PDA

View Full Version : Would you use HGH or steroids?

jAZ
07-20-2006, 01:59 PM
I screwed up the last poll somehow... so vote here this time...

poll forthcoming

(assume you are at the same risk of getting caught as any athelete in sports today)

jAZ
07-20-2006, 02:03 PM
this is a bump to get folks to move to this poll/thread...

Sorry for the eff-up.

Otter
07-20-2006, 02:07 PM
While the effects may not be as bad as they were 10 years ago because of improved systemization and counter measures, on some level they still shrink your wee wee and ruin your liver.

Hell no.

ct
07-20-2006, 02:11 PM
no and no

jAZ
07-20-2006, 02:17 PM
I see a couple people seem to "prefer" HGH over steroids. I'm curious why so? I don't know much about either.

ROYC75
07-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Taking ( real ) HGH keeps your body from making the natural ( proper ) hormones. If taken for an extended period, your own hormones will rely on the injected HGH for your body.

You can take a all natural dietary supplement PREFERRED HGH enhancer http://www.alternative-health-supplements.com/preferred-hgh.html
and let it assist your own natural hormones.

There are several different kind of these on the open market.

HGH ? ....... no
Steroids ? ....... no

Now with that being said, I have been given steroid packs often by my doc for certain injuries and illness.

But not daily to enhance / alter the body.

BIG_DADDY
07-20-2006, 03:17 PM
What a funny post. Anti-aging clinics in Europe have used HGH and Testosterone in small doses to slow the aging process with a lot of success. To say I would never do that strikes me as a bit humorous is you have the extra cash laying around aand are getting old. That being said yes I have used roids but don't believe I ever will again unless it is in the floormat I just described.

el borracho
07-20-2006, 03:20 PM
When I was about 20 years old my best friend (and workout buddy) took 'em. I declined. Then I saw how freaking big he got and I wanted to take 'em but didn't want to take them by myself. He declined to take them again so I didn't take them then, either. Later on, he took them again but by then I was over the idea.

Looking back now I am glad I never did end up taking them but who knows what I would have done if the circumstances had been right when I was younger and less mature.

Carlota69
07-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Funny, I was just talking to my doctor about this very subject, HGH (not steriods). There are so many mis-conceptions about HGH out there becasue of the neg press in relation to athletes etc...

HGH is not the same as steriods. HGH is a hormone that we are born with, we just lose it as we get older.

My doctor, who happens to be on HGH, says it can be useful in preventing health problems related to getting older. Also, after all kinds of studies from all over the world, HGH has proven to

1)reduce body fat
2) reduce weight
3)increase good, deep sleep
4) increase libido
5)increase muscle mass
6)increase bone mass, helping prevent Osteporosis
7)helps organs such as the liver perform better
8) can really help pre-menopausal women

It's probably true about your body relying on HGH instead of producing hormones on their own, but we take antibiotics like its candy and teaches our immune system to rely on them. So I guess you have to figure our your own personal prioroties.

But to shrug off HGH and treat it likes it Steriods isn't really fair. The only thing I hear about real HGH is you could get a bad sample. Say the specimen that it came from had some crazy form of cancer or something. Synthetic HGH is apparently the way to go.

ROYC75
07-20-2006, 03:49 PM
HGH is OK to take. You have to be rich to take it and once the body gets it contiuously, it relies on it. Your own body doesn't produce it anymore.

As you get older, it produces less, this starts the aging affect and lack of good health.

To take it ( HGH enhancers) as a daily dose, it will not harm you as it helps your own pituitary gland with natural production of your own HGH.

To put it in the catagory of steroids is unfair..........

Fish
07-20-2006, 03:51 PM
THC..... the only one for me......

Don't shrink your dink.... don't make ya mad....

ROYC75
07-20-2006, 03:53 PM
FWIW, 3 years ago, I took the PREFERRED HGH enhancer and was feeling good, but I didn't relate it to the product. I took it for 2 months and got side tracked and stopped taking it.

It wasn't till last week I was thinking about it and reordered the product. I have a 6 month supply now and plan of keeping track of how I feel and how it assist my weight loss.

BIG_DADDY
07-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Funny, I was just talking to my doctor about this very subject, HGH (not steriods). There are so many mis-conceptions about HGH out there becasue of the neg press in relation to athletes etc...

HGH is not the same as steriods. HGH is a hormone that we are born with, we just lose it as we get older.

My doctor, who happens to be on HGH, says it can be useful in preventing health problems related to getting older. Also, after all kinds of studies from all over the world, HGH has proven to

1)reduce body fat
2) reduce weight
3)increase good, deep sleep
4) increase libido
5)increase muscle mass
6)increase bone mass, helping prevent Osteporosis
7)helps organs such as the liver perform better
8) can really help pre-menopausal women

It's probably true about your body relying on HGH instead of producing hormones on their own, but we take antibiotics like its candy and teaches our immune system to rely on them. So I guess you have to figure our your own personal prioroties.

But to shrug off HGH and treat it likes it Steriods isn't really fair. The only thing I hear about real HGH is you could get a bad sample. Say the specimen that it came from had some crazy form of cancer or something. Synthetic HGH is apparently the way to go.

Now why would anybody want to have all those benefits? Really Carlota I think your losing your mind. Haven't you seen the massive amount that's been invested into making us all believe these thing are the work of the debil. Personally I think your a cheater. Your just trying to cheat on getting old like your supposed to. Cheater, cheater, cheater. :cuss:

Some other benefits

1. Regrowth of hair.
2. Increased eyesight

Testosterone is usually added as well at these anti-aging clinics and it is also a natural substance considered a steroid. I would bet your doctor is probably self prescribed that as well.

ROYC75
07-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Preferred HGH Information

Preferred HGH is designed to support the body's own ability to release HGH (human growth hormone) from the pituitary gland. To achieve this goal, Preferred HGH effectively combines nutrients such as glutamine peptides and colostrum, along with several other essential, all-natural, hormone-free ingredients. Preferred HGH is an all-natural, cost-effective approach to wellness and longevity with no adverse side effects.

Benefits of Increased HGH Levels:

* 14.4 percent loss of fat on average after six months, without dieting.
* 8.8 percent increase in muscle mass on average after six months, without exercising.
* Preferred HGH Helps Higher energy level.
* Preferred HGH Helps Enhanced sexual performance.
* Preferred HGH Helps Enhanced immune function.
* Preferred HGH Helps Increased exercise performance.
* Preferred HGH Helps Stimulates the production of Human Growth Hormone
* Preferred HGH Helps Improves skin elasticity
* Preferred HGH Helps Improves hearing and vision
* Preferred HGH Helps Improve health
* Preferred HGH Helps Preferred HGH

As we age, we notice it takes us a little longer to fight off a cold or flu, we become more vulnerable to disease, our energy and enthusiasm lessen, our skin loses its elasticity, we gain unwanted weight and lose muscle tone. After maturity, we gradually lose the immune and growth factors in our body. This impacts us to search for anti-aging and health products and knowledge. We've looked to plants and minerals for an answer, isolating and mega-dosing on vitamins and minerals. Recently we've become more aware, thanks to the media, about the dangers of this hit and miss approach. Aging, illness and death occur with the loss of immune and growth factors in our bodies. Medical science has shown in many published reports worldwide that these can possibly be replaced in the human body by using an HGH precursor like Preferred HGH.

Frequently Asked Questions
What is Human Growth Hormone ?
Human Growth Hormone is produced by the pituitary gland located in the human brain. It is produced in greatest amounts in childhood and adolescence. At the age of 60, Human Growth Hormone levels decrease by 80% of previous levels in adolescence. Human Growth Hormone depletion is marked by the usual signs of aging, which includes increased body fat (especially around the waist), reduced vitality, decreased muscle mass, and poor general health. It influences the growth of cells, bones, muscles and organs throughout the body.

What is Preferred HGH ?
Preferred HGH is an amino acid formula and it is what is known as a precursor which means it stimulates the pituitary gland to secrete it's own Human Growth Hormone. In addition Preferred HGH also contains Colostrum, Phosphatidyl Serine, Phosphatidyl Choline, Chrysin, Tribulus Terrestris, and Citrus Complex.

How do I take Preferred HGH ?
Preferred HGH is in a capsule form - there are 120 capsules per bottle. Two (2) capsules are taken in the morning and two (2) capsules in the evening, preferably on an empty stomach tahe Preferred HGH.

Who should use Preferred HGH ?
Preferred HGH should be used by anyone who wants to look younger and feel healthier. According to Dr Klatz, President of the American Academy of Anti Aging Medicine the ideal age to begin supplementation with Preferred HGH is 25.

Is Preferred HGH safe ?
Precursors like Preferred HGH have been around for many years and there are many studies to demonstrate their efficacy and safety. Preferred HGH has no contraindications with any other products - it has no disadvantages only wonderful benefits.
Ingredients Used in Preferred HGH (4 capsule serving)
Amino Peptide Complex (Provides 30% Glutamine Pepitides) 2000 mg Glutiamine Pepitides are used for Building lean muscle tissue, Increasing human growth hormone response, Diet, Strenthening immune system , Supporting protein synthesis, and Optimizing brain function .
Colostrum (Provides 500 nanograms of platelet derived growth factor) 150 mg

Colostrum has powerful natural immune and growth factors that bring the body to a state of homeostasis -- its powerful, vital natural state of health and well being. Colostrum helps support healthy immune function; it also enables us to resist the harmful effects of pollutants, contaminants and allergens where they attack us.

Plus, the growth factors in Colostrum create many of the positive "side-effects" of a healthy organism -- an enhanced ability to metabolize or "burn" fat, greater ease in building lean muscle mass, and enhanced rejuvenation of skin and muscle.
Tribulus Terrestris (Provides 40% Furastanol Saponins) 500 mg In mem Tribulus Terrestris improves strength or erection and spermatogenesis, and may increase testosterone. In women, it likewise increases libido, improves ovulation effect, decreases the vasomotor symptoms accompanying menopause, reduces apathy and aggressiveness.
Citrus Complex (Contains 18% Naringinine) 50 mg Naringinine is a powerful citrus extract effective in weight loss. Naringinine inhibits cytochrome P450 that, in excess, creates barriers for weight loss. It also curbs appetite and acts as a powerful antioxidant.
Phosphatidyl Serin 2.5 mg Phosphatidyl Serin is a naturally occurring substance on the surface of membranes in brain cells and nerve connections. It is used to enhance memory and cognitive skills that normally decline with age. The National Institute of Mental Health reported a 15-20% increase in memory improvement in people suffering from age-related memory loss when they supplemented with PS.
Chrysin (98% pure 5,7 Dehydroxyflavone) 10 mg Curysin is extracted from a fairly rare plant called Passiflora Caerula. Chrysin is proven to be beneficial in reducing fat while maintaining and increasing lean body muscle. Chrysin also inhibits the factors that have a negative effect on HGH levels.
Phosphatidyl Chorine 2.5 mg Phosphatidyl Chorine is the main component of Lecithin, needed for proper mental functioning and fat breakdown. It is useful in breaking down fat deposits, therefore preventing atherosclerosis, heart disease, gallstones and liver problems. PC has also shown to be beneficial in treating memory loss and depression.

BIG_DADDY
07-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Anybody else notice jaz is on the same page as GWB here. ROFL

Rain Man
07-20-2006, 05:35 PM
FWIW, 3 years ago, I took the PREFERRED HGH enhancer and was feeling good, but I didn't relate it to the product. I took it for 2 months and got side tracked and stopped taking it.

It wasn't till last week I was thinking about it and reordered the product. I have a 6 month supply now and plan of keeping track of how I feel and how it assist my weight loss.

Would the mods please put an asterisk next to Roy's post count? And apparently he's ripe for a four-thread suspension.

Rain Man
07-20-2006, 05:39 PM
No and no. As far as the aging benefits others are discussing, I want to see FDA approval that says I won't get brain cancer like Lyle Alzado before I'd even consider it. I'm one of those people who thinks that my body's got a great system going internally, and I never take any type of drug unless there's a truly compelling reason to do it. I won't even take a Tylenol unless I have to.

From a career perspective, I wouldn't do it as a football player, either. It wouldn't be worth the risk of having your reputation and accomplishments sullied if you got caught.

Mr. Laz
07-20-2006, 05:40 PM
where is the "i'd take HGH as a anti-aging theraphy" option?

Otter
07-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Alright, I read "steroids" and painted everything with a broad brush. After reading more here and on Google search I realized that I really don't know shit about them.

Stay tuned for my philosophy on why Trent Green will never work out in Kansas City.

JBucc
07-20-2006, 05:53 PM
I might take HGH if I sucked and needed it to get into the big leagues.

jAZ
07-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Anybody else notice jaz is on the same page as GWB here. ROFL
Which page is that? Declaring that we won't take either?

Rausch
07-20-2006, 10:50 PM
Not HGH, no way.

Not only does the stuff lead to random growth (imagine your feet or fingers growing an extra 3 inches but nothing else) but you've got to shoot the stuff to get any significant results.

No thanks...

Halfcan
07-20-2006, 11:08 PM
I have never taken any drugs or steroids-signed

Barry Bonds

jidar
07-21-2006, 12:40 AM
This is missing the option that I might take it if it weren't to cheat in a sport. I'm not really that obsessed with being huge and ripped, but I wouldn't say that I would never take it. I might. *shrug*

I honestly don't think there is much wrong with it if it's done correctly and controlled. I suppose it does some bad things to you, but so do bacon cheesburgers and martinis, both of which I'm not giving up.

Boardin Bronco
07-21-2006, 12:49 AM
I would take HGH if my name was Ryan Sims and I wasn't living up to my draft slot.

Otter
07-21-2006, 01:07 AM
I would take HGH if my name was Ryan Sims and I wasn't living up to my draft slot.

How clever

thepascalblaze
07-21-2006, 01:36 AM
Where can I get it? Seriously. A precursur will do. Before it is banned, I want a source, precurser or otherwise...

I am a libertarian and wish to live in a world where we live in the conglomerate pool of our own consequences...

...for better or for worse...

...certainly precursers for HGH arren't going to weaken as as a population, or are they?

el borracho
07-21-2006, 02:03 AM
What would you do if your name was Marcus Nash or Ashley Lelie? Hmmm?

Chiefnj
07-21-2006, 09:21 AM
I've read some pretty impressive things about HGH - not only related to working out but better overall health including things such as eyesight. From my layperson perspective HGH gets lumped into a negative category unnecessarily so. I would take HGH under the supervision of a physician (hopefully covered under my insurance policy).