PDA

View Full Version : If a girl says do I know you from somewhere....

crispystl
07-19-2006, 08:13 AM
and obviously knows exactly where she knows you from or in fact doesn't know you at all. Would you take that as being hit on.

Garcia Bronco
07-19-2006, 08:15 AM
regardless it's an opportunity

milkman
07-19-2006, 08:19 AM
**** her!

crispystl
07-19-2006, 08:19 AM
Yes it is. For some reason this has been happening to me a lot I mean I know it's a common thing but it's been crazy the last few months. I was thinking at least its an ice breaker. But some of them can't not know where they have seen me. I'm not a very intimidating figure maybe I just look approachable I dont know.

milkman
07-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Yes it is. For some reason this has been happening to me a lot I mean I know it's a common thing but it's been crazy the last few months. I was thinking at least its an ice breaker. But some of them can't not know where they have seen me. I'm not a very intimidating figure maybe I just look approachable I dont know.

Clearly, you're just a stud muffin.

Donger
07-19-2006, 08:21 AM
and obviously knows exactly where she knows you from or in fact doesn't know you at all. Would you take that as being hit on.

Insufficient information. What was the context or location? Was she rubbing her nipples furiously, etc.?

morphius
07-19-2006, 08:23 AM
do you answer, "Of course, I was in your dreams last night.", or something even more cheesy?

MOhillbilly
always puts up the spidey sences when anyone says ' you look/know you from somewhere'.
I definately dont like it.

Frazod
Ginger Lynn once asked me that. Sadly, I'm quite sure she WASN'T hitting on me. :sulk:

BucEyedPea
ROFL That's funny, but all too typical of the male gender.

No it's not being hit on.
Women don't think like men.

Men are more goal orientated. Just because there's usually a motive when aguy asks such things, it does NOT follow that's the case with a woman. Not sayin' it's absolute, but generally I'd say no.

It amazes me how a little joking around or asking some friendly questions out of general interest leads men to think there's an angle to it when a female orginates it. She may have just felt you looked familiar, was curious and asked. Or maybe she's just being friendly.

Yes it's that simple guys! Geesh!

crispystl
Clearly, you're just a stud muffin.
I wasn't trying say anything like that I was just wondering what you guys thought. I'm not exactly a stud I weigh 155 and I'm 6ft tall so it's not like Im packing howitzers around.

Garcia Bronco
07-19-2006, 08:27 AM

Men are more goal orientated. Just because there's usually a motive when aguy asks such things, it does NOT follow that's the case with a woman. Not sayin' it's absolute, but generally I'd say no.

It amazes me how a little joking around or asking some friendly questions out of general interest leads men to think there's an angle to it when a female orginates it. She may have just felt you looked familiar, was curious and asked. Or maybe she's just being friendly.

There is nothing wrong with making a woman realize something she hasn't considered. Perhaps it was an innocent question...but great foundations can start with such questions

milkman
07-19-2006, 08:30 AM

So, essentially what you're saying is that women are simple minded?

milkman
I wasn't trying say anything like that I was just wondering what you guys thought. I'm not exactly a stud I weigh 155 and I'm 6ft tall so it's not like Im packing howitzers around.

I'm just funnin' ya.

ROYC75

That could be ........ which reminds me of 2 weeks ago. My wife, my daughters and SIL was having a yard sale. On Sat. I get up early, go outside, uncover all the BS for them and sat down in the yard swing.

About an hour later, up walks this fairly good looking woman, nice ass, etc. and asks me, where do I know you from ? Good Grief Charlie Brown, my wife's eyes were fixed on this conversation really quick. I replied, I don't know, I don't get out much, I work from home. My wife walks over and says,maybe the Family Inn, I worked there for 8 years, he use to come in alot there.

The woman replied, it could be, maybe I'll see you around sometime as she walked off . :eek: ( I don't know this woman at all ) My wife looked at me and said, stay away from that whore she is the easiest lay in town. I told her that she didn't have to worry. ( being how she is insecure now withher illness )

So out of the blue ........Shit happens .........

Donger
07-19-2006, 08:33 AM
My wife looked at me and said, stay away from that whore she is the easiest lay in town. I told that she didn't have to worry.

ROFL

God, I do love women.

Jilly
07-19-2006, 08:37 AM
no, it does not mean you are being hit on.

Women hit on men with their eyes, and if you don't know what I'm talking about, then you haven't been hit on.

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 08:40 AM
There is nothing wrong with making a woman realize something she hasn't considered. Perhaps it was an innocent question...but great foundations can start with such questions

Well that's true. Not sayin' you can't use it as an "in"...just sayin' that's typical of what a guy will do in such a situation.

Rain Man
07-19-2006, 08:40 AM
If a woman stands within six feet of me without macing me, I assume that I'm being hit upon.

ROYC75
07-19-2006, 08:42 AM

Women hit on men with their eyes, and if you don't know what I'm talking about, then you haven't been hit on.

And I have some ocean front property I want to sell you in Arizona.........

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 08:45 AM
So, essentially what you're saying is that women are simple minded?
Women can more complicated in other areas. Just in this case they're not.

Also, when a female wants to complain and rant about a problem at work or with a friend just because she talks to her guy about it does not mean she wants you to solve it, or recommend solutions necessarily.

She just wants to talk and often doesn't want a solution. Here's another case of men being goal oriented resulting in his NOT understanding a woman. Let it go. Acknowledge here like you really heard her and understood her "feelings" on the matter. The let it go. Geesh!

I'l bill ya' later. :)

Moooo
07-19-2006, 08:45 AM

Is that what that weird stare that lasts a little too long is all about?

This is really confusing, cause I'll get that from these married chicks twice my age, when the girls I've actually dated NEVER do that!

And I am of the opinion that women do not initiate conversation with guys they find intimidating, so its probably that you look friendly and/or attractive. I don't care what the women say on this, no one knows their own system 100%.

Aside from being quite paranoid about the world I can read people pretty dang well. Most of the time I just get a feeling that a woman likes me. It doesn't have anything to do with the eyes, its just there. Then again, my insecurity and paranoia keep me in line, so I don't think too many women do.

Moooo

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 08:48 AM
I don't care what the women say on this, no one knows their own system 100%.
Moooo

To be honest with you I am more outgoing, friendlier and talkative with men I'm not interested in. I clam up or am shyer when it's the one I really like.

Just tip. I'll bill ya' later. :)

milkman
07-19-2006, 08:48 AM
Women can more complicated in other areas. Just in this case they're not.

Also, when a female wants to complain and rant about a problem at work or with a friend just because she talks to her guy about it does not mean she wants you to solve it, or recommend solutions necessarily.

She just wants to talk and often doesn't want a solution. Here's another case of men being goal oriented resulting in his NOT understanding a woman. Let it go. Acknowledge here like you really heard her and understood her "feelings" on the matter. The let it go. Geesh!

I'l bill ya' later. :)

You're going to bill me for telling me that women like to talk?

milkman
07-19-2006, 08:50 AM

This is really confusing, cause I'll get that from these married chicks twice my age, when the girls I've actually dated NEVER do that!

And I am of the opinion that women do not initiate conversation with guys they find intimidating, so its probably that you look friendly and/or attractive. I don't care what the women say on this, no one knows their own system 100%.

Aside from being quite paranoid about the world I can read people pretty dang well. Most of the time I just get a feeling that a woman likes me. It doesn't have anything to do with the eyes, its just there. Then again, my insecurity and paranoia keep me in line, so I don't think too many women do.

Moooo

The women staring at you are just wonderin' if a guy who goes by the name "Moooo" has udders.

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 08:51 AM
You're going to bill me for telling me that women like to talk?

No for tellin' ya' that you should shut up and offer no solutions! :)

Thank me later. I'll forgive y'er debt.

Jilly
07-19-2006, 08:51 AM

Moooo

It all depends on the woman I guess. Married women seem to be a little more bold in their approach and shy women tend to just give off a feeling of some kind.... but generally, yes, when you catch a girl looking at you for slightly longer than a glance, it generally means they find you attractive or are trying to get your attention. And please note that I am ONLY talking about girls you don't know yet...this does not apply to friends, etc.

Moooo
07-19-2006, 08:52 AM
To be honest with you I am more outgoing, friendlier and talkative with men I'm not interested in. I clam up or am shyer when it's the one I really like.

Just tip. I'll bill ya' later. :)

The reason behind this is because you consequently find attractive men intimidating. My reasoning still stands. You can argue all you want, but women won't talk to a guy unless they find them not intimidating.

Moooo

Jilly
07-19-2006, 08:53 AM

The BEST thing you could ever do for your woman when she is upset and crying - whether it is at you or anyone else - is put your arms around her. I swear, in the middle of a fight, if you are ready to just get back to whatever you were doing and she is upset and crying, all you have to do is put your arms around her. (again, every woman is different though, but this tends to work with me and my friends and family)

milkman
07-19-2006, 08:53 AM

Who's offering solutions.

I'm just being a smartass.

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 08:54 AM
The reason behind this is because you consequently find attractive men intimidating. My reasoning still stands.

Moooo

No it's not. It's because there is more invested in it...like possible rejection.

There are plenty of attractive men that I am not interested in. It's when there is that chemical reaction with a certain someone. That just does not happen with every attractive man.

FYI my ex was tall and very handsome, was a rocker and an athlete.

milkman
07-19-2006, 08:56 AM
No it's not. It's because there is more invested in it...like possible rejection.

There are plenty of attractive men that I am not interested in. It's when there is that chemical reaction with a certain someone. That just does not happen with every attractive man.

Was his name John?

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 08:57 AM
No!

Moooo
07-19-2006, 08:59 AM
It all depends on the woman I guess. Married women seem to be a little more bold in their approach and shy women tend to just give off a feeling of some kind.... but generally, yes, when you catch a girl looking at you for slightly longer than a glance, it generally means they find you attractive or are trying to get your attention. And please note that I am ONLY talking about girls you don't know yet...this does not apply to friends, etc.

Maybe this is where everyone gets that I'm a flirt...

I'm not buying all this still. Its nothing you can analyze cause women are too different. Some women will act nervous, some will talk up a storm. Some will flat out stare at you, and others will be nice without looking you in the eyes at all. There are too many differences in women to analyze one comment, especially without any bodily reactions to compliment it.

And I, as a guy ask chicks this all the time. It doesn't mean I want to date them, it means I have a crappy memory (though I a lot of times will intentionally say, "I'm not trying to hit on you or anything.")

Moooo

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 09:01 AM

This is correct, I've found the best way to handle this is tune it out. Pick up just enough bits to pretend you're not watching the game and leave the rest in the ether, just so you know how to patronize them with nods or shakes depending upon the situation.

Moooo
07-19-2006, 09:02 AM

You're missing my point.

its impossible for a guy to be attractive and not be interested in them. The definition of attraction is that you are drawn to a person. A person can be hot without being attractive, but they have to be someone you are interested in. Attractiveness is multi-faceted.

And if you are worried about rejection the whole situation is intimidating, consequently the person you are talking to is (they are the cause of it indirectly). If you weren't worried about rejection or anything else, would you still be intimidated by talking to the person? If not, my idea still holds water.

Moooo

Moooo
07-19-2006, 09:04 AM
The BEST thing you could ever do for your woman when she is upset and crying - whether it is at you or anyone else - is put your arms around her. I swear, in the middle of a fight, if you are ready to just get back to whatever you were doing and she is upset and crying, all you have to do is put your arms around her. (again, every woman is different though, but this tends to work with me and my friends and family)

Unless she's crying because you just called her a c*nt...

JOKING!!! But seriously, if you're asshole enough to do this, don't try and put your arms around her afterwards.

Moooo

Garcia Bronco
07-19-2006, 09:09 AM
Well that's true. Not sayin' you can't use it as an "in"...just sayin' that's typical of what a guy will do in such a situation.

To call it an "in" is to trivialize it. If anything...it is a dance.

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 09:09 AM
You're missing my point.

its impossible for a guy to be attractive and not be interested in them. The definition of attraction is that you are drawn to a person. A person can be hot without being attractive, but they have to be someone you are interested in. Attractiveness is multi-faceted.

And if you are worried about rejection the whole situation is intimidating, consequently the person you are talking to is (they are the cause of it indirectly). If you weren't worried about rejection or anything else, would you still be intimidated by talking to the person? If not, my idea still holds water.

Moooo

No different with men or anyone else either. I just think the word "intimidating" is too strong. It's not like I can't eventually break it...or don't have my ways. *wink*

I lived in coed apartment once...and to listen to the two male roomates and their gf troubles seems to me that they fret just as much, if not more over the simple act of calling someone up they like and asking her out because of rejection.

In fact there is a book called "What Men Want" that I read about a year or so ago...written by 3 professional men and it claimed the same thing.

Jilly
07-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Unless she's crying because you just called her a c*nt...

JOKING!!! But seriously, if you're asshole enough to do this, don't try and put your arms around her afterwards.

Moooo

nice

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 09:12 AM
This is correct, I've found the best way to handle this is tune it out. Pick up just enough bits to pretend you're not watching the game and leave the rest in the ether, just so you know how to patronize them with nods or shakes depending upon the situation.
Well, I didn't say that either. Geesh! You're not gettin' it down right.
We know when you doing that.

Moooo
07-19-2006, 09:16 AM
nice

Not really. I just saw a show last night (Lucky Louie) where this was the central theme of it.

My point was more that a lot of times the guy is the source of the crying (especially with those women who like to nag), and this would be a BAD time to be trying to hug on her.

In these instances I just get over it real fast. I'll make it up by cooking dinner or something. If that's not enough then forget it.

Moooo

Moooo
07-19-2006, 09:17 AM

I had an ex who I could do that with. She'd ask me what she just said while I was watching football, and then I would proceed to tell her. It would drive her nuts.

The way I see it, KC football takes up 48-72 hours of my life every year. DON'T TALK TO ME THEN!

Moooo

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 09:20 AM

Uhh..no you dont, otherwise you'd stop talking. I can think of no possible reason for droning on to a man, of all creatures, when you dont want him to be a party to the conversation. If you need an object to blather to--find a rock or a dog.

ck_IN
07-19-2006, 09:34 AM
<i>Also, when a female wants to complain and rant about a problem at work or with a friend just because she talks to her guy about it does not mean she wants you to solve it, or recommend solutions necessarily.
</i>

Ok fine but is there some kind of statute of limitations? A guy at my wife's job was rude to her on Monday. She was upset and I was the good hubby and listened to almost every word. Here it is Wednesday and she's still peeved about it. She deals with this guy once in a blue moon and he's a jerk to everyone but she can't let it go!

Moooo
07-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Uhh..no you dont, otherwise you'd stop talking. I can think of no possible reason for droning on to a man, of all creatures, when you dont want him to be a party to the conversation. If you need an object to blather to--find a rock or a dog.

Its about importance. They do it during important times cause they want to know they are more important. A lot of times, if you give them 5 minutes of undivided attention, you can avoid having to give them 15 minutes of undivided attention.

Either that, or they're rude and insecure. I had a girl who would intentionally ask me to do stuff during a football game or something, just because she hated the fact that I liked them.

Moooo

Skyy God
07-19-2006, 09:47 AM
It all depends on the woman I guess. Married women seem to be a little more bold in their approach and shy women tend to just give off a feeling of some kind.... but generally, yes, when you catch a girl looking at you for slightly longer than a glance, it generally means they find you attractive or are trying to get your attention.

That's how the girl I'm currently dating got my attention. No way I would have approached her otherwise because a) she was in a bachelorette group and b) she's an inch taller than me at 6'1". She still won't admit it, however, and clings to the story that I was the one "staring" at her.

Jilly
07-19-2006, 09:50 AM
Well, guys do it too. Or they do that whole aloof, "i'm not looking at you", hard to get thing

Moooo
07-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Well, guys do it too. Or they do that whole aloof, "i'm not looking at you", hard to get thing

I don't know how y'all can tell what exactly is going on.

Maybe you can tell me this... What is it with chicks being real nice to me whenever I first meet them and talk to them (like at work), but then after a month or two all they do is just nod? I know that's not a relationship thing, but I'm as nice to them then as I was the first day I saw them, and they stop being as nice. WTF?

Moooo

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 09:54 AM
Its about importance. They do it during important times cause they want to know they are more important. A lot of times, if you give them 5 minutes of undivided attention, you can avoid having to give them 15 minutes of undivided attention.

Either that, or they're rude and insecure. I had a girl who would intentionally ask me to do stuff during a football game or something, just because she hated the fact that I liked them.

Moooo

Im being somewhat facetious in my comments, but in my experience I would say your latter option is more common because of the 'importance' thing. Of course, some of they guys Ive know, I now wonder if they actually ask their wives to 'come get them' out of watching a game so they can go 'shoe shopping' with her cause they're metro's.

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 09:58 AM
Ever just people watch....and ever see a super hot chick walk by a group of young single guys...when they're sure she's not looking they run their eyes up and down. Then abruptly, turn away when she looks in their direction.

Not sayin' some won't make eye contact in order to initiate some conversation, some go for the kill instantly....but they're sly, but predictable as they goo-goo, dribble behind her back though.

LMAO I think it's a riot. ROFL

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 10:00 AM
I had an ex who I could do that with. She'd ask me what she just said while I was watching football, and then I would proceed to tell her. It would drive her nuts.

The way I see it, KC football takes up 48-72 hours of my life every year. DON'T TALK TO ME THEN!

Moooo

I don't do that....'cause football takes up my Sundays and some Monday nights as well. Only not with KC...but NE and Bucs! Heh!

Jilly
07-19-2006, 10:02 AM
I don't know how y'all can tell what exactly is going on.

Maybe you can tell me this... What is it with chicks being real nice to me whenever I first meet them and talk to them (like at work), but then after a month or two all they do is just nod? I know that's not a relationship thing, but I'm as nice to them then as I was the first day I saw them, and they stop being as nice. WTF?

Moooo

I'm just that good, baby.

No seriously, it's just that when it comes to mating rituals, the human species is no different than the animal kingdom, imo. Of course, in my head, I am only thinking of like a bar type scenario or lately, at f-ing sports games, which totally pisses me off because wtf, can't we just forget our gender differences for awhile and enjoy an f-ing game together??!!!

As for your situation, I could think of any number of funny hurtful things to say, but I won't. They probably just aren't interested anymore because you're just like they guy who's always there - the friend guy. And after a few months the "friend" guy, at least to single girls, is taken for granted and nodded at. However, those married women? They love "friend" guy.

LET ME QUALIFY ALL THIS BY SAYING: I obviously am no expert and this is just opinion.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Ever just people watch....and ever see a super hot chick walk by a group of young single guys...when they're sure she's not looking they run their eyes up and down. Then abruptly, turn away when she looks in their direction.

Yeah, cause it's been my experience that women love men checking their rack or trunk as they walk by. :rolleyes:

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 10:03 AM

That's actually not true. If you give a good acknowledgement Like " I hear what you're sayin" 'and really got what she said...she wouldn't continue. She'd feel heard.

You get a D.
Time to re-do your lesson and practice.
Come back for another chance. :p

Jilly
07-19-2006, 10:04 AM

Not sayin' some won't make eye contact in order to initiate some conversation, some go for the kill instantly....but they're sly, but predictable as they goo-goo, dribble behind her back though.

LMAO I think it's a riot. ROFL

Yes!!!! Like she doesn't notice or more importantly, like her friends won't tell her when she gets back to the table??!!!! Guys are cute, too cute.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 10:05 AM
You get a D.
Time to re-do your lesson and practice.
Come back for another chance. :p

LOL...15 years of marriage says otherwise.

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Yeah, cause it's been my experience that women love men checking their rack or trunk as they walk by. :rolleyes:

Well I dunno about the rack part it's kinda disturbing when a guy you don't know stares at your chest. Kind of skeevy.

Otherwise,yes, it's flattering I'll admit to their being some satisfaction in it, if tasteful ( not glaring construction workers hoots for instance-emabarrassing) ....but oh so funny to watch when they think no one's lookin.' LMAO!
ROFL

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 10:08 AM
LOL...15 years of marriage says otherwise.

WoW! Well you know the saying many drift apart in silence with no real communication. Even a few arguments means there is some life in the relationship.

Sounds more to me like she must be talkin' out loud to herself more.
Then I can see it.

Anyway, I'm just jokin' around with ya'

CosmicPal
07-19-2006, 10:10 AM

Yes.

However- true story here: Growing up in Overland Park, I was quite the golfer and played some local tourneys as well as playing for the high school's team. I would get mistaken often as someone else from Blue Valley.

During my tenure in high school, I'd often go to parties. Peeps I've never met before would approach me and think I was "Greg" I kept insisting my name was "Ken" and after awhile, it got old. I heard he was a golfer as well and during one tournament- I walked up to the board to see who my threesome would be for the day, and lo and behold- one of them was "Greg"

I remember walking up to the tee and it was literally like looking in the mirror. The two of us were identical.

So, when gals would approach me then and say, "I know you." I didn't think it was a "pick-up line"

luv
I'm just that good, baby.

No seriously, it's just that when it comes to mating rituals, the human species is no different than the animal kingdom, imo. Of course, in my head, I am only thinking of like a bar type scenario or lately, at f-ing sports games, which totally pisses me off because wtf, can't we just forget our gender differences for awhile and enjoy an f-ing game together??!!!

As for your situation, I could think of any number of funny hurtful things to say, but I won't. They probably just aren't interested anymore because you're just like they guy who's always there - the friend guy. And after a few months the "friend" guy, at least to single girls, is taken for granted and nodded at. However, those married women? They love "friend" guy.

LET ME QUALIFY ALL THIS BY SAYING: I obviously am no expert and this is just opinion.
This pretty much sums up my attempts at relationships...lol. Only I'm a chick instead of a guy.

Rain Man
Well I dunno about the rack part it's kinda disturbing when a guy you don't know stares at your chest. Kind of skeevy.

Where else are we supposed to look? Darwin/God made them bobble for a reason.

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Yes!!!! Like she doesn't notice or more importantly, like her friends won't tell her when she gets back to the table??!!!! Guys are cute, too cute.

Heh! Heh! You know in advertising pics of beautiful are used because studies show it makes enough men stupid. ROFL

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 10:14 AM

Well, I did say stare. Some discreetness for this part of us is all that's required.

After all, let's switch roles, ( you should do a poll on this :p ) have men toss our their baggy emasculating pants....now if we "stared" at your equipment would you like it....especially if talking about the weather. ROFL

Rain Man
07-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Well, I did say stare. Some discreetness for this part of us is all that's required.

After all, let's switch roles, ( you should do a poll on this :p ) have men toss our their baggy emasculating pants....now if we "stared" at your equipment would you like it....especially if talking about the weather. ROFL

I think I can safely say that we men would be thrilled.

luv
07-19-2006, 10:16 AM

Just tell him it must be really cold out today.

Jilly
07-19-2006, 10:17 AM

The only time I hate it is when I have headlights, then I'm just really, really embarassed.

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 10:17 AM
I think I can safely say that we men would be thrilled.

Yah...but what would you think of the woman is the question?
And what if the woman is someone you DON'T find attractive? eh?

BTW would you like your wife to do that to other men?

Rain Man
07-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Just tell him it must be really cold out today.

In retrospect, we would need to begin school education programs about the concept of shrinkage.

Rain Man
07-19-2006, 10:19 AM
The only time I hate it is when I have headlights, then I'm just really, really embarassed.

But that's when you should be most proud.

Rain Man
07-19-2006, 10:22 AM
Yah...but what would you think of the woman is the question?

I would think that she likes my genitals, which is never a bad thing.

And what if the woman is someone you DON'T find attractive? eh?

I've never considered this possibility. I'll have to give it some more thought.

BTW would you like your wife to do that to other men?

My wife would never do such a thing. My wife has me and my orange pants.

Jilly
07-19-2006, 10:24 AM
But that's when you should be most proud.

Really? For some reason, I'm just really embarassed, especially if it's not even a "hey, let's look at each other" type situation. Like playing the sand volleyball....it just feels like I'm on display, and it's really embarassing.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 10:31 AM

Otherwise,yes, it's flattering I'll admit to their being some satisfaction in it, if tasteful ( not glaring construction workers hoots for instance-emabarrassing) ....but oh so funny to watch when they think no one's lookin.' LMAO!
ROFL

I guess it would be funny to see younger guys jaws drop as a super hottie walked by. They havent figured out how to handle it yet.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 10:32 AM
...Anyway, I'm just jokin' around with ya'

no worries... ;)

Rain Man
07-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Really? For some reason, I'm just really embarassed, especially if it's not even a "hey, let's look at each other" type situation. Like playing the sand volleyball....it just feels like I'm on display, and it's really embarassing.

Well...you are. That's why we like it. If it's any consolation, we'll never remember your face in this situation.

ROYC75
07-19-2006, 10:53 AM

Damn baby, them's primer buttons for a wood(y) stove.

CoMoChief
07-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Depends on the situation and your surroundings I guess.

ROYC75
07-19-2006, 10:55 AM

What's the % of men that watch women volleyball for the competition ? :hmmm:

StcChief
07-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Damn baby, them's primer buttons for a wood(y) stove.

Just like Chicken's Done for the popup timers.. :p

Jilly
07-19-2006, 10:57 AM
yeah, maybe it's that line of thought that's making me embarrassed?!!! The whole thought that that guy is thinking, "F___, turkey's done!"

ROYC75
07-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Sorry baby, but in a man's world, a nice pair of boobs with erected nipples is nothing more that a honing devise for the dicks........

StcChief
07-19-2006, 11:00 AM
yeah, maybe it's that line of thought that's making me embarrassed?!!! The whole thought that that guy is thinking, "F___, turkey's done!" Those timers are bigger...
ROFL

ROYC75
07-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Those timers are bigger...
ROFL

Yep, they are done, time to eat ! :drool:

StcChief
07-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Sorry baby, but in a man's world, a nice pair of boobs with erected nipples is nothing more that a honing devise for the dicks........

That's why they AC is cold in office buildings. :drool:

Jilly
07-19-2006, 11:07 AM
yeah, you guys aren't helping my embarassment any...I'm gonna have to wear like 3 bras now when I go anywhere.

go bo
07-19-2006, 11:15 AM
this thread is worthless without pics...

ROYC75
07-19-2006, 11:15 AM
yeah, you guys aren't helping my embarassment any...I'm gonna have to wear like 3 bras now when I go anywhere.

Why, we love it, why ruin a good thing ?

sedated
07-19-2006, 11:25 AM
As much as I'm enjoying the nipple discussion, I must address the initial topic.

As a guy, if I ask a woman if "I know her from somewhere", I am definitely hitting on her. And I expect the same from my female counterparts.

If she's nasty or I have zero interest, I could care less if I know her from somewhere.

It's a great pick-up line because it is not blatantly obvious, and you get to learn something about them.

I prefer to ask if they went to my high school. That way I can learn their approximate age and where they grew up, as well as get a sense of if they are interested.

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 11:45 AM
As a guy, if I ask a woman if "I know her from somewhere", I am definitely hitting on her. And I expect the same from my female counterparts.

If she's nasty or I have zero interest, I could care less if I know her from somewhere.

It's a great pick-up line because it is not blatantly obvious, and you get to learn something about them.

Thank you for proving my earlier point about the difference between men and women. If I asked someone that it would be because they look familiar to me and nothing more even if I asked in bar.

crispystl
07-19-2006, 11:48 AM
This is wierd as i'm reading this a girl i boinked last year and never see or talk to anymore walks up to me while i'm on the computer in the bookstore i think its a sign.

StcChief
07-19-2006, 11:51 AM
As much as I'm enjoying the nipple discussion, I must address the initial topic.

I prefer to ask if they went to my high school. That way I can learn their approximate age and where they grew up, as well as get a sense of if they are interested.

Or the stupid line used by locals in STL 'Where did you go to HS' assuming everyone you meet grew up in STL....

This is more of a sizing you up in a socio-economic class line here.

ROYC75
07-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Thank you for proving my earlier point about the difference between men and women. If I asked someone that it would be because they look familiar to me and nothing more even if I asked in bar.

This may be true to you, but you are only a small % of women across the world. It very well is true to a rather large % of women.

But for 1 minute don't think that with some women it's not ......... women use lines on men now days as men have done to women for years. It's not the 40 - 50's anymore,women are more aggressive now than ever before ......

greg63
07-19-2006, 11:54 AM

Well it's been a while since I dated, but off hand I'd say that you should simply go with it and see where it all leads. Sometimes opportunity knocks only once.

Rain Man
07-19-2006, 11:57 AM

History's Worst Villains

1. Hitler
2. Pol Pot
3. Paul Hackett
4. The inventor of the slightly padded bra
5. Stalin
6. A guy I used to work for
7. bin Laden
8. Mike Stock
9. Mac Cowan, the kid who used to pick on me in junior high
10. Nero

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 11:57 AM
This may be true to you, but you are only a small % of women across the world. It very well is true to a rather large % of women.

But for 1 minute don't think that with some women it's not ......... women use lines on men now days as men have done to women for years. It's not the 40 - 50's anymore,women are more aggressive now than ever before ......

Nor is it the eighties. I did say it was not absolute if you read my earlier post. You're right these days woman are more bold. I'm shy'er and clam up if I really like the guy that way. I still say men are more goal orientated than woman overall and it's not a slam dunk that it means it's a hit on a man.

crispystl
07-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Well it's been a while since I dated, but off hand I'd say that you should simply go with it and see where it all leads. Sometimes opportunity knocks only once.

I got a girlfriend. I might add this has never happened when she was with me but i wouldn't go up to girl and ask her that if she had a guy with her..... unless I really remebered her...hmm maybe i'm on to something. Or maybe some guy named greg that looks just like me move into town.

listopencil
07-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Also, when a female wants to complain and rant..does not mean she wants you to solve it, or recommend solutions necessarily.

Yes, all of us married men know this but that doesn't mean we have to put up with it. Did you ever think we suggest solutions just to get you to shut up about it and leave us alone?

greg63
07-19-2006, 12:03 PM
I got a girlfriend. I might add this has never happened when she was with me but i wouldn't go up to girl and ask her that if she had a guy with her..... unless I really remebered her...hmm maybe i'm on to something. Or maybe some guy named greg that looks just like me move into town.

Well I've lived in Coffeyville since I was five. :banghead:

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Yes, all of us married men know this but that doesn't mean we have to put up with it. Did you ever think we suggest solutions just to get you to shut up about it and leave us alone?

Nah! That just encourages it.
Now if she comes to you with a mechanical problem...like how to fix something...she means she wants you do solve that. By you offering to do it for her though. :)

I'll bill ya' later.

listopencil
07-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Nah! That just encourages it.
Now if she comes to you with a mechanical problem...like how to fix something...she means she wants you do solve that. By you offering to do it for her though. :)

I'll bill ya' later.

Encourages it? Hardly. Nothing shuts a woman up who wants to complain quite like giving her perfectly reasonable suggestions as to how to fix her problem. Within five minutes you'll get a huffy,"Never mind!" and the conversation will be over. It's a great tactic. Works every time.

Save your bill, I don't take quack advice.

sedated
07-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Or the stupid line used by locals in STL 'Where did you go to HS' assuming everyone you meet grew up in STL....

This is more of a sizing you up in a socio-economic class line here.

that seems more suited for a topic of conversation after you've already began a discussion.

saying they "look familiar, did you go to such-and-such high school?" is an ice breaker that lets them offer some info.

"No, I went to high school in Washington." - possible topic of conversation.

"No, I go to..." - run away

listopencil
07-19-2006, 12:17 PM
that seems more suited for a topic of conversation after you've already began a discussion.

saying they "look familiar, did you go to such-and-such high school?" is an ice breaker that lets them offer some info.

"No, I went to high school in Washington." - possible topic of conversation.

"No, I go to..." - run away

I get that out here in California a lot and I never went to school in this state. It's funny when someone thinks they went to school with me.

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 12:28 PM
Encourages it? Hardly. Nothing shuts a woman up who wants to complain quite like giving her perfectly reasonable suggestions as to how to fix her problem. Within five minutes you'll get a huffy,"Never mind!" and the conversation will be over. It's a great tactic. Works every time.

Doesn't work with me...or my friends so I hear.
Not everything can have something done about it when it comes to people or office politics. It just helps to be heard sometimes.

Save your bill, I don't take quack advice.
ROFL

listopencil
07-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Doesn't work with me...

Hah, a woman will never admit it.

Moooo
07-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Doesn't work with me...or my friends so I hear.
Not everything can have something done about it when it comes to people or office politics. It just helps to be heard sometimes.

The one that annoys me is when women expect you to remember every last thing you said. I have memory problems to begin with, just cause I can't remember doesn't mean I wasn't listening (I can't remember to comb my hair some days).

And women bait guys to work on their cars like men bait women to cook and clean for them. I could care less if I lived in a dirty house, and food tastes the same to me no matter what it is, but yet I'll still make a point to say she's the best at both.

It makes people feel good.

Moooo

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Just to come full circle on this, crispy, I think we all agree now that if a woman comes up and does that it means she wants the pipe.

luv
07-19-2006, 01:20 PM
The one that annoys me is when women expect you to remember every last thing you said. I have memory problems to begin with, just cause I can't remember doesn't mean I wasn't listening (I can't remember to comb my hair some days).

And women bait guys to work on their cars like men bait women to cook and clean for them. I could care less if I lived in a dirty house, and food tastes the same to me no matter what it is, but yet I'll still make a point to say she's the best at both.

Moooo
Women also appreciate sincerity. We can usually tell whenever you're just telling us whatever it is you think we want to hear. No one appreciates having people blow smoke....

StcChief
07-19-2006, 01:21 PM

Moooo
Women remember everything in detail...(Their communication style)

Men remember half if that and only the parts we believe are important.
Igonore the BS details.

They know What day, time, temp, what everyone wore,
actually seating order, what posturing statements were made,
you name it they remember it.

big picture concepts are less important and synthesis of matter
seperating wheat from chafe....

crispystl
07-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Just to come full circle on this, crispy, I think we all agree now that if a woman comes up and does that it means she wants the pipe.

You mean this whole time they were just wanting to smoke my weed! Damn!

Moooo
07-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Women also appreciate sincerity. We can usually tell whenever you're just telling us whatever it is you think we want to hear. No one appreciates having people blow smoke....

Yeah, and its mostly just me too. Since I can't smell, all food tastes like 4 different things. Sweet, salty, bitter, or sour. Other than that, and I can't really tell. I can taste some other things, but I get them confused a lot (like I'll think ice cream tastes like whipped cream, or that a strawberry tastes like a cherry).

But the memory thing I can't help. A psychologist said here might be some localized damage from a fever I ran when I was a kid (cause someone can tell me something, and 5 seconds later its already gone).

Moooo

sedated
07-19-2006, 01:27 PM

don't I know you from somewhere?

sedated
07-19-2006, 01:29 PM
But the memory thing I can't help. A psychologist said here might be some localized damage from a fever I ran when I was a kid (cause someone can tell me something, and 5 seconds later its already gone).

you still remember that $100 bucks you owe me, right?

Predarat
07-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Usually I take them saying that to mean they want to get to know me better, as in the bedroom.

Moooo
07-19-2006, 01:37 PM
you still remember that $100 bucks you owe me, right?

I don't borrow large sums of money from people for just that reason. I borrowed money from my friend, but I made sure to tell him to remind me or I'll never pay it back (like a dollar or something).

One day he did that and I gave it to him, only to tell me he was joking and I never did. I just can't remember.

Moooo

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 01:38 PM

'weed' seems a bit derogatory, but whatever you've named it...yeah.

Moooo
07-19-2006, 01:47 PM

I'm just being friendly in the first place. I don't wanna date someone right now, I just wanna hang out with people and have a good time, and be able to do what I want.

I never once give them signals. I'll initiate eye contact and of the sort, but nothing like asking them if they want to go do something.

Maybe they're just rude. All I know is its kinda mean to be aloof after being nice to someone for a whole month.

Moooo

ck_IN
07-19-2006, 01:49 PM
<i>yeah, you guys aren't helping my embarassment any...I'm gonna have to wear like 3 bras now when I go anywhere.</i>

No don't do that! Go without one. That way accurate measurements can be taken. Science calls!

As for women remembering every detail, not true. I happen to live with one that STILL doesn't grasp the concept of 'turn off the light when you leave the room', or 'shut the closet door so I don't mutilate my big toe', or 'this is how you cut/paste/drag/drop'.

Female memory is detailed but selective.

crispystl
07-19-2006, 01:52 PM
don't I know you from somewhere?

You may have smoked with me in at or on the mizzou campus who knows.

KCTitus
07-19-2006, 01:56 PM
...or 'this is how you cut/paste/drag/drop'.

ROFL...yup.

Moooo
07-19-2006, 01:56 PM
<i>yeah, you guys aren't helping my embarassment any...I'm gonna have to wear like 3 bras now when I go anywhere.</i>

No don't do that! Go without one. That way accurate measurements can be taken. Science calls!

As for women remembering every detail, not true. I happen to live with one that STILL doesn't grasp the concept of 'turn off the light when you leave the room', or 'shut the closet door so I don't mutilate my big toe', or 'this is how you cut/paste/drag/drop'.

Its emotionally driven. They can remember how they felt during an instance more than the instance itself.

Also women are more self-centered. We live in a society where the man courts the woman, and provides for her (supposedly), and consequently until they have kids, women are more self-centered in their life. They may do a lot of things for other people, but even that is because it makes THEM feel good.

Moooo

BucEyedPea
07-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Hah, a woman will never admit it.

*snicker*

As far as the memory point cool. But I think if you're really into someone, at least during the infatuation phase of a relationship, at least I hang on their every word.

As far as baiting men to use them....I hate users. Any kind. I never did things like that. I'm actually very independent. My sister used to have guys who liked her mover her apartment; then a week later she'd break up with them. I couldn't do something like that. I only accept if it's a two way reciprocal flow.

The worst I ever did was when my car broke down on the highway...of course before I got married. I didn't know what to do to fix it. So I sat on the hood until a bunch of guys picked me up. They just drove me to a gas station.

Jilly
07-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Its emotionally driven. They can remember how they felt during an instance more than the instance itself.

Also women are more self-centered. We live in a society where the man courts the woman, and provides for her (supposedly), and consequently until they have kids, women are more self-centered in their life. They may do a lot of things for other people, but even that is because it makes THEM feel good.

Moooo

Can't really let that one go, Moooo. I agree with that first part, but really to call all women self-centered because they can't remember stuff...well..that's silly. Some of us just have really bad memories. I don't remember shit, ever.

Moooo
07-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Can't really let that one go, Moooo. I agree with that first part, but really to call all women self-centered because they can't remember stuff...well..that's silly. Some of us just have really bad memories. I don't remember shit, ever.

I'm just exaggerating.

If you don't mind, see what you think of my first reply to you. I'd like some feedback on that, it happens a lot.

Moooo

StcChief
07-19-2006, 03:04 PM

No bra, well that depends on the 'set' involved. Support maybe important.

That is true. The details they want to make their point.

I guess the electric bill, changing the burned out light bulb is her responsibility now... :p

Closet door wow, that works against everyone.

Reaper16
07-19-2006, 03:08 PM
The women staring at you are just wonderin' if a guy who goes by the name "Moooo" has udders.
Looks like you have a vested interest in this question, based on what you go by.

Jilly
07-19-2006, 03:08 PM

Moooo

I hope you're referring to this post. BUT.... I'm not sure what you mean by intimidating...because attractive can be intimidating at times. And I'm a hard judge at this because I'm pretty outgoing and I don't get intimidated easily. But as for my friends...if they think a guy is attractive and they give him the stare and he still doesn't find the balls to approach her, they will straight go to him. The best pick up line one of my friends has used is... "Hey, brown jacket guy!..." And he bought us all drinks the rest of the night.

Jilly
07-19-2006, 03:11 PM
No bra, well that depends on the 'set' involved. Support maybe important.

That is true. The details they want to make their point.

I guess the electric bill, changing the burned out light bulb is her responsibility now... :p

Closet door wow, that works against everyone.

The closet door should ALWAYS be shut, ALWAYS. What the hell? Doesn't she care about her own life? Doesn't she know that monsters live in there and sometimes even the boogie man?

Donger
07-19-2006, 03:15 PM

I can actually understand that, though I didn't use to. My wife's nipples become erect frequently, with very little stimuli. Since we know each other so well, I can make them erect just by looking at them briefly and smiling. She hates that, especially when I do it in public.

dtebbe
07-19-2006, 03:42 PM
she wants to do you.

What are you waiting for?

DT

ImAWalkingCorpse
07-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Always say... "You look familiar too, let me see the top of your head".

StcChief
07-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Always say... "You look familiar too, let me the top of your head".

That will get you far....POV shots of the top of her head. ROFL

milkman
07-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Looks like you have a vested interest in this question, based on what you go by.

No....No.....I have no interest in "milk" from a guy who thinks he's a cow.

Jenny Gump
07-19-2006, 06:05 PM
<i>

Wow. That is so true. Jim remembers things that I KNOW I should remember, but I don't. However, ask me anytime I've been pissed at him about something, and I can paint you a complete picture.

Jenny Gump
07-19-2006, 06:13 PM

I used to go to school with this guy named Frank. I always considered him hot, sexy, and doable, but he and I remained "friends". After a while we actually got to be pretty close (just as friends). Anywho, a couple of years ago, I see this guy's brother out and I recognize him. I went up to him since I hadn't heard from Frank in several years. This is how the convesation went:

Me: "Hi, are you Frank's brother?"
Brother Dude: "Yeah...?"
Me: "I thought so, he and I went to school together, my name is Jenny"
Brother Dude: "Oh, yeah, I remember you."
Me: "How the hell is Frank doing? I haven't seen him in forever?"
Brother Dude: ".....Look, my brother is married, and he's trying to make the marriage work. It's been hard for him."
Me: [one eyebrow down in a confused state] "Uh....ok. Well, tell him I said hi."

So, my point is that sometimes, with certain guys, it seems like ANY interaction equals a come on to them. I hate to break it to you guys that don't know about this little known fact, but we don't hit on you as often as your ego tells you we do.

milkman
07-19-2006, 06:21 PM
So, my point is that sometimes, with certain guys, it seems like ANY interaction equals a come on to them. I hate to break it to you guys that don't know about this little known fact, but we don't hit on you as often as your ego tells you we do.

Liar!!!! :cuss:

:)

Rain Man
07-19-2006, 06:25 PM

Stop destroying my happiness.

crispystl
07-19-2006, 06:28 PM
Stop destroying my happiness.
yeah what a downer!

Donger
07-19-2006, 06:31 PM
I hate to break it to you guys that don't know about this little known fact, but we don't hit on you as often as your ego tells you we do.

Nonsense.

ck_IN
07-19-2006, 06:40 PM
<i>I hate to break it to you guys that don't know about this little known fact, but we don't hit on you as often as your ego tells you we do.</i>

That may be true for these other guys but not for men with my obvious charm, astounding intelligence and rugged good looks.

But thank you for trying to do your part to keep my ego in check. With my innate humbleness it's not a hard task.

crispystl
07-19-2006, 06:43 PM
<i>I hate to break it to you guys that don't know about this little known fact, but we don't hit on you as often as your ego tells you we do.</i>

That may be true for these other guys but not for men with my obvious charm, astounding intelligence and rugged good looks.

But thank you for trying to do your part to keep my ego in check. With my innate humbleness it's not a hard task.

yeah what he said.