PDA

View Full Version : It would suck to be a famous actor/actress

Moooo
07-23-2006, 02:37 AM
I'm sure I'll get some opposition on this, but I think it would flat out SUCK to be a celebrity.

Imagine never being able to go out in public and not be noticed by tons of people. Or the actual work itself, having to memorize 200 pages verbatim and pull 16 hour days for 2 months straight, or the worst part, IMO, having to whore yourself out on the Tonight Show and stuff like that in order to boost your new movie's ratings. Or having to always look like you'reabsolutely perfect, even when you feel like crap.

I think it would be nice to be able to have a brand new car whenever you want, but beyond that I don't get it.

Moooo

Chiefs Minor Satellite
07-23-2006, 03:20 AM
I'm sure I'll get some opposition on this, but I think it would flat out SUCK to be a celebrity.

Imagine never being able to go out in public and not be noticed by tons of people. Or the actual work itself, having to memorize 200 pages verbatim and pull 16 hour days for 2 months straight, or the worst part, IMO, having to whore yourself out on the Tonight Show and stuff like that in order to boost your new movie's ratings. Or having to always look like you'reabsolutely perfect, even when you feel like crap.

I think it would be nice to be able to have a brand new car whenever you want, but beyond that I don't get it.

Moooo

This might sound cruel but those that are in that place tend to be attention whores, at least in the beginning.

Juat an opinion.

Saulbadguy
07-23-2006, 06:43 AM
Money cures what ails ya.

mikey23545
07-23-2006, 07:46 AM
Poor tormented millionaires...

ZepSinger
07-23-2006, 08:03 AM
Well, it would suck if you were making a working man's salary. But if you're bringing in millions a year, well....

trndobrd
07-23-2006, 09:54 AM

2:30am....the Grotto....Playboy Mansion

58-4ever
07-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Of course a new car sounds good to you! You don't have any air conditioning!

58-4ever
07-23-2006, 09:59 AM
2:30am....the Grotto....Playboy Mansion

:hump:

teedubya
07-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Mooo must not have seen Entourage.

blueballs
07-23-2006, 11:17 AM
offered 10s of BJs a day
what a pain in the ass

CosmicPal
07-23-2006, 11:25 AM
I think it would be great!

Imagine sleeping with some of the hottest women in the world, having a seaside mansion, and being able to travel the globe at will. The idea of yourself being immortalized by a film, the idea of winning an Oscar, the idea of getting trained for specific roles by some of the best trainers in the world. Having to learn stunts, tricks, and to throw your voice sometimes.

To each his own.

Every career/job has it's downside. Being in the public spotlight is the downside to a career as an actor.

The downside to my current career is that I get to do nothing of the above- plus, I don't make squat for money.

luv
07-23-2006, 11:44 AM
I don't know. There are definitely advantages and disadvantages. Money, cars, houses everywhere, boats, planes, maids, etc. But then there's the life that is no longer your own. Always having people waiting outside your house, rumors getting spread about you, etc. I'd probably be more apt to want to be someone that works behind the scenes.

Bugeater
07-23-2006, 11:54 AM
**** 'em. They want the fame and fortune, and that's part of it.

Frazod
07-23-2006, 12:15 PM

Moooo

I agree completely. I can't imagine any amount of fame and fortune being worth being legally stalked 24/7 by hordes of some of the worst scum on earth; to have any mistake, any moment of anger or embarrasment, plastered all over the world. To have your children subjected to it as well. F#ck that.

Spicy McHaggis
07-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Or the actual work itself, having to memorize 200 pages verbatim and pull 16 hour days for 2 months straight

You left out the part of never having to work again if you don't want to after those 2 months are over.

I'm sure a lot of people on here have pulled 12-16 hour days trying to get a project done, close a big case or making a sale. I've got zero sympathy for actors/actresses. I save that for the blue-collar guy who gets laid off and needs to feed his family.

Fire Me Boy!
07-23-2006, 12:56 PM

Moooo
First of all, very, VERY few scripts are 200 pages... that would be a 3-hour movie. If properly formatted, a script equates to about 1 minute per page.

Secondly, you don't think they have to know the entire script from day one, do you? Try memorizing a scene. That's all they need.

Now theatre actors, yes... they need the whole script. Screen actors, not so much.

R&GHomer
07-23-2006, 01:16 PM
I agree completely. I can't imagine any amount of fame and fortune being worth being legally stalked 24/7 by hordes of some of the worst scum on earth; to have any mistake, any moment of anger or embarrasment, plastered all over the world. To have your children subjected to it as well. F#ck that.

I think I'd play it like Mel Gibbson "sp". By a crap load of land in some remote part of Australia, put up fences with plenty of signes reading "private property, trespassers will be shot on site" and mean it.

Wile_E_Coyote
07-23-2006, 01:19 PM
I vaunt to be left alone

Moooo
07-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Mooo must not have seen Entourage.

I love Entourage, but its too chaotic to be something I would want to do.

I really don't care about getting lots of women. On the contrary, it seems like it would be tough to find one who doesn't like you for your money.

You couldn't pay me enough to do what Vince does, or any of them for that matter (though the job that seems most suited to me would be E's).

Moooo