PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to the donks game in Denver?

REDHOTGTO
07-22-2006, 08:25 AM
I am going 2 bewithin 60 miles of denver when the Chiefs are in town, how many planeteers are going to the game? any tickets available? do we have our own section? ROFL

DaFace
07-22-2006, 08:34 AM
I am going 2 bewithin 60 miles of denver when the Chiefs are in town, how many planeteers are going to the game? any tickets available? do we have our own section? ROFL

I was going to go, but then a friend of mine decided to get married that day. :banghead:

P.S. What's so funny?

Dartgod
07-22-2006, 08:43 AM
I'll be there.

PunkinDrublic
07-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Has anybody gone to Denver to watch the Chiefs play, and if so how were the Donks fans toward you? I want to go to Denver to watch the Chiefs just for the experience.

el borracho
07-22-2006, 04:54 PM
I've been to Denver 2 of the last 4 years. The fans are moderately well-behaved. Both games were blowouts in their favor which I'm sure puts them in a better mood and gives them less reason to be violently agressive. Of course there was gloating but that was mostly after the game on the way out of the stadium which I think is pretty normal. I think most normal people can stay out of trouble there.

Local scalper (as recently as two years ago): 720-366-1522

jspchief
07-22-2006, 04:59 PM
I used to go to it every year, but a child has put an end to it.

Personally, I think the Denver fans are assholes, and feel like I have to actively avoid fights.

Bwana
07-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Nope, I have a free sky box seat for any game I want, but I wouldn't set foot in that shit hole.

R&GHomer
07-22-2006, 06:14 PM
LOL I refused to even look at it the last time I was in Denver. I hate the Donky's more than just about anything else. Baby rapers, terrorists, serial killers.. etc

07-22-2006, 08:27 PM
LOL I refused to even look at it the last time I was in Denver. I hate the Donky's more than just about anything else. Baby rapers, terrorists, serial killers.. etc

Ok, I think he hates Denver. ROFL

alanm
07-22-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm going. Just waiting for tickets to go on sale.

Halfcan
07-22-2006, 10:22 PM
Has anybody gone to Denver to watch the Chiefs play, and if so how were the Donks fans toward you? I want to go to Denver to watch the Chiefs just for the experience.

Yep I was at the old Mile High and the fans, as most Donks fans were arrogant assholes.

I lost track of how many said they were going to kick my azz-but no one tried. When I was walking up the isle to leave after we lost a heartbreaker, some fat Donk lover stood up and screamed in my face with his hotdog/Beer breath. "How about your Chiefs now?"

I slammed him in the chest with a forearm, knocking him back in his seat, spilling his beer all over his nuts. I went up a few more steps and heard his friends yelling they were coming to kick my ass. I stopped and turned around thinking I was going to get jumped.

They stopped where they were and just started spouting threats, I guess they expected me to be scared and run or something since it was like-a whole section against me. I was already so pissed at the game I was passed the point of caring I was ready to hit something. I guess they figured it was not worth getting their eyes gouged out to defend their drunken buddy. Nobody said another word the rest of the way up the isle.

They are loud and proud fans but they take things way too far.

REDHOTGTO
07-23-2006, 06:41 AM
gosh dont think i want to ruin a vacation in the mountains for that shit, maybe i will watch it from estes park and get high! ROFL
rocky mountain high that is

PunkinDrublic
07-23-2006, 08:05 AM
Yep I was at the old Mile High and the fans, as most Donks fans were arrogant assholes.

I lost track of how many said they were going to kick my azz-but no one tried. When I was walking up the isle to leave after we lost a heartbreaker, some fat Donk lover stood up and screamed in my face with his hotdog/Beer breath. "How about your Chiefs now?"

I slammed him in the chest with a forearm, knocking him back in his seat, spilling his beer all over his nuts. I went up a few more steps and heard his friends yelling they were coming to kick my ass. I stopped and turned around thinking I was going to get jumped.

They stopped where they were and just started spouting threats, I guess they expected me to be scared and run or something since it was like-a whole section against me. I was already so pissed at the game I was passed the point of caring I was ready to hit something. I guess they figured it was not worth getting their eyes gouged out to defend their drunken buddy. Nobody said another word the rest of the way up the isle.

You sir are my hero.

Mile High Mania
07-23-2006, 09:21 AM
I've been to games at Denver and KC... and I think the respective home fans were about the same. Each has the a-holes, but for the most part I think they're pretty harmless.

I'm not saying those that have posted stories about having to avoid fights are making shit up, but... for the most part, I think both sets of fans are pretty cordial to rival fans.

If you act like an ass in another team's stadium, then yeah... you're going to feel the heat from the home fans. But, for the most part I would say the majority of all of it is intended to be 'good spirited' yucks between rivals.

Go to the game & have a blast.

Mile High Mania
07-23-2006, 09:26 AM

That's no different than my lone experience in KC a few years ago when Denver was crushed in December. I had a blast at the game and there were some things said between myself and other KC fans, all in jest and nobody got all pissy.

However, there were 4-6 jagoffs behind me that continued to scream "Denver sucks", etc right in my ear... It was obvious they were trying to get under my skin & I just ignored them. There was a older couple (KC fans) that grew tired of their shit and told them to shut up.

So, there are a-holes at every home stadium... it all depends on how you choose to deal with it.

Nzoner
07-23-2006, 10:32 AM

I was there in '94 for the Monday night classic Montana vs. Elway,I'm glad I was with Chiefs Travel(about 200 of us)because that game got crazy.On the last donk td(when Elway rushed it in,after all the controversy of the previous score being taken away)their fans went ballistic as the jumbotron there kept showing the replay of Elway spiking the ball in the endzone.

Talk about verbal abuse,it had been heated the whole game but with that Elway score the fans around us got down right belligerent.In fact our tour guide with Chiefs Travel suggested we head for the bus.I'll never forget looking at her and yelling something like,"are you focking kidding that's Joe Montana,I'm not going anywhere!!"

Little did I know what I was about to experience.I can't tell you how good it felt marching out of that shithole doing the war chant and the chop with almost 200 other chiefs fans around me.

CosmicPal
07-23-2006, 11:18 AM
I've seen quite a few games at Mile High and Invesco. The fans are idiots and you can expect to get harrassed by them. I just ignore them.

For the most part, the peeps I usually sit next to are kewl. Once you get to talking to them and show them you're an articulate and harmless being then they begin to open up to you and it can be fun.

It's usually those jackasses a few rows behind who are on their second case of Colt 45's that have to sound out to everyone that you're a fan of the other team. They are doing nothing more than making asses of themselves.

Just don't be an idiot and strike back and tell others to STFU and sit down- otherwise, you've just dug your own grave. Just think about what it's like to be a donkey fan in Arrowhead, and you will then appreciate the torture of going to another team's home.

Mile High Mania
07-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Just think about what it's like to be a donkey fan in Arrowhead, and you will then appreciate the torture of going to another team's home.

Exactly.

Halfcan
07-23-2006, 12:53 PM
That's no different than my lone experience in KC a few years ago when Denver was crushed in December. I had a blast at the game and there were some things said between myself and other KC fans, all in jest and nobody got all pissy.

However, there were 4-6 jagoffs behind me that continued to scream "Denver sucks", etc right in my ear... It was obvious they were trying to get under my skin & I just ignored them. There was a older couple (KC fans) that grew tired of their shit and told them to shut up.

So, there are a-holes at every home stadium... it all depends on how you choose to deal with it.

I definately agree with this post. Arrowhead is a great place to see a game-but some fans take it way to far. We are sore losers especially to the hated Donks. It seems when Donks fans start being obnoxious is when I have seen fist fights.

I think for the most part we respect other fans except when they are getting out of line. We had a total azzhole Donk in front of us that would not sit down-just kept saying "You guys f#ckin suck, you are all f#ggots." My friend threw nachos at him plus he got hit with countless beers, but he would not sit down. He was challenging everyone to come get some. Finally security took him up on his offer and dragged him out screamig and kicking. Last I saw the Sheriffs Patrol maced him and gave him a nice ass beating before draging him down the ramp by his ankles.

I was NOT being loud at Mile High, but I got separated from my friend and seemed like a easy target I suppose.

Nzoner
07-23-2006, 01:01 PM
appreciate the torture of going to another team's home.

Of the away stadiums I've been to see the Chiefs play I have to give props to N'Awlins,those fans were a blast,and loved to party.

Halfcan
07-23-2006, 01:02 PM
I was there in '94 for the Monday night classic Montana vs. Elway,I'm glad I was with Chiefs Travel(about 200 of us)because that game got crazy.On the last donk td(when Elway rushed it in,after all the controversy of the previous score being taken away)their fans went ballistic as the jumbotron there kept showing the replay of Elway spiking the ball in the endzone.

Talk about verbal abuse,it had been heated the whole game but with that Elway score the fans around us got down right belligerent.In fact our tour guide with Chiefs Travel suggested we head for the bus.I'll never forget looking at her and yelling something like,"are you focking kidding that's Joe Montana,I'm not going anywhere!!"

Little did I know what I was about to experience.I can't tell you how good it felt marching out of that shithole doing the war chant and the chop with almost 200 other chiefs fans around me.

That is one of the best games ever-and my personal favorite-Lucky!

Halfcan
07-23-2006, 01:11 PM
Of the away stadiums I've been to see the Chiefs play I have to give props to N'Awlins,those fans were a blast,and loved to party.

Green Bay had the nicest fans-hell you park in their yard and use their restroom in their houses before the game. It was a great game, we came back and beat them in overtime.

I did get tired of hearing the guy behind me say:

"Look here at that lettle feller run dat ball" refering to Dante. And when he got out of bounds instead of getting destroyed on a punt-he said "That lettle feller is just plain scart, Boo, Boo, you scart, Boo, Boo, you scart of the mighty Packers, Boo, Boo, run outta bounds lettle feller, you scart, you scart, Boo, Boo, Boo, he taint nothing but a scaredy cat."

Oh and their bench seats suck balls and hurt your ass. Packers are some big meaty folks and it is not too fun being crammed in between two of them for an entire game.

Mile High Mania
07-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Heh - Saints fans are just happy to see any team win in their home stadium... as long as the drinks are flowing, all is typically good with the Cajuns.

PunkinDrublic
07-23-2006, 03:58 PM
At the Cowboy game last year, a lot of their fans were giving me a hard time walking from the parking lot into the stadium but nothing too bad. Anyway, one Cowboy fan starts getting a little too close and starts giving me shit and when I informed him that he looked like he'd been smoking crack with Michael Irvin he got really pissed, but at that point I know he wasn't going to do anything about it because I was surrounded by a bunch of other Chiefs fans.

Halfcan
07-23-2006, 04:00 PM
We pulled up for the Bears game in a cab-big mistake-the are PRICKS up there.

Cowgirls have always been puzzys when I have been to the games there. Chiefs fans were louder in their own place.

yeti
07-23-2006, 05:58 PM
I thank god every day that I bailed out on going to last years game, and I don't think I will go this year. Having to drive back to college in Lincoln, NE would be the crappiest 8 hours if I had to see the chiefs get destroyed in denver once again.

DonJaun
07-23-2006, 06:41 PM
I will be there. I live about 10 minutes away from Invesco. Lots of Us Die hard Chiefs Fans Here in Denver.