PDA

View Full Version : NFL Head Coach (The Game)

grandllamajr
07-22-2006, 11:41 AM
If anyone can help me I suck at in game situations. I need some advice please.

Robert

grandllamajr
07-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Help please

morphius
07-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Stop all of the sucking!

morphius
not very helpful

|Zach|
07-22-2006, 11:47 AM
What situation?

greg63
07-22-2006, 11:51 AM
What situation?

He's trying to sign Ty Law.

grandllamajr
07-22-2006, 11:53 AM
actually you cant sign law in the game hes with the jets ............................................................................
It just seems like when we need to score green throws an iterception

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2006, 11:55 AM
actually you cant sign law in the game hes with the jets ............................................................................

run the ball

grandllamajr
07-22-2006, 11:56 AM
it doesnt work to well sometimes

hypersensitiveZO6
07-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Just don't simulate anything. Do all the practices, scouting, etc. The plays you run in practice are the ones you should use in the game. You have to substitute players, or you'll lose every game. Update your depth charts all the time.

grandllamajr
07-22-2006, 12:02 PM
ok thanx im in my first preseason and m running like i was told and im starting to look good

Moooo
07-22-2006, 12:07 PM
ok thanx im in my first preseason and m running like i was told and im starting to look good

Running the ball, even when somewhat inneffectively, will keep the D on their toes, thereby opening up passing situations.

The purpose of running the ball isn't to score points most of the time. Most of the time it is to control the tempo of the game and to make the scoring opportunities such as passing work more effectively.

Though I'm sure a lot of this depends on your strategy. And having never played this exact game, I could be telling you something you already know. In that case, I apologize.

Moooo

grandllamajr
07-22-2006, 12:09 PM
actually thanks very helpful

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2006, 12:10 PM
actually thanks very helpful

np. I know it was vague, but anytime you can't pass it's only because you're not running enough.

grandllamajr
07-22-2006, 12:11 PM
well thanks its workin now

hypersensitiveZO6
07-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Trade Larry Johnson for Ronnie Brown.

-Merill Hodge

Ebolapox
07-22-2006, 12:13 PM
meh--the game can be fickle sometimes--and trent green SUCKED for me by the end of the first year of my coaching the chiefs--he went from like 90 or so overall to 78...

my advice--DON'T sim ANYTHING if you want to be good... find a few good plays that work well in practice against a variety of defenses--run the rock with larry johnson a lot between the tackles, and it opens it up for the play action... I traded priest holmes and the chiefs first round pick for the second overall pick and landed reggie bush, who I used to backup LJ and as my second WR--he kicks mucho ass... if you have ANY imagination at all, the play creator rocks--I have several plays that I use a lot that get me an easy 5-6 yards--

above all, manage the game--don't be afraid to bleed the clock once you have the lead (god, my first year as chiefs coach I used martyball to friggin' perfection, but I won the superbowl)

hypersensitiveZO6
07-22-2006, 12:15 PM
meh--the game can be fickle sometimes--and trent green SUCKED for me by the end of the first year of my coaching the chiefs--he went from like 90 or so overall to 78...

my advice--DON'T sim ANYTHING if you want to be good... find a few good plays that work well in practice against a variety of defenses--run the rock with larry johnson a lot between the tackles, and it opens it up for the play action... I traded priest holmes and the chiefs first round pick for the second overall pick and landed reggie bush, who I used to backup LJ and as my second WR--he kicks mucho ass... if you have ANY imagination at all, the play creator rocks--I have several plays that I use a lot that get me an easy 5-6 yards--

above all, manage the game--don't be afraid to bleed the clock once you have the lead (god, my first year as chiefs coach I used martyball to friggin' perfection, but I won the superbowl)

In my draft, Bush fell to pick 14. ROFL

hypersensitiveZO6
07-22-2006, 12:16 PM
I traded priest also. For Javon Kearse.

Moooo
07-22-2006, 12:19 PM
run the rock with larry johnson a lot between the tackles, and it opens it up for the play action... I traded priest holmes and the chiefs first round pick for the second overall pick and landed reggie bush, who I used to backup LJ and as my second WR--he kicks mucho ass...

Can somebody say, "Smashmouth? :) Bill Cowher is somewhere smiling.

In all seriousness since we're talking about this, I find it very confusing how Andy Reid gets away with only running 10 times in a game. Those West Coast dumpoff passes to Westbrook are not the same as a run, IMO.

I could see trying to play this game with the Eagles being rather difficult.

Moooo

grandllamajr
07-22-2006, 12:23 PM
why

grandllamajr
07-22-2006, 12:26 PM
im using priest right now hes a ****ing beast i hope it blocked the word ****ing but yeah reggie bush was 18 in my draft i tradeed away three draft pics 1st 5th and 7th to get randel el hes doing good for me right now as well

hypersensitiveZO6
07-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Can somebody say, "Smashmouth? :) Bill Cowher is somewhere smiling.

In all seriousness since we're talking about this, I find it very confusing how Andy Reid gets away with only running 10 times in a game. Those West Coast dumpoff passes to Westbrook are not the same as a run, IMO.

I could see trying to play this game with the Eagles being rather difficult.

Moooo

You'd be suprised how easy it is:

Shaun Barber is really good on the game.

Same with Greg Wesley.

grandllamajr
07-22-2006, 12:27 PM
yeah

grandllamajr
07-22-2006, 12:28 PM
damn green just threw interception now the score is 28-31 chiefs

grandllamajr
07-22-2006, 12:30 PM
check this crap out dante hall runs a kickoff back called back on a penalty Priest gets a 90 yard run called back on penaltys then on third down and 21 i throw a 96 yd touchdown to randal el

greg63
07-22-2006, 11:07 PM

It was a joke.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-22-2006, 11:11 PM
It was a joke.

ROFL I noticed the Ty Law subforum on warpaint. Not a bad idea actually.

Fire Me Boy!
07-23-2006, 12:08 AM
Just don't simulate anything. Do all the practices, scouting, etc. The plays you run in practice are the ones you should use in the game. You have to substitute players, or you'll lose every game. Update your depth charts all the time.
Uhh... I didn't EVER sub players and just went 18-1 -- lost the only game I didn't practice the week prior to. Beat the Bears in the SuperBowl 70-0. LJ had 152 yards rushing in the first two minutes of the game -- broke back to back 74, then 78 yard rushes. Led to the rout.

greg63
07-23-2006, 12:09 AM
ROFL I noticed the Ty Law subforum on warpaint. Not a bad idea actually.

Yep!