PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone hear Lin Elliott on 810 this morning?

cmh6476
07-19-2006, 07:18 AM
i didnt think they'd ever find his body

Fire Me Boy!
07-19-2006, 07:22 AM
What did he have to say?

tomahawk kid
07-19-2006, 07:25 AM
Let me guess....

St John and Dorksco built it up like they were going to completely dog him on the air.

Then, once he called in, they were nice, cordial and asked him how his insurance sales were going......

cmh6476
07-19-2006, 07:31 AM
actually, he just asked about his misses later in his career, and asked some specific question about the colts playoff game, from what I caught.

Rain Man
07-19-2006, 07:37 AM
I'll bet Lin made three wrong numbers before he finally got the call in number correct.

HarryParatestes
07-19-2006, 07:39 AM
probaby phoned in from a cave next door to bin_Laden's.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 07:47 AM
He talked about the field conditions in the Colts game. Apparently, they weren't able to kick with the net on the sidelines because it was icy and the field was frozen solid, so he wore a tennis shoe on his plant foot for the first time in his career.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 07:51 AM
He talked about the field conditions in the Colts game. Apparently, they weren't able to kick with the net on the sidelines because it was icy and the field was frozen solid, so he wore a tennis shoe on his plant foot for the first time in his career.

Ok, I can understand that, but he was missing XP's on a regular basis the last 4 weeks of that season to the point that XP's were 'in doubt'. Dude was struggling long before that game.

cmh6476
07-19-2006, 07:53 AM
Ok, I can understand that, but he was missing XP's on a regular basis the last 4 weeks of that season to the point that XP's were 'in doubt'. Dude was struggling long before that game.
He was asked about the 2 missed EPs in either the SD or Oak game, and he said the field conditions were so terrible there it was like he was kicking from a sandbox

:|

you should be able to make an EP kicking from a sandbox :mad:

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 07:56 AM
He was asked about the 2 missed EPs in either the SD or Oak game, and he said the field conditions were so terrible there it was like he was kicking from a sandbox...

:rolleyes:

ROYC75
07-19-2006, 07:58 AM
Excuses are like asshole Lin.......... like a hand in a glove, you are a perfect match for excuses, asshole.

StcChief
07-19-2006, 08:01 AM
tennis shoe over spikes? how about track spikes WTF

I've walked on frozen turn in tennis shoes, it's not safe.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 08:01 AM
He flat out said that he hates excuses. He took 100% of the blame.

Even talking about the fact about the shoe in the Indy game, he took the blame for not trying it out beforehand...

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 08:03 AM
tennis shoe over spikes? how about track spikes WTF

I've walked on frozen turn in tennis shoes, it's not safe.

They tarp the fields and blow warm air under them. The frozen turf on that day had no water in it, so it's like walking on concrete, not slippery grass.

milkman
07-19-2006, 08:07 AM
Excuses are like asshole Lin.......... like a hand in a glove, you are a perfect match for excuses, asshole.

Lin Elliot has the best ****in' excuse ever!

MARTY! :cuss:

Rain Man
07-19-2006, 08:11 AM
I know we hate him and he and Paul Hackett cost us the Super Bowl and everything, but at the same time, you have to feel bad for someone who will be trailed for the rest of his life by three bad five-second segments of his life.

milkman
07-19-2006, 08:18 AM
I know we hate him and he and Paul Hackett cost us the Super Bowl and everything, but at the same time, you have to feel bad for someone who will be trailed for the rest of his life by three bad five-second segments of his life.

Once again.
Repeat after me.

MARTY! :cuss:

Hackett and Elliot were just symptoms.

Marty was the ****in' disease.

bobbything
07-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Elliot should have made those field goals, however, listening to St. John talk to Marcus Allen last week made it apparent that Schottenheimer and Hackett were the real problem.

I didn't realize that KC was #1 in the league in rushing that year. Allen said that the coaches completely got away from their game plan of running the ball. Said that when you're gaining 5 yards per carry in freezing cold weather, why on earth would you ever start throwing the ball?

He said that was the biggest downfall. Not necessarily Lin Elliot.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Elliot should have made those field goals, however, listening to St. John talk to Marcus Allen last week made it apparent that Schottenheimer and Hackett were the real problem.

I didn't realize that KC was #1 in the league in rushing that year. Allen said that the coaches completely got away from their game plan of running the ball. Said that when you're gaining 5 yards per carry in freezing cold weather, why on earth would you ever start throwing the ball?

Yep.

We never should have been in the postion to lose on a missed FG.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 09:08 AM

This has been confirmed by multiple players on those teams, that Martry changed everything up going into the playoffs. Other players have stated that they even brought in 'new' plays that had never been practiced prior to the playoffs starting.

DJJasonp
07-19-2006, 09:09 AM

Somewhat.....but he is (was) a professional getting paid to do ONE thing...and that is kick the ball through the uprights....

If all you have to do is one task - dont you think you would take your profession and job a little more seriously in that you would "test out" your new shoe theory on the frozen turf beforehand? Maybe get out a few hours before gametime and test it out?

The most important game of the season - and this knob job tries something he has never done in his career ever - and even worse, without even practicing the new method.

I have no sympathy for kickers....you should have plenty of practice time to kick the freakin ball through the uprights....you're not running drills, you're not practicing the oklahoma drill.....you're kicking the ball - and you're getting paid very well to do it. If you think about salary versus production (number of opportunities or plays)...kickers are probably the highest paid players in the league..you take a kicker making 200,000 a year...let's say they are involved on average 7 plays a game (excluding kickoffs)...that's 112 plays a season...that's almost $1,800 a play.....with that said, you should be held accountable for your performance.

phew....I feel better now! Sorry...Lin brings the worst out of me.

tomahawk kid
07-19-2006, 09:10 AM
This has been confirmed by multiple players on those teams, that Martry changed everything up going into the playoffs. Other players have stated that they even brought in 'new' plays that had never been practiced prior to the playoffs starting.

Wow. Just.....wow.

Moooo
07-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Yep.

We never should have been in the postion to lose on a missed FG.

I think I can forgive him. I mean when you're the kicker and you suck, what do you do? I don't know anyone who would intentionally give up their job. You just hopefully kick through it (kinda like Tynes in preseason), and go on. He just never got over it.

That whole game sucked for us all the way around... Lin was the worst, but we should have never been in that position, especially considering we knew pretty much not to count on him for ANYTHING.

Moooo

milkman
07-19-2006, 09:12 AM

I've been making this same argument for years.

I've speculated that Marty went away from the ground game because he wanted to make sure Marcus was fresh for the fourth qtr.

He wanted to attemt to ensure he had a fresh Marcus to potentially protect a lead.

He went away from the gameplan that was working in order to Martyball the fourth qtr.

It didn't work.

Lin Elliot
07-19-2006, 09:12 AM
Good God people. Let it rest!

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 09:14 AM

Hey man, we're defending you. Shut up and enjoy it. It's the only chance you'll ever get.

StcChief
07-19-2006, 09:16 AM
I think my feet are still frost bite from that game.

Damn Kickers.. Damn Marty. :cuss:

milkman
07-19-2006, 09:16 AM

What Htismaque said.

And the people that we are ragging you will not let it go until the Chiefs finally win a playoff game, at the earliest.

Some will never let it go.

Frazod
07-19-2006, 09:18 AM
So in the '96 playoff game against Indy, if we'd had good weather, we'd have probably won.

And in the '04 playoff game against Indy, if we'd had bad weather, we'd have probably won.

F#ck.

:cuss:

chagrin
07-19-2006, 09:20 AM
He's lying about the conditions during that SD game, it was a beautiful sunny day, not too hot - and he friggin shanked the EP, I hate that guy

milkman
07-19-2006, 09:23 AM
He's lying about the conditions during that SD game, it was a beautiful sunny day, not too hot - and he friggin shanked the EP, I hate that guy

Field conditions are not necessarily the result of weather.

C-Mac
07-19-2006, 10:01 AM
"Laces out...." :cuss:

Kerberos
07-19-2006, 10:06 AM
I think my[b] feet are still frost bite [\b] from that game.

Damn Kickers.. Damn Marty. :cuss:

Yup

My feet were so Flipp'n cold that I didn't really care that we had lost the game till I got to my vehicle and got warm. That was the coldest f***ing game I have ever had the displeasure of sitting through and watching. It kinds of adds insult to injury having to freeze your ass off watching Marty and the kicker lose the game for 'em.

Rain Man
07-19-2006, 10:07 AM

I'm trying to recall - was it this game or the '97 game where Hackett headed out on a job interview the week before the game instead of working on a FREAKING GAME PLAN FOR A FREAKING PLAYOFF GAME!

As much as Elliott should've made those field goals, Hackett is the villain of all villains. That was the worst game plan I've ever seen in a professional sports game.

chagrin
07-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Field conditions are not necessarily the result of weather.

From the "no shit" file

The field conditions were fine, nobody else had a problem with them, including the other kicker

milkman
07-19-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm trying to recall - was it this game or the '97 game where Hackett headed out on a job interview the week before the game instead of working on a FREAKING GAME PLAN FOR A FREAKING PLAYOFF GAME!

As much as Elliott should've made those field goals, Hackett is the villain of all villains. That was the worst game plan I've ever seen in a professional sports game.

Once again.
Say it with me.

MARTY!!!

It was the '97 game.

milkman
07-19-2006, 10:17 AM
From the "no shit" file

The field conditions were fine, nobody else had a problem with them, including the other kicker

I'm not making excuses for Elliot, nor am I excusing his suckage.

However, the other kicker would have the knowledge and experience of those particular field conditions that Elliot wouldn't.

In the end, it doesn't matter, cause Marty would have found another way to **** it all up, anyway.

Kerberos
07-19-2006, 10:51 AM
Once again.
Say it with me.

MARTY!!!

It was the '97 game.

I'm not making excuses for Elliot, nor am I excusing his suckage.

However, the other kicker would have the knowledge and experience of those particular field conditions that Elliot wouldn't.

In the end, it doesn't matter, cause Marty would have found another way to **** it all up, anyway.

I may be going out on limb here but I am sensing that you have some hostility towards Marty Shotgunhider?

:hmmm:

milkman
07-19-2006, 10:54 AM
I may be going out on limb here but I am sensing that you have some hostility towards Marty Shotgunhider?

:hmmm:

Look at my "location" just below the avatar.

I've had that listed as my location since the very first day on this board, and find it highly unlikely that I'll be changing it anytime soon.

StcChief
07-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Once again.
Say it with me.

MARTY!!!

It was the '97 game.It was after 1995 season.
Game was in Jan 1996 game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_playoffs,_1995-96#AFC:_Indianapolis_Colts_10.2C_Kansas_City_Chiefs_7

Say this with me along and with the rest of the faithful at Arrowhead.

JESUS H - CHRIST

Eleazar
07-19-2006, 10:55 AM
We lost due to overly conservative play, 80%, and L-- E----- 20%.

58-4ever
07-19-2006, 11:04 AM
What Htismaque said.

And the people that we are ragging you will not let it go until the Chiefs finally win a playoff game, at the earliest.

Some will never let it go.

I won't ever let it go. I was 14 and had just started following the Chiefs religiously. I wanted to kick his ass after that January game in 1996. And it was extremely cold that day. That's probably the only thing that prevented me from sprinting to 1 Arrowhead Drive to KILL LIN ELLIOT!

58-4ever
07-19-2006, 11:05 AM
There was also a go-ahead TD pass that went right through Lake Dawson's hands. :shake:

KingPriest2
07-19-2006, 11:09 AM

He missed 3 all year

He was 24 out of 30 80.6 percent. and 34 out of 37 om XPx

milkman
07-19-2006, 11:11 AM
It was after 1995 season.
Game was in Jan 1996 game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_playoffs,_1995-96#AFC:_Indianapolis_Colts_10.2C_Kansas_City_Chiefs_7

Say this with me along and with the rest of the faithful at Arrowhead.

JESUS H - CHRIST

Oops.

championjets69
07-19-2006, 11:14 AM
I am NYJ fan since 65 & I just wish to warn you guys that after 1 game you will be calling for Shotty to come back after you have watched Herm manage a game. In 2 years he will have your team in the crapper just like he has done to the NYJs :drool:

\i didnt think they'd ever find his body

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 11:15 AM
He missed 3 all year

He was 24 out of 30 80.6 percent. and 34 out of 37 om XPx

Yep...he was missing them toward the end of the season, missing figgies as well. I remember him being very inconsistent, leading into the playoffs and it carried into the playoffs. Marty never should have relied on the guy.

milkman
07-19-2006, 11:16 AM
I am NYJ fan since 65 & I just wish to warn you guys that after 1 game you will be calling for Shotty to come back after you have watched Herm watch a game

\

Wow.

A Jets fan that doesn't like Hermie!

Who'da thunk it?

Phobia
07-19-2006, 11:17 AM
Let me guess; the field conditions were horrible when he did the same thing to Dallas before he was fired. Come on. Field conditions or not, complete choke job towards the end of that season.

milkman
07-19-2006, 11:17 AM
I am NYJ fan since 65 & I just wish to warn you guys that after 1 game you will be calling for Shotty to come back after you have watched Herm manage a game. In 2 years he will have your team in the crapper just like he has done to the NYJs :drool:

\

And for the record, I don't have any expectations with Hermie, but trust me, I ain't about to yearn for the days of Marty.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 11:18 AM
And for the record, I don't have any expectations with Hermie, but trust me, I ain't about to yearn for the days of Marty.

I second that...

Phobia
07-19-2006, 11:24 AM

\
Didn't he have the NYJs in the playoffs 3 out of 4 years and winning their 2nd division title EVER? I'd suggest to you that Herm was a better Jets coach than even future HOF Coach Parcells.

Rausch
07-19-2006, 11:34 AM

Why?

At least Herm knows how to win a playoff game, something our last three didn't appear to know much about...

sedated
07-19-2006, 11:38 AM
I want Lin Elliott's foot in a glass case.

That game, and the KU loss to Syracuse, were the only losses that I cried afterward.

StcChief
07-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Why?

At least Herm knows how to win a playoff game, something our last three didn't appear to know much about...

No sh1t...I'll take my chances with Herm Edwards. Thanks.

Kicker again cost him in Pittsburgh.

I don't see him letting that happen again.

greg63
07-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Did anyone hear Lin Elliott on 810 this morning?
An interesting question for sure, but the poignant question would be: "Does anyone care?"

KingPriest2
07-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Yep...he was missing them toward the end of the season, missing figgies as well. I remember him being very inconsistent, leading into the playoffs and it carried into the playoffs. Marty never should have relied on the guy.

He made all his kicks in the final game He was 4 for 4 and made both XP

Denver he missed a FG and a extra point. 2 of 3 on XP and missed a 37

Miami he missed a FG 44 yards and a extra point

Oakland he missed a 2 XP and a 40 yard kick 1 of 2 FG and 2 of 4 XP

The 2 games prior he made all his kicks.

championjets69
07-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Trust you will be crying for Shottys return after watching Herm operate. Whatever they told you on talk radio or the papers or ESPN is pure bunk about Herm. Most NYJ fans could not be happier that Herm is GONE from NY. Wait to you see his asst Dick Curl in action. The sands of time will prove me correct. My assessment is he will be gone after year 2 of being the KCC HC. Sorry to report such negative comments about your HC but this is not done out of malice but to prepare you for the fall that will be coming. I'm sure MS in Denver did the Irish jig when he found it he has to face Herm, Shotty & the Oak guy twice a year. He must wonder why somebody was so good to him. If I was him I triple my donations to the church as a thank you.

Wow.

A Jets fan that doesn't like Hermie!

Who'da thunk it?

KingPriest2
07-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Headline: Chiefs could use a change
Byline: JASON WHITLOCK
Source:
Publication Date: December 13, 1995
Page: D1

On December 11, 1995 the Chiefs lost 13-6 to the Miami Dolphins, putting them at 11-3. They would win their last two regular season games and secure home-field advantage throughout the playoffs before falling 10-7 to the Colts in the in their first playoff game. Jason looks at a team many thought was destined for the Super Bowl and details the weaknesses that would bring about so much heartache a month later.

As I said Tuesday morning, the Chiefs' ignorant decision to throw a fade pass to Webster Slaughter on their final offensive play of the game against Miami was far from the only reason they lost.

Today, let us discuss the three other reasons I have identified after carefully listening to your voice-mail complaints.

1. Time's up for kicker Lin Elliott.

Earlier in the season - after the Chiefs were embarrassed in Cleveland - I suggested the Chiefs should strongly consider replacing Elliott.

Well, now that Elliott has missed three of his last five extra points and two makable field goals in the last two games, I feel very comfortable saying Elliott should not attempt another field goal or PAT this season.

I'm going to say that again. Lin Elliott should not attempt another field goal or PAT this season. (Please clip this and mail it to Arrowhead Stadium in care of Carl Peterson or Marty Schottenheimer.)

Elliott missed a PAT and a 44-yard field goal Monday night. Had he made those two attempts, the Chiefs, instead of throwing a lob pass to Slaughter on fourth down, would have sent Elliott in for a 26-yard field goal to tie the game.

Follow me?

The Chiefs lost by seven points. Had Elliott not blown four points earlier in the game, a fourth-quarter field goal would have tied the game.

It's too late in the season to replace Elliott altogether. He should retain his kickoff duties; he has done a fine job with that.

But it is up to Peterson and his staff to scour the country for someone capable of knocking down PATs at a reasonable percentage. Right now, we'll take anyone with an average above 50 percent.

I'm sure one of the Zendejas brothers would move to Kansas City.

But if the Chiefs are interested in checking out a lower-profile kicker whom I can personally vouch for inside 45 yards, I suggest they investigate Kenny Stucker (Ball State, '92). The kid holds nearly all of the Ball State kicking records and has had quite an arena football career.

2. Time's running out on quarterback Steve Bono.

It seems like it was only a few weeks ago that Bono was the toast of the town, the man making everyone forget Joe Montana.

Right now, at this very instant, besides being the finickiest eater this side of Morris the cat, Bono is one of the six worst regular starting quarterbacks in the NFL.

He's right up there with Seattle's Rick Mirer, Carolina's Kerry Collins, Tampa Bay's Trent Dilfer, Washington's Heath Shuler and the New York Giants' Dave Brown.

There's no mystery to what's wrong with the Chiefs' offense. Bono has been dreadful the last month and a half.

It's not play calling. It's not Schottenheimer being conservative.

The problem is Bono doesn't throw accurately, especially in the first three quarters of games. Today I'm going to tally his seasonlong fourth-quarter statistics and compare them to his production during the first three quarters. (I'll tell you about it in Thursday's paper.)

I think the man needs to see a hypnotist. He might have a problem relaxing.

3. I don't think fourth and 1 in week 15 is the ideal situation to give Donnell Bennett his first carry of the season.

Yes, yes, I'm sure Schottenheimer thought he would surprise the Dolphins, who were probably waiting for Marcus Allen. But in retrospect, it seems Bennett was the only one surprised on the play.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 11:45 AM
...My assessment is he will be gone after year 2 of being the KCC HC.

Most likely 4, when Peterson rides off too.

tk13
07-19-2006, 11:46 AM
The field was horrible, but that didn't stop the Colts kicker from making the FG that was the DIFFERENCE IN THE GAME!

I'm not bitter.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 11:46 AM
He made all his kicks in the final game He was 4 for 4 and made both XP

Denver he missed a FG and a extra point. 2 of 3 on XP and missed a 37

Miami he missed a FG 44 yards and a extra point

Oakland he missed a 2 XP and a 40 yard kick 1 of 2 FG and 2 of 4 XP

The 2 games prior he made all his kicks.

OMG, You're right... Elliott was a solid kicker and everyone here's recollection of him is wrong.

Thanks for correcting me... :thumb:

greg63
07-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Trust you will be crying for Shottys return after watching Herm operate. Whatever they told you on talk radio or the papers or ESPN is pure bunk about Herm. Most NYJ fans could not be happier that Herm is GONE from NY. Wait to you see his asst Dick Curl in action. The sands of time will prove me correct. My assessment is he will be gone after year 2 of being the KCC HC. Sorry to report such negative comments about your HC but this is not done out of malice but to prepare you for the fall that will be coming. I'm sure MS in Denver did the Irish jig when he found it he has to face Herm, Shotty & the Oak guy twice a year. He must wonder why somebody was so good to him. If I was him I triple my donations to the church as a thank you.

...But we have Rich Scanlon. :p

KingPriest2
07-19-2006, 11:48 AM

\

THE VIRGINIAN-PILOT
Copyright (c) 1994, Landmark Communications, Inc.

DATE: Sunday, November 6, 1994 TAG: 9411060315
SECTION: SPORTS PAGE: C10 EDITION: FINAL
SOURCE: JIM DUCIBELLA
LENGTH: Long : 107 lines

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOWERY HAD EVENTFUL KANSAS CITY HOMECOMING
That was some reception Jets' kicker Nick Lowery received during a recent weekend trip home to Kansas City. By the time it was finished, the following had occurred:

Chiefs' GM Carl Peterson called NFL headquarters and the Jets to deny he was tampering with Lowery, a charge neither party was even vaguely aware could be raised.

Peterson evicted Lowery from the Chiefs' sideline during a game.

Lowery was mobbed by adoring Chiefs fans, who have fond memories of his 14 seasons with them.

Lowery wrote a letter of apology to Chiefs kicker Lin Elliott for appearing to gloat about a field goal Elliott missed.

Here's what happened:

Lowery owns 10 season tickets to Chiefs games and intended to use them to watch K.C. play Seattle. But Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith invited him to visit some of his former teammates before the game, then to stand on the Chiefs' sideline.

Peterson, who is said to be angry at Lowery and the Jets for signing the kicker and defensive tackle Tony Casillas, asked Lowery if he had a pass. Lowery didn't, and Peterson told him to leave.

``It was inappropriate for him to be there because he is a New York Jet,'' Peterson explained. ``He is under contract to another club.''

Lowery then went to his seat, where fans came over and prompted an impromptu autograph session.

Then, Elliott missed a field goal. Fans seated around Lowery began chanting, ``We want Nick!''

``I stood to acknowledge the applause,'' Lowery said, ``and even gave the fans a tomahawk chop. But when it was shown on television, it looked as if I was gloating that Lin had missed the kick.''

When he got back to New York, Lowery sent Elliott a letter by express mail, saying he wished him good luck and that he wasn't celebrating his missed kick.

The league and Jets GM Dick Steinberg insist Peterson was correct in bouncing Lowery. Lowery, however, says what he was doing before the game ``was not consorting with the enemy'' and doesn't think his actions were inappropriate. He calls it a ``healing experience.''

Too bad the Jets and Chiefs don't play this season.

Talk about Lovefests.

championjets69
07-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Here is very recent post off the NYJ board by another NYJ fan

There will be plenty more Herm video to be had. Wait until the Chiefs start dismantling in September. Excuses will abound, and hilarious ones at that.

Why?

KingPriest2
07-19-2006, 11:50 AM
OMG, You're right... Elliott was a solid kicker and everyone here's recollection of him is wrong.

WTF?

KingPriest2
07-19-2006, 11:51 AM

I am in agreement with you I was trying to support what you are saying. No where once did I say he was a good kicker.

championjets69
07-19-2006, 11:52 AM
Guess he is local guy. Trust me that Herm will be lucky to last 2 years in KC :drool:

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 11:53 AM
WTF?

You've been pimping his 'great' stats to refute my recollection of him as an inconsistent kicker towards the end of that season. What other conclusion am I to draw?

Rausch
07-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Here is very recent post off the NYJ board by another NYJ fan

There will be plenty more Herm video to be had. Wait until the Chiefs start dismantling in September. Excuses will abound, and hilarious ones at that.

Most of the players on this team have been together for years and they're not going to just turn on each other and give up because we lose a few games.

Sounds like someone who knows jack $#it about the Chiefs and hates his former HC so much he'll pull moronic predictions out his azz...

championjets69
07-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Here is another post off the NYJ board today about Herm

They are lacking a BBQ show on the Food network,mayeb he can get a slot on there. That would be some footage of him doing what he does best,grilling and talking.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Guess he is local guy. Trust me that Herm will be lucky to last 2 years in KC :drool:

LOL...you dont know anything about Carl.

greg63
07-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Here is another post off the NYJ board today about Herm

They are lacking a BBQ show on the Food network,mayeb he can get a slot on there. That would be some footage of him doing what he does best,grilling and talking.

It was a joke.

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2006, 11:59 AM
There was also a go-ahead TD pass that went right through Lake Dawson's hands. :shake:

That would have been one of the all time great plays in NFL playoff history.

It would not have been a routine catch by any means. (as I remember it)

Wile_E_Coyote
07-19-2006, 11:59 AM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=8686

KingPriest2
07-19-2006, 12:00 PM
You've been pimping his 'great' stats to refute my recollection of him as an inconsistent kicker towards the end of that season. What other conclusion am I to draw?

I did not saying anything about his stats except to post them to support your thought.

Did I say anything no. I did not.

What other conclusion. Didn't your mom teach not to assume things.

KingPriest2
07-19-2006, 12:01 PM

I even posted that he missed he kicks in the final games of the year. I posted JWs article saying that he needs to go.

How can you assume I was ragging on you.

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2006, 12:04 PM
It's always fun to open up a 10 year old scab.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 12:05 PM
I even posted that he missed he kicks in the final games of the year. I posted JWs article saying that he needs to go.

How can you assume I was ragging on you.

Ok, my mistake.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Are all Jet fans like this? The only team that's been more represented by mongoloids on this board is the Pittsburgh Steelers...

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 12:08 PM
Are all Jet fans like this? The only team that's been more represented by mongoloids on this board is the Pittsburgh Steelers...

What persuasion was American Zero? Was he a Philly fan?

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2006, 12:10 PM

About 11 months ago, did we not have several of those wankers over here claiming they were going to "wax dat azz" in the season opener?

championjets69
07-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Just trying to prepare you for the horror that you will see with Herm & Curl. You certainly do not have to accept what I am saying but down the long winding yellow road you will see I was 100% correct. In fact I intend to watch every KCC games this year on Direct TV so I can laugh once or twice per game. take my word for it you are in now in living hell with Herm. Just wait until he has to manage the clock & you will see what I am saying. Try a draw play on 3rd & 15 with 1 minute left in the game & you needing a TD to win. If you want I can get you HUNDREDs of NYJ fans that will confirm what I am saying. Hey your last SB is only 1 year after us so we are both suffering. This is not being done out of malice but FYI. Please take it from somebody who experienced Herm for 5 years. Do not take it as somebody just jibing KCC fans.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 12:13 PM
What persuasion was American Zero? Was he a Philly fan?

Crime Fighter was the rival fan to top all rival fans.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 12:15 PM
A KC draw play <> a NYJ draw play. As with all things, I'll wait and see what happens.

championjets69
07-19-2006, 12:16 PM
You will see what I am saying real quick. You will think that Shotty was like being in heaven after you see Herm/Curl operate

About 11 months ago, did we not have several of those wankers over here claiming they were going to "wax dat azz" in the season opener?

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Crime Fighter was the rival fan to top all rival fans.

Yes, I remember him well...a sufferable prick in the preseason before their 4-12 year or whatever it was in 2003. I can only imagine what kind of douche he is today. Im glad he's forgotten our URL.

championjets69
07-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Just an example of his managing style & thinking. You will not have to wait long to develop negative feelings towards Herm.

A KC draw play <> a NYJ draw play. As with all things, I'll wait and see what happens.

milkman
07-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Just trying to prepare you for the horror that you will see with Herm & Curl. You certainly do not have to accept what I am saying but down the long winding yellow road you will see I was 100% correct. In fact I intend to watch every KCC games this year on Direct TV so I can laugh once or twice per game. take my word for it you are in now in living hell with Herm. Just wait until he has to manage the clock & you will see what I am saying. Try a draw play on 3rd & 15 with 1 minute left in the game & you needing a TD to win. If you want I can get you HUNDREDs of NYJ fans that will confirm what I am saying. Hey your last SB is only 1 year after us so we are both suffering. This is not being done out of malice but FYI. Please take it from somebody who experienced Herm for 5 years. Do not take it as somebody just jibing KCC fans.

Some of us already know what to expect from Hermie in game and clock management.

But to be fair, that 3rd and 15 draw is classic Paul Hackett.

KingPriest2
07-19-2006, 12:18 PM
Damn This is bad

A due end for the fraudulent Chiefs
By Tim Sullivan
SportsLine USA Regional Columnist
January 7, 1996
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Chiefs were a myth. An illusion. A mirage. They owned the NFL's best record but precious little to leave you in awe.

Technically speaking, they were upset by the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday afternoon. But it might have been more appropriate to call it comeuppance. No NFL team has gotten more mileage out of mediocrity. This is a credit to Marty Schottenheimer, but it is not the appropriate credential for a Super Bowl team.
THE COLTS SCORE A 10-7 victory in Sunday's dreary American Football Conference playoff game at Arrowhead Stadium, and in the process proved that everything is not up to date in Kansas City.

Defense wins championships, but it does not often overcome a quarterback who throws three interceptions (photo) in the space of four possessions or a kicker who develops a hook when it matters most. It can not always be counted on to counter for an offense that frightens no one.

Indianapolis might not be much of a match for Pittsburgh in Sunday's AFC Championship, but it is no fluke the Colts have made it this far. They exposed Chiefs quarterback Steve Bono for what he is Sunday: a career backup who caught a break.

"I knew if we put the ball in Bono's hands," Colts defensive end Tony Bennett said, "we'd have a pretty good chance of beating them."

"We knew he wasn't in the right rhythm," Colts cornerback Ray Buchanan said. "We took away a little bit of music. We turned on a little bit of brother music, and he couldn't dance to it."

The Colts mixed their coverages, beyond Bono's ability to decipher them. They held him to a 44-percent completion percentage, and ultimately shoved him to the sideline. Schottenheimer tried to save his season by substituting Rich Gannon for the Chiefs' final possession, and Gannon responded by moving the team within range of a tying field goal.

BUT ELLIOTT HOOKED it wide left from the right hash mark for his third miss in three tries, and Kansas City's 13-3 season was found to be a fraud.
"I would hope that in the weeks and months ahead we can get over the bitterness and disappointingment of this," Schottenheimer said, "and not lose sight of the fact that we had a reasonably good year. Unfortunately, by the standards that we set, it wasn't good enough."

The Chiefs have been walking a tightrope all season. They won three games in overtime and seven by seven points or less. They beat only one playoff team (San Diego) and were dismembered by both the mighty Dallas Cowboys and the mundane Cleveland Browns. Their record was more aberration than affirmation.

"The critics said this would be an easy game (for the Chiefs)," Indianapolis running back Zack Crockett said. "We came. We conquered. What else can you say?"

You might say that the Chiefs moved the ball as if it were a boulder and that their celebrated defense came up with a severe case of sloppiness. The Colts kept their 18-play touchdown drive going because quarterback Jim Harbaugh (photo) was able to scramble 18 yards against a confused defense.

Schottenheimer said his coverage was designed around a three-man rush on that particular play but that a fourth player did not hear the call correctly and afforded Harbaugh a running lane. Later on the drive, another blown Chiefs coverage made possible Harbaugh's touchdown pass to Floyd Turner.

THE COLTS' DEFENSE BY contrast, was something close to psychic. Bono completed only one pass for more than 20 yards and threw as many interceptions in the second half as he had in the whole month of December.

"Steve Bono's had a hell of a year for us," Schottenheimer said. "But when you're the quarterback or the kicker or you're the head coach and you don't get the job done, that's where the responsibility rests. That's just the nature of our business."

Pro football can be a cruel business, but things usually turn out right in the final reckoning. The Kansas City Chiefs were about due for their downfall.
In addition to writing this exclusive column for SportsLine USA, Tim Sullivan is a sports columnist for The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Agree or disagree with this column? Send feedback to Sportsline USA.

championjets69
07-19-2006, 12:19 PM
I am not doing this out of malice but instead to enlighten KCC fans

Yes, I remember him well...a sufferable prick in the preseason before their 4-12 year or whatever it was in 2003. I can only imagine what kind of douche he is today. Im glad he's forgotten our URL.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 12:21 PM

Well, the primary criticism of Herm relates to the offense. In NY, he was trying to do alot of it (with Curl) himself, struggling with the clock, and depending on idiots like Jimmy Raye and Paul Hackett.

Here in KC, he won't have to touch the offense. The offensive system is already in place and Mike Solari will be calling the plays. Trent Green could run the offense all by himself anyway.

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Look jetfan,

We lived the Marty life. We know Herm studied under Marty. Like milkman, I cringed when Carl tabbed Herm. But all I can do is sit here for the next 4 years and dream of the day Carl goes away.

championjets69
07-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Yep PH was our OC at that time.

Some of us already know what to expect from Hermie in game and clock management.

But to be fair, that 3rd and 15 draw is classic Paul Hackett.

championjets69
07-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Understand & felt the same thing about Bradway which took 5 years also to go away

Look jetfan,

We lived the Marty life. We know Herm studied under Marty. Like milkman, I cringed when Carl tabbed Herm. But all I can do is sit here for the next 4 years and dream of the day Carl goes away.

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Understand & felt the same thing about Bradway which took 5 years also to go away

I remember laughing my ass off the day Bradway got that job. The Peter Principle at work.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Just an example of his managing style & thinking. You will not have to wait long to develop negative feelings towards Herm.

Heh...I didnt give up on Marty until mid 1998 season, so I can live with Edwards for 4 years.

championjets69
07-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Sorry IMHO you are being as naive as hell. You see Herm knows he cannot handle the position so he micro manages the game which includes ordering the OC to run what play Herm wants to run. You will see what I mean as time goes by. Take my word for it you will want Herm gone faster then you can say Superman & a speeding bullet omnce you see him & Curl operate

Well, the primary criticism of Herm relates to the offense. In NY, he was trying to do alot of it (with Curl) himself, struggling with the clock, and depending on idiots like Jimmy Raye and Paul Hackett.

Here in KC, he won't have to touch the offense. The offensive system is already in place and Mike Solari will be calling the plays. Trent Green could run the offense all by himself anyway.

championjets69
07-19-2006, 12:28 PM
OK if your objective is to NOT to win a SB during the term of his contract

Heh...I didnt give up on Marty until mid 1998 season, so I can live with Edwards for 4 years.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Sorry IMHO you are being as naive as hell. You see Herm knows he cannot handle the position so he micro manages the game which includes ordering the OC to run what play Herm wants to run. You will see what I mean as time goes by. Take my word for it you will want Herm gone faster then you can say Superman & a speeding bullet omnce you see him & Curl operate

ROFL

I'm naive? You've obviously never heard of CARL PETERSON.

Herm isn't a micro-manager, he's a foot-shuffling porter.

championjets69
07-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Yes we surely had a moronic owner to have hired Bradway & Herm

I remember laughing my ass off the day Bradway got that job. The Peter Principle at work.

WilliamTheIrish
07-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Yes we surely had a moronic owner to have hired Bradway & Herm

So we're even. You got Bradway. We got Herm.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 12:36 PM

Im going to let you in on a little secret, Im not employed nor do I do any work for the KC Chiefs organization. So, no, my objectives in life differ from those of the team.

milkman
07-19-2006, 12:37 PM

We all want to win a SB.

We've (some of us) have just come to grips with the very real possibilty that isn't likely to happen while Carl is running things.

We lived with Marty.
We lived with Gunt.
We lived with Dick.

Now we'll live with Hermie, all the while dreaming of the day when both he and Carl are history, and hoping beyond all hope that the unimaginable miracle happens, which is that Carl and Herm actually stumble into enough luck to prove us wrong.

championjets69
07-19-2006, 12:37 PM
I surely know of Petersen & cannot understand why your owner does not trash him. So long as you are prepared for bad resultts during Herms tenure you are OK then

ROFL

I'm naive? You've obviously never heard of CARL PETERSON.

Herm isn't a micro-manager, he's a foot-shuffling porter.

championjets69
07-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Yes we have the same sorrow in NY having won our last SB one year before yours

We all want to win a SB.

We've (some of us) have just come to grips with the very real possibilty that isn't likely to happen while Carl is running things.

We lived with Marty.
We lived with Gunt.
We lived with Dick.

Now we'll live with Hermie, all the while dreaming of the day when both he and Carl are history, and hoping beyond all hope that the unimaginable miracle happens, which is that Carl and Herm actually stumble into enough luck to prove us wrong.

ChiefaRoo
07-19-2006, 12:41 PM

I don't feel sorry for him at all it's only a game. I believe he made his own reality and he missed those kicks in his mind a 1000 times before he did it on the field (why would he change shoes for the first time?). He may be a successful insurance guy but he's a football playoff loser and he deserves the tag.

Rain Man
07-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Yes we have the same sorrow in NY having won our last SB one year before yours

I'm torn between sharing your sorrow since we have similar histories, or making fun of you because your team is one of the few that's below us on the Super Bowl pecking order.

sedated
07-19-2006, 01:07 PM
I surely know of Petersen & cannot understand why your owner does not trash him. So long as you are prepared for bad resultts during Herms tenure you are OK then

because Carl = $$$$ for Lamar

championjets69
07-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Well then why be a fan if you do not want to see them be WORLD CHAMPIONs? Here is another post today from the NYJ board

whether mangini fails or not remains to be seen, but i'm so happy that we are not fans of the cheifs.....herm may be able to keep a team respectable, but he will not win a superbowl ever with that mega-ultra-conservative trash that he loves ooohhh so much

Im going to let you in on a little secret, Im not employed nor do I do any work for the KC Chiefs organization. So, no, my objectives in life differ from those of the team.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Well then why be a fan if you do not want to see them be WORLD CHAMPIONs?

First, I never said I didnt want to see them be SB champs. You asked me if that was my objective to win a SB and I responded thusly that it was not. Football is entertainment for me. Im not a member of the organization to effect any types changes therefore my objectives differ.

gblowfish
07-19-2006, 01:44 PM
I know we hate him and he and Paul Hackett cost us the Super Bowl and everything, but at the same time, you have to feel bad for someone who will be trailed for the rest of his life by three bad five-second segments of his life.Sorry. I have to disagree. No player ever deserved to wear #2 more than this sorry waste of skin. He started tasting his nads a full three weeks before the playoffs even started. I was there during that Colts game. The field was not great, but not the worst its ever been either. It was cold but it was not slick. He should have hit at least once of his three attempts. ET was a career choke artist. That's why the Cowboys dumped him.

I will not give up my ET voodoo doll ever. A pox on him. Feh!!

championjets69
07-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Yes no difference then a NYJ fan. However how can you be entertained if the team you root for does not perform well? I cannot believe you are not POed after a KCC loss. If you are not then why do you post on a forum where fans give there hearts to a team to win & you do not care?

First, I never said I didnt want to see them be SB champs. You asked me if that was my objective to win a SB and I responded thusly that it was not. Football is entertainment for me. Im not a member of the organization to effect any types changes therefore my objectives differ.

championjets69
07-19-2006, 01:53 PM
How does Petey mean $$$$$$ for Lamar?

because Carl = $$$$ for Lamar

championjets69
07-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Yep I never argue with FACts & what you said what a truism

I'm torn between sharing your sorrow since we have similar histories, or making fun of you because your team is one of the few that's below us on the Super Bowl pecking order.

championjets69
07-19-2006, 02:00 PM
I was at that game in 69 when you beat us @ Shea 13-6 to go on to the championship game vs Oak.

Rain Man
07-19-2006, 02:00 PM
Aren't the Jets the team that hired Marty's placenta as their offensive coordinator? That's got to be the most mystifying move since, well, anybody hired Paul Hackett.

htismaqe
07-19-2006, 02:03 PM
How does Petey mean $$$$$$ for Lamar?

Since Carl took over, KC is in the top 5 in the NFL in both attendance and merchandise sales.

In addition, Carl is a master at pinching pennies.

Rain Man
I was at that game in 69 when you beat us @ Shea 13-6 to go on to the championship game vs Oak.

I'd love to be able to watch some of these old games in their entirety. I saw a little snippet of Super Bowl I a while back, and was entranced.

I know that NFL Network shows some old games, but for some reason my local monopolistic cable company thinks it's better to have 18 channels of shopping shows than the NFL Network.

KCTitus
Yes no difference then a NYJ fan. However how can you be entertained if the team you root for does not perform well? I cannot believe you are not POed after a KCC loss. If you are not then why do you post on a forum where fans give there hearts to a team to win & you do not care?

Well, Im not...is the easy answer. I get disappointed when the lose and Im happy when they win. I stopped getting 'PO'ed' after losses when I realized that I had no control over the situation...now, I just enjoy the rollercoaster ride every year.

championjets69
07-19-2006, 02:52 PM
Yes but you called it entertainment which I am sure it can not be when they lose. I had the same argument with a NYJ fan who admits to being a couch potato so I guess you fall into the same mental state as him :hmmm:

Well, Im not...is the easy answer. I get disappointed when the lose and Im happy when they win. I stopped getting 'PO'ed' after losses when I realized that I had no control over the situation...now, I just enjoy the rollercoaster ride every year.

Chief Pote
07-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Screw you Lin Elliott, you effing ruined my life! :banghead: :cuss:

dtebbe
07-19-2006, 03:46 PM
nlm :cuss: nlm

DT

big nasty kcnut
07-19-2006, 04:34 PM
You all said the name that must not be named. Why?

milkman
07-19-2006, 05:25 PM
You all said the name that must not be named. Why?

Lin Elliot.

Is that the name you speak of?

Because, as I said earlier, Lin Elliot is only a symptom of the Martyocre disease tha infested Arrowhead for 10 years.

Because Marty relied on Lin Elliot, when he should have known full well that Lin Elliot could not be relied upon.

Because Lin Elliot was only part of one playoff loss that Marty is responsible for.

Marty doesn't have Linn Elliot to blame for the rest of those losses.

I'm sure that there are other things I can say about Lin Elliot, that I'm sure that those who don't like Linn Elliot don't agree with.

I'll tell you what those things are about Lin Elliot, as I think of those things that those who disagree with my belief that Linn Elliot is far less responsible than Marty.

What were you asking about Linn Elliot?
I forgot what you're Linn Elliot question was.

Oh yeah.
Linn Elliot is a name that we are not supposed to mention.

I'm sure Linn Elliot appreciates that people don't like discussing Linn Elliot, or don't like to see the name Linn Elliot mentioned.

Maybe Linn Elliot is hoping that someday fans will forget the name Linn Elliot.

But I doubt that the name Linn Elliot will ever be forgotten, even long after Linn Elliot dies.

big nasty kcnut
07-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Sorry milkman i thought we were not going to mention lin elliot name again. I didn't get the memo.

milkman
07-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Sorry milkman i thought we were not going to mention lin elliot name again. I didn't get the memo.

There was no memo.

I just never paid any attention to the memo that said we shouldn't mention the name Linn Elliot.

I'm....uh.....rebellious like that.

kcfanintitanhell
07-19-2006, 08:39 PM

He didn't ruin my life, but, I tell you what, contributed more than his share to one of the worst days I had had in a long time.
I'm flying out of Houston, getting a connecting flight from Dallas to Nashville...got it all timed out, and, given even a minor delay, should be back home in time to catch the kickoff at the house.
I land in Dallas, and only have 20 minutes to catch my connecting flight, and I'm carrying this friggin pastamaker (a Christmas gift) that weighs 50 pounds through DFW. Kinda stressed that I don't have a minute to spare, until I look at the departures, and it reads DFW-BNA-delayed..
So I'm thinking, "OK, this gives me some time to catch my breath from dragging that damn pastamaker halfway across the terminal." I get to my gate and ask how long the delay is, and the woman tells me she doesn't know, but it shouldn't be all that long.
"Oookay," I say, and me and my pastamaker trundle off to the closest watering hole to watch the game prior to the Chiefs-Colts game, which I don't even remember what it was.
An hour later, thinking that now, if my plane leaves within the next 30 minutes, I'll be in the air for the kickoff but should be home in time to sit down with my dogs and watch the second half-no problem. So I go to gate, and our flight still says delayed. The attendant is tight-lipped about the problem.
To make a long story a little bit less long, turns out a ValuJet took off from Nashville and tried to climb too steep, and tore out a big chunk of its tail in the middle of a snow/ice storm with winds gusting up to 50mph, scattering debris all over the runways. So I had to sit in the DFW airport bar with my pastamaker, waiting for this flight, spending an exorbitant amount of money on watered-down drinks, thinking already, that I had a bad feeling about this, and watching the entire f**king game in that bar and hearing my flight called just exactly when he missed that kick!!!
Did it get it any worse than that? Yea-and Lin, this is for you.
I boarded the plane, kind of in shock from what I'd just witnessed, and we proceeded to take off, and I was left to my thoughts about how horrible the day had been so far, and if Lin Elliot had been able to get out of Arrowhead in one piece. I was kind of enjoying the company of the people surrounding me, a family of six with four kids, one on either side of me.
Now, listen to me Elliot... this is where I'll never forget you, you son of a bitch. About 20 miles out of Nashville, we start to encounter some severe turbulence (remember the snow and ice and wind?) and the kids on either side of me start puking in my lap, on their mom and dad in the seats in front of them, and on my lap again. We are getting ready to touch down, and suddenly we pull up, and the pilot comes on and tells us that they have to de-ice the runway before we can land. So a little more puking, and I'm thinking "Damn you Lin Elliot"
I'm not done, sorry to say.
We get on the ground, and I'm parked in long term parking. I get to my car in the driving snow and the keyhole is frozen shut. I try to heat it up with a lighter and manage to get in through the drivers door. I start the car up, and let it start to warm up. The headlights are the retracable kind and they are frozen shut, so I figure all I need to do is let the car warm up some more, and I'll get the damn pastamaker and my luggage in while the car is warming up some more. I walk around to the passenger seat and open up the door, and I'd let the driver's door open, for some ungodly reason, and my parking ticket blew out the door.
I had to pay 75 bucks for long-term parking, about the same for a bar tab for shitty drinks, had the pleasure of two kids barfing on me for 90 minutes, and got to watch that worthless piece of crap miss that field goal. Had he made it, everything else on my little oddessey would have been fine.

kcfanintitanhell
07-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Sorry that post was so long, but that is my everlasting memory of Lin Eliot...... :rolleyes:

milkman
07-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Sorry that post was so long, but that is my everlasting memory of Lin Eliot...... :rolleyes:

So now Linn Elliot is responsible for everything that happened that day.

That story would make Chuck Norris cry.

Sure-Oz
07-19-2006, 09:35 PM
lmfao, did ya lose a bet?

Finkel is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkel.... ROFL

championjets69
07-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Here is a post from todays NYJ board about Herm

Herm would have invited the rookies to Hawaii for the week...

:drool:

So now Linn Elliot is responsible for everything that happened that day.

That story would make Chuck Norris cry.

StcChief
07-20-2006, 09:40 AM

Sounds better than my frost bite. Spent whole 3rd Q, 1/2 4th Q in enginerring room warming up.....Chili , Coffee, Chocolate
to go back out stand on sterofoam 4 inches thick to watch that MF mis the Kicks. FU Lin Elliot.
:banghead:

Lin Elliot
07-20-2006, 12:18 PM
He didn't ruin my life, but, I tell you what, contributed more than his share to one of the worst days I had had in a long time.
I'm flying out of Houston, getting a connecting flight from Dallas to Nashville...got it all timed out, and, given even a minor delay, should be back home in time to catch the kickoff at the house.
I land in Dallas, and only have 20 minutes to catch my connecting flight, and I'm carrying this friggin pastamaker (a Christmas gift) that weighs 50 pounds through DFW. Kinda stressed that I don't have a minute to spare, until I look at the departures, and it reads DFW-BNA-delayed..
So I'm thinking, "OK, this gives me some time to catch my breath from dragging that damn pastamaker halfway across the terminal." I get to my gate and ask how long the delay is, and the woman tells me she doesn't know, but it shouldn't be all that long.
"Oookay," I say, and me and my pastamaker trundle off to the closest watering hole to watch the game prior to the Chiefs-Colts game, which I don't even remember what it was.
An hour later, thinking that now, if my plane leaves within the next 30 minutes, I'll be in the air for the kickoff but should be home in time to sit down with my dogs and watch the second half-no problem. So I go to gate, and our flight still says delayed. The attendant is tight-lipped about the problem.
To make a long story a little bit less long, turns out a ValuJet took off from Nashville and tried to climb too steep, and tore out a big chunk of its tail in the middle of a snow/ice storm with winds gusting up to 50mph, scattering debris all over the runways. So I had to sit in the DFW airport bar with my pastamaker, waiting for this flight, spending an exorbitant amount of money on watered-down drinks, thinking already, that I had a bad feeling about this, and watching the entire f**king game in that bar and hearing my flight called just exactly when he missed that kick!!!
Did it get it any worse than that? Yea-and Lin, this is for you.
I boarded the plane, kind of in shock from what I'd just witnessed, and we proceeded to take off, and I was left to my thoughts about how horrible the day had been so far, and if Lin Elliot had been able to get out of Arrowhead in one piece. I was kind of enjoying the company of the people surrounding me, a family of six with four kids, one on either side of me.
Now, listen to me Elliot... this is where I'll never forget you, you son of a bitch. About 20 miles out of Nashville, we start to encounter some severe turbulence (remember the snow and ice and wind?) and the kids on either side of me start puking in my lap, on their mom and dad in the seats in front of them, and on my lap again. We are getting ready to touch down, and suddenly we pull up, and the pilot comes on and tells us that they have to de-ice the runway before we can land. So a little more puking, and I'm thinking "Damn you Lin Elliot"
I'm not done, sorry to say.
We get on the ground, and I'm parked in long term parking. I get to my car in the driving snow and the keyhole is frozen shut. I try to heat it up with a lighter and manage to get in through the drivers door. I start the car up, and let it start to warm up. The headlights are the retracable kind and they are frozen shut, so I figure all I need to do is let the car warm up some more, and I'll get the damn pastamaker and my luggage in while the car is warming up some more. I walk around to the passenger seat and open up the door, and I'd let the driver's door open, for some ungodly reason, and my parking ticket blew out the door.
I had to pay 75 bucks for long-term parking, about the same for a bar tab for shitty drinks, had the pleasure of two kids barfing on me for 90 minutes, and got to watch that worthless piece of crap miss that field goal. Had he made it, everything else on my little oddessey would have been fine.

Boo F*cking Hoo. And you think my life has been a bed of roses since that day?