read as it does?

58-4ever
07-18-2006, 05:03 PM
So why would you make the thread title read as it does?

What would you prefer? They say they have no intention of moving the team unless the city doesn't pay for renovations. They won't, and the Sonics will move to OKC.

HemiEd
07-18-2006, 05:07 PM
What would you prefer? They say they have no intention of moving the team unless the city doesn't pay for renovations. They won't, and the Sonics will move to OKC.

Maybe one that actually represents what the article says. Like, OKC city buyers to purchase the Seattle teams. I would have still read it.

ChiefsCountry
07-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Dang I was hoping KC would get them.

Joe Seahawk
07-18-2006, 06:11 PM
A local radio report just said Paul Allen pulled the Blazers off the market..Hmmmm

The Seattle Trailblazers? (http://www.orbusmax.com/)

58-4ever
07-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Maybe one that actually represents what the article says. Like, OKC city buyers to purchase the Seattle teams. I would have still read it.

Because IMO it represents the Sonics future. You can disagree if you want. :rockon: