PDA

View Full Version : When will the Royals and the Yanks complete their trade?

Pitt Gorilla
07-18-2006, 08:53 PM
A deal seems imminent. Each team has had scouts throughout the other team's minors. The Yanks want Sanders and possibly Dessens. We could be getting a former Mizzou player (Ehlers) or someone else (?).

ChiefsCountry
07-18-2006, 09:10 PM
I want CJ Henry, their prized SS. Add him to Gordon, Butler and the Boys and we would be looking real good.

58-4ever
07-18-2006, 09:21 PM
I hope it happens. I don't think Dayton will get hoodwinked like Baird did so many times.

Pitt Gorilla
07-18-2006, 09:35 PM
I hope it happens. I don't think Dayton will get hoodwinked like Baird did so many times.Could be, but Baird didn't do so poorly. Considering he got Huber for nothing and Teahen/Buck/Wood for a few months of Beltran, I think he did ok.

Miles
07-18-2006, 09:36 PM
I want CJ Henry, their prized SS. Add him to Gordon, Butler and the Boys and we would be looking real good.

For Reggie Sanders?

Eleazar
07-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Read rumors of a Gotay to Mets deal in some kind of 2B for 2B swap too.

Pitt Gorilla
07-18-2006, 09:42 PM
Read rumors of a Gotay to Mets deal in some kind of 2B for 2B swap too.That one didn't seem too exciting. The guy appeared to be a slightly better hitter, but he's also 2 years older.

Mecca
07-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Atleast Moore isn't afraid to make deals.....Baird was far to in love with every one of the Royals own prospects to ever make a nice deal.

tk13
07-18-2006, 09:53 PM
That one didn't seem too exciting. The guy appeared to be a slightly better hitter, but he's also 2 years older.
I like that deal. Keppinger's hit everywhere he's ever played. Seems like one of those guys that doesn't have flashy tools but just produces.

Jayson Stark seems to think we're trying to ship Reggie to the Yankees, the Phillies want too much for Abreu and the Royals seem content to get a deal done. Although there have been rumors that the Reds are also interested in Sanders and Dessens.

All kinds of rumors flying around though. The one I found most interesting is that the Royals have been scouting Ryan Shealy. The Rockies have been calling about Affeldt and Dessens. Shealy is a beast, if we could land him that would be amazing. We definitely have some pieces to trade. Even though our bullpen sucks right now guys like Affeldt and MacDougal and Dessens just have good arms. And the market for any decent reliever right now is pretty high.

Eleazar
07-18-2006, 10:31 PM
I have to wonder what will happen with Redman. He should have some value.

Miles
07-18-2006, 10:33 PM
I have to wonder what will happen with Redman. He should have some value.

Around this time of the year someone will always see some value in a lefty who is healty.

Archie Bunker
07-19-2006, 03:40 PM
The Gotay for Keppinger deal is done. Good trade by Moore IMO

Archie Bunker
07-19-2006, 04:11 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2006/07/royals_rumors_r.html

According to my Royals source, Dayton Moore has finished evaluating his roster and the team is about to become quite active in the trade market.

You saw the Mark Redman rumor yesterday. Today MLBTradeRumors has learned of a possible deal in the works between the Rockies and Royals. The Rox are looking for relievers, and the Royals have Elmer Dessens and Jeremy Affeldt available. Mike MacDougal also has a chance to be dealt. The Royals would prefer to unload shortstop Angel Berroa and just one reliever to get first baseman Ryan Shealy. That way other relievers could snag more value in separate deals.

Shealy has had all kinds of suitors over the last few months, and he is likely to be dealt for relief help this month.

tk13
07-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Ahhhh, don't excite me. If we could land Shealy I'd be doing jumping jacks. I'd trade Berroa and Affeldt for him in a second.

I don't know how reputable that site is, but seems like a lot of the different newspapers are reporting rumors involving us. The Denver Post did say we were scouting Shealy. I believe the Red Sox have been interested in Redman... and he pitched great against them today. The Braves were interested in Gobble... the Reds and Yankees are interested in Dessens and Sanders. Landing Shealy would be awesome though... we would have a sickening group of young hitters.

Eleazar
07-19-2006, 04:44 PM
If Moore can relieve us of Berroa, Affeldt, and MacDougal all in the span of a week, I think beatification is in order.

Sure-Oz
07-19-2006, 05:34 PM
If we get Shealy then what about Teahan? Trade bait to SD for pitching?

big nasty kcnut
07-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Get us trevor hoffman.

Sure-Oz
07-19-2006, 05:54 PM
Get us trevor hoffman.
He's like 37, no thanks

beavis
07-19-2006, 06:15 PM
The Royals would prefer to unload shortstop Angel Berroa and just one reliever to get first baseman Ryan Shealy.
PBJ

Adept Havelock
07-19-2006, 06:17 PM
If Moore can relieve us of Berroa, Affeldt, and MacDougal all in the span of a week, I think beatification is in order.

ROFL :clap:

Eleazar
07-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Royals acquire Keppinger from Mets
Gotay sent to New York in swap of Minor Leaguers

The Kansas City Royals and New York Mets completed a deal that sent Jeff Keppinger to Kansas City and Ruben Gotay to New York in a swap of Minor League second basemen.

With much speculation circling around possible trades involving Reggie Sanders, Tony Graffanino and Mark Redman by the July 31 non-waiver trading deadline, Kansas City took part in a Minor League deal Wednesday.

In the Minors, Gotay, a 23-year-old switch-hitter, was batting .264 with nine home runs and 43 RBIs. Keppinger was batting .299 with two home runs and 26 RBIs.

Gotay was once in line to be the Royals' second baseman of the future, but struggled at times in the field and at the plate when he got opportunities at the Major League level. Gotay appeared in 44 games and batted .270 for the Royals in 2004, but in 86 games with Kansas City in 2005, Gotay slumped to .227 at the plate. In 123 career games at the Major League level with the Royals, Gotay had a .981 fielding percentage.

Sure-Oz
07-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Berroa, Affeldt, Dessens really have no future here. I like Affeldt as a person but as a player he has pretty much not lived up to his potential here. We'll see what happens, berroa can go no cares there.

JBucc
07-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Royals acquire Keppinger from Mets
Gotay sent to New York in swap of Minor Leaguers

The Kansas City Royals and New York Mets completed a deal that sent Jeff Keppinger to Kansas City and Ruben Gotay to New York in a swap of Minor League second basemen.

With much speculation circling around possible trades involving Reggie Sanders, Tony Graffanino and Mark Redman by the July 31 non-waiver trading deadline, Kansas City took part in a Minor League deal Wednesday.

In the Minors, Gotay, a 23-year-old switch-hitter, was batting .264 with nine home runs and 43 RBIs. Keppinger was batting .299 with two home runs and 26 RBIs.

Gotay was once in line to be the Royals' second baseman of the future, but struggled at times in the field and at the plate when he got opportunities at the Major League level. Gotay appeared in 44 games and batted .270 for the Royals in 2004, but in 86 games with Kansas City in 2005, Gotay slumped to .227 at the plate. In 123 career games at the Major League level with the Royals, Gotay had a .981 fielding percentage.I really don't know how to feel about that.

Reaper16
07-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Hearing about any deal that has Berroa leaving is like soothing balm of aloe vera spread tenderly across one's skin.

CoMoChief
07-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Could be, but Baird didn't do so poorly. Considering he got Huber for nothing and Teahen/Buck/Wood for a few months of Beltran, I think he did ok.

What we should have done is kept Beltran. Regardless of how much he wanted. Same goes with Dye and Damon. Funny how they're all All-Stars now.

Sam Hall
07-19-2006, 07:28 PM
I wish the Royals could trade their rights to Luke Hochevar to the Yankees for Phillip Hughes. That sounds pretty good right now.

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2006, 07:35 PM

ROFL bwaaahhaaaaa!!! That's great.

SCTrojan
07-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Hearing about any deal that has Berroa leaving is like soothing balm of aloe vera spread tenderly across one's skin.
ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2006, 08:21 PM
What we should have done is kept Beltran. Regardless of how much he wanted. Same goes with Dye and Damon. Funny how they're all All-Stars now.

Gosh, it was so easy. And right under our noses, too. Just keep Beltran. Why didn't we think of that? Dye, Damon, Beltran. What an outfield!!!

JFC...

Pitt Gorilla
07-19-2006, 08:24 PM
I still like Mac as the closer.

If we trade Berroa, who is playing short?

Pitt Gorilla
07-19-2006, 08:25 PM
Gosh, it was so easy. And right under our noses, too. Just keep Beltran. Why didn't we think of that? Dye, Damon, Beltran. What an outfield!!!

JFC...
Great idea! Then, when we offered him even more money and he left to the Mets, we wouldn't have Teahen, Wood, or Buck. WOW!

petegz28
07-19-2006, 08:58 PM
I still like Mac as the closer.

If we trade Berroa, who is playing short?

I am wondering if German could make that transition...

Reaper16
07-19-2006, 08:59 PM
Great idea! Then, when we offered him even more money and he left to the Mets, we wouldn't have Teahen, Wood, or Buck. WOW!
We would have gotten compensation draft picks, though...

tk13
07-19-2006, 09:06 PM
I don't know, German's not very good defensively. I think Moore wants the middle infield defense to be more solid, hence trading Berroa.

I've never been a big fan of trading Mac or Affeldt away, but right now the market for relievers is nuts. So many teams in the race all looking for anything they can find in the bullpen. We've got some pieces, I wouldn't be afraid to pull the trigger in a good deal.

petegz28
07-19-2006, 09:12 PM
I don't know, German's not very good defensively. I think Moore wants the middle infield defense to be more solid, hence trading Berroa.

I've never been a big fan of trading Mac or Affeldt away, but right now the market for relievers is nuts. So many teams in the race all looking for anything they can find in the bullpen. We've got some pieces, I wouldn't be afraid to pull the trigger in a good deal.

I will trade Affeldt in a heartbeat ...not Mac though. Affeldt is too unreliale and we have wasted enough time with him. I only say keep him right now because Sisco is useless right now.

If we want defense then we need to teach Blanco to hit. But as I understand it German is our 2nd basemen of the future so I thought maybe he can trasnition to short because he does have the speed and the arm.

beavis
07-19-2006, 09:18 PM
This post was so fresh and insightful. Rep for you!

beavis
07-19-2006, 09:20 PM
If we want defense then we need to teach Blanco to hit.
Great plan. If only someone would have thought of that with Berroa...

Sure-Oz
07-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah cause we could've afforded all 3?? Dye was the only one that really wanted to stay out of all 3 if any of them. If we had them all we would've led the league in runs scored and alot of offensive categories, of course we would've likely been in 3rd place in our div, cause we have no pitching.

Mecca
07-19-2006, 09:53 PM
I will trade Affeldt in a heartbeat ...not Mac though. Affeldt is too unreliale and we have wasted enough time with him. I only say keep him right now because Sisco is useless right now.

If we want defense then we need to teach Blanco to hit. But as I understand it German is our 2nd basemen of the future so I thought maybe he can trasnition to short because he does have the speed and the arm.

Germans 29......I don't really think he's the future of much of anything.

By offering up pitchers right now the Royals can basically make teams offer an overabundance of things they generally wouldn't that's pretty smart for a team that doesn't have alot in the minors.